Miscommunication

A place for writers to offer creative feedback and post works in progress.

Miscommunication

Postby foxelite » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:44 am

Well, after a little chat with someone on this board, it made me realize that... this story really didn't classify as adult.. and probably fit in better here.

As of now, there are 7 chapters done, but I will post them sequentially on like .. a day by day basis.. or maybe a little bit faster if there are comments between. (Not to mention, after reading over the beginning again, I really need to proofread)

Warnings of things contained in this story.

[color=red:aee8d05be3]Anthro - Feral - Blood - violence(of many kinds) - Occasional strong language[/color:aee8d05be3] -[color=blue:aee8d05be3] macro - alternate technology - dimension warp - occasional annoying accents [/color:aee8d05be3]

Pt. 1
------------------------

"No, no no!," a clearly British accented female voice cried out in shear and utter frustration; "I figured a borda' colleh' would be one of the smarter soldiers.... I think I may have assumed incorrectleh.". Kia merely sighed, padding herself back to the no longer hovering craft parked a full hundred yards behind where her and her 'partner' stood. The five-foot-eight border collie was adorned in a white strapped dress, the bottom ending much like a loin cloth and falling down past her knees, not the usual outfit for somebody trekking through untamed wilds. Beside her stood the chosen guinea pig, another border collie, though currently the male looked far more like the average dog, standing on all fours and coming up to his female 'companion's' mid thigh.

He found himself the victim of natural urges that lead him into a rather unpleasant situation. He had only been informed that he was needed to test a few things that may interest him. Turning to follow the female, the collie quickly padded himself up to her right, looking up and giving the happiest look imaginable by a dog, wagging his tail and lapping his tongue out to the side of a slack jaw, attempting to get her to look down at him as he began to give off a series of barks and yips, granted they were just as understandable as English to the fem' collie, "C'mon Kia, I promise I'll listen. and have I ever lied to you?." The response from the bitch came quick, stomping as she turned to face the dog, throwing her hands out wide as her voice raised into a tone that could bring a grown man to his knees, "Yes, Brackish! You've told me fibs on a regular basis!; Lets see, you lied about being purely canine, about being a high ranking soldia' a--" Brackish quickly interrupted the female collie with a loud series of untranslatable barks, knowing she had him beat here, but refusing to let her drive him into the dirt without a fight.

"Hey now! How was I supposed to know you would go look up my family history? So what if I'm part coyote? It doesn't even show." Kia merely shook her head slowly, grabbing the sides of her head and pulling the fur and skin back tightly in frustration as she began to continue back to the parked craft at a much angrier and quickened pace "It's not the actual fact, you stupid mutt; Its the fact that you passed yourself off as nothing but a collie when I asked you."

Holding back the urge to bare his fangs at the fem', the male resorted to simply snorting and turning to face dead ahead. Trotting beside her, he was easily able to keep pace with his four legged stature- "Kee? That's your nickname, from what I've heard; Lets not ruin a decent relationship over something as stupid as me being a coy-dog; you of all people should know it's a stupid thing to be angry about." The fem' collie sighed, letting her temper subside slightly, "Look, dog, I've done my research on your kind; You coy-dogs are temperamental, your brain anatomy leads to sporadic aggression, and that is simply something I can not allow to interfere with my experiments and testing. Your just as dumb as any other canid in my book."

The male's noises soon became silent as he mulled over her words, his ears pinning back to his skull in frustration, soon accented by a low whimper "Kia.. I don't get what you got against us.. and I'm not overly aggressive, ask anyone, I'm one of the most submissive dogs you can find, sadly.". The female merely sighed, finally reaching the back of the small open two seated craft, it's back having a rectangular opening much like a modern pickup truck though it was substantially smaller, the entire craft only stretching about 7ft in length, and sporting an unimaginative paint job of pure silver. Muttering under her breath, about the mutt she was forced into contact with, Kia began to fiddle about in the back of the small cargo hold, leaving her male companion to simply tilt his head in curiosity. After about ten seconds, she finally stood back to full height, her arms both curled under a very familiar object to the male, though a few objects dangled in her hand that were more of a mystery.

Brackish took several cautious steps back; just as he predicted, the untrained science girl toppled backward from the equipment, landing with a heavy thud on her back and letting go of the aforementioned items; the she-collie able to do no more than give off an unamused 'erf' in protest. The male on the other hand, looked very amused, letting his tail wag behind him furiously as he watched the collapsing scientist, offering her no help in the situation as he took the opportunity to add insult to injury, "Ya' know, if I was anthro right now. I'd laugh my ass off. The scientist can't even hold a few Arc Crosses? That's pitiful."

Still not bothering to offer any assistance, the male sat back on his haunches, shaking his head in shame before flopping onto his belly. Kia would have been red in the face, were it not for her being covered in fur. "Your a real jackass, ya' know that!?" The girl was quick to violently shove the assortment of gadgets aside, rolling over and standing, being digitigrade only making the process of getting back up more difficult than it needed to be, even if she had been like this from birth. Looking at the pile of discarded armaments and materials, Kia couldn't help but dwell on the male's comment, quickly finding a few words to mask her unwanted agreement, "Y- You dumb mutt! You saw me struggling and you did nothing to help? I'm a bitch, you can't expect me to carry the load of the common imbecile!"

Her only physical reaction from the male was an uncaring eye roll; he seemed far more interested in the equipment, poking at it with his nose and giving a curious sniff before looking back up at the yapping female, "So what is all this stuff anyway? All I recognize is the bow and the cross.. and this thing looks like a collar.". Kia snickered, jumping at the opportunity to throw a surprised look over her face, speaking as if she had just made the breakthrough of the century "My god! I think it may have intelligence after all!; Yes you twit, it is a ferally adapted bow, and that is a collar, but it isn't exactly a normal collar."

Brackish began to flip his gaze between the collar and the girl, ignoring her blistering comment and instead turning to the side standing fully erect, "Ohkay, you got my attention, suit me up and explain... bitch.". Being the more reasonable of the two, Kia decided to take advantage of the proposed silence, pausing to merely fiddle through the array of equipment, untangling and yanking out the small, funny looking collar. Her voice had slowly begun to revert to a much calmer tone as the she began to explain, "Now, stay quiet; as you can probably tell, this isn't an ordinary collar."

In all honesty, the male was doing a commendable job in holding in his sarcasms, remaining completely silent as she spoke about the odd contraption. Though the very base of the collar seemed like no more than a heavy black cloth strap, the array of raised, half inch long rectangular panels running across its length made it stand out. Atop every other raised panel, stood a thick metal spike, each appearing to be polished to an impeccable shine. As if it didn't look weird enough, a network of blue and white lines ran along the top of each panel, which in turn connected to small blue circular patterns upon the base of the collar, giving it an odd futuristic, 'circuit-board' appeal.

The female slowly fell to her knees on the grassy forest floor, making eye contact with the male and letting a faint smile creep over her muzzle as she motioned to gently hook the collar to him. "Your kind of cute when your quiet.-" she admitted before continuing, "-Now, as I was saying, this is no ordinary collar, once I snap it in place, it should act in place of a Magnetic Alteration Glove; You know, those things you soldier boys use to give yourselves a fighting chance against anything metal? The neuron interface should allow you to use the collar's features just as if it were part of your body; In fact, your brain should consider it a part of your body as long as its attached. The down side to that, is that it will slowly begin to kill you if removed improperly."

Brackish was listening, to an extent; the collie hearing the jist of the fem's words, noting the safety hazard and the purpose, but for the most part, he found himself a bit distracted by 'other' thoughts about the female collie. The male was snapped out of his half trance as an unfamiliar weight was suddenly added to his flattened back. Giving off a deeply displeased 'erf', the collie found himself being rigorously strapped to one of the large contraptions, finally giving him a reason to voice a well needed opinion. "Ya' know something, lady? Most people are prepared to have a 30 pound Arc cross thrown on-top of them and then strapped down... way too damn tight!!" After being ignored for a full three seconds, the male began to settle down, assuming the female would explain her actions in due time, though he was becoming impatient with her silent haste.

"Aaand, done!" Kia exclaimed as she finished clicking the last buckle beneath the male, marking the full securing of the composite hardwood and metal crossbow-like weapon to the male dog.

Taking several steps back from the female, Brackish gave himself a few testing shakes, getting a feeling for having 30 extra pounds of high powered crossbow sitting on his back. He followed his body shake with a bit of a head shaking, getting his neck used to the snug collar around his neck, finally finding himself adjusted, standing firmly and looking ready for war, a fact that began to bother him. "So what exactly am I testing here anyway? The collar or what?.".

The female stood back to her full height, glancing over her 'work' before smiling, beckoning the male to follow her, oddly enough not getting any backlash for doing so; "The collar of course. I don't quite know how powerful it is, or whether it works well at all, so I got the authorities to let me borrow a test subject 'for the advancement of weaponry'. It's not like I would risk 'my' brain being fried by a haywire gadget, I wouldn't even touch one of those fancy little gloves, and yet your brother is practically melded to his!".

