Little Red

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Re: Little Red

Postby macrokat » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:15 am

You know I've only read bits and pieces of that story, but I might have to reread, been a while and that first chapter is fun. A little similarity there but Jerry's motives are pretty straight forward.

Actually Neovid... I think it's Kat who will be the most surprised. ;)

And here it is, page 19 and a page I thoroughly enjoyed drawing.

Those shocked expressions on Kali, just love em.

But, um... Yeah... Maybe Amanda should have let Kat stay in her trailer after all... O.o ...
Attachments
Little Red 019.jpg
Little Red 019.jpg (246.33 KiB) Viewed 1453 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby arbon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:38 am

Huh ...

From what I remember reading of Amanda in other standalone stories, she's a psychotic murderer who would kill any random person for the fun of doing so with no regard for their friends or family, UNLESS it specifically affects her own. The only reason this is a playful story instead of a terror filled one is because Kat is the only person who knows this and Amanda won't hurt people around Kali or her friends, nor is she willing to let Kali KNOW that Amanda isn't joking around and would actually kill people. Could be wrong and maybe the timeline is off here, or there was some character development in an RP I haven't read yet, but that's what I know of Amanda.

So now she's swallowed Kat. What had been joked about, and everyone assured wouldn't happen, happened. Even if Kat comes out alive (which we all know is going to happen) she's still been bathed in acid and covered in all of the blood, half melted organs, and bits of jagged bone from those sheep. Why does everyone here trust Amanda so much again? Because if these were just random people playing the roles and Amanda had never seen them before nor did they have any connection to Kali (and if there wasn't a camera crew present) then I'm pretty sure Amanda would have just killed everyone there and masturbated to their broken or shit stained corpses. If she was certain Kat would never find out, might kill the camera crew as well.

I do love how Kali instantly realized what happened while Amanda (who's probably done this to other people and thought nothing of it) had to take a moment before figuring out the problem.
____

Off-topic:

If you haven't read Shady impressions, then do so at the earliest available opportunity. It is an excellent read with an INCREDIBLY light-hearted take on both macro/micro interaction and fantasy style storytelling, with a strong emphasis on kind macros and the deconstruction of RPG tropes. I really love how it manages to both treat danger realistically and avoid letting danger bog down the story. If you think seeing Russo interact with that evil macro in the first chapter was funny, wait until you read how he interacts with the more sensible ones. Let alone each of the other creatures he interacts with.
arbon
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Location: Despite what the green paws might claim, not a giant monster. Look down. See that little mouse?

Postby NeoVid » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:11 am

It took me a second to realize what happened there, since the joke wasn't what I was expecting at all.

Ahem.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA... Ow, I think I strained something from laughing so hard....

arbon wrote:
So now she's swallowed Kat. What had been joked about, and everyone assured wouldn't happen, happened.

This can't possibly be the only time that's happened.

I hope.

...Uh, I'm hoping for the sake of the Melannis family, not my prurient interest, really.

Arbon brings up a point it's hard not to wonder about, though. For a while now, I've been thinking about what might happen if Kali ever found Amanda's stash.
Founder of the Macrophilia Overthinking Society
NeoVid
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby arbon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:55 am

Don't ask me why, but all of a sudden I'm picturing an internal shot of what Kat's going through inside Amanda's stomach. Realistically I know there should be blood and organs spilled everywhere, and yet I keep imagining all of the sheep being alive and Kat is just sitting there, mildly annoyed, laying on all of the fluffy cotton while sheep are bleating around her.

As for Kali discovering Amanda's stash? A few things to think about that haven't been answered: How long do the people generally stay alive inside the box before Amanda finds time to murder them, whether or not they have food and water inside the box of it Amanda lets a few starve and dehydrate here and there, the likelihood of someone figuring out a way to escape and then running loose in the house while Amanda doesn't know about them, and then just HOW do they end up in the box to begin with. Does Amanda capture them herself? That seems unlikely seeing as if she had a free opportunity to snatch someone off the street or in a dark alleyway (or school-ground, her choice in victims isn't strictly defined because she doesn't bother to pay attention to any of them) she would gulp them right away. Both because an opportunity was present, and to minimize the risk of someone finding out.

Maybe she captures them using that whole trust thing to her advantage, by being nice and letting people get close to her so she can kidnap them in secret. Perhaps letting a friend of Kali's come over to the house and she hides the person away as soon as Kali isn't looking, then lie and say they went home. Or more aptly, by just going after any person who had an argument or falling out with Kali, making it seem like they just left and never wanted to speak with her again when in reality Amanda just killed them before a chance to make up could occur. But that seems rather unlikely. Still possible given how little respect Amanda has for her daughter and her willingness to keep secrets from her, but that would seem like such a dick move and could be far too risky if Kali ever went looking for the missing friend.

