Macro Murder Mystery

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Macro Murder Mystery

Postby macrokat » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:47 am

So "Ask Tia" was a fun and succesful experiment, and last night I thought it would be fun to try something completely different.
Something that struck me during "Ask Tia" was that all of the characters are very nice, and it might be interesting to see them in a completely different setting and situation, so we're changing tones now, and putting the characters into a completely new situation.

This is a seperate One-shot story that has no bearing on the actual Tia and Mac story, enjoy a Macro crime drama!

Also: I'm going to try to post new pages on a weekly schedule so this time I actually can keep working on other projects at the same time, so look forward to cliffhangers galore!
Attachments
3M 001 - The Force.jpg
3M 001 - The Force.jpg (275.79 KiB) Viewed 9336 times
Last edited by macrokat on Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mandude81 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:46 pm

it seems that your last scentence is going twards starwars lol.
see that pic right there? i drew it. send me a pic and ill post a penciled version of it free of charge.
mandude81
Gojira
Gojira

Postby macrokat » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:34 pm

mandude81 wrote:it seems that your last scentence is going twards starwars lol.

I love Star Wars and they use the word force enough times on this page, why not?

Also worked in a couple song referrences, or at least was inspired by them, first "Gone too far" by Shivaree, cool song, and "There there" by Radiohead.
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby iGiant » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Nice!

I like how Mac is like at the last section.
Hurray!
iGiant
Rampage
Rampage

Postby macrokat » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Second page, we discover that Tia and Mac don't have the best history together in this world, but despite their own personal issues they decide to come together to stop a killer.
Attachments
3M 002 - The Case.jpg
3M 002 - The Case.jpg (294.49 KiB) Viewed 9335 times
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby macrokat » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:28 pm

The cast is coming together, we can clearly see that Marie is having a hard time after her parents murder, she's not quite the sweet little girl anymore.
Attachments
3M 003 - Marie.jpg
3M 003 - Marie.jpg (332.66 KiB) Viewed 8944 times
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby emperorpenguin » Mon May 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Awesome, can't wait to see the next parts!
HEY! If you want to RP you've found the right guy. Contact me!
My Furbase profile: http://furbase.bigfurs.com/display.php?id=3320
emperorpenguin
Rampage
Rampage

Postby macrokat » Wed May 05, 2010 4:32 pm

The case has just started and has already become more difficult as they realize it's not just some rogue macro they're dealing with.
The cast is almost together now, and things only get more tense from here on out.
Attachments
3M 004 - Corruption.jpg
3M 004 - Corruption.jpg (306.66 KiB) Viewed 8541 times
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

updates and stuff

Postby macrokat » Wed May 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Posting weekly is hard.
Not because I can't keep up or anything, at the moment I have a 5 page buffer and that keeps growing as I draw pretty much every day. Weekly posting is hard because if you're an impulsive person like I am you want to go out and share what you've done the moment you've finished, so waiting makes me antsy.
But I understand why real webcomics post this way. As I already said, have a 5 page buffer and growing, so I don't feel any particular rush to keep focusing on the same thing all the time. Which is great because I have been able to work on other stories and pictures while still focusing on this one, so, big success there.
Another thing I'm trying with this series is treating each page as its own story, and not carrying over like a normal comic does. I have to say I actually like this allot, it keeps things very succinct and to the point. It's also easier to keep the story flowing since each page closes itself, unless there's intentionally a cliffhanger, but that's the point. The only thing I don't necessarily like about keeping each page individual is that it forces you to cut back on some of the scenes you want to show, need to keep the images simple and to the point, especially when there's allot of text to overlay and you don't want to cut off anything important.

So maybe those of you on the site here who enjoy doing their own comics will get some use out of that, I'm really just posting this here to try and calm my antsy-ness because it feels odd not posting everything at once, but I decided to do it this way so I'm going to follow through.

I have most of this story planned out already, it's not going to be terribly long, probably in the range of 20 to 30 pages depending on how much filler I want to include or how far I want to delve into everyone's motives. Should be some good stuff to look forward to though, several main characters being shot, getting in serious fights, Tia showing her fighting prowess and a very tense rivalry between Tia and Kat (who will be introduced in the next page). The only character I didn't have to change to fit into this story was Kat, she is naturally a bitchy conceited woman, and she is a hired assassin by trade, so her role in this story is pretty much untouched. Her rivalry with Tia starts pretty-much the moment the two start talking, but we'll see that next time.

For now, thanks for reading the stories, hope everyone enjoys it, and maybe my little rant/vent gave some incite into what's going on. That's all for now, bye.
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HF » Thu May 06, 2010 7:19 pm

Can't wait fot the next episode :).
I really like your drawing style, it feels so 'light' but in other hand it's so detailed.
HF
HF
Newbie / Lurker
Newbie / Lurker

Next

Return to Macro Art