Little Red

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Re: Little Red

Postby NeoVid » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Snerk.

Don't worry, all the signs that say "Certain death down this path" are completely outdated!

It would be good if you had a way to signify Amanda's coloring when you go back to B&W art... but I'm not an artist, and don't have a useful suggestion. :oops:
Founder of the Macrophilia Overthinking Society
NeoVid
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Actually its not THAT hard to color Amanda, I've actually done a comic joking about her coloring and how it works in black and white before, you can check it out starting here if you want:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7751721/

Truth is there's quite a few different ways she could be colored, marker, pencil shading, on the original paper, or greyscale shading in photoshop once its scanned among others. But, the first few options eat up ink and pencils pretty quickly and considering art pens are not cheap items, I try not to go that route. The photoshop option is of course free and not too difficult, just a bit time consuming, and since I do most of my editing between the time I get home from work and the time I go to bed I try to make it pretty quick. So really its just me and my own constraints causing her lack of coloring.

But yeah, the road block and signs all decorations to keep away tourists and stuff. Those silly locals. ;)
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StarryAqua » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:48 am

Of course Amanda's gotta be the Big Bad Wolf. Didn't see that coming. ;)

But oh noes. What's in store for Kali through that scary path? Guess we gotta stay tuned to find out. :)
Humans are such easy prey!
StarryAqua
Rampage
Rampage

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Amanda as the wolf, that's very appropriate even considering that she's a feline species.
Fixing the world, one duct tape job at a time.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Narzain » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:31 pm

Okay, now "either accept that Mommy's a sheep or you're grounded" has to rank up there with "when someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!" Isn't forceful suspension of disbelief fun? ;)

I can't decide if Kali just had a dumb moment or an overly trusting moment there... Loved the food-based tract housing idea, though. And at her size, she could carry quite a bit of construction materials.
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... and sometimes we just snuggle.

The only thing I draw well is a blank.
Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:52 pm

Well it looks like Amanda is unanimously accepted as the big bad wolf. Probably because she's one of the few characters I have with no real qualms about snacking on people from time to time I'd imagine.

As far as Kali and her harrowing journey through the dark path of needles... well that'll probably be left to your imagination and site gags. Right now we have to introduce granny to the wolf first you know. I'm betting people wont have much trouble guessing who granny is either. ;)

Thanks Narzain, even though those two sentences originally spark from two very different situations, when you take them out of context they do share a pretty fun irreverence. :lol:

As far as Kali having a 'dumb' moment or not, obviously she recognizes her friends and family, try to think of it more like they're putting on an amateur play where the actors know the basic plot, but they're making up the rest as they go...

So Kali knows its her mother Amanda of course, but if she doesn't play along with the 'wolf' tricking her and all that, the story doesn't progress. So, how you put it was perfect actually...

Forceful suspencion of disbelief. She has to play along at least enough to keep the story going. But that doesn't mean there aren't gonna be plenty of jokes and remarks about it along the way. ;)
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StarryAqua » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:38 am

Amanda and Kat (if that's who I think Granny is) interactions are some of my favorites of yours, Macrokat. And since Amanda is the big bad wolf . . . well, hopefully they won't take this RP too seriously *wink wink* ;)
Humans are such easy prey!
StarryAqua
Rampage
Rampage

Postby macrokat » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:27 am

Sorry for taking so long, and I'm actually not COMPLETELY done with page 9 yet, but Kat's splash screen requires a BIT more work than the rest. Kat being a diva, big shock. ;)

Anyway just to keep things going in the meantime and prove the predictions accurate here's page 9 let's meet granny Kat! But don't call her that... seriously, not a good move. XP
Attachments
Little Red 009.jpg
Little Red 009.jpg (252.57 KiB) Viewed 1543 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mandude81 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:11 am

The face the sun is making in the last slide. Priceless :lol: .
see that pic right there? i drew it. send me a pic and ill post a penciled version of it free of charge.
mandude81
Gojira
Gojira

Postby Narzain » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:49 pm

Ooh, she's gonna get it.... :)

And the fourth wall takes another hit! It's down! 1... 2... 3... ;)

Have I mentioned lately how much I enjoy your sense of humor and the, not quite bizarre, but close...
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... and sometimes we just snuggle.

The only thing I draw well is a blank.
Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Macro Art