Family Hero (U) - pt1 of 2

Archive of the "Macro Story" forum.

Postby Misty_Crom » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:00 pm

Ch(4) Mi(4) LB, MP, BF(BigFurs) all 2 FM 2/3
Me copyright myself, Jayne and Aruna copyright their players.

It was Aruna’s fifth birthday, at around three o’clock in the afternoon, and her parents were just cutting her cake when her father’s phone rang.
“Misty; you promised. No interruptions.” Jayne complained reasonably.
“I know. It’s probably nothing.” Misty nodded as he answered it, stepping out into the kitchen. “Austin?” He said, knowing who would have been roped into phoning him.
“Y - yeah Misty, I’m sorry. I know it’s your daughter’s birthday, but this really is big. It’s about those POWs... Listen to this.” The coati said, very apologetically. As Misty listened to the recording, he had to admit that Austin was right; this was huge. “Austin... this is too big for us; I’m calling The Fox.” He told Austin.
“I had a feeling you would. Wish him luck from me okay. And wish Aruna a happy birthday from me and enjoy her party.” The coati replied before hanging up.

“You’ve got to go haven’t you?” Jayne guessed when Misty came back through, the kittyfox sounding understandably disappointed.
“Other uniform. I’ll let you know how long I’ll be gone. I’m sorry, really.” Misty explained remorsefully.
“Well... Promise to be careful. And call if you can.” Jayne nodded, knowing that for this, it really did have to be important. With an exchange of glances, Misty headed upstairs to get changed, and for the lift down to bellow the garage where he had a Vauxhall VX220 (Opel Speedster) turbo which had various modifications. As he drove along the tunnel which connected with an underground car-park, he called through to Austin. “Mr Dern. The Fox here. Misty tells me you have something for me.” He said, the voice-synth cutting in automatically. “Yeah, I’ve put everything into an e-mail, I’m sending it now. Good luck Fox.” Austin answered.
“I got it. You’re right; this is huge. Thanks Austin. I’m going straight there.” The Fox acknowledged as he skim read the files, letting the car drive to the car-park itself, setting it to head to the location in the e-mail whilst he read through everything Austin had sent.

Once he’d finished, Misty phoned Jayne, switching off the voice-synth first.
“Hey Jayne. Sorry it’s taken me a while, I had a lot to read through on this... You know how Austin is with reports and the like.” He greeted.
“Hi. Yeah, so; how long?” Jayne asked straight off.
“Could be a while; up to a week. Could be back in two days. It depends on... a lot of things. Does Aruna want to come to the phone? I’ve got a good few hours.” Misty replied.
“Okay. Wait there.” His mate said, resting the receiver for a moment to go and fetch their daughter. “Daddy? Are you saving the world?” Aruna asked as soon as she picked the receiver up. “I’m not too sure sweetie. Maybe I’ll be back as soon as I can though.” Misty told her. “Okies. Can I have a pet now I’m five?” The cub asked.
“When I get back, if you’ve been really good, we’ll see. Okay?” Misty replied, chuckling slightly at Aruna’s bluntness. “Okies. Say goodnight with The Fox voice?” Aruna asked now. With a smile, Misty switched the voice-synth back on. “Hello young lady. You be a good girl and go to bed eh? Goodnight, and sleep well.” He said.
“Thank you Mr Fox, I will. My Mommy wants to talk to you. She really likes you.” Aruna said back, handing the phone to Jayne again.
“Good evening young miss. What’s this I hear of you having feelings for me?” Misty said to Jayne. “Well, what female doesn’t? Good luck sir; I hope I’ll see you soon. Love you.” Jayne answered with a smile. “Thank you. I love you too, and I will do all I can. Bye.” Misty replied before switching the phone off.

When he reached the location, The Fox switched on the surveillance equipment in the car before heading round to the side of the building, which looked not unlike a series of terraced bungalows. As he crouched down, picking the lock of a side door, The Fox was quite unaware that he was expected. The door was wired with five hundred volts which knocked him clean out as soon as he touched the handle to open the door, having heard the lock click.