The male remained silent to the end of the female's rambling, following her into a large clearing within the dense forest, populated by only a few short shrubs and short grasses. He looked about, having been piecing together his own theory's about what he could do with this combination. The realization struck him suddenly as his ears perked, the collie finding himself suddenly overjoyed by the thoughts racing through his mind. Losing himself for a moment, he hopped onto his hind legs, yipping to the female and planting his forepaws on her stomach region; he immediately receiving a less than accepting snarl as she took enough steps back to show her disapproval and let him slump back to all fours, viscously giving him a piece of her mind, "Could we not get my dressings dirty you flea ridden mongrel?!", the fem' giving her complaint through bared teeth whilst pointing to the dirty streaked paw-prints left on her clothing.

Almost completely ignoring her, Brackish began to shift his barks of pure joy into those of something far more easily translated by the female "So wait, lemme' guess... I can use the bow, on my back, just by thinking about it? no need for the stupid, full-body vest? Just, a collar? Oh that's better en' matin' with you anyday!.". Kia nearly drove her palm through her forehead, throwing her head back and giving a soft howl in agony "Why me!!!?". Brackish ignored her mental anguish, wagging his tail and tuning out her words until she finally began to say something he actually cared about. "Now, 'mutt', and I use that term loosely, you're under 'my' command, and therefore you don't shoot anything, you don't think anything, hell, you don't even blink unless I tell you, got it!?".

The male rolled his eyes, turning to face the other edge of the clearing, falling into a lower, more pounce-ready stance, "Yea I get it, ya' really need to get somethin' stuck up in that hole o' yer's." With his words harshly digging into the fem's mind, Kia continued to restrain herself, quickly resorting to just going along with the original plan. Rubbing her temple and closing her eyes in shame and annoyance, the girl reached to her waist, untying the small leather strap and tossing it at the base of a tree, proceeding to pull her entire soiled dress over her head and toss it aside as well. Rolling her eyes, Kia stared to the male, who didn't seem the least bit surprised at her stripping; in fact, it was nothing special to anyone in their society.

Padding her way a bit farther into the open, the female took in a deep breath, looking over to Brackish, clearly peeved at his constant blabbering on top of his puppy-like actions, "Now, I'm going to stand over here... size-shift.. and hope you don't find a way to make me any dirtier while I work.". The weapon-clad collie simply snickered within his head, staring the naked female down as she soon began to focus, and as she stated, began to grow, not stopping herself until she was a clear 60ft in height and utterly dwarfing the three foot quadruped.

Suddenly feeling the need to actually listen to her, Brackish quickly turned back to face the other side of the clearing, assuming that the array of trees with red banners strung across them had something to do with what they were to be doing.

Feeling much more in control now, Kia gingerly flopped her bare rump on the grass covered ground, pointing over to the ribbon-labeled trees before speaking "You've heard of the recent time fluxes, I assume? Ya' know, crazy big tears in space that suck things in, and 'sometimes' spit them back out?". The male barked in confirmation, not giving the colossal collie even the slightest bit of unnecessary lip as she continued on with her briefing, "Well, I've been studying a few of the subjects who've made it back, and they explained a lot about the strange phenomena that have been occurring. Most notably, though, is that the way they described them led me to developing a way to track their energy signature, and on top of that, I think I may have found a way to actually regulate and maybe even completely take them out of existence. The bow on your back, its magnetic singularity was reversed on top of a few electrical changes made and linked to the sixth power setting."

Brackish had been quietly absorbing all of this 'amazing' information that he barely understood, simply thinking about how long the fem' planned on staying that big, knowing her metabolism at that size would probably kill her within the hour if she didn't eat something. Turning himself to once again face the ribbon-marked trees, the male lowered himself into a more readied position, lowering his head and arching up his shoulders, leaving the front of the bow facing straight to the middle of the marked area, the soldier dog beginning to focus a bit as he attempted to grasp the concept of the collar, finding the female's advice rather rewarding and manipulating the settings of the bow with little more than his own thoughts.

Soon, a curious thought passed through his head, having been ignoring the larger collie for some time now, a fact that was easily noticeable as he merely cut her off mid sentence "Hey, why couldn't you just try this yourself?.". Kia paused, partially offended from his rudeness, then astonished that he'd even thought about her motives, the female being a complete and utter failure in the process of lying, "I, I ummm. Well I didn't know if it would work, and I figured if something went wrong, I could use somebody there to, you know... help-- me?".
The fem's face was sincere, even sporting a half smile as she stared down to the tiny male.

"Lady, if I think I'm about to die, I'm so taking you down with me. And why exactly are you so damned big!?" the male barked out angrily, without ever breaking his fire-ready pose. Kia was beginning to feel woozy, her current size having thrown her metabolism into a frenzy, her body already eating away at itself and forcing the girl to speak through the nauseating experience, "I, I umm, just shoot the damned thing at the trees!" The exclamation smacked Brackish in the ears, rattling the very ground he stood on as it was barked from the massive canine beside him. The male found himself with no choice but to adhere, no matter how sick of a feeling he had in his gut.

With a low whimper, the four legged collie began to tighten the odd blue and glowing string of the bow, having it pulled back to full before giving it a full 5 seconds to work its magic. By the end of the 5 second period, the bolt was brimming with electricity, the fur on the back of the collie's neck standing up from the excessive static generated. Finally, Brackish let loose the projectile, the loud crack of the alien string nearly deafening the border collie, his paws digging backward into the soft forest floor from the recoil, along with his entire body quivering from the still twanging string.

Kia had preset the bow, the pull having been set to the minimum, allowing the bolt to stick into the tree trunks as opposed to blasting right through them. On impact, the bolt quickly discharged the astronomical amounts of electricity it carried, sending a wave of lightning straight up the impacted tree, slicing the over-sized plant clean in half with a loud crackling burst of thunder.

None of this was new to Brackish, and Kia already knew what these weapons were supposed to do, even if she had never been there in person to know how loud it was. "Well, we got the tree" was all the male could say as he sat back on his haunches with his tail wagging halfheartedly; though he was soon aroused as the female beckoned him over to her dirtied uniform, directing him to retrieve a small device. The male slowly drew it from the compartment between his fangs. The larger female remained at her size, beginning to feel light-headed as she fell onto her side, panting, though managing to speak "The top bar, how big is it?".

The male tilted his head, attempting to locate this single bar through the mess of scientific information displayed on the square shaped screen of the rectangle, taking several seconds to accomplish the feat before responding, "I dunno, its off the other side of the screen, and all these lights are flashing and other bad stuff. I dun' even know what the hell I'm -- that can't be good.".
Both Brackish and Kia's gazes had become fixated on the same point. Near the impact site of the bolt, was now forming one of the alleged anomalies, a literal tear in their plane of time and space. Looking somewhere along the lines of a purple vortex, the abomination was growing at an accelerated rate; the entire forest coming alive as both tree and fur were drawn towards the lopsided tornado of an object. Looking up to the larger canine, Brackish dug his claws into the dirt; the collie far too light to stand his ground long against the unfathomable force that drew him toward it. In only a matter of seconds, the tear had grown to a full 100ft across, ripping trees straight from their roots and battering the weakened female with a flurry of heavy wooden objects, finally spelling the naked bitch's fate as her hands were wrenched free from the dirt she had dug them into. The torrent of rushing air around the tear had left both canine's unable to speak, and barely able to breath.

Both were forced to fight for their lives, the male being the least lucky, only able to grab the small metal device in his maw as he saw the tear open and found himself easily wrenched from the open ground he tried to dig in to, hurtling through the air at break neck speeds; the male's entire body threatening to rip apart, though he maintained his grip on the object in his maw, the simple fact of having something to bite down on giving him all the pain reliever he required.

Kia's eyes had widened far beyond their usual surprised state. A look of shear terror strewn about her face until it was smacked clean off by a heavy tree, forcing her into a closed eyed state and knocking her out cold. The lack of consciousness almost instantly spelled the over-sized canine's plummet into the bowels of the broken time stream.

---------------------------------------

Questions, critiques, comments... suggestions... Flames?
Last edited by foxelite on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeaaa.. Collie too lazy to update his name.. so yea.. BRACKISH LIVES.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/xbrackishx/
foxelite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby gadabout » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:04 am

Rather interesting, interesting indeed. I'll have you know your proofreading went pretty well and I didnt find any errors.

Cant wait to see what happens next, good job laddie :)
RIP Baggy52.

Mutual Benefit - In Progress... 21/40 -> 52%
Cause for alarm - In Progress... 5/10->50% >|+|< No Cause for alarm - COMPLETE
gadabout
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby foxelite » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:55 am

Why thank you =\ YOU!... But hmm, decided to post the 2nd chapter.. which focuses completely on Brackish' predicament... Kia being so good she had to have her own chapter.

Pt.2
------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------

Mumbles, that's all that was understandable. Slowly, Brackish began to awaken, a thick fog clouding over both his vision and mind. Barely capable of lifting his throbbing head, the collie maintained an eerie silence as his body slowly began to piece itself together once more; memories of the past all seemed to run together. After several blinks and a well deserved yawn, the Border collie finally broke free of the foggy hex placed on him, better known as sleep. With his vision cleared, the coy dog began to take in his surroundings, quirking his head almost instantly as he gradually rose to all four paws, eyes focused on one important detail.

