New characters, Chloe and Clare

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Postby macrokat » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:40 pm

The common theme is that they're all characters from the production company Clamp, and the characters are; hikaru from angelic layer sakura from cardcaptor sakura, sue from clover, sumomo from chobits, and yuko from xxxholic.
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kool kitty89 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:52 am

Lpedy wrote:
kool kitty89 wrote:Hmm, I know what characters are depicted in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th panels, and I'm assuming the 3rd is a Final Fantasy character, not sure about the 5th though.

number 3 is Cardcaptor Sakura and number 5 is that small Chobit in chobits

I was counting from top left to left, then down... (like written english)

from that perspective 1 is Roll (Mega Man battle network series), 2 Sakura, 3? (FF character? -from one of the more recent series) 4. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil, or I though at first, looking closer, it seems I was wrong), 5. Chobit? 6. final panel zoomed out

Edit: OK, so I was wrong about 1. too, that's Hiraku, 4. is Sumomo, and 5 is Yoko.

When I say Otaku, I immediately thought both anime AND video games (plus manga, etc), so that through me off a bit.
Sakura is the only series I've actually watched, and probably the only one to air on broadcast television in the US. (don't have cable or satellite, so anything else is/was rented, downloaded, or purchased) if it didn't make it to major networks or syndication in the US, the only other thing would have been PBS (again, other than rental/DL/purchase), and indeed a big part of my introduction to Anime came via PBS. (Tenchi Universe especially -came before Pokemon was westernized too, shown though 1997 iirc, at least locally)
kool kitty89
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 am

kool kitty89 wrote:
Lpedy wrote:
kool kitty89 wrote:Hmm, I know what characters are depicted in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th panels, and I'm assuming the 3rd is a Final Fantasy character, not sure about the 5th though.

number 3 is Cardcaptor Sakura and number 5 is that small Chobit in chobits

I was counting from top left to left, then down... (like written english)

from that perspective 1 is Roll (Mega Man battle network series), 2 Sakura, 3? (FF character? -from one of the more recent series) 4. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil, or I though at first, looking closer, it seems I was wrong), 5. Chobit? 6. final panel zoomed out

Edit: OK, so I was wrong about 1. too, that's Hiraku, 4. is Sumomo, and 5 is Yoko.

When I say Otaku, I immediately thought both anime AND video games (plus manga, etc), so that through me off a bit.
Sakura is the only series I've actually watched, and probably the only one to air on broadcast television in the US. (don't have cable or satellite, so anything else is/was rented, downloaded, or purchased) if it didn't make it to major networks or syndication in the US, the only other thing would have been PBS (again, other than rental/DL/purchase), and indeed a big part of my introduction to Anime came via PBS. (Tenchi Universe especially -came before Pokemon was westernized too, shown though 1997 iirc, at least locally)

Not surprised about thinking the first was a megaman character, they're very similar. Maybe I'll have to do another with game characters, that could be pretty fun too. But with the exception of Clover, the other series can all be seen as either anime or manga.
If you're looking for some good stuff to watch, and your computer can stream decently enough, you should check out Crunchyroll, or Hulu, Hulu has a surprisingly large anime selection with some very good stuff.
You can even find some of these series, xxxholic is on Hulu, in dubbed or subbed, Angelic Layer is on crunchyroll, and is a very cool series.
They're all good series, Clamp is really good at developing story and characters, another reason I chose to stick with their works for this one, is a common theme, Clamp is an all-female production team, and so far, this comic is all female, so it fits.
Thanks for the comment and giving it a good try.
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aprem » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:23 am

Doh that last one was Yuko? I shouldlve known that one. >,=,<
Only one I got was Card Captor Sakura.
"We might do some things together. I don't know about sides. I go my own way; but your way may go along with mine for a while"
-Treebeard; LOTR
Aprem
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:47 am

Sarah gives Chloe her dollhouse, and gets a little pleasure in return.
Attachments
Chloe and Clare 007.jpg
Chloe and Clare 007.jpg (291.92 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
Chloe and Clare 008.jpg
Chloe and Clare 008.jpg (290.7 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby macrokat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:24 am

Aprem wrote:Doh that last one was Yuko? I shouldlve known that one. >,=,<
Only one I got was Card Captor Sakura.

Actually, Yuko's a pretty tough one, her outfits are always changing, and she really never looks the same, only common features are the low-cut outfits, and she does wear the moon necklace occasionally, if you don't know to look for those things though, it is pretty tough.

And the fact that I didn't color anything doesn't help either, it would've been easier (and better looking) with color, so that's my fault.
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DeadLantern » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Good lord, This is the most adorable thing I've seen in years.

So macrokat, you seemed to be well versed in anime culture: Is this feeling I have what the Japanese call "moe"?
You're never asked if you want to live. That is not the question. The question is how.
DeadLantern
Rampage
Rampage

Location: The country of Germany, Earth of the Sol System, Milky way Galaxy.

Postby macrokat » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:08 pm

DeadLantern wrote:Good lord, This is the most adorable thing I've seen in years.

So macrokat, you seemed to be well versed in anime culture: Is this feeling I have what the Japanese call "moe"?

Actually, that's a possible yes. The definition of what "moe" is, seems to change based on context, etc. Some animes and stories refer to a moe character as a girl who's shy or somewhat embarassed that she's becoming a woman, like in Ultimate girls for instance; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzz6sjFkHiw
Where UFO man refers to their Moe power basically as their shame/fear of being exposed in public.

The older form of Moe were the quiet, usually fairly normal, background characterish girls who aren't usually as outgoing as the main characters, like Kurumi from Pani Poni dash.
Though Moe's also referred to as a sort of posessive, or Protective feeling of attachment a male may have for a female character, so that may work in this case.

<sigh> I try to convince myself I'm not as big of a nerd as I think I am, but things like this... At least I don't cosplay or do any of that stuff, though that's probably because all my favorite characters are female, and that'd just be crossdressing, actually weirder 'cause it'd be crossdressing cosplay.
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby macrokat » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Clare has a nightmare, and Chloe helps her out.
Attachments
Chloe and Clare 009.jpg
Chloe and Clare 009.jpg (267.26 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kewney » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Yuri is always welcome :D
Kewney
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext