Perspektiv and story to go with the pic

Archive of the "Macro Art" forum.

Perspektiv and story to go with the pic

Postby timid-wolf » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:21 am

Im quite proud of how this came out ^^

Randy turned under his blanket. He didn't want to get up, the comfort of the bed taking his furry red and white body prisoner. He knew he had to get up though, or he'd feel groggy and disgusting for the rest of the day. Unfortunately he had no shower. Rarely did a squatter ever have running water. He yawned and rubbed his eyes as he sat up. He looked around his room at the mint green walls, the door to the hallway, the bathroom, the closet, and the two tenth floor windows in his bedroom. He went into the bathroom with its old-fashioned fixtures, and poured some water out of a jug onto his toothbrush as he looked at his face in the dirty mirror. He squeezed out some tooth paste onto the brush and briskly started brushing his teeth. He frowned at his reflection. "Another boring day to last through", he thought to himself. Detroit wasn't exactly a happening city.
The bathroom had a window too, though it was frosted and slightly smaller than the two in his bedroom. He opened the squeaky old window and looked outside at the street below, at the tiny-looking pedestrians below. He left the window open and walked back into his bedroom to get dressed. The ratty frayed curtains blew in the newfound breeze. He rubbed his empty stomach, wishing he had gotten more food the night before. He sat down in an old wooden chair by the windows in his bedroom, and stared out at the neighboring building, an insurance company.
That was when it happened. There was suddenly an ominous rumbling and the whole building shook. Randy's chair fell over, throwing him to the floor as bits of dust and plaster fell from the decaying ceiling. He instinctively put his arms expecting to be crushed by the ten floors above. "This is the end"! he thought to himself, but to his surprise the old Book-Cadillac hotel held together. He helped himself up, happy not be a ground-up hamburger patty. "What could that have been"? He thought about it for a second. They weren't demolishing anything. This, after all, was Detroit. He needed to know what it was though, frightened that something could make that much noise. He left his room and went into the hallway. About three rooms down was the stairwell. The stairs surrounded three ornate ironwork elevators, now stranded on three different levels and devoid of the well-dressed attendants that once worked them.
He held the tarnished brass railing as he hurried up the carpeted grand staircase, kicking up dust, dirt and trash as he went. He made sure to be extra quiet through Eddy's floor. Eddy was a wolf who was quite possessive and prone to violence. This seemed kind of silly though since Eddy wasn't even home. Unlike most of the squatters of the Old hotel Eddy actually had a job. He found relief leaving Eddy's floor and continued up the stairs. four more floors and he'd finally have reached the roof, a great vantage point to see what was going on. He continued up the next four flights through the multi-colored corridors with their colorful dusty runners. The 33rd floor looked the worst since the hotel had been closed slowly, floor by floor. The dark green paint was even beginning to chip off the walls. The young fox flung the old-fashioned metal door open, letting in a strong breeze along with leaves, dirt and trash. He ran out the door onto the roof patio. It had been built to basically be a garden on the top of the building. Tall grass and vines had taken over what had once been well-kept plantlife and the ornate iron furniture was now rusted and scattered all over, intermixed with cheap plastic stacking chairs and degraded metal folding chairs, all surrounded by a four foot brick wall. Small ornate buildings surrounded it. Randy hurried to one side. Looking over the side, he saw the furs below running in one direction, dividing into two streams at the ground level of the hotel. He tried to look down the road in the direction in which they were coming but the road curved around the side of the neighboring insurance company building. He rushed to the front, and into a corner building. he wiped the crud off of one of the dirty windows and looked out. Suddenly scores of anthros turned and started going in the opposite direction that they had been going as he heard pounding reverberating through the ground and the building. he darted out the door and the vulpine froze in fear. Quickly, he ran for the stairwell, his only escape. He closed in on the rusty door. "Im goonna make it"!! he said to himself. Suddenly a giant clawed hand dropped in front of the door, blocking his only hope of escape!
He ran through his options, desperately trying to conjure up some escape plan. Suicide became his only option if he didn't want to be digested alive or chewed like a peice of meat. He ran for one of the walls and hurled himself over it.. Plop!!

After a short moment of total confusion his mind started to re-focus. He propped himself up on an arm and rubbed his aching head. "Hey, little fox". a gentle, yet booming voice said. Whatever he was laying on was both soft and smooth, almost like a "Dragon"!!!! He scrambled onto his hands and knees but dragon caught him by his neck scruff and turned the little fox around so he was facing the dragon. "Dont eat me! Please"! "Calm down, little creature", the dragon said in his surprisingly soft tone. The fox looked up at him with terrified green eyes. "I didn't mean to frighten you, little one. I assure you Im not here to harm you or any of your kind". He picked up an abandoned car that had been set on fire and put it in front of the stairwell door then the dragon picked the whimpering fox up by his neck scruff and gently placed him back on the roof of the building. The fact that the dragon had blocked Randy's escape made him not so sure about his intentions though. Randy had no choice but to cooperate with this enormous drake. He sat there wondering if the dragon planned on bringing the whole building down after he was through. The fox certainly hoped not. It may be a wreck but it was home to at least fifty beings, many of which he knew. The dragon smiled at Randy, showing his rows sharp glinting white teeth. The fox crawled backward, letting out a loud yelp. Immediately, the dragon closed his lips. "Oh, Im sorry! I keep forgetting"! He laughed in a freindly way. "My name's Draco. I've come to this world merely to study your kind. I promise you I have no intention of hurting you creatures or attacking any of your nests". The fox scratched his head. By nests he probably meant the buildings, maybe? It seemed weird being a subject of study. Now he knew how ants felt........
Attachments
perspectiv2.JPG
The main character looking over the ledge on the roof seeing hundreds of fleeing furs below
perspectiv2.JPG (57.15 KiB) Viewed 1358 times
timid-wolf
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby zukezorin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:34 am

Very interesting stuff here. I like the sketch particularly -rather than show the dragonor the destruction, you show part of the buildup. I feel like it's a book and if I turn the page I'll finally see the creature in the next illustration.

You did a great job with the detail of the hotel. It painted a vivid and very shabby picture of the rundown building.
Z. Zorin
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

pic

Postby timid-wolf » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:39 pm

Thank you so much, man ^^!!
I really appreciate it!
timid-wolf
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Return to Archive: Macro Art