Still locked in his quadrupedal state, the Collie let out a soft and almost cute 'erf', at least to anyone not well versed in the canine language. "So, I get sucked into an inter-dimensional portal, and end up in, what? a prison?.". Shaking himself off, Brackish began to pace about the 3ft by 3ft cell, though his pacing was more of a circle in the tiny confines. The dog continued to mull over the situation out loud in a series of barely audible noises, "Ohkay, last I remember, I'm surrounded by light, then it all goes dark, like, night-time dark, and I was falling, then everything went... away... and now I'm here.". Thrown from his rambling of past events, the collie suddenly found himself staring at something two-legged; affirmed as a human once he tilted his head back enough.
---
Nina had been at this gig for over seven years now, and she knew enough to make sure every new arrival was at least given a chance to show they were friendly. Crouching down in front of the battered, dirty collie, the twenty-five year old Latina female let an almost too friendly smile creep from between her lips, preluding her own nervous introduction, "Hey there lil' guy; glad to see you even awake; they said you'd probably die over night.". Still smiling, the young female checked both ways for intruders, before sitting on the cold concrete floor in front the Border collie, cautiously holding out her hand in front of the bars. Had she known the canine's origin, she may have expected him to act differently, but like any other unaggressive mutt, the battered dog surveyed the outstretched hand, sniffed her palm, and gave a gentle lick to the underside of her fingers.

Sensing a blatant lack of any aggression, the woman pushed her bounds a bit further, tilting her hand and stroking gingerly along the top of the canine's muzzle; receiving a satisfied tail wag and a friendly nuzzle to her wrist; his eyes locked with her's. Knowing she had already over-stepped her bounds, the female quickly broke contact with the battered dog and rose to her feet, bending down one last time to gently wave goodbye to her new 'friend'.

Locked in confusion, Brackish let off a soft whimper as he lost the only good thing that had happened to him in the past five minutes he'd been awake. "Well, easy come, easy go.". With a pained -erf-, the collie curled himself up on the concrete floor, quickly finding that standing may have been the better option, though he couldn't convince himself to break the lazy state. Letting his blue eyes roam, the collie caught sight of another canine in a similar cell straight across from him. Not bothering to break his uncomfortable curled-up position, the collie began to bark lowly in the other dog's direction, attempting to grab its attention, considering he or she was currently turned away and making a meal out of something; "Hey, err, dog across from me? Whatcha' eatin'?" was the best sentence the dimensionally confused collie could muster in an attempt to keep from being too rude.

The other dog paused, its ears perking, though it seemed to take a full three seconds to truly respond, "I don't know what is, but I eating it." Puzzled at the broken language, the collie dropped one of his ears, quirking an eye before inquiring further; "You don't know what it is? But you're eating it?" Letting off a low growl, the other canine continued to refuse turning around, instead letting off its broken wording in an agitated series of snarls, "I say that, Why you repeating what I say?"

Brackish couldn't help but wish he had the room to flip into his bipedal state, if only to give him the ability to laugh at the terrible linguistics, though the Collie successfully maintained a calm composure, not wanting to make any enemies just yet, "I dunno' I just figured that eating random shit isn't the smartest thing I've ever heard." Finally, after having his short fuse blown, the German sheppard darted to the front of his cage, revealing both his breed and a set of fangs even the war veteran of a Collie could respect.

Passed off as no more than another random barking fit by the human 'caretakers', the sheppard began to shove a piece of his mind down Brackish's throat in a vicious flurry of saliva flinging barks "Stop talking or I break this bars and shove it down your throat! I not dumb one, you are --"; the enraged canine paused, falling in to no more than a snarl, the collie taking quick advantage to help the Earth-bound canine finish his sentence, "I am, the stupid one? That what you trying to say, runt?"

Feeling ultimately mocked, the sheppard's attitude was only enraged as he continued his irrational yapping, "New dog is stupid; asks stupid questions!" Having not budged an inch, Brackish merely rolled his eyes at the upset sheppard, waiting for a pause in the irate barking spree, having to wait upwards to a full minute before finding an opportunity to speak, "Ya' done yet, Sparky?"

Falling in to a low, ominous growl, the German sheppard slowly raised his previously pinned back ears, still 'speaking' in a less than amused manner, "Not Sparky! Why you so calm?!". Brackish had already begun to resent this place, not even bothering to keep eye contact with the less-than-brilliant canine across from him, and instead lowly barking his answers, "Well, Sparky; last I checked, there's a good bit of metal bar separating me and you, and your excessive yapping really doesn't get us anywhere. Oh, and if you're not Sparky, what the hell is your name?".

Like magic, the Collie's reasons slowly began to work on the Shepard, though it did take a few seconds to do so. Falling from his aggressive pose, the Sheppard idly began to gnaw at the shiny steel bars keeping him trapped, finding it useless and finally flopping on to his rear in defeat. Snorting, the Earth-born canine began to bark back to the calmer mutt, though his tone still remained slightly aggravated, "They call, Marcus.". Continuing the slouch, the Collie decided to keep his manners, speaking softly as to try and convince the other dog to relax even more, "Well, Marcus, they call me Brackish.".

Calmly dropping on to his belly, Marcus lay outstretched, staring at the new comer, letting curiosity replace anger as he 'spoke'; "Brackish?", lowly growling the name over and over to himself, the sheppard finally began to inquire, "Brackish is... stray?". Taking a moment to comprehend, the Border collie licked over one of his fangs before forming his answer, "What do you mean, stray?". Wagging his tail briefly at the notion of knowing he knew something the Collie didn't, Marcus replied in an almost joyous fashion, "Stray is all other dogs in pound. I-- not? I was police dog. Chased, bad humans.".
Working through the broken language was slowly becoming an easier task, the 'Alien' collie replying almost as if in a normal conversation now, "A police dog, eh? So you helped the 'good humans'?" Seeming to have needed little more than a reboot, the German sheppard began to 'speak' more fluently, "Yes!" he paused, then slowly pinned his ears back, growling lowly as he continued, "But good humans turned on Marcus."

Brackish had risen from his prone position now, both from uncomfortable hardness, and because he was thoroughly interested in this story now; the collie poked his nose out of the narrowly spaced bars, barking to the reminiscent sheppard, "Wait, why'd they turn against you?". Padding to the back of his cell, then back to the front, Marcus continued to delve into those memories he kept bottled up, and had never been asked about in a language he understood; "They say I was too old, so they, did, not, accept me anymore. They sent me to be adopted, but they say I was too aggressive, so they say I should be put down... Put down is bad.".

Twitching at the thought, Brackish sat back on his haunches to quickly scratch his side, letting the sheppard's story sink in to his head before responding, "I can understand the old part, but killing you just because you're not a people person? That's a little, wrong.". The collie paused, his tail slowly flicking back and forth as an idea crossed his mind before letting it spill indirectly to the shepard,"Hey, Marcus, you ever try to get out?". Tilting his head in confusion the shepard could do no more than question the, apparently, smarter dog "Get out? Like out of pound?". Yipping in acknowledgment, the collie continued, "Yea, this... pound, thing. You ever tried to break out?" Not fully in tune with slang mixed in to canine speech, the Shepard craned his head back in the opposite direction before piecing together slowly and replying, "N-no Can't break bars, only us out in enclosed space outside."

Brackish snickered on the inside, wondering just what kind of enclosed space he was talking about, the collie pacing back and forth in the small space as he 'spoke', seeming to grow far more interested while doing so, "So your saying there is a time, when we get to see daylight? What kind of enclosure is this? We talkin' more bars, or contact fields or what?". Marcus's mind didn't even begin to comprehend the term 'contact field'; the dog simply bypassed it for now, eager to answer the collie's question, "F- Fence, metal fence." The Border Collie nodded, quickly continuing to think and question simultaneously, "So how tall we talking?". The shepard erfed, "How tall what?".

Counting backward from ten in the back of his head, the Collie barked back slightly irritated "The fence! How tall is the fence!? Like, umm, can you jump it?" Not fully sure why he was getting excited, the shepard began to stamp his paws about in an enigmatic bout of anxiety; "I, I can get my paws up to it if I stand on my back legs.. I never tried to jump it though." With those words locked inside of his mind, Brackish settled back in to his previous lazy position, curling up in the cell, keeping his eyes open for the moment as his tone suggested he had thrown together a plan with just that bit of information."Well then, if you haven't tried before..I'm definitely going to DO it. Sounds like only five or so feet; last jump I made in training... was ten in feral." Trailing his barks off near the end of his 'sentence', the 'alien' dog let his broken body rest again, slowly drooping his ears and eyes, having tired himself out with those few actions alone.

Marcus began to fall silent as he saw the Collie fade off in to sleep, the German Shepard quickly remembering his unfinished bowl of-- well he didn't even know what to call the random pellets of brown, but he did know he was still hungry, and its not like he would be getting anything better if he let it sit there. With that in mind, the Earth-bred padded his way back into the recesses of his cell, continuing the meal the Collie had so rudely interrupted, and all the while pondering just what 'the smart one' had planned.

