Space Pirate Sinesse & Crew

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Space Pirate Sinesse & Crew

Postby macrokat » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:54 pm

Sinesse is one of the newest in my ever-expanding lineup of characters.

Sinesse lives in the future, where she is the captain of the Crimson Queen, a battleship she stole to become one of the universe's most notorious and feared pirates.

Sinesse is large and fearsome, utilizing many of the techniques old fashioned pirates use to to intimidate and outsmart her enemies.

As fierce as Sinesse is though she's also very classy, cute, and surprisingly altruistic at times.
She usually pulls her long ears back to make it look like she has horns, but when she's surprised and they go out to the side the big red scary girl looks pretty cute and innocent.

Oh yeah, and there's red, lots of red.

Sinesse is referred to as the Bloody Queen. She dyes her fur red to perpetuate the myth that she bathes in the blood of her enemies, just another of her pirate intimidation techniques.
Attachments
Space Pirate Sinesse.jpg
Original design sheet for Sinesse.
Space Pirate Sinesse.jpg (320.39 KiB) Viewed 4428 times
Lineage sketch 12-31-14.jpg
Sinesse with her predecessor characters, Kat, Amanda, and Kali. Sinesse is normally over 8 ft tall so she's a bit bigger than them, for now. ;)
Lineage sketch 12-31-14.jpg (389.31 KiB) Viewed 4428 times
Sinesse Sketches 1-3-15.jpg
Another sketch of Sinesse with her predecessors, Kat, Amanda, and Kali. Too bad Sinesse isn't quite as big as full macros. Oh well.
Sinesse Sketches 1-3-15.jpg (362.45 KiB) Viewed 4428 times
Sinesse Gown Design.jpg
Sinesse in one of her formal gowns. she does dress up nice.
Sinesse Gown Design.jpg (298.01 KiB) Viewed 4428 times
Space Pirate Sinesse Red.jpg
Space Pirate Sinesse Red.jpg (439.03 KiB) Viewed 4428 times
Space Pirate Sinesse variant 2.jpg
Sinesse with her natural Grey fur coloring instead of her intimidating red.
Space Pirate Sinesse variant 2.jpg (496.06 KiB) Viewed 4428 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Space Pirate Sinesse & Crew

Postby macrokat » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:03 pm

One of the members of the Crimson Queen crew under captain Sinesse... often literally in Elsie's case...
Elsie was originally a slave that Sinesse 'rescued' to claim as her own personal assistant/pet/emergency food supply.
Though she's also one of the most level headed and trustworthy confidant's for Sinesse and the rest of the Crimson Queen crew.

There are color variants of the images because while Sinesse dyes her fur red to look intimidating her natural color is actually gray.
Attachments
Elsie Eon.jpg
Introducing Elsie Eon!!!

An amazing little pink mouse woman who adventures through the stars!!!
Well, kind of, she does in story form at least.

Elsie was a slave who was rescued by Sinesse... only to subsequently become Sinesse's servant/pet/emergency food supply should the need arise.

From the moment Sinesse saw this cute little pink girl she knew she had to have her. Elsie thought she would finally be saved from her life as a slave, only to wind up in a slightly better off situation with Sinesse.

Though eventually Elsie became a close confidant to the fierce pirate captain, and official member of the Crimson Queen. Not that she doesn't still have to watch out for Sinesse's whims to play with her or tease her whenever she wants.

I experimented with a lineless coloring style on this one. I think it came out pretty interesting though I doubt I'll do many other drawings like this one. It has a neat storybook illustration look to it though I think.
Elsie Eon.jpg (248.78 KiB) Viewed 4426 times
Something Elsie Color.jpg
Some design sketches for Elsie in different outfits and with adventuring/pirating gear equipped.
Something Elsie Color.jpg (540.23 KiB) Viewed 4426 times
Sinesse and Elsie basic red.jpg
Little drawing of Captain Sinesse sitting back in her chair and enjoying a little quality time with her favorite little pet/slave/emergency food supply, Elsie.

Sinesse has attached a little harness around Elsie's waist and connected that to a toe ring. Obviously Sinesse has done this to keep her little friend safe and close by at all times, but it would seem she somehow, ACCIDENTALLY got the string all tangled up in her toes and now Elsie's being pulled against her pads! What a terrible accident!!!

