Little Red

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Re: Little Red

Postby TinyGuy01 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:05 pm

I can't help but think that in hindsight I probably should have given Jerry the power to freeze crazy macro-sized adversaries just to get them to hold still at least. I clearly lacked foresight in her design XD

Hm but Kali and her will have to think up something quick if they wanna stop that big-bad panther ^_^; I don't suppose it's likely that if Kali keeps making Amanda run for so long that she will inevitably collapse due to extreme exhaustion and in the same manner be rendered utterly powerless due to fatigue? ^_^;
A tedious solution, but plausible right?
Coz I'm so British.... :)

}when I'm not so Tiny, then I become Alman001{
TinyGuy01
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:23 am

I don't know commanding four elements is a pretty good start already really. Besides, don't wanna make it too easy for her. If she could just freeze macros in their tracks at will how would Kali ever have any fun? Find OTHER people to mess with? As if. Who knows where they've been. XD

As far as tiring Amanda out... Considering one of her favorite exercises/pass times is free running... :/

Don't get me wrong, Kali's young and fit, but she hasn't been running nearly as long as Amanda so, probably not the best strategy there.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kool kitty89 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:36 am

NeoVid wrote:The brave, heroic hunter is going to... uh... we'll get back to you on that...

You know, this page made me realize just how rare it is to get an action shot of paws. Even better, it's one that's not tragic for micros!

Not macro/micro related (can art aside), but:
http://www.prequeladventure.com/2011/10/1015/

http://www.prequeladventure.com/2012/05/2019/

;)
kool kitty89
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby El_Dustino » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:48 pm

macrokat wrote:You don't have to worry about that El. Fairy tales and the like have been around thousands of years, and are CONSTANTLY parodied. No one's gonna worry about that. Besides, the pace I keep, you don't wanna be waiting for me to finish first. Might be a while. If you got the inspiration just go for it, that's how I do it. :)

Aw, thank you. :3 I'll consider it. It's kind of a parody of a parody, a gift for someone, not sure how well it would work for anyone but nim, but we'll see. But but, this is not on topic, I just can't help but ramble. X3

On topic, I never really considered about how often we see action paw shots without violence, but you guys are right, it is rare, so I'm happy we have some here. :3

I'm also wondering exactly how our Huntsman Jerry is going to be able to do his job in the story here... might need some changes to the original script. X3 Or is that just one of those things we ignore, like the "little" part in Little Red Riding Hood? :3

1/2 Fairy Hero Yo!
El_Dustino
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Berserker » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:52 pm

kool kitty89 wrote: Not macro/micro related (can art aside), but:
http://www.prequeladventure.com/2011/10/1015/

http://www.prequeladventure.com/2012/05/2019/

;)

Ha, glad you linked Prequel because I was also thinking of one of those scenes when the lack of action paw shots was brought up.

Nice to see more of Little Red! Cute as always, can't wait for more.
Berserker
Gojira
Gojira

Postby macrokat » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:55 pm

I've seen that character and some of that comic before... Just don't remember where. Know it wasn't on the actual site though... Anyway... In those regards there are actually lots of action shots featuring paws. I was thinking more in strictly macro terms though. Macro action paws without an abundance of violence are harder to find.

Not impossible of course, just difficult since most who do macro art show the stompy smashy stuff. Even though I don't like that stuff as much, it is hard to imagine many other scenarios where you might see macro paws in action without being destructive. Something like this, macro running past someone, or... Something like this old quicky I did a while back...

viewtopic.php?p=264973#264973

But even in that destruction was involved as paw prints were indented in the street and such. Unless the macro is filled with helium its just kind of hard to avoid the destructive aspects, but at least, beyond reason... Somehow no one was hurt in that game of macro hurtles. Aside from the road and utilities.

Sometimes there are some pictures of macros dancing around micros... Those aren't always destructive but, it depends. A dancing pic with the right angle could look real good... Difficult, but really good. Hmm...
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby NeoVid » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:24 am

Hey, you like drawing giant paws in nonviolent scenes? Well, we like seeing you draw them, what a coincidence!

macrokat wrote:viewtopic.php?p=264973#264973

But even in that destruction was involved as paw prints were indented in the street and such.

The fact that they were vaulting buildings was what made it funny, it would have been totally different if that scene went on someplace sensible and safe. Nothing horrible was actually happening to the little people anyway. Honestly, this is the sort of thing that made me realize overthinking can take a lot of the fun out of it. There's a lot of times when purposely using less logic is good for macro. I still like cartoony physics, myself. After all, if you use cartoon rules for macro scenes, seeing the little people get stepped on should make us jealous instead of depressed!
Founder of the Macrophilia Overthinking Society
NeoVid
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:32 am

Page 18!

The chase is over...

No! Hood! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!!!

Jerry speaks up to save her friend but how?!

Oh yeah... Jerry just happens to be able to manipulate the elements...

Did we forget to mention that because its kind of important. ;)

Seems Amanda will be figuring that out quickly though...
Attachments
Little Red 018.jpg
Little Red 018.jpg (241.42 KiB) Viewed 817 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby NeoVid » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Amanda's stunt double is in for it now... :lol:
Founder of the Macrophilia Overthinking Society