Little Red

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Little Red

Postby macrokat » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:58 am

So my favorite fairy tail is Little Red Riding Hood.
It's got quite a few morals in it, and quite a few different versions actually throughout the years.
Just for fun here's the start of my take on my favorite fairy tail, with a macro twist, and the smart-mouth characters I love.

Hope you enjoy it, hopefully the rest will be coming soon...
Attachments
Little Red 001.jpg
Little Red 001.jpg (230.34 KiB) Viewed 4384 times
Little Red 002.jpg
Little Red 002.jpg (321.97 KiB) Viewed 4384 times
Little Red 003.jpg
Little Red 003.jpg (227.52 KiB) Viewed 4384 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Little Red

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Very cute and funny. Although if you were going to do macro fairy tales I would have thought the first one would be Jack and the beanstalk.
Fixing the world, one duct tape job at a time.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby TendoTwo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:38 pm

So its the Three Little Pigs, except its not its really Red Riding Hood...

Except Red herself is the wolf instead, except the Big Bad Wolf is a wolf too... and Red is not so little while the wolf is not so big and not really the big bad wolf and....... I'm confused @_@

Very cute though :mrgreen:
TendoTwo
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:18 pm

Dtf, yeah, Jack and the beanstalk makes sense, but its also really straight forward. Unless it were done in reverse I suppose and it turned out the giants were on the ground and the people in the clouds were micros... which would actually make a LOT more sense... but then how would that work out to threaten the giant? I suppose the micros could be really vicious and such... of course I prefer the friendly/comedic route so it'd probably be more like the micros would make pun after pun until the giant couldn't take it any more and just WANTED to leave disregarding any treasure in exchange for their sanity. XD

Ok... I actually kind of like that idea now. But little red is my favorite so, still focusing on that.

And Tendo, yep, mixing some tails together, the old bait and switch. ;) Of course if you look the tortoise and the hare are there too. And yeah, the wolf is the three little pigs big bad wolf... but not red's big bad wolf... cause... you know fairy tale land is just overflowing with big bad wolves apparently and they all decided to choose the same name or something. ;) but we will see the big bad wolf soon... after introducing the hunter of course.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Narzain » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Very nice! So the lesson I'm getting here is, roads are bad. Avoid the roads. :)

As for the reverse Jack-and-beanstalk, the cloud-dwelling micros could just throw things. Even a giant isn't going to want to get whacked on the head by a brick from that height.
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... and sometimes we just snuggle.

The only thing I draw well is a blank.
Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby TendoTwo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:35 am

Ah, I didn't even notice the Tortoise and Hare, I thought it was just random forest animals.

Yeah, this mixing up fairy tales idea is funny (hence also my silly response), although personally, don't you think Jack and the Beanstalk is a bit too obvious a choice for mixing fairy tales together with a macro/micro theme? You already managed to mix three others that have nothing to do with size differences together. DTF even did one on The Gingerbread Man long ago. (Holy Crap! Looking back, it was almost a DECADE ago!)

Oh, and glad to hear it will be continued, I thought this was just a one-shot silly little comic.
TendoTwo
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Berserker » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:14 am

Funny and cute! Love Kali's personality, I think she might be my favorite of your characters. Can't wait to see more. The sun's face in every panel it showed up was icing on the cake.
Berserker
Gojira
Gojira

Postby macrokat » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 pm

Narzain, yes, exactly, that is the ultimate moral. ;) Everything bad that ever did or ever will happen, happened somewhere on or near a road, so ultimately, roads are dangerous and something to be feared. ;)
But yeah, they could just throw things down, simple and effective.

Tendo, its definitely being continued, the fourth page is practically done already actually. And yes I do agree, Jack and the beanstalk is very straight forward, unless you find a way to switch it up, like I suggested earlier. While the idea of the cloud dwellers being micros is interesting, probably wont be anything more than that, an interesting idea.

Berserker, thanks, glad you like it, and Kali. She is a fun character, the same smart witt and sass of her mothers, without the violent tendencies. She's a friendly macro (size shifter) who isn't above using her size to tease her friends for a bit of fun, but other than that trustworthy and safe. Unless you happen to be a wolf who crosses the street without looking first and she happens to be distracted, then... not quite as safe. ;)

Also I'm glad you noticed the sun's expressions, I was hoping that would be a fun little extra thing. That oddly voyeuristic sun, getting way to involved in that wolf's business... and very happy when he got stomped. XD

To be fair though he was yelling and banging on those pigs houses all day so, it was deserved.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby macrokat » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:17 am

Just a quick addition this time, page 4 and the introduction of Jerry as, the hunter. Jerry belongs to tinyguy001, but since the paths of Kali's and Jerry's family's seem to cross quite a bit the two have been friends since childhood.

Not too much going on here yet, more fun stuff next time... just wanted to post now though to poke some fun at tinyguy and Jerry's desire to be drawn outside of a cameo in a silly fairytale parody. ;)
Attachments
Little Red 004.jpg
Little Red 004.jpg (251.67 KiB) Viewed 4116 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby macrokat » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:14 am

Page 5 Kali chats with Jerry about her 'enthusiastic' wood chopping. She agrees a human like Jerry would have been more fitting for the lead, and even sees some silver lining to switching roles... I think she's letting her desire to tease Jerry get the best of her at the moment. But Jerry knows just how to handle it.

And now, looking for some potential help... I feel like there's another moral that could be snuck onto this page, but I'm just finding myself stuck right now... any fun ideas? Remember I want to keep everything fun and friendly so any good suggestions that fit I might just edit the page and work them in. :)

For now though, enjoy page 5.
Attachments
Little Red 005.jpg
Little Red 005.jpg (227.67 KiB) Viewed 4017 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Macro Art