Opening his eyes, it was as though for the first time. Misty had no conscious memory whatsoever.
As he looked around, he realised that he was in a dark box. He was also being moved around a lot, maybe being carried. One thing he did know was that he was scared. Scared of the darkness, and scared of whatever it was carrying him. Somehow - he didn’t know how - he knew he was being taken to be sold. This scared him too; and he didn’t like being scared.
Suddenly, Misty was tipped out of the box, into a glass case that had straw on the floor. The case was one of several in a row in the pet shop. Also in the case, from which misty could see the shop door, was a water bowl, a food bowl and a toilet roll tube. Immediately, Misty darted into the tube to hide. He did however move to the front of the tube to look out.

For the whole of the day, Misty stayed there, only moving to back further into the tube when someone came into the shop and headed in his direction.
Eventually, the shop was shut for the night and the lights went out. Only then did the terrified, mouse sized fox explore his cage, finding his food and water dishes to eat and drink before pulling some of the straw to a back corner to hide in to sleep.

For over a month, Misty existed like this, hiding in his tube during the day, eating and drinking only before he went to sleep at night. One day though, a pair came in who sparked some recognition deep down inside the little guy. He didn’t remember anything of them, or even realise as such that he did recognise them, but there was something there; a familiarity there that soothed his fear ever-so slightly.
They didn’t look overly similar, but were easily identifiable as mother and daughter.
When they moved to Misty's cage, looking in the one above his, Misty - for the first time ever - moved forwards from his tube to the front of the cage. Standing with his hands resting on the glass, the mouse sized vulpine just stared up in awe. This was the closest he had ever been to anyone that he could remember. Even the cub; or kitten, Misty couldn’t be sure which she was, was absolutely huge.

Suddenly, just as Misty was trying to move his head to see further up the adult, the young one crouched down to look into Misty’s cage. On seeing the massive face so close, Misty panicked and moved to back away whilst she was reading the card just bellow the cage; but the tiny male tripped and ended up on his backside. Too scared to move from there as the giant girl noticed him, giggling as she told her mother that the little creature had just tripped over, Misty just cringed back, looking down for a few moments, squeezing his eyes shut, his ears flat against his head. As he looked up again, the even more huge adult’s face filled the little male’s vision. When the enormous, yellow furred kittyfox chuckled too at him, Misty started to cry, though not looking away this time; largely through a sense of obedience.

Much to Misty’s surprise and confusion however, both the adult and the young female stopped laughing when they realised he was crying. Initially, Misty expected them to be angry for him ceasing their amusement, but they seemed to be sorry for him. Soon after this however, the giant faces moved from Misty’s case.
For the rest of the day, Misty stayed sat in the same place in the hope that the nice females would return. But they didn’t.

The next day, Misty waited by the front of his cage in case the mother or daughter returned; until another person - a green furred kangaroo - came into the shop, when the tiny fox ran back into his tube.

After a few more days however, the young kittencub - who, practically half morphic, looked mostly feline, but with fox colouring, and a vulpine muzzle - did come back into the shop, heading straight for Misty’s cage, stopping for just a few minutes before leaving again.

After another two weeks this time, the adult canifeline came back to the shop for a few moments, just long enough to remind herself of what the critter was like and to check that he was still there.

Over the next five months, this continued, with one of the two nice females coming in every now and then. Only once more together however; after around four months; though the tiny vulpine had very little concept of time other than day and night (which was just whether the shop was open or closed actually).

One day, Misty was surprised to be woken up by the sound of the kittencub calling him. She had never come into the shop in the morning before. Immediately, Misty scrambled out of his bed and ran over to the front of the cage. “He-he, morning sleepy head. Guess what? Mommy said I can buy you on the way home from school. I’ve got to go now though, or I’ll be late.” She told the mouse sized vulpine, who listened excitedly, yet obediently. With her words ringing in his head, Misty wasn’t too disappointed this time when the young female stood up and left.

