Amanda and Kat at play

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:34 pm

I lean towards the good over the bad macro types myself, but I like to have both types present in even the "gentle" stories because what's the point of having a "good" macro if there's no example of what the alternative would be.
Fixing the world, one duct tape job at a time.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Altaica » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:30 pm

I only show "good" macros, and let the viewer decide what would/could happen if the macro would turn.

Like the one with the lioness and the helicopter ( http://forums.macrophile.com/files/80ft ... ysmall.jpg ), also in my Giant Lioness thread. While she would only give it a "gentle" shove, she could really give it a push with disastrous results.

So by letting the viewers imagination take over, it becomes more visceral, at times.
Last edited by Altaica on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently out of system on the Lion's Den.

Head of WEA/DEF/SEC for the Lion's Den.
Commander Altaica Powell
Altaica
Gojira
Gojira

Postby macrokat » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:42 pm

Duct Tape Fanatic wrote:I lean towards the good over the bad macro types myself, but I like to have both types present in even the "gentle" stories because what's the point of having a "good" macro if there's no example of what the alternative would be.

Exactly. I'm the same here, I always prefer good macros, gentle stuff, etc. But, you've gotta have bad ones, just like you said, so I try to do stuff like that occasionally. It's just more difficult since I don't really draw stuff like that allot.

Altaica wrote:I only show "good" macros, and let the viewer decide what would/could happen in the macro would turn.

Like the one with the lioness and the helicopter ( http://forums.macrophile.com/files/80ft ... ysmall.jpg ), also in my Giant Lioness thread. While she would only give it a "gentle" shove, she could really give it a push with disastrous results.

So by letting the viewers imagination take over, it becomes more visceral, at times.

Oh yes, it is hard to beat the imagination as far as creating those 'what-if' type scenes. But, it's also good to be able to draw or make those sort of pictures anyway. I've changed quite a bit though since I first started drawing. I used to be able to draw destructive scenes with no problem, but now, it's just not in me any more. There needs to be a reason, a story behind it before I actually feel like I can do it. Which is a good thing I guess, it means I'm not a violent or destructive guy. ;)
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Callimarri » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:21 pm

Loving this series nice to see the 'bad' macro is forced to play nice at least some of the time :P
Crit Rockets
Callimarri
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Postby TinyGuy01 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:32 pm

everyone knows what happens when you split an atom...
But what on earth happens when you split a string? O_O
Coz I'm so British.... :)

}when I'm not so Tiny, then I become Alman001{
TinyGuy01
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby SLBen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:12 pm

I was waiting for them to find a tiny tavern floating in all the string... and all the beers served at the tavern had quantum foam...
SLBen
Gojira
Gojira

Postby Narzain » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:52 pm

Oh, my. I'm away for a week and I miss the good stuff!

This is so utterly cute it defies belief. I like the way Amanda & Kat play (only without the risk of a messy death part). And really, Amanda had to know what she was getting into when she started dating Kat. That's not an especially subtle lady there...

Awesome on so many levels!
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... and sometimes we just snuggle.

The only thing I draw well is a blank.
Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:27 pm

Callimarri wrote:Loving this series nice to see the 'bad' macro is forced to play nice at least some of the time :P

:lol: At least when you've got a strong/smart enough normal person around. Kat's not the type to let others have full control, so she's always got something working for her.

TinyGuy01 wrote:everyone knows what happens when you split an atom...
But what on earth happens when you split a string? O_O

That is the question... perhaps the entire universe will unravel, O.O Or something else might change unexpectedly, like everything might suddenly reappear 2 feet to the left! :lol:

SLBen wrote:I was waiting for them to find a tiny tavern floating in all the string... and all the beers served at the tavern had quantum foam...

:lol: That would be an even more interesting find than proving String theory.

Narzain wrote:Oh, my. I'm away for a week and I miss the good stuff!

This is so utterly cute it defies belief. I like the way Amanda & Kat play (only without the risk of a messy death part). And really, Amanda had to know what she was getting into when she started dating Kat. That's not an especially subtle lady there...

Awesome on so many levels!

Glad you like it. And yes, Kat isn't very subtle, but neither is Amanda. Both of them are constantly trying to assert their control over the other. But, they do both like playing with each other, more than having one of them meet a messy end, so things tend to work out, albeit with quite a few bumps along the way. ;)
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby macrokat » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:11 am

Amanda and Kat decided they wanted to play around a bit, Kat thought it would be fun to do a little S&M with Amanda in her macro form, though, it seems that's much easier said than done.
Attachments
AK Tied up.jpg
AK Tied up.jpg (139.92 KiB) Viewed 1515 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby flitchard » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:20 am

Heh, she didn't read the book close enough... It took almost 50 lilliputians to tie Gulliver down...
Who's the most remarkable, extraordinary fellow?

YOU!!!

Sindbad the Sailor!
flitchard
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Macro Art