The most likely thing I can think of is that Amanda just buys them, prepackaged. Which would mean that SOMEONE is out there kidnapping people and then selling them as food and toys to macro clients. Verifying both a sizable enough market for such a risky endeavor, as there HAS to be more than one buyer, and that kind of slave trade should be more than a little difficult. (should be ... but then again we do have macros, and assassins like Kat) and thus anyone, anywhere, can end up inside Amanda's box if they were unlucky enough to be targeted by whoever is kidnapping people to sell.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances or minor details about the world I haven't picked up on, I think the most hilarious way Kali could find out is if SHE was kidnapped, forced to wear or injected with something that limits her size, trapped inside a box, and then sold to her mother as a food item along with twenty other terrified people. Can you imagine Kali sitting in a dark box listening to others cry, struggling to get out but unable to for one reason or another; she see's the lid open up and has a moment of elation when she looks upon her mother's smiling face, Kali assuming that she's been rescued. Only to find out that Amanda was smiling for a DIFFERENT reason, and then Kali watches as her mother ignores her entirely to snatch someone out of the box and swallow them whole. Probably teasing and tormenting them the whole way, explaining to everyone that she'll masturbate to the thought of their deaths. Either Amanda would then notice Kali, reach for Kali, or Kali would shout out, and suddenly Amanda's little secret isn't a secret anymore ...

THAT would be utterly hilarious.

Less funny if Amanda doesn't notice Kali or doesn't pay enough attention to realize her own daughter is on the menu, and the story ends with Kali dieing inside her mother's stomach while her two moms have sex together, no one able to figure out where Kali ended up. But that first I described where Amanda is stuck having to explain herself? I can't stop laughing at the idea. She'd probably (hopefully) be in a hurry to throw up any of the other mocros/micros she ate and then try to convince Kali that this was all some prank. Just a harmless joke, like all of the other harmless jokes Amanda likes to play.

_______

I've been thinking about that for a while, and so far all I've come up with is that this setup is great for a DnD campaign. Five heroes walk into a bar, turns out the bar was a trap and they all pass out after having a flagon of mead. They wake up chained and shackled inside a metal box, and the lid opens to reveal a hungry giant who taunts them about how good they'll feel sliding down his/her throat. Only problem is that I can't decide which makes a better story: One of the heroes be related to the giant in a similar manner as Kali and Amanda, or the five heroes just use their skills and work together to fight off the giant. A little idea I've been toying with, and all credit for the inspiration behind it goes to MacroKat's http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7728886/
arbon
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Location: Despite what the green paws might claim, not a giant monster. Look down. See that little mouse?

Postby macrokat » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:20 am

XD lol

That was a lot more than expected from a comment on a comic like this.

You're pretty much right though.

But Amanda isn't psychotic... At least, don't call her that or she'll eat you. ;)

Just kidding. Amanda has issues, that's obvious. Most stem from her harsh childhood which very few know about other than the fact she grew up scraping to survive in the jungle before joining a military regime. She also has fairly serious agoraphobia which is her current biggest issue. When in crowds or surrounded by many people rather than acting scared or timid, she becomes aggressive and forceful to overcompensate. She also has some compulsive behaviors towards cleanliness, but those are different topics.

Amanda has changed a lot since meeting Kat.

Prior to that, while in the military she was expected to be a vicious macro, and that worked perfectly with her facade to hide her insecurities, so she had no problem playing the part relishing in it even because it made her feel powerful.

In those days, yes, she would have little problem indulging if she knew she could get away with it.

But then she met Kat. That was a whole ordeal in itself, but in the end the two realized they had found kindred spirits who could support and love each other. While Kat may not have approved of Amanda's activities she wouldn't exactly condemn her for it. Kat's hardly innocent herself.

However spending more time with Kat, growing closer to her, also means acknowledging that her previous ideas regarding micros weren't entirely true, so she would start to become a bit softer. Playing primarily with Kat rather than finding random micro victims to play with. Not that that stopped... Just became less frequent.

So there was a gradual softening of her starting there.

Then there was Kali.

Talking about the possibility of a child, then actually deciding to go through with it, the two women had to seriously evaluate their lives. Most of which, for both, was not good.

They didn't want their kid to have to deal with any of the kinds of problems they did from their lifestyles so obviously big changes were needed so they could be good moms. Role models. Something Amanda had never had to be before.

