Macro Murder Mystery

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Postby macrokat » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:46 pm

Berserker wrote:
It'll be nice to see the project finished, it'll join the ranks of one of the few comics I actually completed, then maybe I'll focus more on Chloe and Clare, and even start doing some Ask Tia again, since everyone really seemed to like that.

Ah, I really liked this comic...but, hey, all good things must come to an end, as they say. However, it's good to know that Chloe and Clare may come back as well as "Ask Tia", because I really liked those as well.

'Course, I was still a lurker then...

With 'lifestyle' comics like Chloe and Clare, etc. there's not really a need for a conclusion, it's their life. But when you have a story, I've always been of the opinion that it should have a conclusion. I hate it when people drag stories out longer than they should be. Anime is my favorite example, just look at something like Cowboy Bebop, versus Bleach. Both are great anime's, however, when you talk about the two, It's usually agreed unanimously that cowboy Bebop is better. Despite the fact that it's only 26 episodes instead of Bleach's 200 something. Why is that? 'cause they just drag the story on and on. Plenty of people, including myself, love Bleach, but when talking about it, will say, the first season is great, after episode blah blah it becomes really drawn out and weird, but after episode blah blah, it starts to get good again.

Most of the time when you just drag a story on and on to get more 'content' the content is less creative and lackluster than what it started with. So when a story reaches a conclusion, you should just end it. If people really love the story, they can imagine what comes next on their own and it'll live on in their imaginations without being ruined for profit, views, whatever.

Nothing wrong with lurking either, I was a lurker on here a couple years before I actually started contributing.

Umm... where was I going again? Oh yeah... I've had a page of Chloe and Clare done for like months now but just never finalized it yet, losing my job trying to find a new one, dealing with depression, etc. felt the need to prioritize and focus on only one project instead of several like I used to. But things are getting better now, so once this series is finished, it'll be time to get back to the others and hopefully get them revitalized.

Maybe since you were lurking the first time, when I do decide to restart Ask Tia, I'll give you a chance to ask one of the first questions. ;)
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Berserker » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:12 am

Umm... where was I going again? Oh yeah... I've had a page of Chloe and Clare done for like months now but just never finalized it yet, losing my job trying to find a new one, dealing with depression, etc. felt the need to prioritize and focus on only one project instead of several like I used to. But things are getting better now, so once this series is finished, it'll be time to get back to the others and hopefully get them revitalized.

Maybe since you were lurking the first time, when I do decide to restart Ask Tia, I'll give you a chance to ask one of the first questions.

Ouch, it really bites that you had to go through that. It's good to know that you're recovering, though, and that you didn't spread your work out too much.

It would definitely be cool to be a part of "Ask Tia"! :D
I'll probably be pretty nervous about my name just being mentioned or my question simply showing up, but I'd get over it...it's ridiculous anyway. :lol:
Berserker
Gojira
Gojira

Postby Narzain » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:18 am

Oh, my. That grin on Tia's face says quite clearly, "ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, DYIN' TIME'S HERE!" The scuzzball definitely deserves whatever horrible thing she may do to him, but for her sake I hope she doesn't go too far. It'll get her karma all sticky. That said, if she stomps really carefully, he can still go to trial with nothing but pulverized bone fragments in muscle soup from the beltline down...

I've said it before and will again, awesome story! Though I also look forward to more of Chloe and Clare (ahead cute factor seven!). I must not have been around for the original Ask Tia; sounds interesting.
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... and sometimes we just snuggle.

The only thing I draw well is a blank.
Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:36 am

Narzain wrote:Oh, my. That grin on Tia's face says quite clearly, "ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, DYIN' TIME'S HERE!" The scuzzball definitely deserves whatever horrible thing she may do to him, but for her sake I hope she doesn't go too far. It'll get her karma all sticky. That said, if she stomps really carefully, he can still go to trial with nothing but pulverized bone fragments in muscle soup from the beltline down...

I've said it before and will again, awesome story! Though I also look forward to more of Chloe and Clare (ahead cute factor seven!). I must not have been around for the original Ask Tia; sounds interesting.

:D Thanks, that's definitely what I was going for. I definitely like that everyone's getting the moral conflict, I'm glad to see the conflict not everyone's like, "Yeah, squash the f**ker!!!" :lol: That's really great 'cause it shows that the true nature of the character is showing and people are picking up on it.

Coincidentally, this weeks comic is gonna be late... I just spent the day working, and putting together a dinette set, and still have more work to do :shock:

As far as Ask Tia, it's not really the original comic, the original would be the Skybar stuff, Ask Tia was something I did for fun which was basically an advice-colum or interview session type thing featuring Tia and can be seen here! http://forums.macrophile.com/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

:lol:

and now to get a little rest and try to finalize the current page. :P
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Narzain » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:10 pm

Hey cool, thanks! That was a really interesting thread. It gave me a lot more insight into the characters. Plus that link on page 4 to your Skybar short story; very nice! (I didn't want to necropost by replying there)

Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:36 pm

Tia gets a bit stompy and our bad guy gets rightfully scared.

Seems like Tina's starting to wake up after all, will she get there in time?
Attachments
3M - 038.jpg
3M - 038.jpg (275.17 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Narzain » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:58 pm

A little fear is good for the soul, right? At least, the scuzzbag's fear is good for Tia's soul...

As for what the junky can do, never underestimate the danger level of someone out of their mind on pharmaceuticals. Little things like self-preservation and "don't punch someone when your arm is broken" just don't quite factor in anymore.

Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Narzain wrote:A little fear is good for the soul, right? At least, the scuzzbag's fear is good for Tia's soul...

As for what the junky can do, never underestimate the danger level of someone out of their mind on pharmaceuticals. Little things like self-preservation and "don't punch someone when your arm is broken" just don't quite factor in anymore.

You're exactly right. ;) Of course Tia thinks the skunk's passed out, possibly od'd so she's not expecting her to actually show up. Looks like she may actually have to fight for this one.
Also, I meant to reply to your earlier comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the older stuff. Like I've said before, the Tia and Mac and everyone else (except Kat) featured here aren't really like their normal selves, this is just a fun "what if?" type thing.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby joshimus » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:25 am

i hope she dosent get beaten up by the skunk that would stink
As I rise you fall
joshimus
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Postby Kaelic » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:41 am

Good. Good. Your hate has made you powerful.

Now strike him down, and your journey to the dark side will be complete!
Kaelic
Gojira
Gojira

PreviousNext

Return to Macro Art