Roller mouse

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Postby The Arborist » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:37 am

This might just be me, but it's a little bit confusing as to what is happening in some of the scenes. In some it seems like there is too much happening in not enough space to see it. Then again, I'm easily overwhelmed by a lot of images in one area, so I suck.
Very interesting idea, I hope it continues.
The Arborist
Rampage
Rampage

Postby macrokat » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:59 am

Thanks for the compliments. I was definitely trying for a different approach to the whole macro-growth thing.

I thought the whole growing while blading thing would be cool. Grinding on stuff, riding up ramps then jumping as you grow, landing and continuing to build up energy for the next growth spurt. Fun and not necessarily destructive either... not unless she tries to grind on a building or something. O.O

Arborist, I'm sure it's not you. Probably noticed these are just inked sketches. This is just a quick little thing I wanted to do, so, some stuff is probably a little more rushed than it could be if it were a full-length thing.

Anyway, last page, and we find out the mice have more than just a little sprint around the city planned. ;)
Attachments
Roller Mouse 005 small.jpg
Roller Mouse 005 small.jpg (228.84 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby macrokat » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:25 am

Glad you like it Kido. :D

And yeah, I'm sure you could hitch a ride, I doubt a macro mouse on the 'grow' is gonna notice a few extra riders. ;) Of course you know, better have a good grip or it could get a little dangerous.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FoxChess » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:05 pm

The end? Aww, but there was still half a meter to grow! I wanted to see the max.

Seriously though, I liked those glances back she gave after growing.
FoxChess
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Narzain » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:39 pm

Very nice! The grow-blades are a neat concept. And I love the idea that they're going macro just to make it cross-country quickly enough to grab lunch on the coast. That's just... inspired. (I'm guessing the next setting on the gauge is for interstate travel?)

Am I hallucinating, or was that Aryanna (and possibly Clare) in a cameo? All I can say is, that's either the world's best milkshake, or she took epic-level skills in "casual indifference."
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... and sometimes we just snuggle.

The only thing I draw well is a blank.
Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Kewney » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:43 pm

Hopefully the streets are made for macro rollerskates... but probably not =3
Kewney
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:00 pm

FoxChess wrote:The end? Aww, but there was still half a meter to grow! I wanted to see the max.

Seriously though, I liked those glances back she gave after growing.

Yeah, still half the meter left to go, but, in this case, I think it's better to let people imagine what can happen next. Actually, looking at it, I think if anything this would be better expanded as a written story. I think in writing it could really capture the whole, blading through the city, starting at micro size then working up, going from dodging people's feet, to zipping in and out of traffic, to creating your own traffic flow. ;) I definitely think writing would suit it better, but for now, yep, it's the end.

Narzain wrote:Very nice! The grow-blades are a neat concept. And I love the idea that they're going macro just to make it cross-country quickly enough to grab lunch on the coast. That's just... inspired. (I'm guessing the next setting on the gauge is for interstate travel?)

Am I hallucinating, or was that Aryanna (and possibly Clare) in a cameo? All I can say is, that's either the world's best milkshake, or she took epic-level skills in "casual indifference."

:D Glad you like it, I had to have some sort of interesting reason for them to be doing what they're doing, aside from just causing trouble in the city, though I'm sure people wouldn't mind that sort of goal either.

And yes, that is indeed Aryanna. Demons do have a way of doing exactly the opposite of what you'd expect them to. The other two cameos are Kat and Amanda, though you only see the back of Kat's head when they're in her car. I've been meaning to give Clare a redesign on her hairstyle, now that I've got two black panthers, maybe it'd be a good time for that.

Kewney wrote:Hopefully the streets are made for macro rollerskates... but probably not =3

In a place where macros are common, you'd expect some sort of planning ahead of time, but, for a cross country trip, yeah, odds are not ever place is gonna be prepared, so there will probably be some destruction in their wake, even though they don't mean it.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby deatheater » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:43 am

:shock: Uh oh... Looks like I better watch out when driving on I-80 since that's the highway they will most definitely be using.
I can access your mind though your dreams.
One simple idea can change everything.
Which is why, I have to steal it.

deatheater
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby macrokat » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:28 am

Yes, always good advice, you should always buckle up, look both ways, and keep your eyes open for macros, 'cause they tend to have the right of way... Even if they don't. ;)
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Slate the Dragon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:50 am

macrokat wrote:Yes, always good advice, you should always buckle up, look both ways, and keep your eyes open for macros, 'cause they tend to have the right of way... Even if they don't. ;)

You have the right of way... unless you're in the way =P
I'm losing my mind.

My Mini-city:Light Falls
Slate the Dragon
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Previous

Return to Macro Art