She's not perfect, and does still have those urges to get her little "special snacks" from time to time. But how much she loves Kali is hard to deny as she is trying REALLY hard to be a good role model.

So why do people trust her?

People who know her, because they've seen the change from how harsh she was in the beginning, to how she is now. Still pushy and not happy to be in a crowd, but a very devoted mother.

People who dont know her... Because they don't know better. XD

At worst they would think she's just a big bitch, but wouldn't have any suspicions other than that.

Far as swallowing Kat... This is a cartoony setting, so all that nasty stuff not even gonna be a factor. XP

And Neovid's probably right. Amanda jokes about eating Kat and how tasty she is all the time. But never actually does it because ultimately she does love and need the woman. But, Amanda does still love to play with Kat, including licking her and such, so... Occasionally accidents may happen.

Of course Amanda knows to be careful and try and avoid these accidents as she knows Kat WILL get revenge. While Kat may not try to eat Amanda she can still find ways to make sure Amanda knows better than to try anything sneaky again.

Glad you liked the latest addition. And yes since everyone knows it, Kat will be OK. But Amanda will have serious explaining to do and punishment upcoming.

XD Jeez you guys keep going...

If Kali found out what her mom was doing... She would be horrified and very disappointed. Just like she would if she figured out what Kat REALLY did for a living.

I actually kind of imagine it like Arbon described. First off Amanda would never hurt Kali or her friends, so that just wouldn't happen. She wouldn't kidnap and devour one of Kali's friends.

Most likely any "snacks" Amanda does have would either be bought from a secret source, or picked up from a sketchier area of town. Gang members and such disappear all the time right?

Again though this behavior is FAR less common since Kali. Far as that goes Kat could even be a source. She knows Amanda's habits. She could provide some people who need to disappear as an anniversary gift. XD
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby macrokat » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:45 am

Second addition about your idea Arbon...

The idea is interesting... But honestly speaking, I just wouldn't want to put them through that.

IF something like that did happen though, Kali is very distinctive. Blue eyed albino panthers are pretty rare, Amanda would notice her immediately. First thing she would do is retrieve her daughter and comfort her, then either come up with a lie about hearing a rumor that someone kidnapped a rare albino panther, and having to find out because of Kali, or perhaps that she was buying them as part of a setup and she'd return for the dealer after setting the captives free.

Kali would be so emotional she probably wouldn't put much thought in it. No doubt though after something like that, the person(s) who did the preparation would be getting a visit from Kat and Amanda because NO ONE tries to do that to their little girl.

The bigger thoughts and revelations would come later once Kali is less emotional and more capable of thinking clearly. But by then the person who did it to her would have been "brought to justice" so she'd try to put any lingering doubt's aside because after all, her mom did save her.

That's just a quick idea of how it might play out with this group.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby NeoVid » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:02 am

macrokat wrote:Again though this behavior is FAR less common since Kali. Far as that goes Kat could even be a source. She knows Amanda's habits. She could provide some people who need to disappear as an anniversary gift. XD

I like where this idea is going.

"How you dispose of these targets is up to your discretion, but we would prefer something terrifying and messy."
"I know someone who can help with that. And it would cover that birthday gift I've been worrying about..."
Founder of the Macrophilia Overthinking Society
NeoVid
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby arbon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Far as swallowing Kat... This is a cartoony setting, so all that nasty stuff not even gonna be a factor. XP

Hmmm … maybe THAT is why I’m picturing a fluffy bed of live sheep lining the stomach. Either way, that idea is now on my “to draw” list, because it sounds too cute to pass up.

But Amanda isn't psychotic... At least, don't call her that or she'll eat you.
Just kidding.

From what I can tell, this ISN’T kidding, and if ever caught in a situation where Amanda could eat me with no repercussions, social or otherwise, she would do so without any hesitation and a smile on her face. Acting the part of a monster for the sake of appearances is one thing, but when you act like a monster when there isn’t any reason to, then you simply /are/ a monster. I seem to remember reading that Amanda would murder her own allies while growing up in the military. Or rather, it was written that a number of soldiers would ‘disappear’ mysteriously and left it up to the reader to imagine their fate. Sort of makes me wonder just what happens to Kali’s friends if and when they ever /stop/ being friends. And would that ‘dedicated mother’ bit turn to a rather sour note if Kali got into a bad argument with someone and they showed up at the house to apologize, only to find Amanda answering the door instead.

I like where this idea is going.

On one hand it’s great fetish material, on the other hand I’m supposed to sympathize with Amanda in other works and actually laugh when the murders are treated as a joke. It’s not really a joke if she WOULD kill you, it feels more like lulling you into a false sense of security so she can strike when you least expect it.

