Macro Murder Mystery

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Postby rhoxy_runekin » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:31 am

once you get past the gag reflex, a whole new world of food options open up to you.

do mine eyes decieve me? color? this is new and amazing!! i like the red background to accent the major theme of this panel, despite not seeing the actual event mentioned. nice use of foreground/background symbolic imagery through color and tone.

2 more notes: niiiiice bewbs <3, and, shadow crotch sausage. XD
Underdog10 wrote:._______.

Please don't eat the soap Rhoxie...
rhoxy_runekin
Gojira
Gojira

Postby macrokat » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:37 am

Wow, lot of responses. The dark side is definitely gaining force within Tia, her anger is definitely taking a serious hold, but, yes, devouring a victim is still... a step further, of course... as was mentioned, stomach acids do help... guess we'll see what her clever plan is next time.

Macro Sponge, that's awesome, I'll bet it works as good as, if not better than at least a hundred Normal sized sponges! Just don't drop it near any small streams or ponds. ;)

Yes, Tia is definitely going the anti-hero, any means necessary route now, we'll see how that works out for her, and more importantly, how it affects the other aspects of her life.

Thanks for the nice critique Rhoxy, I didn't notice that, interesting coincidence with the shading until you mentioned it, now I can't avoid it XD
Of course you also pointed out her boobs too, so odds are those will attract the most attention, as it should be. ;)
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby macrokat » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Here we go, we find out how Tia covered herself. I said the solution would be simple, and, it is, simple yet elegant any macro could pull it off assuming they're somewhere isolated and there's no one to rat them out.
Also, we see that Tia's definitely being affected by her new choice of action.
Attachments
3M - 030.jpg
3M - 030.jpg (303.33 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby joshimus » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:16 am

yes yes tia the dark side is strong within you join use
As I rise you fall
joshimus
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Postby Narzain » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:56 am

Elegant solution; she's thinking like a cop. And the crushed ribcage would be pretty close to the damage from a steering column at high speed with no seat belt. And, of course, the investigation of said scumbag probably won't be too intensive.

I really like the flashback of the burning car merging into the present of the burning pan. Excellent cinematic touch.
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... and sometimes we just snuggle.

The only thing I draw well is a blank.
Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:32 am

KidoftheJ wrote:Wow. That's actually kinda heavy on the heart. But great job on making it like a movie though. Very good.

Hopefully it does feel heavy only the beginning though, if we've learned one thing about detective Tia so far, it's that she doesn't quit, even if it ends badly, she doesn't stop half way.

joshimus wrote:yes yes tia the dark side is strong within you join us

You may not have to wait long. :P

Narzain wrote:Elegant solution; she's thinking like a cop. And the crushed ribcage would be pretty close to the damage from a steering column at high speed with no seat belt. And, of course, the investigation of said scumbag probably won't be too intensive.

I really like the flashback of the burning car merging into the present of the burning pan. Excellent cinematic touch.

There are little things if we want to be super nitpicky, for example dropping the car against the flipped dumpster would at the very least leave imprints if not cracks in the concrete beneath it. But, it's also plausible with the right angle of impact, if the dumpster dug into the ground as it was getting hit it COULD create similar markings... anyway, like you said, biggest factor though is police are going to see a banged up car, a smashed dumpster, and a no good scumbag, put two and two together, and case solved before lunch. ;)

I always picture my stories/comics like a movie so quite often I try to capture that, some things translate better than others but it's definitely good to see it works sometimes. :)
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SLBen » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:16 pm

Kind of reminds me of the end of the movie "Se7en." Even if Tia finds the killer, she has, in my mind, already lost.

But that's just one fox's opinion.

What I desperately hope is that the villian -isn't- someone we've not seen up until the unmasking. Anything else would be too much like the resolution to "who shot JR."

Yes. I'm old. >.>
SLBen
Gojira
Gojira

Postby SLBen » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:49 pm

Suddenly realized what a "pan fire" might be like for a macro. Watch those "Seconds from Disaster" shows on Discovery where the burning oil refinery is about to "cook off."

:P
SLBen
Gojira
Gojira

Postby macrokat » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:31 pm

*sigh* I hate it when things spill, especially when said spills occur on drawings. XP I guess working digitally would avoid said problem, unless the spill moves to your computer, then that's much worse.

Anyway, trying to show Marie's side again. The poor girl has already lost one family, and now Tia's falling apart as well. Though it's not covered here, aside from a convenient hallucination which hints... Tia has continued to work on the case, and she's continued to use force to do so. Causing her to become afraid of any interaction with normal sized people.
Attachments
3M - 031.jpg
3M - 031.jpg (285.88 KiB) Viewed 2147 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rhoxy_runekin » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:33 am

oh god... i think my heart just broke with that first picture. so sad. i need to hug her..
Underdog10 wrote:._______.

Please don't eat the soap Rhoxie...
rhoxy_runekin
Gojira
Gojira

PreviousNext

Return to Macro Art