As the day progressed, Misty found himself growing more and more nervous at the prospect of leaving his cage. Although he did want to leave, and to go with the kittencub, he didn’t know of any other life, and he started to worry that the young female might not necessarily be as kind and gentle as she seemed from behind this huge sheet of glass. Through all of his fear and worry however, was, if anything, more now than ever, the sense of familiarity, of recognition that he had felt ever since he first saw the two canifelines; which just served to confuse the pocket sized fox.

Eventually; as promised, the light orange furred kittencub did indeed return to the shop, stopping at the counter to speak with the shopkeeper - a tall and vastly muscled male horse - briefly. As soon as Misty saw her come in, he rushed to the front of his cage, his nose pressed against the glass, his tail wagging furiously behind him, the tiny male, both terrified and ecstatic at the same time, his sense of obedience towards the female swinging his decision to be where he was rather than cowering in his tube or his bed. After just a few moments, the kittencub headed over to Misty’s cage, her own tail wagging as excitedly as Misty’s - this indicating her canine side since a feline would only wave its tail when agitated.

Instead of crouching down in front of the cage, this time, the youngster lifted the lid up, looking at Misty from above; the little fox, although he had to back up halfway across his cage to do so, just stared up. “Hee, ready to come home with me then? Climb on my fingers so I can lift you out.” The youngster, who Misty now figured to be a kitten with fox coloured fur - almost the same shade as his own fur in fact - said as she lowered one hand into the cage in a sort of scooping shape, placing it in the straw, letting Misty climb on of his own accord. Once the gigantic hand was on the floor of his cage, Misty nodded at the instruction from, he guessed, his new and first mistress before doing as she said, climbing tentatively into the young female’s hand. Immediately being lifted out of his cage, Misty clung tightly to the kittencub’s thumb, finding himself being held at around chest height.

“It’s okay, I won’t let you fall. Wow; I can’t believe I’m actually buying you myself now. I wanted to take you home ever since I first saw you. Hnn, you’re really soft and nice to hold too.” The young female said, speaking softly, realising that Misty was nervous. With this, the tiny fox turned round, looking up at the face of the one holding him. With a smile, she started walking, the sudden motion surprising and frightening Misty, who gripped tightly at the kittencub’s fur. When she stopped at the counter, the young girl put Misty on her muzzle before placing the card for Misty’s cage on the glass counter. Whilst the huge female paid for him, Misty watched what she did, and at the counter, noticing with interest the large selection of collars inside it. “What’s your badge say?” The kittencub asked of the shopkeeper.
“It’s my name tag. It says that I‘m the manager, and that my name’s Mr Ebonblade.” He answered. “Oh. Thank you Mr Ebonblade, bye.” The young female smiled, plucking Misty from her muzzle, cupping him in her hands as she left the shop.

“Yay! You’re mine now! That was nearly all of my birthday money. Have you ever been bought by anyone else?” The tiny fox’s new mistress chittered, stroking softly over her new pet’s front with one thumb. Never having been outside before, Misty held on tightly to his first ever owner’s thumb as she stroked him with it, shaking his head in reply to her question. The kittencub smiled at this, “Can you understand what I’m saying then? Cool! Hee, can you talk too then?” She asked. Misty just nodded instinctively at this, but he couldn’t actually remember having ever done so. As he stared up at his mistress, the mouse sized vulpine figured he’d better at least try; “Yyy - yes m... m - mistress.” He answered sheepishly, turning his head away in case he had displeased his owner in any way. The comparatively titanic kitten however, thought that Misty was just playing, and lifted him up, nosing at the side of his head. “Aww, sweet. You don’t have to call me mistress all the time though. M name’s Aruna. What’s your name little foxie?” She told him.