------------------------------------

foxelite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby gadabout » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:11 am

Better and better :J

I wonder if he is going to bust everyone out? oh well, thats after that other womans story, yes?

keep it up laddie, keep it up :D
RIP Baggy52.

gadabout
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby foxelite » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:06 am

Well... Personally, Kia was always easier to write for... if only because of the people she ended up around =p ... had a reference for them in real life all the time.

Pt-3
-------------------------------

"Bet it's that damned bull again!" was all Carl had to say to the obnoxious ruckus happening outside of his modest ranch-home. Under cover of darkness, the well built ranch owner dawned his stereotypical cowboy hat that he wore, just to show off and talk down to people that could probably kick his pale behind up and down the street. Infuriated at having to leave his cozy bed, the wannabe cowboy snatched up his dirty pair of jeans lying beside his bed and tossed on his flannel jacket; finishing off his 'outfit' with a raggedy pair of tan boots.

Heading for the door, the ranch owner picked up what any man heading out at night needed; a loaded 12-gauge shotgun. Slamming the self-constructed oak door behind himself, the rancher burst in to the warm, clear and mildly breezy night. With only a minute bit of haste in his steps, the single male furiously made his way towards the cattle pen, whilst keeping the shotgun held to his side and facing the ground. Quirking an eye as the cacophony of moos and other various bovine sounds began to grow louder, Carl only became further agitated spitting to the ground beside him as he actually began to yell at himself, thankful for the solitude the ranch provided, "Damn, horny critter! Ima' shoot his ass TONIGHT!". Reinvigorated with the onset of a new goal, the Rancher grasped the barrel of his gun as he busted in to a full tilt sprint, rounding the large barn and coming to a sudden halt in front of the pen. He rapidly discovered the source of his upset livestock, as well as his own dripping wet pants and motionless face, which seemed locked in a state of shock and awe.

Hunched down on hands an knees, the massive 'thing' sat. Looking like some sort of alien monster gone wrong; the nightmarish creature was currently grazing on Carl's bovine population. Attempting to piece together the unlit silhouette, the rancher raised his gun in preparation to fire; though he found himself more than just confused, he was utterly terrified. Having not made the slightest of noises himself, Carl aloud instinct to reign supreme; gradually side stepping his way back behind the adjacent barn and slinking in through the unlocked side door muttering a barely audible, "Ffff-uck!.".

Grasping tightly to the barrel of his firearm, the Caucasian male sifted his way in the almost pitch black barn; reaching a small hole in the wall behind him; just big enough to see out in to the cattle pen. He had used this particular hole multiple times; it was how he worked in the storage barn and made sure his ranch hands were doing their job all at the same time. Unfortunately, the usual peace and prosperity of men feeding cows was the last thing on Carl's mind as he stared out of his safe hole.

Taking care of hundreds of cows, sheep and goats all day, meant that Carl wasn't generally bothered by filth, yet even in the shadow of night the sight and sounds of his entire herd being devoured alive by some otherworldly beast was twisting his stomach in to a knot and threatened to upchuck that meatloaf he had eaten only a few hours earlier. The rancher finally gave in to the growing need of his guts, spilling them out on to the oil and grease ridden dirt of the barn floor. Every waking moment of his life seemed to grow more and more intolerable as his vomiting continued; the rancher tossing his gun aside only to fall on his hands and knees, spurting as every last bit of his dinner found its way back out of his body.

Thankful for the lack of a witness to his breakdown, Carl rolled himself on to his back, frowning at the overwhelming aroma of his own vomit, whilst rubbing through his neck at his aching throat. Barely able to keep his coughing quiet, the male rose to his feet after an ample break, also denoting the wet snaps and pops finally ceasing; the rancher let off a well deserved sigh of relief. Running a sleeved forearm over his dampened lips, Carl built up enough courage to peek back outside.

Ignoring the bits of leftover cattle and scattered entrails, the rancher saw nor' heard anything out of the ordinary, having worked up the nerve to at least whisper to himself again, "Damn thing killed em' all." Feeling for and snatching up his shotgun, the Rancher cautiously proceeded to creek the door open, poking only his head out first as he affirmed it was clear in both directions. Stepping back in to the moon-lit night, Carl raised his gun in preparation to fire, stalking back around to the cattle pen and looking as if he was a spec-ops veteran.

Gradually making his way up to the pen of once-were cattle, the Rancher found himself puzzled, " 'mazin it could sneak away like that. Guess it got what it came for.". Feeling the need to return home and deal with the issue in the morning, the male had barely finished pulling a 180 before he was 'assaulted' by an ear-shattering, powerful, and oddly wet, gust of wind sending him tumbling backwards in to the electrified cattle pen's fence. Twitching at the violent shock, but thankfully only being granted that shock, Carl watched his world spiral about in a dizzy, wet and sticky vortex, until finally regaining focus; stumbling about and shaking his head, he muttered out loud, "Fuckin' ? Tha' hell was that?!" Having falsely assured himself that he was alone on this ranch, shock didn't begin to describe the Carl's reaction as he was actually answered with a surprisingly loud whisper, in a British accent nonetheless, "Eh, sorry, dust in my nose.".

Running the back of her forearm across her nose, Kia received an unappealing streak of wet, salty, matted down fur. Erfing at the less-than-cute line of mucous, the Border collie shook her head gently before turning back to the rank Rancher. Amidst the barely moonlit darkness, the canine's vision dominated that of the human's; she was literally able to make out every detail in a crisp black and white image, opposed to the smaller being's muddily constructed color vision that made out nothing but a silhouette and slightly shimmering pair of amber eyes.

Locking eyes with the 'tiny' creature, the female dog found herself at a loss of knowledge. She had made out that this being was indeed human, and that he was a male. The problem was, Kia was, largely, laboratory-oriented. Back on Antaria(which would be their home-world) she more-or-less denounced the outside world; even when humans arrived on their planet. She knew very little of their customs and as such, the Border collie merely played by ear, offering an unoffensive, casual greeting for her own kind that signified a lack of hostility.

Leaning on her hands and knees, the female closed the distance between her nose and the small creature, gently planting her cold wet nostrils on his chest and nuzzling, only to feel the human knocked right back on to his rear by the simple motion. She had figured it may happen, but she also figured that he would expect it. Going off of her assumptions, the collie finished her greeting with a slow, drenching lick that left the Rancher reeling in a silent terror. Well, it was silent until the collie caught tastes of the shamefully-good salty tasting goo coating the disoriented primate, leaving her smacking her lips a bit absentmindedly.

Carl had finally taken to screaming like a little girl; the Rancher was pinned to the soft earth beneath the same maw that claimed the lives of his entire cattle stock. Unable to grip his weapon properly, the Rancher violently began to strike the enormous creature on her nose, refusing to become something else's dinner... especially not after he lost his own. As the colossal creature backed away from him, the male continued to flail both arms and legs, determined to survive. Still screaming at the top of his lungs, the Rancher managed to speak as the Collie seemed to take a liking to his taste; "Ah' shit! It's gon' eat me!"

Broken from her brief moment of actually contemplating another lick, Kia reeled back at the grotesque accusation, retorting in a thoroughly offended manner; she even went so far as to point accusingly right back at the horrified Rancher as she spoke,"Eat YOU?! Now where in the bloody hell would you get an idea like THAT!?". Snorting to the smaller being, Kia stood to her full height, placing her hands on her hips and jutting her waist off to the side; the Collie stared to the male with little to no care in her gaze. Dumbfounded at the female's true height, Carl eagerly used his unpinned position to once again grip his double-barreled 12 gauge hand-me-down.

Now, it didn't seem to occur to Carl that this giant 'monster' was asking him a question. The female had begun to impatiently tap her elongated foot, as she continued to stare him down, finally receiving her answer in the form buckshot; THAT was an answer that caught her completely off-guard. With a yelp that echoed throughout the crisp night air, Kia stumbled back as she was struck square in the face by the discharged pellets, stamping several two foot deep impressions into the malleable dirt and ending up a full 20 feet back from where she once stood. Feeling the balance of fate tip in the other direction, the Rancher quickly scurried to his feet; nearly falling right back down as he blatantly ignored the female's growing irritation. Instead, he took her yelling as a queue that he may as well kill her; the male letting his inner Rambo shine as he yelled in to the night "Yea bitch! How 'bout anotha' one!? Ya' like that !? Ya' Like that!?"

Kia had had about enough. Considering the shots weren't causing any actual damage to her oversized collection of fur and hide, the female had clearly lost sight of the technological level of her new location. Locked with her hands outstretched defensively and one leg hoisted slightly in to the air, the Collie didn't dare open her eyes until every last shot was fired. Starting with but one eye creeping open, followed by the next in gradual succession, the female gave several reassuring blinks before quietly whispering down to her assailant, half expecting another onslaught "Are you quite done yet?".

