Freak Upsetting Ferris

Archive of the "Macro Chat" forum

Freak Upsetting Ferris

Postby Cougr » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:36 am

Well Folks,

Looks like the return of Ferris to the net will likely be delayed again, as the Very Same dumbass who upset him over the blatant copying of his art is back and doing it again. It seems that his assurance that he wouldn't do that again was just blowing smoke out his ass.

Check out the web site at http://www.furnation.com/ice for proof. The guy is really pretty full of himself. Must not really have a brain, or really care about anyone beyond his own stupid self.

I suggest you folks who like Ferris and would like to see him less upset about being stolen from, send this Ice fellow a message showing your displeasure with his selfish actions.

coug'r[/url]
Cougr
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby JennaKarst » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:47 am

Done and done. I really can't believe it. This time I won't support the guy, that's just lame.
JennaKarst
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Malcolm the Bear » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:54 am

I just sent an email asking how the "artist" (thief) ICE plans on taking on commissions (they have a seperate email for commissions on their contacts page) and what he plans to do when asked to produce something completely original.
Senator 1: "In pecunia, sic transit Gloria."

Senator 2: "I didn't know Gloria was sick!"

--History of the World, Part I
Malcolm the Bear
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Rattus » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:04 am

It's unfathomable how anyone could be such a prick. Ferris must have asked this guy two dozen times to stop riping his works. Now, just as Ferris gears up for coming online again, the onslaught returns.

This fucker is going to get a piece of my mind.
"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods
to the hogshead and that’s the way I likes it!"
Rattus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby cerberus » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:05 am

Pffft, he aint half as good.

Normally I don't think much of a lil art theft, but this case has gone on for so long and so blatantly that its pretty clear the guy is a complete, class A retard.

Sorry for not seeing it sooner Ferris

Cerberus
cerberus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Re: Freak Upsetting Ferris

Postby Ahastar » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:16 am

Cougr wrote:Well Folks,

Looks like the return of Ferris to the net will likely be delayed again, as the Very Same dumbass who upset him over the blatant copying of his art is back and doing it again. It seems that his assurance that he wouldn't do that again was just blowing smoke out his ass.

Check out the web site at http://www.furnation.com/ice for proof. The guy is really pretty full of himself. Must not really have a brain, or really care about anyone beyond his own stupid self.

I suggest you folks who like Ferris and would like to see him less upset about being stolen from, send this Ice fellow a message showing your displeasure with his selfish actions.

coug'r[/url]

I don't know Ferris or any of his work.
Mind showing a direct link to a specific Ferris picture/ripoff combo so me (and others not knowing Ferris) could see the whole mess?
Rest in pieces!
Ahastar
Gojira
Gojira

Postby Rough_Edge » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:20 am

You guys could always try contacting his host to get the site nuked.

I'm sure proving what he is doing plus the disgust of the content would be enough motivation for them to want to kill the service.

Code: Select all
    Domain Name:
        liquid-i.co.uk

Registrant:
        Liquid Illusion

Registrant's Agent:
        Pipex Communications Hosting Ltd [Tag = HOSTEUROPE]
        URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Name servers:
        ns1.memset.com                    208.178.66.20
        ns2.memset.com                    198.69.227.100
        ns3.memset.com                    69.10.140.4
Rough_Edge
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Cougr » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:38 am

Echoen wrote: I'm doing this so that it can help stop a growing hatred against a guy who is showing tremendous amounts of flattery by drawing in someone else's style.

That flattery comment doesn't hold water. Ferris has asked Ice to stop copying his artwork/art style. Ferris doesn't find it flattering in the least. It upsets him greatly. Ice knows this. And he's chosen to ignore the wishes of the person you say he's "flattering".

My opinion is that he's too young to care and just wants a popular style so he can get oodles of praises by standing on the shoulders of someone who's art is popular.

If you or his boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever want to talk to Ferris, try him at ferris@macrophile.com and let him spill his guts on it.

Overall, I don't think the guy's work is at all flattering. It's raw. It's rough and dispite the assurance that it's not traced, it sure looks it. The line work has way too few construction lines to be entirely done from the gut.

If you're his friend, tell him to get in touch with Ferris and get this cleaned up. If the guy actually does have a talent, let him show it by doing it entirely on his own.

coug'r
Cougr
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby JennaKarst » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:42 am

To put things in proper context and clear things up, it's flattery to imitate with consent. It's harassment to imitate without consent.

It's pretty obvious the situation is the latter.

Sorry to just hop in again. But I repeat myself, the first time I stood by the guy, because I understand that leaning on someone elses style is a way to get started. But I have to go with the evidence against him now.

-JKRoss
JennaKarst
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby ryen » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:52 am

OK, yes it sucks to have you work stolen. But comon ferris, if this is keeping you from popping up mozilla firefox you should take a good, long look at your life man. Hell, if he was SELLING it would be a different situation. But he is simply putting some of your crap on a website and claiming its his own. That shouldn't be stopping you from doing what you love.
ryen
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Next

Return to Archive: Macro Chat