Sinesse will figure out how to fix it somehow... after she's enjoyed the feeling of a wriggly little mouse girl against her paw for a little while at least. ;)
Sinesse and Elsie basic red.jpg (487.43 KiB) Viewed 4426 times
Sinesse and Elsie basic gray.jpg
Sinesse and Elsie basic gray.jpg (463.03 KiB) Viewed 4426 times
Risky Sinesse Red Version.jpg
Risky Sinesse, or Sinesse wears Risky Boots.

Little bit of fitting fanart with Sinesse and Elsie playing the parts of a game duo. Ok, so Elsie's obviously not a genie, but Sinesse IS a pirate so at least her part is fitting.

Anyway, once again Elsie is the unwitting participant in one of Sinesse's games. It's kind of a given Sinesse is gonna win, after all it's hard for a little mouse woman to escape an 8ft+ space pirate panthress, so now that she's caught the little woman, what comes next?

Elsie certainly has a complicated love/hate relationship with her captain and it's easy to see she doesn't quite enjoy her games as much as Sinesse does. But she gets to be part of the Crimson Queen's crew and explore the universe with her friends... and captain... so it's a trade-off for sure.
Risky Sinesse Red Version.jpg (530.72 KiB) Viewed 4426 times
Risky Sinesse Grey Version.jpg
Risky Sinesse Grey Version.jpg (512.03 KiB) Viewed 4426 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby NeoVid » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:29 pm

Cute! I can only hope that someday, Elsie finds a way to get the captain under mouse paw...

These characters have gotten detailed in one of the RPs, haven't they? I really should set aside more time to read, there must be a ton I'm missing out on.
Founder of the Macrophilia Overthinking Society
NeoVid
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:38 pm

Lol as fun as that may be and as much as Elsie would love to see that happen as well, pretty unlikely. Sinesse is the captain of her ship and she's pretty good at what she does. Meaning she's pretty damn cautious and obsessive about things. So, she's not likely to miss much, like a scheme to get her under paw. ;)

But, anything can happen so who knows?

And you're right they are featured in an rp here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18629

Though their stories, etc are basically all in my head, like a good majority of my characters. XD

I have too many ideas and not enough time to get them all out!
Perhaps some day. In the meantime at least there's interesting characters to mingle with.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FoxChess » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:22 am

Quite an art dump you got out today. Good to see you getting stuff posted again.
FoxChess
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby macrokat » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:29 pm

Thanks, though it's mostly old stuff I just haven't uploaded here yet. If you look at the dates on some of them you can see they range from last year to today, so, yeah I kind of fell behind there. XP
At least the ideas are still there, and the images are accompanying them occasionally still. :)
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Narzain » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:07 am

Quite the delightful pirate queen, there! Somehow, I could see her having a long conversation with the Dread Pirate Roberts on the importance of image in piracy.

Elsie seems to have come to terms with her place on the crew, for the most part. Mind you, it seems a rather nice place...
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... and sometimes we just snuggle.

The only thing I draw well is a blank.
Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:19 am

:D You're absolutely right!

Sinesse works hard to maintain her persona and reputation. Like the pirates of old she understands that the legend can be just as effective a weapon as an actual weapon. ;)

So she absolutely would be up for such a discussion.

And Elsie, well, she's not super happy about her place on the crew (in particular when it comes to how Captain Sinesse toys with her) but she does get to explore the universe with her friends and have adventures rather than being a slave so, it's an acceptable tradeoff. She'll move up the rannks with time though, so things will continue to get better for her.

Though she may never completely escape winding up under the captain's paws from time to time. XD
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby macrokat » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:22 pm

So this was a happy accident, just wanted to do some drawings featuring Elsie and the theme fun sized, and it somehow turned into its own mini comic. This was entirely unintentional but a happy accident none the less.

Elsie finds a fun sized candy bar and is amazed by it for several reasons, first, despite what the name implies, to her, it's huge! If she were to eat that, she'd be obese! But the wrapper also gives her some ideas, which in turn gives other crew members ideas that make her think maybe she shouldn't wear that too often... O.o
Attachments
Fun Size.jpg
Fun Size.jpg (217.52 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bahamut-255 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:21 pm

Yep. Definitely not something she'll want to do all that often if Sinesse's thoughts are anything to go by. :twisted:
A Growy-Loving Windragon
Bahamut-255
Gojira
Gojira

Next

Return to Macro Art