His jaw slack with disbelief, Carl simply dropped his firearm; tilting his head slowly to the side as he continued to ogle the unharmed alien. Finally recognizing the futility of his weapons, the Rancher quickly broke from his awe-inspired stance and instead broke for the side door leading back in to the barn. His hopes were quickly dashed as the monstrosity of a dog swiftly reacted; jamming her once raised paw down in front of the door, having most of its impact absorbed by the tilled earth. While her digitigrade paw wasn't exactly too big to just hurtle, the male's mind did seem to work through the fact that this behemoth could easily catch him no matter how fast he thought he was. Craning his head back up to face the intruder, the male began to quiver with a fear he hadn't felt since, well, about five minutes ago.

Sighing in her own cloud of disbelief, the female rubbed her temples in aggravation, the Collie's gaze fixated on the only THING she had figured to be sentient in the area. Speaking through clenched teeth, the Collie struggled to maintain her agitation from getting the better of her, "I- Do not- want- to hurt you-- OH KAY?". Finally receiving an actual response, albeit nothing but a slow and fearful head-nod, Kia continued, striking a hint of submissive fear in to the lesser being, "But if you continue to act like this; I'll-- I'll tear you to shreds and eat the remains!"

Kia was honestly terrible at being persuasive and invoking fear, but being twelve times Carl's size really seemed to help in that aspect. After another silent nod, and a significant amount of silence, the Rancher spoke up to the female, finding the perfect volume on his first try(a fact that amazed even the scientists) "I- I getcha'. No more funny business, yew' got mah' word!"

With the newly formed mutual 'cease-fire', the Collie gently lowered her rear to the disturbed earth. The change in stance did help to quell just a bit of the tension, considering she appeared much smaller now. Running his gaze over the massive creature, the Rancher continued to quiver slightly; a fact that the canine was well aware of even in the dark, even if she didn't need visual confirmation.

Finding herself destined to break the ice, Kia toned her voice in to a far less threatening status as she inquired, "Soo-- I apparently scared the living daylights out of you?". Carl brought a clenched fist to his mouth, clearing his throat mockingly as he quickly switched to unnecessarily tugging his pants up. The wannabe cowboy shyly smiled back to the larger creature, finding himself in a rapidly escalating macho mood that served no more than to keep his pride, "W- Well, ye' freaked me out a little; Not every day ya' wake up in the middle of the night and find yer' cattle being chowed down on by a... well er'... what are ya'?"

Finding her lack of social skills beginning to show, Kia began to stutter; knowing the answer to the question, yet wondering just how to phrase it for a foreigner to understand, "I- I um, I am an An.. t- tarian?" She struggled in her pronunciation, finding it harder than before to find the appropriate words in human-speak, "Antarian... That is what --- I am." The Rancher quirked a brow, noting the female's sudden issues, but far too fearful of actually inquiring as he spoke, "So er', I take it yer' some kinda' alien or somethin'?". The Collie nodded gently; wrapping her arms about her knees and bringing them in slowly to her chest; her voice fell to a gentle, and almost submissive tone, "Y-yes, alien; like you are to me.". The Rancher nodded slowly, still glued to his position lest he become alien-chow; he continued, "So uh, what brings ya' here?". Unable to find her usual, logic-based answer, the female allowed herself to whimper briefly before responding, "I, I didn't mean to; I- I just kinda' .. lost sight, I'm.. erf, I don't belong here.".

Carl tipped his non-existent hat, not quite understanding all of her gibberish, but comprehending the last part of her audible thought, and offering his condolences, "Well er' An.. tarian? is it? If ya' don't belong here, why can't ya' leave?". Beginning to wallow too much in self pity, Kia didn't recognize the offensiveness of the question, instead remaining low and almost hopeless sounding in her tone, "P- please, my name is Kia; and I don't know how to get back home.". The male once again tugged on his perfectly-snug pair of denim jeans, beginning to loosen up around the sulking female as he spoke, "Names Carl, pleasure ta' meet ya' miss Kia; now if you'll just calm down a bit. Crying ain't gonna' solve a thing--.".

The Rancher was given a swift and less-than expected response from the alien collie. As Carl let down his guard and boldly approached the seemingly harmless female, he soon regretted his actions as a hand quickly sprang for him, grasping his body tightly about his lower torso and waist, before yanking him up to the barely visible face of the massive creature; his ears were suddenly assaulted with a painful flurry of words formed from an agitated female, "Don't tell me what solves problems, you ingrate!". The Collie's breathing escalated, her eyes narrowing to near slits; all because of such a simple statement. The Rancher's only saving grace, was the fact that his bladder was already empty.

Aside from the dizziness of jumping from ground to over 20ft in the air in less than a second, and the minor case of whiplash and deafening, Carl found himself largely unharmed; the male even managed to respond to the irate female, "Alright, alriiight! Jesus, Christ!" He quickly attempted to change subjects; the Rancher feeling the dank hot air blasting from the collie's half-open maw, "Your problems, you fix em'..."

Kia's sporadic anger streak began to subside; her shoulders no longer raising and lowering frantically with her short breaths. Sucking her teeth and lowering her head, she gently replaced the male on to the dirt, finding herself muttering a soft "Sorry" as her hand receded.

Shaking himself off as he was once again on solid ground, Carl casually made his way to the side of the barn, posting one foot flat up against it as he leaned back in to it, continuing to stare at the creature before him. "Well, guess I should thank ya' for not doin' to me, what ya' did to ma' cattle." Carl stated just to break the awkward silence that was building. With a halfhearted giggle, the female replied,"Yea, about that... I'm sorry if you needed those; I sort of lost control of myself." Attempting to keep the mood as mild as possible, the Rancher continued to make with the small talk," Ah, its alright, it happens to the best of us.". The Collie shook her head quickly from side to side as her voice began to escalate yet again; though this time, it seemed more desperate than irritated, "No, you don't understand. I'm not supposed to be this big! Not for this long, I have to change back, or else I... or a lot of other things are gonna' die." Gradually placing two and two together, Carl scratched the back of his still slightly spinning head, reluctantly offering a short answer to the predicament, "So uuh, why not change back?"

Sucking a single fang, the Collie succeeded in keeping herself from another eruption, responding to the simple question with a simple answer, "Because, I don't know how.". The Rancher was two-parts dumbfounded and one part pity for the monstrous alien, struggling to find anything deemed unoffensive to say,"Err, well... Ya' sound like you knew what you were doin' to get that big.". The Collie's nod went unnoticed in the unlit shadow of night, though her depressed tone flowed freely about the area, "I, I did... and I KNEW how to change back. It's so simple, I remember, but I- I don't know why I can't begin to recall how to revert. I just remember a tree for some reason." She paused and blinked before continuing, "And... someone else.".

Carl finally found his interests peaked at her last statement, causing him to respond almost immediately, "Someone else, you said?" Kia nodded, letting off a soft whimper before clarifying, "An acquaintance of mine. He was tossed through the rift before I was; I'm not sure exactly where it tossed him though... for all I know, he could be dead.". Trailing off on that last word, the Collie stared vaguely in to the cloudy night sky; the scarce light dancing about in her pupils.

Carl wasn't exactly a counselor, especially considering most of his interactions throughout the workday involved species that he couldn't understand. Scratching his shadow of a beard, the Rancher simply called upon what little past experience he had in situations like these. Attempting to sound reassuring whilst avoiding another dizzying adventure in to the alien's face, the male confidently replied to the intruder upon his turf, "Well just hope for the best I guess; no need giving up before ya' start, now is there?". For the first time, Kia took the Rancher's words to heart, the female collie allowing a scant smile to cross her muzzle, "Thanks, Carl." Figuring he may as well keep her satisfied, 'lest she flip out again, the Rancher offered the alien a bit of his own hospitality, even if it was out of fear, "Well, Kia, if there's anethin' I can help ya' with, just ask.". The Collie grinned sheepishly, drooping an ear and peering off to her side in embarrassment at what she was about to ask, "Well, sir, how badly to you need the rest of your animals?"

foxelite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby gadabout » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:25 am

Good show laddie!

You pulled off that meeting flawlessly, do continue and write more :D
RIP Baggy52.

gadabout
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby foxelite » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:36 am

I feel as though you're stalking me in many a places at once.. but thank you anyway =p..

Well then, even if ferals are damn near non-existent on this board, I shall give them a home!..

Pt-4 ... 'cuz.... SOMEBODY prodded me to do so
-----------------------------------------------------

Brackish pawed at the awkward assortment of brown pellets, wondering just how it had got their in the first place, "Well, they do say I'm a heavy sleeper". Daring to place his nose less than an inch from the barely adequate amount of food, the Collie inhaled in quick bursts, acquiring the scent of what these people fed their 'prisoners'. Snorting, the coy-dog flipped his attention back over to the cell across from him, instantly remembering his talk with the German Shepard from before, of whom was staring right back at him already.

Quirking his head at the food, then back to the Shepard, the Collie found himself utterly disgusted at the thought of eating the slop,"Well, Marcus, anything new happen while I was out? Y'know, aside from a human shitting in a tray and handing it to me?". Marcus tilted his head in confusion at the usage of sarcasm, staring blankly to the otherworldly Collie.

