More macro sketches

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Re: More macro sketches

Postby macrokat » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:55 am

Description generically transferred from FA:

Its been a while since I've posted anything... Working on fixing that. Still coming up with plenty of silly ideas, and even new characters. One of which you'll meet here. Her name is Aame... And she's a lot more than what she looks like... But that's a ridiculous back story for another time...

Right now Aame is (pronounced like Amy, by the way...) walking through the park when a mysterious unidentified flying object passes by... A few times... Then lands before her!!!

What will happen?!

Just a quick ink sketch comic since I haven't had much time to do full fledged drawing lately.

Hope you enjoy it anyway.
Attachments
UFO.jpg
UFO.jpg (880.61 KiB) Viewed 1440 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kool kitty89 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:50 am

Heh, cute ... silly fun ... unless you go to the darker side of overthinking like a certain someone defaults to around here. :P
(ie imagine what COULD have happened if that frisby went a bit more dangerously off-course -heh, and then you could overthink THAT even further as to what sort of other safeguards might already be in place -devil's advocate FTF :lol: )
kool kitty89
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Narzain » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:40 pm

Very cute! I love the progression of Aame's expressions, from "OMG what's going to come out of there?" to "Ohhhhkay, what are they waiting for?". And her final slump when she realizes she's been getting all worked up over a toy is priceless.

Of course, it would be an interesting twist if the macros were playing frisbee with an actual UFO...

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of her.
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... and sometimes we just snuggle.

The only thing I draw well is a blank.
Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:24 pm

Heh, yeah that is a thought actually, and to say I didn't think about that when making it would be a lie. Macro frisby really could be dangerous depending what materials its made of... Has to be something strong enough to handle the grip and force of being thrown by a macro, yet at the same time lightweight enough to sustain a reasonable flight, but still strong enough to not deform, etc.

So best answer... Don't over think it, just enjoy the joke. XD
At least for this one because we don't need to be bringing aerospace engineers into talks about theoretical giant Frisbees.

Narzain, thanks, glad you like it. That's exactly what I was going for, and the idea of it being an actual UFO did cross my mind. But this was another one of those "quick ideas" that went from a one page gag, into a four page comic, so I just went with the original joke.

If you want though, feel free to imagine there were aliens inside, and after they were done playing Kali went to retrieve her stuff and found her Frisbee laying on the ground untouched while the one they had been playing with flies away very swirvy. XD
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kool kitty89 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:37 am

macrokat wrote:Heh, yeah that is a thought actually, and to say I didn't think about that when making it would be a lie. Macro frisby really could be dangerous depending what materials its made of... Has to be something strong enough to handle the grip and force of being thrown by a macro, yet at the same time lightweight enough to sustain a reasonable flight, but still strong enough to not deform, etc.

So best answer... Don't over think it, just enjoy the joke. XD
At least for this one because we don't need to be bringing aerospace engineers into talks about theoretical giant Frisbees.

Hmm, actually, overthinking it MORE because of this ... and now actually thinking of more ways to make it safer. XD

Seems I didn't overthink it ENOUGH before, as I didn't even really think about the construction of the frisbee ... LOTS of options there for minimizing potential damage while also making it structurally sound. (could be a hollow fiberglass or other composite material or a more solid reinforced styrafoam-like material ... and either case with a coating of soft padding on the outer layer ... maybe even an inflated rubber impact buffer of sorts)

Heheh, this is neat, I hadn't even though of ANY of that before ... specialized toys and sports equipment. (both from the safety standpoint and the generally technically plausible end -if you want to take physics into things)

Hmm, something to keep in mind for my writing. ;3
kool kitty89
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Narzain » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:36 pm

I seem to recall a frisbee-like toy from my college days that was basically a circle of fabric with a thick-hemmed edge. Folds up into a pocket, flies pretty darn far, and if you hit someone in the face with it, it won't hurt (just annoy them a little). Something like that might work, though the industrial-grade tarp you'd have to use could still cause some damage at speed...

I'm picturing that UFO now, of course, with one alien berating the other inside: "What do you mean, you didn't even get ONE good picture?!"

Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:12 pm

And now, an old comic that I was finally able to add text to today.

Kat and Amanda, enjoying some quiet time, for a while at least...

BTW, everything... Everything is better and goes with a hot blonde.
Attachments
Amanda and Kat.jpg
Amanda and Kat.jpg (223.1 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Narzain » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:11 pm

And yet somehow they manage to stay just this side of being dysfunctional... Very cute, though.

For the record, the best dipping sauce for blonde is buffalo. For redheads, you'll want a nice cool ranch, and chipotle works well for brunettes. ... Or so I'm told. *innocent look*

Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:44 am

Being on top of a macro feline while she's purring must feel pretty good.
Fixing the world, one duct tape job at a time.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby kool kitty89 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:49 am

The answer, of course, is honey.

And while one could make a punny joke about that making the scene sweeter, it's also a rather ... more significant context for Arbon. (Damn it, now I'm imagining Christy in a situation like that XD )

Oh, and not what I was thinking, but I just remembered Gadabout ended up covering Christy in honey at one point as well ...
kool kitty89
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Macro Art