and it's ACTUALLY macro

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

and it's ACTUALLY macro

Postby macrokat » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:29 am

Tend to feel a little out of place on the forum at times since I don't really do traditional macro art, well today I decided rather than work on the comics, I'd do a bit of sketching and a macro comic.

It's interesting how quickly the sketches delved into somewhat adult images, I was tempted to go all the way, but decided I still wanted to stay on the general forum, and that sort of thing probably wasn't appropriate to draw at work.
Attachments
Macro Hurtles 1.jpg
Macro Hurtles 1.jpg (224.12 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
Macro Hurtles 2.jpg
Macro Hurtles 2.jpg (217.24 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
Sketches 1.jpg
Sketches 1.jpg (219.23 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
Sketches 2.jpg
Sketches 2.jpg (180.55 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
User avatar
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8784
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 pm
Location: Oregon USA

Re: and it's ACTUALLY macro

Postby kool kitty89 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:07 pm

macrokat wrote:Tend to feel a little out of place on the forum at times since I don't really do traditional macro art, well today I decided rather than work on the comics, I'd do a bit of sketching and a macro comic.

Who's to say what's traditional? Your stuff's awesome and refreshing. ;) That and it may not be the most common type to be on the art forums here, but it's not completely alone either... though I think the story forum's content parallels your themes much more often. (and of course, you've made some contributions yourself there as well -the illustrations+story thing was pretty neat IMO, that's something you don't see particularly often, especially written and illustrated by the same person)

It's interesting how quickly the sketches delved into somewhat adult images, I was tempted to go all the way, but decided I still wanted to stay on the general forum, and that sort of thing probably wasn't appropriate to draw at work.

Hmm, wasn't your very first submission (or post for that matter) on the Adult forum? (a simple vore themed 2 sketch comic as I recall, though it seems like the pics were removed from that thread at some point)
User avatar
kool kitty89
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event
 
Posts: 1188
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:18 am
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: and it's ACTUALLY macro

Postby macrokat » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:36 am

kool kitty89 wrote:Who's to say what's traditional? Your stuff's awesome and refreshing. ;) That and it may not be the most common type to be on the art forums here, but it's not completely alone either... though I think the story forum's content parallels your themes much more often. (and of course, you've made some contributions yourself there as well -the illustrations+story thing was pretty neat IMO, that's something you don't see particularly often, especially written and illustrated by the same person)


Hmm, wasn't your very first submission (or post for that matter) on the Adult forum? (a simple vore themed 2 sketch comic as I recall, though it seems like the pics were removed from that thread at some point)


You're right on both accounts,, there's no definite "Macro" style of course,, but it's always good to try something different. I do like the fact that my stuff's somewhat different as well, because it does stick out, which actually leads to the second part, yes, my first post was an adult vore pic. However, after that, I wrote the first Skybar story, and decided I wanted to change to a more friendly style to offer an alternative to the violent macro stereotype, which lead to me removing the post.
Though I'm beginning to feel more comfortable in my posts, especially since my art gallery is growing quite large lately, so I'm beginning to get more into the risque side again, hence the adult story, sure it's not too hardcore or anything yet, and to be honest I'm still a little shaky on going to that point, but if it fits the story, then that's what I'll do.
User avatar
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8784
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 pm
Location: Oregon USA

Postby joedude97 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Is that a cheetah girl I see? Well done on the figure in the second page!
User avatar
joedude97
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:36 pm

Postby macrokat » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:00 pm

joedude97 wrote:Is that a cheetah girl I see? Well done on the figure in the second page!


Definitely is a cheetah girl, wanted to do something different than a basic cat, fox, whatever, so cheetah seemed good.
Thanks.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
User avatar
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8784
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 pm
Location: Oregon USA

Postby Marcusaralius76 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:43 am

"Attack of the Lazy Backgrounds!"

And might I say, those pictures of Chloe and Sarah, as a Dwarf Mexican day laborer once said to his boss the day before quitting, "Nice! Very nice!"
The new gear’s the dog’s bollocks. Isn’t it, girl?

Harkonnen II. A 30mm Semi-Auto Cannon.
Maximum range: 4000m. Gross weight: 345kg

Seras, let’s get revenge!
User avatar
Marcusaralius76
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: New England

Postby macrokat » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:38 pm

Marcusaralius76 wrote:"Attack of the Lazy Backgrounds!"

And might I say, those pictures of Chloe and Sarah, as a Dwarf Mexican day laborer once said to his boss the day before quitting, "Nice! Very nice!"


Yeah, you have to mock yourself sometimes, so, lazy backgrounds made an attack.

And the Chloe and Sarah pictures... I'd almost be tempted to give those a second try because I know they could be better probably have to wait until another slow day when I don't feel like doing a full comic.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
User avatar
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8784
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 pm
Location: Oregon USA


Return to Macro Art

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests

cron

Usage of this site is goverend by the AUP
phpBB skin developed by: Abdul Turan & MPFans
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
© 1997-2012, Crescendo Communications