Having forgotten the comprehension gap, the coy-dog wagged his tail, rolling his eyes playfully, deciding to change subjects, "Forget it; What do we do now? Just sorta'-- sit here for the rest of our lives?". Marcus' reply was much more swift than the previous encounter's, leading the Collie to wonder if the Sheppard had been practicing in his absence,"They make us go outside for awhile."

Brackish's ears perked as he became fully aware of his plan he had concocted before he fell out,"Oh! You did mention that. How many they take out at a time?". The Sheppard began to pace in the narrow space as he continued to show signs of audible improvement already, "T- Three, each of them takes one. Say so we don't gang up on them.". Brackish smirked in the back of his mind, "I like that last part, but I see where you're going. So how do they pick what three dogs go?"

Flopping back on his haunches, the Shepard continued to pour out his accumulated knowledge, "Me and you are newest, so us and dog by you." Marcus nosed in the direction of the dog beside the Collie, granted the alien-dog was lacking X-ray vision to see through the solid wall. Nodding in approval, Brackish pushed his nose through the steel bars that bound him to the cell, "Hey Marcus, you say you can just about jump the fence?"; receiving an affirming bark from the Shepard, the Collie continued, "Well, I have a plan, and it involves breaking you out of here.". Placing in the Coy-dog in a state of shock, Marcus quickly perked at the statement, seeming far beyond overjoyed as he bounced about in his enclosure, haphazardly tipping over his empty food tray, even though that didn't even begin to stop him, "So what's plan!?"

Snickering at the still broken, yet excited, speech, Brackish began to rattle off his simple, yet well thought out, scheme. "Alright, you worked around organized people before, so I assume you can follow a plan. Well, I can get us both outta' here. It's simple as this; assuming we're aloud to run free--"; the Shepard barked, cutting the Collie off with a simple "We are.". Not seeming bothered by the interruption, the Border collie continued, "Good, means this'll be easy then; all you gotta do, is let me set up by the fence, and you just get a running start and jump off of me; should get you over the fence, easy.". Marcus paused for a moment, mulling over just what the Collie had said, taking a few seconds to actually process what this 'jumping off' meant, finally placing two and two together, "So I get over the fence, but what about you?"

Brackish had very rarely gotten to boast about anything. He was average at just about everything he could imagine. Today on the other hand, was his time to brag about something finally, "Sheppy, I ain't like you domesticated mutts from around here; I'm a bonified soldier of a dog, and hopping a 6ft fence ain't exactly an unachievable feat.". Tossing his nose in to the air snobbishly, the Collie relished in his single moment of greatness for a good while, only broken as the Shepard snarled loudly.

Snapping back to reality, Brackish nodded his head, receiving an affirming nod and bark in return, "Alright, now all we gotta do, Sheppy, is wait it out.".
Had the Collie known that waiting it out would mean waiting for 6 hours, he may have just killed himself then and there. However, the lack of an actual time tracker meant he was able to cope with the ludicrous wait, not to mention, Marcus had been there to slowly fill him in on just where he was, and enough info to give the alien a decent picture of this 'new' civilization.

Over those 6-hours, Brackish found himself more than just glad to have been placed across from the Police dog; the shepard's view on the world having been far beyond that of any of the mere abandoned pets that littered the pound. Not quite knowing any affirmed location, the best the Collie was given was somewhere on this thing called 'the border', and he was on the Mexican side of it, whatever that meant. The Sheppard also showed a keen sign of having actually payed attention to the metal objects that humans used, giving the Collie far more intel than Marcus could have ever comprehended. With the simple amounts of information given, Brackish was easily able to determine the time period of this, well... dimension, he assumed. #Ballistics?# he thought to himself, #Loud? Last I checked, the louder ballistics in human tech were over a thousand years old-- Gees, this place is ancient#.

Finally, the door at the end of the hall was gently pressed open, creaking as it made it past a 90 degree angle; in stepped Nina, the girl from before, followed by two souls that the Border collie had never seen before, whether he had come in to contact with them or not, he didn't seem to care.

A tall, blonde haired, Caucasian male stood directly behind the female vet assistant, his arm not even bothering to hold the door open for her as he scolded, "What have we told you about making nice with the animals, Nina?". It was clear he was holding back from actually raising his voice at the pretty little thing, even as she replied in an attempt to save her job, "Well, I just came in to see if he was doing okay, and make sure he wasn't gonna' bite anyone!". Sporting a light Latino accent, clearly versed in English though, the girl pleaded her case, slowly making her way over to the Border Collie's cage, continuing to have her superior ram her for simply being nice.

As the male bent down in front of the German Sheppard's cage, his rant continued, though he maintained a calm voice, lest the dog think he was yelling at him, "It's understandable to see if they're OK, but you're not supposed to be back here by yourself without permission; we know nothing about that dumb mutt, other than he was found at the front of an alleyway, knocked out cold and bleeding like hell; he could have brain injuries. Hell, if I had my way, he'd already be dead!" Trying to ignore that comment, Nina gently motioned the Collie to get his nose from between the bars, slowly sliding the vertical pin holding them locked and freeing the alien-canine.

"See?" The female giggled as she slid the unmarked blue collar over the Border Collie's neck, gaining no more than an affectionate lick to her cheek as it neared his muzzle, "Told you he was harmless". Unamused by the inexperienced female's trusting attitude, the male simply shook his head whilst he fastened Marcus in to another unassuming collar, "Don't complain when he tears out your jugular; all I'm gonna' say is I told ya' so". Narrowing her eyes at the lewd comment, Nina hastily finished adjusting the collar on Brackish, looking him square in the eyes and smiling, "Aww, he's such an asshole, ain't he?? Your not gonna' hurt no-one, lil' guy, are ya'?". Nina quickly blinked as her eyes widened, swearing out that the Border collie actually shook his head in a "no" fashion. He had closed his eyes and emphasized it, giving the Latino something to think about for the next 30 seconds, "Well, I swear this dog just answered me, Martin.". Completely ignoring the male tending to Marcus, the girl was instead referring to the other, red-headed, male beside her; he was tending to the third dog they would be letting out, a small Dachshund.

Martin was the nicer of the two males she was forced to call her superiors, and as such, she preferred talking to him anyway. As he finished leashing up the Dachshund hound, the male peered over curiously to the female, quirking a brow at her, knowing she could be slightly ditzy at times,"Nina? Have you been drinking before work again?". He snickered, being sure to use a humorous tone unlike the blonde-haired menace that they both referred to as the "Pound Nazi". Receiving a forced snort and giggle back at him, the redhead simply rolled his eyes, standing and motioning the Dachshund out of the way before shutting its cage back with a sneaker. The others quickly followed his lead, even if he technically wasn't the one in charge.

Pushing open the heavy metal door, Martin jammed his foot down to act as a door stop, keeping the Dachshund on a tight leash(literally) and allowing Nina and the Pound Nazi, who's name had actually been forgotten, to pass by in to the fenced in area outside.
---
It seemed like forever before the leashes were unhooked from the collars, finally letting the canine's run free. The Dachshund quickly darted over to the Collie, yapping in his ear like a crazed mutt, "I'm coming if you escaping!". Tilting his head at the sudden outburst, Brackish drooped his ears, growling lowly at the unnecessary volume, "Ya' know, my plan doesn't involve you... get out on your own time, tiny". Marcus simply played the fools game, running about in a circle and chasing his tail; the ex-police dog attempting to keep the human's attention, and doing a fairly good job of it.

The Dachshund refused to take no for an answer, continuing his rant in to the Collie's ear, the ire of the larger dog growing exponentially, "You and Shepard going, so I go to!". Brackish nearly forgot that Marcus' speech was about this slurred before, but at least he didn't have an annoyingly high pitched voice. The slender little mutt continued, bouncing slightly as he yapped, gaining the attention of all three humans who had been previously focused on the 'deranged' German Shepard, "If you no free me, neither one gets out!". The pathetic excuse for a dog found himself so bold as to growl at the foreign Collie, even if the larger dog was well over twice his size.

Finding the fang baring of the puny mutt to be humorous at best, Brackish spared him a quick glance before padding over toward Marcus, already knowing the smaller dog would follow, "Alright, here's the deal, the only way you're gonna' convince me to let you out, is if you can fight; if ya' can't, then I have no use for you.".

Marcus nearly fell over in laughter at the challenge, only wishing he could actually laugh; the German Sheppard settled for a tail-wag instead as he barked happily at the two, "This oughta' be good!" Considering the pen was 20ft long and 15ft wide, the dogs had more than enough room to settle a score.

The Dachshund was currently blinded by instinct and rage; he accepted the Collie's challenge, readily taking a low stance and baring his pathetic fangs. Brackish, on the other hand, simply stood firmly on all four legs, already having planned out how to abuse the doomed Dachshund, "Marcus, go over there by the door and get ready to jump out of this place." The Collie didn't even bother to turn his attention from the already-dead dog as he spoke to Marcus, "You'll know the signal." With that, Marcus trotted over back towards the humans, annoying them briefly to gain their attention, before heading back over near the back of the pen as he had been commanded.

