Little Red

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Re: Little Red

Postby Narzain » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Heh. Fourth wall, what fourth wall? :) Though I imagine I'd be a little disgruntled too, in that situation.

It's good to be able to parlay your friend's competitiveness into cooperation. Clearly, Jer knows how to play Kali like a piano when need be.
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... and sometimes we just snuggle.

The only thing I draw well is a blank.
Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby TendoTwo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:24 pm

Heh, both cute arguments the characters have about their roles as well as cute close-ups in that last one.

Why is the image of someone leaning against a giant's nose like that so adorable? :)
TendoTwo
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:31 pm

TendoTwo wrote:Heh, both cute arguments the characters have about their roles as well as cute close-ups in that last one.

Why is the image of someone leaning against a giant's nose like that so adorable? :)

I think, because it shows, beyond a doubt, that they're not afraid of their giant friend. :)

The nose/muzzle is right above those big sharp teeth, you don't even put your hand near a strange dog's head for fear it might bight you right? So we inherently know the muzzle can be a dangerous place, you might be bitten, or worse if you're actually facing a giant. But the fact that she feels comfortable leaning against Kali's nose so casually shows a complete lack of fear, and a trust that Kali simply wouldn't do anything like that to her. She might joke about it and flash her fangs for fun, but ultimately Jerry knows she's safe.

And Yes Narzain these girls use the fourth wall for target practice, they care not for its presence. ;)
But Jerry does have experience countering Kali's teases and vice versa. Being childhood friends they have a healthy bit of playful competition behind them and are no strangers to each others jokes. :)
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby macrokat » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:18 am

-
-
-
The girls got a little bit sidetracked after that last page, but realize at some point they probably should get back to the story...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Attachments
Little Red 006.jpg
Little Red 006.jpg (222.62 KiB) Viewed 1976 times
Last edited by macrokat on Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FoxChess » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:29 pm

OI! GIRLS! Quit kicking down the fourth wall!

.......that's MY job.
FoxChess
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Narzain » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:29 pm

"Oh, right! The plot!" Heh. Nah, nobody worries about that old thing. ;)

And so, with the typical dismissing-of-advice, Little (?!) Red Kali goes skipping off into almost certain peril.
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... and sometimes we just snuggle.

The only thing I draw well is a blank.
Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby TinyGuy01 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:09 am

Ah, Jerry and Kali... no wall is safe when those two forces get together XD
but yep, definitely gotta watch out for wolves, cus panthers are certainly their most favoured of all prey XP

-Just to say it for the 10th time, I absolutely love the way you've drawn Jerry, thankyou Kat! ^_^
Coz I'm so British.... :)

}when I'm not so Tiny, then I become Alman001{
TinyGuy01
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:07 am

Foxchess: but they CAN'T stop, its just too much fun. If the fourth wall were a person they would run up to its house and ring the doorbell then laugh as they watched from the bushes as it repeatedly wondered why its doorbell was acting up. Actually it kind of makes up for the lack of narrator in this story. At first I was gonna have the comic narrated, like most tales, but then I thought, you know what, it'd be pretty funny of the characters just blatantly blurted out what they were thinking instead... and there we go, the fourth wall becomes an endangered entity.

Narzain: you got it, to a t. Though that peril... may or may not be genuinely perilous... that remains to be seen on the next couple pages. ;)

Tinyguy: Glad you like it. I definitely think she looks better on this page than the first, but that happens, drew her a bit more got a better feel for it. Now if only she had something better than farmer's overalls to dress in. XD
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StarryAqua » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:48 am

Damn. How did I not know about this comic. I gotta visit this site more often.

Always nice to see big ol' Kali in something new. And a fairy tale take on things? I definitely like to see what shenanigans Kali may find herself in in the future.
Humans are such easy prey!
StarryAqua
Rampage
Rampage

Postby macrokat » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Two more pages this time, and finally we meet the big bad wolf! And get a couple more morals as well.
One of which replies solely to Amanda's interesting wardrobe choice for her introductory splash screen...

Yes, for those of you who don't know the characters, and find the last names a clue... Amanda is Kali's mother. Unlike Amanda though Kali is not a black panther, she is a rare albino panther. Though once the color leaves you can hardly tell the difference. ;)
-
-
-
-
-
Attachments
Little Red 007.jpg
Little Red 007.jpg (270.52 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
Little Red 008.jpg
Little Red 008.jpg (306.55 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S