Let's draw Tia!

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Let's draw Tia!

Postby macrokat » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:52 am

People ask me how I draw things quite a bit occasionally, so, I decided I'd throw together a quick guide to how I draw a character, like Tia!
Hopefully you can read my crappy handwriting and aren't murderously disappointed that I didn't have enough space to actualy finish, but the important stuff is there. :P
Hopefully this helps as a little guide to how I draw.
Attachments
Lets draw Tia small.jpg
Lets draw Tia small.jpg (303.58 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
User avatar
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8784
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 pm
Location: Oregon USA

Postby Kewney » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:04 am

So and now everyone scans a drawn Tia :D
User avatar
Kewney
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event
 
Posts: 2559
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:38 am
Location: Germany

Postby macrokat » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:25 am

Kewney wrote:So and now everyone scans a drawn Tia :D


Well, if they REALLY want to, I wouldn't say no. ;) :lol:

But it's always better when an artist finds their own style. I just wanted to share how I work, maybe it'll help someone. :)
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
User avatar
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8784
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 pm
Location: Oregon USA

Postby TinyGuy01 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:47 am

interesting... its certainly different from my style.
I tend to go with circle head guide and stickman body whendrawing someone. Though those tips can prove usefull for when I'm wanting to retain the frequent shape of characters each time I draw them! :D
Coz I'm so British.... :)

}when I'm not so Tiny, then I become Alman001{
User avatar
TinyGuy01
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event
 
Posts: 4347
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:23 am
Location: Chillin With The Brits

Postby Kewney » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:09 am

I just had to try it out x3
Attachments
Tianoodles!.jpg
Just a quicky... good that she is about to eat... since she looks too slim O.o
Tianoodles!.jpg (70.76 KiB) Viewed 2976 times
User avatar
Kewney
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event
 
Posts: 2559
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:38 am
Location: Germany

Postby macrokat » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:23 am

:D Very cute.

Though I just noticed I forgot to draw her earrings on her right ear, oh no! :lol:

The forearms are a little thin, but over all looks good, very cute little scene, thanks Kewn. :D
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
User avatar
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8784
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 pm
Location: Oregon USA

Postby DD » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:52 am

I might not read your comics and stuff, but I do like ya, farmer kiddo! you are a nice humble boy! So I tried ~

(sorry I fucked up a lot in your character "Tia", but I -had- to do it under 40 minutes...)
Attachments
macrokat.jpg
macrokat.jpg (291.89 KiB) Viewed 2933 times
User avatar
DD
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:48 pm

Postby macrokat » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:01 am

DD wrote:I might not read your comics and stuff, but I do like ya, farmer kiddo! you are a nice humble boy! So I tried ~

(sorry I fucked up a lot in your character "Tia", but I -had- to do it under 40 minutes...)


:D Well that was unexpected, I really was just posting that pic./tutorial to share how I do things, but, now I am glad to see these pictures. No reason for sorry, no "fuck ups" as far as I can see, it's just a different style. It's your style, so it's very nice to see.
You even colored it correctly and everything.
Thanks DD, I think you did a great job, especially for under 40 minutes, I can tell you for sure if I did a drawing with a 40 minute deadline it wouldn't be colored, not digitally at least. :lol:
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
User avatar
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8784
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 pm
Location: Oregon USA

Postby DD » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:05 am

macrokat wrote:
DD wrote:I might not read your comics and stuff, but I do like ya, farmer kiddo! you are a nice humble boy! So I tried ~

(sorry I fucked up a lot in your character "Tia", but I -had- to do it under 40 minutes...)


:D Well that was unexpected, I really was just posting that pic./tutorial to share how I do things, but, now I am glad to see these pictures. No reason for sorry, no "fuck ups" as far as I can see, it's just a different style. It's your style, so it's very nice to see.
You even colored it correctly and everything.
Thanks DD, I think you did a great job, especially for under 40 minutes, I can tell you for sure if I did a drawing with a 40 minute deadline it wouldn't be colored, not digitally at least. :lol:


see? you are humble and nice always! gosh, you are a sweetheart <3
you make meh blawsh!


And I draw the same way you do, the same steps.
at least I USED to.
Now, I do the whole "reference skeleton" thing. it helps a lot! I recommend it~

Go on, boy, keep on drawing and improving, and drawing awesome looking clothing! <3
User avatar
DD
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:48 pm

Postby macrokat » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:10 pm

DD wrote:see? you are humble and nice always! gosh, you are a sweetheart <3
you make meh blawsh!


And I draw the same way you do, the same steps.
at least I USED to.
Now, I do the whole "reference skeleton" thing. it helps a lot! I recommend it~

Go on, boy, keep on drawing and improving, and drawing awesome looking clothing! <3


I have an idea of what you mean, but not entirely familiar with that technique, maybe we need a "Let's draw DD!" tutorial. ;)

For now though, since I've never done anything for you before, and you say you like the clothes, let's give DD a new outfit. :)

I don't know what DD and Kat are talking about, but most likely it's either, how those whiskers magically float by his face, maybe they're talking fashion, maybe it's any number of things related to the joy that can be found by dominating micros for your own pleasure, whatever it is, seems they're having a decent enough time. ;)

And final note, I wish I could say this was done in 40 minutes... :roll:
Attachments
DD&Kat.jpg
DD&Kat.jpg (166.95 KiB) Viewed 2817 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
User avatar
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8784
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 pm
Location: Oregon USA

Next

Return to Macro Art

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron

Usage of this site is goverend by the AUP
phpBB skin developed by: Abdul Turan & MPFans
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
© 1997-2012, Crescendo Communications