As the Dachshund pulled the first move, he quickly found out that he had the upper hand, or at least he thought he did. Jaws clasped around the bottom of the 'unobservant' Collie's neck, the smaller dog found his entire body suspended in the air, holding on with an enraged, feral fury.

Brackish would have snickered if he could've; the Dachshund's hold on his neck feeling about as strong as a puppy's, "Oh my, you're worse than I thought.". The Dachshund refused to respond, instead swinging and twisting his body in an attempt to rip the Collie's flesh; the act did seem to work to an extent, considering the smaller dog could taste blood.

The pound attendants had long lost interests in the Shepard, instead focusing on the two mutts 'fighting'. Scratching his head in confusion, Martin found himself stuck between helping, or just letting things fall in to place,"Okay, so is he just gonna' wait to suffocate?", Nina tilted her head in curiosity as well, "I don't know? Do we call this an actual fight? It seems sort of, one-sided.". Even the Pound Nazi himself stood awestruck by the Dachshund's shenanigans, though he remained silent, considering the situation wasn't 'out of control'. All questions were answered as the Collie finally took action, though.

Tiring of the Dachshund's attempt on his life, the Collie 'erfed' in disapproval, "I'm sorry to say, you're not accepted, and therefore, you shall be terminated.". Knowing the Dotson probably didn't even understand the last part of his barking-tongue, Brackish quickly flipped his attention back over to Marcus, "Get ready, Sheppy!". Clearly bored of the little dog, the Collie gave him a farewell message, "You should probably find a better spot to hang from; preferably one that doesn't let me do this".

The Collie tilted his head down between his fore-legs, easily catching the hanging canine's fore-paw between his jaws, just behind his fangs. Showing off an unheard of bite-force, the Border collie crushed the Dachshund's front right leg with one powerful bite, forcing him to release the 'death-grip' on the Collie's neck in a violent yelp and whine.

All three employees watched in awe as the Border collie then snatched the Dachshund's right hind-leg between his fangs, though that was far from the awe-inspiring feat. A bit too locked up in fear and curiosity, the crew continued to gawk as the Collie swung the helpless and whining mutt back and forth like a rag doll, until the leg itself finally broke free of the dog it belonged to.

With a wet snap, overshadowed by a howl of pain and agony, the fibers connecting the Dachshund's leg all but tore apart in harmony, followed by the brutal popping of his joint clean out of its socket. With his tongue treated to multiple spurts of the Dachshund's blood, Brackish continued his mutilation of the doomed canine. While the leg was out of socket and separated from his body, it still remained connected loosely by skin, a fact that the Collie soon corrected with a violent bite to the inferior dog's upper leg.
---
Nina had already fainted at the sight of the mauling, leaving the two males scrambling for an option, the Pound Nazi looking nervous for the first time in his 'career', "My god! Get the Sedative, or the Euthanasia kit!, Y- Yea, the Euthanasia kit.". Smacking the younger redheaded male on the shoulder to get his point across, the blonde haired Caucasian pulled back the skin around his eyes, "Fffffuck!".

Having no problem with hurtling the casually sitting German Shepard, Martin swiftly yanked the door to the pound open, darting inside, through the cage room and in to the main office area, the redhead nervously shifting through desk shelves until he finally found the white plastic box; the box itself having been adorned with a skull and crossbones over a bio-hazard symbol. Flipping the two latches that held the box together, the male rapidly snatched up a pre-filled and capped off syringe, wasting no time in darting back from whence he came.
---
Brackish wasted no time in exploiting the fact that only one human remained present. Hastily wrapping his gaping jaws around the Dotson's entire skull, the Collie exerted the tremendous force of his overly-trained and slightly augmented jaws; with barely any effort, the Border collie's maw flooded with the taste of the mutilated canine's salty, wet blood and brain-juices. The latter signifying an end of the Dotson's three pathetic years of life as they spurted from his half exploded eye-sockets.

While he wasn't exactly proud of killing another dog, the Collie couldn't help but relish in the fact that his plan had no more hindrances. With a slightly gurgled barking spree, Brackish called for Marcus, "Vamonos!". Understanding the slightly gargled and oddly adapted dialect, the German Shepard proceeded as planned, darting towards the standing Collie, ears pinned back to his skull as he reached the perfect distance, hurtling on to the Foreign-canine's back and springing off over the fence only a few feet away.

Marcus cleared the top of the enclosure by a long shot, nearly two feet, causing the Collie to suspect if he had been able to hop over on his own. Not letting the question bother him too much, the blood stained mutt carefully stepped back, staring to the top of the fence as the door behind him swung open; the Collie merely ignored the rushing humans. Without the need of a running start, the black and white furred menace cleared the fence... all aside from his hind-legs, leaving him dangling 3/4 of the way on the other side.

Martin succeeded in ignoring the mutilated corpse of the Dotson, instead darting at the Border collie, who's rear end was the only thing left on this side of the fence. Not even needing the brutal 'encouragement' of his superior, the redhead ripped the clear plastic cap off of the needle, holding the syringe back as if to stab someone with a knife.

Hearing what was going on behind him, Brackish yipped to the already-free German Shepard, "Hey, errr, Marcus? A lil' help?". Obliging swiftly, the Shepard snatched the flailing Border collie by a fore-paw, dragging him roughly over the brim of the fence; Martin was just out of reach as the Collie slipped away. "Annnd, now we run!" the Border collie barked, taking the lead and darting off in to the small town's streets.

"Damn!" Was the only word that both Martin and Mr. Fletcher(The Pound Nazi) could mutter as both dogs slipped away. Glaring at his lackey, Fletcher attempted to drive his own palm through his forehead, "Dammit! call 911 or somethin'... put out a bulletin about those two; say they're both highly aggressive and in need of being put down. Martin nodded, quickly doing as he was told and heading for the door, only pausing to stare at the still-fainted Nina, "Shouldn't we tend to her?". A stern glare was his only response from the Pound Nazi, "I'll take care of her! Go do as your told.... and bring a shovel when you get back.".

Doing as he said he would, Mr. Fletcher stamped his way over to Nina, who was slowly coming to on her own; he merely waited for her to regain full consciousness before speaking sarcastically, "Glad you could be of service, Ms. Hernandez!". Nina, was used to the cynical nature of the Pound Nazi, and as such it was easy for her to ignore his harsh statement, only groaning out her own response, "What happened to the Collie?". The male grunted, pointing out towards the fence where the two canine's had escaped, "They ran away.." he paused, "and they took my job with em'."

---------------------------------------------

Questions, comments, concerns... Death threats?

foxelite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby gadabout » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:04 am

Yeowch

thats got to hurt... well, at least the people reacted realistically.

another good one laddie, do keep writing.
RIP Baggy52.

gadabout
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby mandude81 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:49 pm

dang you killed my dog... o well i got 4 more doxins to make up for that one. good story . make more. dont die of a heart-attack while writing.
see that pic right there? i drew it. send me a pic and ill post a penciled version of it free of charge.
mandude81
Gojira
Gojira

Postby foxelite » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:21 pm

Mandude... you have 4 of those runts!? My backyard neighbors used to have one and it annoyed the ever loving hell out of me! He also chased me one day =\... I will never understand why you would own 4.

Buut, I figure enough dog killing.. back to the little Ranch of horrors.

Pt5
------------------------

Kia, nor' Carl could remember just how they got in the position they were in, but one thing was for sure, the alien-canine made one heck of a bed. Far too accustomed to rising with the sun, Carl simply quirked an eye as he found himself staring in to the dimly lit sky as opposed to his bedroom ceiling. With the fog of sleep lingering, the Rancher was suddenly and fiercely jostled in to an erected sitting position; the 'ground' beneath him quivered and growled. Shaking his head in disbelief and finding himself utterly disoriented, Carl staggered to his feet, finding the 'ground' to be less than solid. Almost immediately, the Rancher tumbled to the side and backward, only making it two steps before he found himself hurtling downward.

Had he not been a man of his stature, Carl may have had the wind knocked out of him as his back impacted the grass-laden dirt just outside of his own home. Muttering a "Damn." to himself, the Rancher held his position, of simply lying there, for nearly a minute. Groaning and shaking his head, he once again rose to his own two feet, stamping his boots down upon the dirt just to be sure that it was Earth this time. The Rancher then paused, staring off in front of him at what he had been laying on, suddenly remembering the previous night's ordeal, "Well.. guess it wasn't a nightmare.".

Silently taking several steps back, the male gave himself enough distance to view the entire alien-species before him. Outstretched on her back, and fairly silent considering her size, Kia actually appeared less threatening now that Carl could actually tell what she was; well, he could kind of tell anyway.