Suddenly, Misty’s mind was awash memories; memories of the young female who now owned him; though the tiny fox couldn’t be sure of them, after all, he had never known anything other than the pet shop... Except for the darkness from which he was tipped into his cage. “A - Ar - runa?” He checked, his disjointednes removing the querying tone.
“He-heh, no, silly. That’s my name. What’s yours?” Aruna giggled, touching a finger to herself, and then to Misty’s chest, tickling him when she did this. Now it hit him like a ton of feathers. The familiarity, he suddenly remembered that he was Aruna’s father. But something inside him reminded him that he was her pet now. He couldn’t tell her; at least not yet. Not that she’d believe him. Besides, the fact was all that he did remember. “M - Mi - Misty.” Misty answered nervously, unsure of how his mistress would react.
“Oh? Heh, that’s nice. Cute.” Aruna smiled down sweetly, stroking her thumb down her new pet’s front again. Albeit briefly, Aruna did wonder for a moment whether Misty might be - he did look a lot like her daddy, if a LOT smaller - her father. The thought quickly evaporated from the fox coloured kitten’s mind however as she realised that she was home, her attention switching suddenly to finding her key in her pocket.

“There. Well, this is your new home. Come on, I’ll show you my bedroom. I’ve gotta put my bag away in there anyway.” Aruna told Misty, who she had set on her shoulder whilst she found her key and opened the front door, as she walked up the stairs. As his owner walked, Misty held on tightly to the collar of her blouse, watching with ardour as she headed up and through to her bedroom. As he was lifted down to the bed, Misty looked around Aruna’s bedroom, then at her bag, then at her. “There. Now you’d better go under my covers whilst I get changed okay?” The kitten told the fox once she’d put her bag away and hung her school cardigan up, laying a hand palm-up next to him.

“Please... may I ask a question first Mistress Aruna?” Misty asked once he was sat down in her palm. “Sure, what is it?” She smiled, bringing the hand up to face level, turning and sitting up onto her bed at the same time. “I - I can’t see my... c - cage anywhere Mistress.” The pet fox explained. “Ha-ha; that’s ‘cause my Mommy’s getting it. She’s out shopping, she said she going to get it on the way home.” Aruna told him.
“Oh. C - can I please have some water Mistress? P - please?” Misty asked next, apprehensively. “Aww, hnn, ‘course you can. Come on.” Aruna told him happily, standing up and carrying him down stairs to the kitchen, holding him against her body, smiling as he snuggled against her.

As she got herself a glass, having found an eggcup for Misty, Aruna had an idea; two in fact. First, having remembered about her wondering about Misty, the now six year old Aruna remembered an oddity about her father that she could use to find out if her little pet Misty really was her father Misty or not. Orange squash always made him sneeze. He had never been allergic, but drinking even a drop always made him sneeze nonetheless.

Putting her little pet on the side, telling him to be careful, Aruna filled the eggcup with a drop of water for Misty, then made herself a glass of orange squash. “Misty, do you want to try some of this?” She asked of the three and a half inch vulpine. Looking up at the glass of orange water with curiosity, Misty nodded. “What is it please Mistress Aruna?” He asked, throwing the young female slightly with his not recognising such a simple and common soft drink. “It’s orange squash. Don’t you know what orange squash is?” Here, try a bit.” Aruna answered, picking misty up, holding him by the top of the tumbler, holding the glass with her other hand, just in case he should lean on the edge to reach in. “No Mistress. I...” The fox replied, about to say something else, but remembering that he was no longer certain of this fact. Instead, the tiny creature leaned forwards on his hands and knees on his kitten owner’s fingers and dipped his muzzle into the orange coloured water, taking a mouthful.

