Macro Murder Mystery

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Postby macrokat » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:10 pm

zukezorin wrote:I'd say "Macros need lovin', too" but I'm sure micro's would have their fun as well. This is Macrophile.com. 8)


Those who battle monsters should take care lest they become the monsters. I think Nietzsche said something to that effect and it rings true in some cases. Being a cop and doing it for the law is all that separates the brutality of justice from the brutality of crime. She is no longer a cop, and having gotten no help from the information, is what she did the work of a monster or a savior?

I love how you add depth to your characters not only by giving them motivations but challenging those motivations with mishap. Having done this...there are a lot of things I could see happening that would make me an unquestioned fan of this story arc.

Then again...I'm a sucker for good story. Are the updates on a set schedule still or on a more loose "when you feel like it" timetable?


It is true, Macros DO need lovin. Though to be fair, EVERYBODY does, the people in a mixed city like this just get more options. ;)

Definitely glad to hear you like the story. That's what it's all about for me, I can do action, and it's fun, but without some sort of reason or consequence it's just mindless, and forgettable.
As far as how this'll play out for Tia, it's definitely gonna bite her in the ass, only question is how.

Far as posting, yeah, back on a normal schedule, new page every Wednesday.
User avatar
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8783
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 pm
Location: Oregon USA

Preview! Tia vs. Kat

Postby macrokat » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:38 am

Working on a pretty fun scene right now, was bound to happen with their conflicting personalities and styles, and wanted to share another preview, here we have a sneak peak at Tia vs. Kat.
Yes, they are the same size, how and why we won't explain for now, enjoy some action.
Attachments
Tia vs Kat Preview.jpg
Tia vs Kat Preview.jpg (173.25 KiB) Viewed 2441 times
User avatar
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8783
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 pm
Location: Oregon USA

Postby zukezorin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:48 am

Is it alright that I dislike Kat? :)

You've made her powerful, arrogant, morally questionable, and in numerous circumstances a genuine bitch. I have to compliment you for it, too; making a character detailed enough to hate isn't always easy, and her attitude is so subtle yet defined that I can't help but speculate that she is based off of something or someone.

I'm rooting for Tia. Or Mac. Or Marie, even; anyone to take Kat down a notch and to turn her arrogance into impotent rage at defeat. I also can't help but speculate at the flaw in her prowess. For all her skill, she is only human, right?...maybe fighting someone with a tail isn't something she is used to. Or perhaps fighting a creature that can bite and claw is more dangerous than she realizes.

I hope Tia keeps some of that macro brutality she showed beating up street walkers...it looks like she's gonna need it.
Z. Zorin
User avatar
zukezorin
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event
 
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:32 am
Location: The Western Mountains

Postby Marcusaralius76 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:59 pm

zukezorin wrote:Is it alright that I dislike Kat? :)

I'm rooting for Tia. Or Mac. Or Marie, even; anyone to take Kat down a notch and to turn her arrogance into impotent rage at defeat. I also can't help but speculate at the flaw in her prowess. For all her skill, she is only human, right?...maybe fighting someone with a tail isn't something she is used to. Or perhaps fighting a creature that can bite and claw is more dangerous than she realizes.

I hope Tia keeps some of that macro brutality she showed beating up street walkers...it looks like she's gonna need it.
I think this is something everyone can agree on. To quote an old horror movie I hope no one here has ever seen, "The woman! She must die!"
The new gear’s the dog’s bollocks. Isn’t it, girl?

Harkonnen II. A 30mm Semi-Auto Cannon.
Maximum range: 4000m. Gross weight: 345kg

Seras, let’s get revenge!
User avatar
Marcusaralius76
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: New England

Postby macrokat » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:18 pm

Marcusaralius76 wrote:I think this is something everyone can agree on. To quote an old horror movie I hope no one here has ever seen, "The woman! She must die!"


While that quote sounds mildly familiar, I don't know what it's from, so no, I don't know what horror movie that's referring to.

zukezorin wrote:Is it alright that I dislike Kat? :)

You've made her powerful, arrogant, morally questionable, and in numerous circumstances a genuine bitch. I have to compliment you for it, too; making a character detailed enough to hate isn't always easy, and her attitude is so subtle yet defined that I can't help but speculate that she is based off of something or someone.

I'm rooting for Tia. Or Mac. Or Marie, even; anyone to take Kat down a notch and to turn her arrogance into impotent rage at defeat. I also can't help but speculate at the flaw in her prowess. For all her skill, she is only human, right?...maybe fighting someone with a tail isn't something she is used to. Or perhaps fighting a creature that can bite and claw is more dangerous than she realizes.

I hope Tia keeps some of that macro brutality she showed beating up street walkers...it looks like she's gonna need it.


Yes, it is alright to dislike Kat, she's an "acquired" personality. All of the words you used to describe her are words I've used in her actual character bio, even the being a general bitch part. That's actually why I love her so much though. She's my first, and favorite character, she's definitely snobby, bitchy, and arrogant, and only about two other characters in my entire range of stories genuinely like her, myself, and Aryanna, who isn't featured here.
Yes, she is only human, though, slightly enhanced. She's genetically engineered, she was created to do what she does, infiltrate and kill people.
http://kat352234.deviantart.com/art/Kat ... 5079&qo=99
That's a sketch I did showing Kat "removing" her skin. It's not going to be covered in this comic so might as well explain. Kat was engineered to be able to alter her physical appearance to mimic other people (which is why she currently looks like the chief of police's secretary). To do this though, it demands high amounts of concentration, energy (lots and lots of eating to replace lost vitamins, you name it in the shedding process), and creates a huge mental strain, constantly changing personas in physical as well as mental regards does make her fairly unstable at times.
Worth checking out: http://kat352234.deviantart.com/art/Ani ... 5079&qo=36
fun comic called anime life where Kat's split into 7 versions of herself, each one's still a bitch.