Scratching his short-haired scalp, Carl paced his way around the slumbering giant, taking a careful note of her face. Aside from the drooling and slack jawed expression and the array of dirt, leaves and branches strewn throughout her fur, the Rancher was quickly able to pin that she was some kind of "Dog thing.". He continued his circular trek about the female, which he had completely affirmed as her gender between what he remembered her sounding like, and her slightly perked out chest. Speaking softly to himself, Carl continued to comment on her appearance, "Well, some kinda, Dog... but I ain't never seen a dog with black hair.. or any hair for that matter... or on two legs... or that could talk.. Prolly' from some wacked out science experiment.. weirdo made his wife half dog er' somethin'... pfft, s'why I got outta' the city."

Even if she was a science experiment, or possibly some space alien like she had said, the Rancher still considered her a lady, and as such, refrained from walking in sight of the area between her legs. Leaving her to rest, Carl headed for his front door, twisting the knob to find it, thankfully, still unlocked. After shutting the door behind him, and double checking that the female was still locked in sleep, Carl's priorities quickly became apparent. With but one sniff of his nose, the Rancher nearly gagged, " G'damn it all.. I smell worse en' my livestock!..... that I used to have.". Drooping his shoulders as reality came back to haunt him, the Rancher simply began to strip on his way to the shower, not even bothering to let the water heat before hopping in.
----
Sleep was only capable of staving off hunger so much for the canid. Having had to force herself to so much as doze off, Kia wasn't the least bit surprised that her wake up call consisted of a painful groan and her stomach twisting itself in a knot. Tossed from sleep to being purely aware, the female howled out in agony, doubling over in a sitting position as she gripped her aching gut. Had her species had tear ducts, she would have cried, but instead she merely settled for an ear piercing whine instead.

The Collie had fallen in to a panting fit, her ears pinned to her skull as her vision began to blur, her muscles aching as they were rapidly consumed by her failing body. Snapping her jaws at thin air, Kia never even bothered to flip the tassels of her dirty, neck-length hair from out of her eyes, instead focused on something much more attention grabbing.

Far more civilized than most of her kind, it was rare to see Kia actually exploit her digitigrade status and walk or run on all fours. Even rarer, was to see the lab-oriented Collie sprint on all fours. She couldn't pin-point just what the scent was, but she knew it smelled worth eating, and that was enough for her to do whatever her starving guts wanted. Unfortunately, the canine's guts seemed to care less about property damage. The fem' planted her hand-paw right on top of the shabby deck of the rancher's home, reducing the sparsely supported porch to shambles with a sudden thud and crash.

Far from satisfied, the rapidly-decaying canine sniffed frantically at the knee-high one story, even going so far as to lick the vinyl siding, only to gain the unappealing taste of such material. She snapped her jaws and bared her fangs at the lack of food outside the home. Having not the slightest hint of reason left within her veins, the canid's only feasible answer was to break in to the structure and get food out.

Inside, all hell had broken loose. Carl now sat on the floor beside his dining room chair. On his face and lap lay the syrup laden pancakes he 'was' going to eat. The thunderous crash had rattled the entire house to near shambles, leaving virtually no picture left hanging upon his walls, though that was the last thought on the Rancher's mind. Sporting a look that bordered sheer confusion, annoyance, and most of all fear, Carl squinted his eyes in protest to the dust and splinters rocketing about the air.

Before the cloud of debris had even properly settled the male found himself forcibly gripped about the torso and ripped through the air like a child's toy, unfortunately meeting anything but the face of a child. Even with the the newly-formed urine stain in his pants, Carl was able to find some form of rationale throughout the ordeal, even if it was only a sliver it was enough to form a sentence, "What in the blue blazes are you doin'!?"

Oddly enough, Kia hadn't quite gone off the deepest of ends yet, and she actually responded to the Rancher's question, albeit in an unattractive and highly pissy tone pressed through bared fangs, "Do you have ANYTHING left on this forsaken piece of land!?". Carl could feel his ribs threatening to puncture his lungs at any moment, leaving him barely capable of forming a proper response, "Sh-sheep.. that way". Pointing his finger off over the shallow hill about 100 yards behind his house, Carl's actions were greeted with being tossed 30ft to the ground, luckily rolling and receiving no more than several bruises, and a terrible case of grass-burn. The Collie quickly fell to all fours and darted off in the direction he had appointed.

The Rancher sprang to his feet with haste, hopping through the gaping hole in his house and darting for the corded phone on his back kitchen wall. Thankfully he found it still unharmed, aside from the actual phone hanging disconnected from its base.

He didn't have much of any time, it seemed, as he rapidly dialed in three numbers. Constantly craning his head to ensure he was in the clear, Carl nearly screamed his issues in to the receiver, "Yea, 911 I'd like to report an armed assault and possible murder in progress!". Sure, Carl knew Kia wasn't armed, and she wasn't currently attempting to murder anyone, but deducing what little he could out of the current situation, the Border collie was clearly anything but harmless.

Considering her physical training consisted of walking a minute and a half to a transport and about 10 minutes to her lab every day, Kia's athleticism on all fours, to reach the appointed location of sheep, was borderline astonishing. Leaving a swirling cloud of dust and uprooted grass in her wake, the Collie came to a sudden halt as she arrived at the pen of sorts. Ignoring a very obvious fact as her maw clamped over the wooly creature, the female never bothered to care about the meat to fluff ratio, merely snatching the beast up like a Thanksgiving turkey and tearing straight in to it ravenously.

Had she been more sane at the time, she may have considered killing the sheep first. Ignoring the bleats of pain and suffering Kia finished her meal from back to front in little under a minute, leaving no trace of sheep aside from the bloody display around her lips along with the leftover wool and occasional bit of shredded tissue between her crimson stained teeth.

The lone animal had done little more than further whet the oversized alien-dog's appetite, and the fact that there was but a single sheep only served to irritate her. Darting her nose and eyes left and right, the Collie sensed absolutely nothing left for her consumption; she had devoured virtually everything over the course of the night. The fact only further invoked her ire, though her face showed a severely contrasting set of emotions.

Eyes shut, and with her chest heaving, Kia forcibly began an attempt to calm herself, unaided by her fiercely roaring stomach as it threatened to take full command. She merely stood for a moment, whimpering softly as she contemplated her own fate, "I guess this is what they mean when they say they're screwed.".

The thoughts in her mind finally pooled in to a conclusion; a mix of rational and irrational possibilities swirling in to a concoction of tangibility. Springing her eyes back open, the Collie flashed her attention back to the modest little home, softly forcing the words out of her throat, "He's just a.. farmer, thing... I'm the more significant being here.. so, I'll just make it quick...right?"; what little decency remained in her instinctive takeover finally showed through as the girl whimpered softly to herself, mulling over any other alternative, and finding but one. Rationale inevitably failed the scientific inclined being as her body erupted in an almost literal sense; her muscles ached and her body was succumbing to the ironic act of killing itself to stay alive.

Even if there was virtually no crime to speak of within a ten mile radius, Carl always felt that having a police station only a two minute drive away would come in handy one day, and the early day's events had already proven his intuitions correct. The dirt road running along side the front of the ranch lay beneath a thick cloud of earthen dust, tinted by an array of constantly interchanging red and blue hues. The source of the upset dirt was none other than two black and white police cruisers, barreling in to the cutout dirt driveway of what used to be an entire house, signaling their approach with a pair of blaring sirens.

With the driver's side door of the first car swung open before the dirty Crown Victoria even skid to a full stop, the earthen colored shoe of the county sheriff had already planted itself firmly on to the ground. The rest of his body soon followed, tipping his wide brimmed hat that matched the rest of his dark brown uniform, the Caucasian male curiously quirked an eye at the house before him, or at least what was left of it. In suit, each of the three other officers along for the ride (his passenger and the two in the other car) looked to their superior in confusion, and were quickly gifted that same gaze right back in their direction. Finally the honored officer spilled out roughly what each of the uniformed men had circulating throughout their minds, "What in tarnation?".

"Murder? What the hell did they use, an atomic bomb?" exclaimed the sheriff's partner, though he was soon cut off by a thumb motion and the sound of the trunk of the vehicle unlocking. The definitive leader of the group simply nodded his head as he mouthed and barely sounded the words to his back country law enforcers, "The shotguns...". As his crew fiddled about in the trunks of their squad-cars for their 'serious' weapons, the sheriff himself pressed onward toward the house with only his pistol drawn, and contrary to the song, he figured no one would be brave enough to shoot somebody wearing a sheriff badge.

His steps were slow, however, and indicated he had every intention of awaiting his backup. Calling out over his shoulder, the senior member issued a controversial order of caution, "Hey, err, Henson, you stick close to the radio, we might have a real problem here.

Receiving a snort from the appointed officer, the higher-up simply tread closer to the destroyed house and its collapsed ceiling, only to pause abruptly as his attention, along with the two trailing officer's, was ripped towards the ground. Motioning his finger with a slight wiggle, the country sheriff tossed the question in to the air, as if everyone didn't already know the answer, "So er' .. whats that look like to you gentleman?". With an exaggerated shrug, the short blonde-haired male behind the head officer gave off the obvious answer, "Well, sir.. it kinda' looks like a paw-print, only bigger.". The higher positioned male simply nodded, "That's what I thought".

----------------------------------------------------------

Questions, Comments, flames, ass-whoopins

foxelite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Next

Return to Macro Story