I would love to see some downtrodden criminal, mob boss, serial rapist, ect … end up captured by Kat and gifted to Amanda as a delectable present. But realistically those are the type of people who would PAY an assassin, and the most common victim of a professional hit-man(girl?) would be the rape victims or eye-witnesses who were brave enough to testify, because someone with money wants them dead before they can get to the trial. Political assassinations are a possibility, and the only thing I’ve actually seen of Kat’s work, but anyone who would pay to have the competition eliminated in such a way is more likely to cause mass harm then prevent it. Kat has been /described/ before as doing pseudo-vigilante work, but it hasn’t been shown anywhere I can see, and it’d be very hard to actually make money unless she worked for some really weird, top secret government branch that outsources to keep their hands clean.

It would be very, VERY hard for me to enjoy the thought of some battered rape victim standing up for herself and deciding to go to court despite the danger, only to end up captured and killed in a gruesome manner by the people we’re supposed to find silly and charming. Which has probably already happened a few times, considering the nature of how people usually end up in slave trafficking in the real world, and the many parallels to this cartoonish one.

The idea is interesting... But honestly speaking, I just wouldn't want to put them through that.

Yeah, your revisal sort of takes away the whole point as Kali wouldn’t /discover/ anything, she’d just almost discover and then be too gullible to follow through. And unless this is after some dramatic character shift, it seems more than a little out of character for Amanda, and all the while painting everyone in an absolutely terrible light. Amanda would come across as selfish, conniving, and cruel for the fact she’ll actively support letting the children of other parents die in a horrible manner, yet the moment her own child is at stake she’s out for revenge. Kali would come across as dimwitted and naive to the point of lethal repercussions, seeing as Amanda would more than likely keep supplying funds to that slave trade and keep murdering more random people without a care.

In Case Studies it was made abundantly clear, multiple times, that Amanda didn’t care who was in the box and wouldn’t pay attention to any of them. It’s rather hard to notice white fur and odd eye color when you are so adamant against paying attention to your victims that you can barely remember what species you just swallowed. It was also made clear that Amanda’s background had absolutely nothing to do with her bloodlust, she does this because she /likes it/ and for no other underlying reason. It doesn’t really matter how infrequent the murders are when she isn’t selective about who she goes after, and her focus is more on a reason why NOT to kill you, because the fact she already wants to is where you start out in her mind.

To make Amanda kill someone she already knows and deeply cares for, all you’d need to do is cut off their voice and disguise their appearance. Smash Kali (or one of her friends) in the face a few times until their jaw is too broken to speak clearly and the face isn’t recognizable (I can find a few pictures of what happens to the eyes if you hit them hard enough, they won’t stay blue for long) if you were willing to be crude and cheap. But then we’ve seen the sort of amazing disguises Kat has access to if someone has the funds and access, and there’s tech in this world for controlling a person’s size against their will. It wouldn’t really be that difficult to keep someone in Amanda’s box from being recognized, even if she was paying attention.

In those days, yes, she would have little problem indulging if she knew she could get away with it.

Gang members disappear off the streets all the time. As do runaways, abuse victims, prostitutes (a particular favorite for psychopaths because they have no legal protection) people who wore the wrong shirt, people who wore the wrong hat, people who walked down the wrong street at an inopportune moment, people who weren’t looking behind them and didn’t notice anything until chloroform was shoved in their face, pretty much anyone, anywhere, who happens to be an easy target at the wrong moment. Easy target usually means the exact OPOSITE of gang members, as those people are more paranoid, more willing to fight, and won’t be taken off-guard if someone tries to mess with them. If she’s still an active serial killer and still cares so little for any of the victims, then it doesn’t seem like she’s actually CHANGED.

Being a role model for Kali isn’t her having some miraculous change of heart, it’s simply a new potential consequence for murderous actions that she would like to avoid. Unless you’re telling me that if Amanda could eat some random person with NO possibility of any of her friends or family finding out, that she would hold off just on principle? Or would she jump at the treat that much more eagerly, because it’s now a rarity that she still heartily enjoys.

I can fully respect not wanting to put the characters through that sort of ordeal, but it seems more like you’d rather Kali live her entire life without ever discovering the truth. And the idea that someone like her could live for so long being lied to and deceived so readily by the two people she trusts most is just heart-breaking.

Hmm …

Taking a side-note so it doesn’t seem like I’m overly criticizing things, I’d like to make it clear that I really did like this update, and I can’t help but notice a little bunny down next to the dinosaur. Is that one of the Jennys? Or someone else.