If she's based on anyone, it started out as me. I first drew Kat 5-17-02, so she's a little over 8 years old now. She started out as a more extreme version of my sarcasm, etc. but through those years she has become her own genuine personality who even has her own food preferrences different from mine.

And yes, Tia is going to be giving everything she has, that's for sure. By the time these fight pages are posted if you dislike Kat now, you'll REALLY hate her then.
User avatar
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8783
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 pm
Location: Oregon USA

Postby iGiant » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:35 pm

macrokat wrote:
Yes, it is alright to dislike Kat, she's an "acquired" personality. All of the words you used to describe her are words I've used in her actual character bio, even the being a general bitch part. That's actually why I love her so much though. She's my first, and favorite character, she's definitely snobby, bitchy, and arrogant, and only about two other characters in my entire range of stories genuinely like her, myself, and Aryanna, who isn't featured here.
Yes, she is only human, though, slightly enhanced. She's genetically engineered, she was created to do what she does, infiltrate and kill people.
http://kat352234.deviantart.com/art/Kat ... 5079&qo=99
That's a sketch I did showing Kat "removing" her skin. It's not going to be covered in this comic so might as well explain. Kat was engineered to be able to alter her physical appearance to mimic other people (which is why she currently looks like the chief of police's secretary). To do this though, it demands high amounts of concentration, energy (lots and lots of eating to replace lost vitamins, you name it in the shedding process), and creates a huge mental strain, constantly changing personas in physical as well as mental regards does make her fairly unstable at times.
Worth checking out: http://kat352234.deviantart.com/art/Ani ... 5079&qo=36
fun comic called anime life where Kat's split into 7 versions of herself, each one's still a bitch.

If she's based on anyone, it started out as me. I first drew Kat 5-17-02, so she's a little over 8 years old now. She started out as a more extreme version of my sarcasm, etc. but through those years she has become her own genuine personality who even has her own food preferrences different from mine.

And yes, Tia is going to be giving everything she has, that's for sure. By the time these fight pages are posted if you dislike Kat now, you'll REALLY hate her then.



With all that stated, how does she take on those forms through the shedding? And I've seen you really like to change things around... First Tia, now Kat? It makes "Ask Tia" sound like a joke.
Anyways, there's one more question. How did Kat get the same size as Tia, there's a huge difference in size in Ask Tia.

Anyways, great job on all your work. Keep it up!
Hurray!
iGiant
Rampage
Rampage
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Postby macrokat » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:57 pm

iGiant wrote:With all that stated, how does she take on those forms through the shedding? And I've seen you really like to change things around... First Tia, now Kat? It makes "Ask Tia" sound like a joke.
Anyways, there's one more question. How did Kat get the same size as Tia, there's a huge difference in size in Ask Tia.

Anyways, great job on all your work. Keep it up!


Shedding's actually the end of the process. Not gonna try and come up with scientific explanations for how, etc. but the process, When Kat receives an assignment, she receives photos, videos, etc. regarding the person she's supposed to replace. She spends several days, if not longer studying and focusing on the photos, learning the maneurisms tone, etc. of the person, all the while her body adjusts to the new dimensions, marks, etc. Basically rebuilding her outer dimensions and appearance to match. She then carries out her mission before returning to her original form shedding the old disguise to disappear, leaving the entire situation to be blamed on the person she replaced, if they're still alive.

Actually Kat's no different than her normal personality in this comic, only difference between now and Ask Tia is she's on a mission in this comic. In Ask Tia everyone was just having fun and playing around, so there was no real reason to push things. Though she did make some smart-ass remarks in Ask Tia too.

Yes, there is a HUGE size difference, Kat's 5'7, Tia's 60'+ but have to wait 'til we get there to see what's really going on, that's why it's a preview or teaser. ;)

Thanks for the great comments and enjoy.
User avatar
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8783
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 pm
Location: Oregon USA

Postby macrokat » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Lets see what happened to Mac and Marie after Tia was pulled in for interrogation.
Attachments
3M 011 - Hiding.jpg
3M 011 - Hiding.jpg (304.62 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
User avatar
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8783
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 pm
Location: Oregon USA

Postby Marcusaralius76 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:29 pm

I've always wondered how good Marie would be with a gun...hopefully better than MacGruber.
The new gear’s the dog’s bollocks. Isn’t it, girl?

Harkonnen II. A 30mm Semi-Auto Cannon.
Maximum range: 4000m. Gross weight: 345kg

Seras, let’s get revenge!
User avatar
Marcusaralius76
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: New England

Postby macrokat » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:35 pm

Marcusaralius76 wrote:I've always wondered how good Marie would be with a gun...hopefully better than MacGruber.


Well, in this series she is more of a bad-girl, and she's more willing to fight, etc. But prior to being picked up by Tia, she's been spending time in a group home, prior to that her parents were still alive, so she had a normal upbringing. While she may be willing to use a gun, doesn't mean she has any actual experience. So we'll have to see how far she's willing to go.

I'm sure she'd do better than MacGruber though.
User avatar
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8783
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 pm
Location: Oregon USA

PreviousNext

Return to Macro Art

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Usage of this site is goverend by the AUP
phpBB skin developed by: Abdul Turan & MPFans
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
© 1997-2012, Crescendo Communications