SL pics

Archive of the "Macro Art" forum.

Postby SenorPhrog » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:10 pm

Rough_Edge wrote:I've had a few people mention that thing to me. One was someone that seemed to only message me to start arguments, that time over the fact that I was referring to it as a "game" and "chat program" after reading about it, which I guess was very, very awful of me.

When I read further about it, they don't really seem to allow you to use any real modelling tools, as I didn't see any support for various 3D model formats that the major programs use. A lot of the characters I've seen look like many of the body parts were made out of just stacking 3D balls into eachother to make a crude shape, which made me kind of unsure about the kind of tools they offer in it as well. :shock:

Otherwise it might have been interesting to make a cool avatar to run around with. :(

I'd have to say, though, these two have done a mighty job of creating some great-looking models, considering what they had to work with. Foxfire's is pretty sexy, and Star is just plain adorable. It may be limited, but they've done a lot with it. Nice work. :)

I must ask--I'm assuming these characters are all standard height amongst some prop "buildings" set up in a certain area. Is there any way to mod your character to actually be smaller? It'd certainly enhance the illusion of there were little people running around in your play city. I've heard that people have done a lot with SL's limited engine, so I wonder if such a thing is possible. If so, I'm signing up!
SenorPhrog
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Vicks » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:59 pm

It's like these old school video games RPGs where your character sprite is as wide as the streets. XD
If you copied this to read it, put it in your profile

<i>Kooloo Limpah!</i> © Tingle
Vicks
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Rough_Edge » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:25 am

SenorPhrog wrote:I'd have to say, though, these two have done a mighty job of creating some great-looking models, considering what they had to work with. Foxfire's is pretty sexy, and Star is just plain adorable. It may be limited, but they've done a lot with it.

Yeah I wasn't suggesting they didn't do a good job. Just more so complaining about the fact that I had to ditch the idea of joining a while back when I found out I couldn't do it the way I had wanted to when I first heard about it. :shock:
Rough_Edge
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby VonFoxFire » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:09 pm

As far as I know it's more like a chat on steroids. Theres not a hell lot of gameplay in this "game".

Yeah it's mainly alot of chat.

must ask--I'm assuming these characters are all standard height amongst some prop "buildings" set up in a certain area. Is there any way to mod your character to actually be smaller? It'd certainly enhance the illusion of there were little people running around in your play city. I've heard that people have done a lot with SL's limited engine, so I wonder if such a thing is possible.

Yes though I have made a macro version of Sapphire it's a bit buggy though since the overide was designed for a mech instead of a character.
There are alot of tinies on the other hand[avatars about 3ft tall] they're reasonably common though they always look chibi like cause they're compressed avatars. There has only been one 1inch avatar I've seen to date , it was rather ugly and a bit buggy too. I would have liked to have gotten the script for that so I could make better looking ones.<.< The best I've been able to do is make a tiny avatar mech and put a little driver inside to give the impression there's a really small fur avatar.
Attachments
T1_002.jpg
Macro Sapphire version
T1_002.jpg (144.89 KiB) Viewed 2740 times
T1_003.jpg
Tiny Sapphire version
T1_003.jpg (142.96 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
T1_004.jpg
Tiny mech
T1_004.jpg (199.5 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
The universe is mine!
VonFoxFire
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby cjs678 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:43 pm

foxfire...for people who use the game...can u give us a teleport location or a set f coordinates so we can find this place with the cool 'small' buildings?

Thanx
Equus
cjs678
Newbie / Lurker
Newbie / Lurker

Postby VonFoxFire » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:00 pm

foxfire...for people who use the game...can u give us a teleport location or a set f coordinates so we can find this place with the cool 'small' buildings?

Not possible the city is an item and I'm not the owner of it. :wink: Best thing I can suggest is there's one of my vendors in the furnation skymall that has a minature city for sale , though granted mines not as good looking as Stars.>.<
The universe is mine!
VonFoxFire
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Arcturax » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:51 pm

Kick ass, someone made a city to stomp in!

I made a much smaller city where the buildings come maybe up to one's chest and you can kick them around. They smoke too when they fall over so as you stomp the city, huge clouds of smoke rise around you.

But this is way cooler. All that remains to be added it people and cars. Would be cool if you could code the people to spray blood when stepped on and cars to make crunching/car alarm noises and such. Maybe also code it to play a looping background of panic and screaming when you stomp through a particular area. I could probably do such, I'm getting pretty good at the scripting on that game :)
--
Arcturax the Egyptian Fruitbat
and Azrael (Azzybat), the Batgryph
Arcturax
Gojira
Gojira

Postby Grey » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:44 pm

Arcturax, lets talk! Contact Grey Grayson or Star Soyinka in SL and we'll make it even better!
Grey
Rampage
Rampage

Postby Artie » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:48 pm

Star and VonFoxFire were kind enough to let me run about on the street below them while they posed tonight. I escaped with my camera intact, so that means you get photos! :)
Attachments
Snapshot_005.jpg
Snapshot_005.jpg (164.02 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
Snapshot_006.jpg
Snapshot_006.jpg (159.75 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
Snapshot_010.jpg
Snapshot_010.jpg (155.63 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
Artie~
teamartail
Artie
Rampage
Rampage

Postby Artie » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:50 pm

And three more photos. You can see all 20 that I snapped last night by checking out the directory listing here.
Attachments
Snapshot_011.jpg
Snapshot_011.jpg (147.96 KiB) Viewed 2652 times
Snapshot_018.jpg
Snapshot_018.jpg (169.49 KiB) Viewed 2652 times
Snapshot_020.jpg
Snapshot_020.jpg (132.8 KiB) Viewed 2652 times
Artie~
teamartail
Artie
Rampage
Rampage