As he moved back after swallowing it, figuring he quite liked the taste of orange though, Misty involuntarily sneezed sharply, the little male instinctively cowering back by Aruna’s thumb, knowing that he should not have let himself do that. “P - please; I - I’m s - so - sorry Mistress.” He whimpered, on the verge of crying, holding his hands over his head.
“Meh it’s okay. Awwww, it’s okay, you only sneezed, it's okay D - Daddy.” Aruna soothed her new, scared pet; now being absolutely certain of his being her Daddy, “You want me to let you down to get your water? Or do you want cuddles?” She asked, deciding to wait until later for her second idea, which would most likely have scared Misty more right now.

Having calmed slightly with Aruna’s comforting words, Misty looked up to her a little oddly for a moment when she called him Daddy. The tiny fox actually felt quite pleased that she knew though. He figured she was more likely to treat him nicely in the long run this way. Suddenly realising that he was staring, Misty quickly answered his young owner’s question; “W - water please M - Mistress.” He answered, “A - and... then cuddles?” He added hopefully, kneeling up in his daughter owner’s palm, holding his balance with the ball of her thumb. “He-he, okie. I’m just gonna go upstairs to get my new book that I got for my birthday whilst you drink. Okies?” The kitten nodded as she set Misty on the side by the eggcup before lolloping off out of the kitchen.
After watching Aruna leave, awe-struck by the size and effortless, boundless energy of her, Misty stood up to get his drink of water that she had so generously given him.

When Aruna came back into the kitchen, Misty was still drinking, and failed to notice as the relatively gargantuan kitten crept over to him and just stood, watching him drink his water, the young female still hardly able to believe that he was actually hers. She’d pestered her Mommy about it ever since they first saw him.
Once he’d drunk as much as he needed, Misty turned around and sat down against the eggcup, not even noticing the wall of white that made up Aruna’s school blouse in front of him.

With a bemused smirk, the kitten bent down so that her face was level with her little pet Daddy, who noticed her now as she moved. “H - how long have you been waiting Mistress... Aruna?” The fox asked, backing around the eggcup slightly.
“Before you finished drinking. You didn’t do anything wrong, it’s okay. Come on, let’s go through to sit on the couch. Then I'll give you your cuddle.” Aruna told Misty softly, picking him up and carrying him through to the front room, where she sat down, swinging her legs up onto the couch.

Setting Misty down on her lap, Aruna pulled him in snugly against herself as she flicked her book open at the bookmark. “There; cosy enough?” She asked as she started stroking over him with her thumb, resting that hand over her little pet fox. Myrring as he was stroked by the dainty tree trunk thick thumb of his daughter turned owner, nuzzling at her stomach, the little Misty steadily fell asleep.
a pink furred male fox of between 5ft and 1inch.

So, Misty apparently majored in Writing and minored in Chuck Norris. Frickin' hell. (courtesy of The Blue Mage)
Misty_Crom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Jayne » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:18 pm

Awwwww... ;p
In a mad world, only the mad are sane
Jayne
Gojira
Gojira

Postby Misty_Crom » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:01 pm

Thanks.

So, Misty apparently majored in Writing and minored in Chuck Norris. Frickin' hell. (courtesy of The Blue Mage)
Misty_Crom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Jayne » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:56 am

You're welcome XP *foozles*
In a mad world, only the mad are sane
Jayne
Gojira
Gojira

Postby padfootsm » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:22 am

Ok, it's good.

But...as a fellow author I want to help you improve. Not saying I'm perfect either, but I do see a few things.

First of all, the beginning is a little vague. I wasn't following it at first. Maybe you intended that. Next, the transition from being big to small wasn't described well. I was really confused. Finally, would the father really call his own daughter, "Mistress," once she had recognized him? I mean...I wouldn't.

Good story, keep writing.
"The quill is truly stronger than the sword."
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Misty_Crom » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:34 pm

During the year before being taken to the petshop, Misty was brainwashed, and trained to be a pet, all his memories being erased (or.. suposedly - obviously). hope that clears anything up.

Misty_Crom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Return to Archive: Macro Story