>.>

<.<

Yeah, I think I’m accidentally ruining everyone’s fun by overthinking things. Sorry.
arbon
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby TinyGuy01 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:26 pm

Yeah, I think I’m accidentally ruining everyone’s fun by overthinking things. Sorry.

Not exactly ruining everybody's fun, but the point where you might be putting extensive thought into a panthers actions and motives in a fairytale parody comic to a point where you suspect that you might be disturbing the enjoyment of other viewers etc is probably a good sign to tell you to chill and enjoy the fun and hyjinks :D

Yes Amanda's character is tricky and has dark sides to her along with good. But her character plot works fine alongside Kali and the others. Sometimes the simplest explanations are the best and it makes things just as enjoyable to take them for their word than to analyse the inner mechanics of the concept :)

Personally I'm just enjoying seeing a T-rex achieve it's life long dream of finally getting to use it's arms so productively :D
That and Jerry's gravity defying super-attack charge looks great! XD
Coz I'm so British.... :)

}when I'm not so Tiny, then I become Alman001{
TinyGuy01
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Yeah I could easily see that happening Neovid. Could even get some good dialogue from it.

Kat relays the plan to Amanda.
"So you want me to be a living dumpster to dispose of your mess?"
"Yep." Kat replies bluntly.
"All right then."

Few more bits of exposition then, I think the main reason you have such a (seemingly) negative impression of Amanda is because of her early character. But characters change quite a bit as they develop. Especially for me, I'm notorious for becoming VERY attached to my characters. I treat them like real people and love them all. So for me, an actual "bad guy" is hard. VERY hard to do.

Originally Amanda was supposed to be a one-time side character bad guy. She was just a means to an end and wasn't supposed to be anything more than a one shot villain... But then after playing her, I really started to like her, and become attached to her. Then those bonds started to form, I saw how she COULD possibly be with Kat, how the two characters could potentially fit together.

Now Kat herself is NOT a good guy. That said she's also not a bad guy. She's in a morally ambiguous middle ground. However you're right, most of her targets are high priority political related targets. People who would be harder for a normal person to approach. Which is why being able to almost exactly mimic one of their family or loved ones to get in close makes her a perfect choice.

Kat does have a conscience though, she does KNOW right from wrong, but also separates work from everything else.

But just like Amanda, she started to change once meeting someone important as well. Kat has had SOME friends for a long time. Not many because she IS notoriously pushy and bitchy, but she has had some friends who stuck with her for a long time. She never had actual love though, someone she felt she truly NEEDED.

Until Amanda. So she started softening too. She started realizing she didn't want to risk as much, because she finally had something she didn't feel she could handle losing. Which results in Kat becoming more picky about what she will accept.

Then Kali, while still working, she would start cutting down on what she would accept quite a bit aiming for the ultimate goal of stopping the assassin work entirely. Of course raising a child is expensive, let alone a macro child with high-class tastes... And Kat makes more from her missions than any normal job would provide... Especially with her less than stellar interpersonal skills when challenged or faced with a difficult person, so, she can't just stop entirely.

Kat gained more actual friends as things went though, like the Elcome group who ARE the good guy type, so occasionally Kat does help her friends and may do good stuff pro bono from time to time as well.

So that was a long way of saying both of those characters have changed quite a bit in personality and their goals since they were originally conceived. ESPECIALLY Amanda, who was originally created as a one time disposable bad guy, but turned into a loving mother.

For the current Amanda think of the vore thing less as an impulsion and more like a guilty pleasure. She does like it, that's undeniable. But she also has a lot of things she likes even more. Especially these days.

As far as Kali and her ignorance... She WILL find out, about both of her mother's secrets, and it will trigger a massive shift in her as a person and how she acts.
I have a story planned around it actually, how she finds out, how she reacts, and how it leads to the tougher, more independent explorer Kali she becomes as an adult. Which begins with her running away from her mothers upon discovering the truth, just so you have an idea how that starts.

I haven't had much time to focus on writing though so the story hasn't gone too far past planning and chapter one. There is a HUGE difference between the carefree child and teen Kali we see here though and what she grows into after finding the truth.

But that's WHY Kat and Amanda try so hard to hide the truth. They don't want Kali to have to suffer because of them. They worry about it constantly and hate having to lie and hide so much from her, but to give her an actual childhood like they never had, they do it. But rest assured, Kali does discover the truth.

Now back to the comic, the bunny girl making the cameo is Sarah. Girlfriend of Chloe from the Chloe and Clare comics. Haven't done any comics with them for a while so I wanted to give a nice cameo opportunity for that.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Macro Art