New characters, Chloe and Clare

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Postby mandude81 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:08 pm

i find it funny yes but somehow im just not getting the shock factor from their friend it just seems you didnt capture it correctly but i cant figure out what it is...
see that pic right there? i drew it. send me a pic and ill post a penciled version of it free of charge.
mandude81
Gojira
Gojira

Postby macrokat » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:38 pm

mandude81 wrote:i find it funny yes but somehow im just not getting the shock factor from their friend it just seems you didnt capture it correctly but i cant figure out what it is...

I agree, I've been trying to work on expressions, trying to take some of the more extreme ones used in animes, etc. and adjust them for my style, I think in this one it's the eyes that are off. I had a hard time getting them right, especially with Sarah's hair style, which basically covers at least half of her eyes at all times, but, that's why you practice.
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby macrokat » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:41 pm

Just a quick/cute bit of filler. Had this image in my head since the characters were first created, just had to get around to drawing it.

Surprisingly, Chloe's the first character I've created who actually enjoys drawing, I'd imagine she's pretty good at perspective with all the experience she has actually being at such a low perspective or being able to fly around things all the time.
Attachments
Chloe and Clare 010 Colored.jpg
Chloe and Clare 010 Colored.jpg (123.25 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kewney » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:51 pm

The eyes look a bit odd, but very nice picture indeed :D

Hmmm the shine on her nose locks edged :D Selection tool marks :lol:
Kewney
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:18 am

Kewney wrote:Yuri is always welcome :D

I'm sure Sarah would like that, and the series is definitely headed that way. Of course it's always a matter of doing things with a sense of taste and style, not quite ready to make the jump to hardcore stuff, would like to keep things clean, especially since my wife and allot of others I know and work with really enjoy this series, so I'm trying to keep things from going too overboard too quickly.
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby macrokat » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:24 am

To continue with my last comment, it's funny how a matter of scale can really affect people's perception of things. For example, my wife knows of my macrophilia, etc. She doesn't share it, but that's no big thing not everyone shares the same fantasies all the time. So, as someone who doesn't really get into these stories as I do, she doesn't quite get the Skybar, or 3M stories. She's not very into those, the idea of a giant woman just seems a bit much to her.

However, if you change things, like with Chloe and Clare, Chloe is small, because she's a pixy, my wife really likes Chloe and Clare, the only major difference though is that in Skybar, Tia is the big character, everyone else is small, Chloe and Clare, Chloe is the small character and everyone else is big. I guess it's just the perception that since Chloe is a pixy, she's supposed to be small so it's not that surprising.

Just an interesting thing I noticed, realistically it shouldn't matter, but a slight change in scale from one extreme to another can really alter the perception of those reading/viewing the story.
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kewney » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:41 am

Caring for someone who is a pixie is way easier than the other way around. I think everybody knows the reason for that. Well also we usually keep pets which are way smaller than we are... rarely seeing people having elephants or giraffes as a pet... since it would cause a lot of problems, which you never have to face with a dog or a cat.

Still I kind of think, that a story centering around the problems of someone being larger than the standards are more interesting than smaller. But I guess in both ways, someone living in a modern society will face problems, caused by the size difference.
Kewney
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby kurothedog » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:57 am

aww she is very cuter. and well Chloe has the same colouring as my character of the same name. what a co insidence.

chloe the pixie looked a little like a fraggle with that tail of hers. and that was meant as a compliment.
I like the macro stuff. I draw it and even dream about it and this website is right up my alley.
kurothedog
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby macrokat » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:22 am

kurothedog wrote:aww she is very cuter. and well Chloe has the same colouring as my character of the same name. what a co insidence.

chloe the pixie looked a little like a fraggle with that tail of hers. and that was meant as a compliment.

That is interesting, the only part of Chloe's coloring I planned before-hand was her pink hair, I wasn't sure what to do with the rest, but this does seem to be a good color palette to work with, obviously at least another person shares that feeling too. ;)

And I do like the fraggles as well, Mokey's my favorite, so that's definitely a good compliment.
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mandude81 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:25 am

macrokat wrote:
mandude81 wrote:i find it funny yes but somehow im just not getting the shock factor from their friend it just seems you didnt capture it correctly but i cant figure out what it is...

I agree, I've been trying to work on expressions, trying to take some of the more extreme ones used in animes, etc. and adjust them for my style, I think in this one it's the eyes that are off. I had a hard time getting them right, especially with Sarah's hair style, which basically covers at least half of her eyes at all times, but, that's why you practice.

maby you shoulda houlowed out the eyes with just a ring,and widened the eyes a little, cuz i see that alot in anime and that seems to be what works best
see that pic right there? i drew it. send me a pic and ill post a penciled version of it free of charge.
mandude81
Gojira
Gojira

PreviousNext

Return to Macro Art