Much ado about dragons

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Postby macrokat » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:55 pm

ginzburg wrote:I love you're humor ^.^ the godzilla scene with the mother telling him to knock it off XD soo great.

I think that one's currently my favorite of the bunch as well, and that one kinda came from outta nowhere. I knew I wanted a t-rex/godzilla like monster and a dragon, the next step was combining the two, and things worked out just fine.

To Slate the dragon: I'm glad this has piqued your interests, though I can't shake the feeling of some sort of bias... I think it's the tophat and monacle that does it.

to Theophilous_Bolt: You're right, dragons in leather is good, I'll have to try and create more of that. ;)
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

More pictures

Postby macrokat » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:08 am

Was going to post this last time, but forgot, another picture featuring a dragon. Once again, not anthro, but still interesting, and this one has a semi-story behind it.

It goes something like this.

This picture is based off of a particularly enjoyable dream I had quite a long while ago. It is set in a world where dragons are not simply myth, and in fact, humans and dragons have co-existed for quite some time now. The dragons featured in this story are more similar to the wise/helpful dragons of fairy-tale, and not mindless reptiles. Though they retain the traditional dragon bodies, and are not anthro in design.

This particular story focuses on two best friends, Joshua, the dragon, and Katie, the human. The two have grown up together, and are now attending college at the same university. While Katie is a normal 20-something human, Joshua is actually only 8 years old. Due to his dragonic growth and development the rolls of the two were quickly reversed. Katie has gone from the teenage girl playing with and looking after a baby dragon, to sharing classes and occasionally asking for help from a dragon less than half her age, but nearly twice her size.

While this world has developed in co-existance, that is not to say it is without trouble. In fact Joshua’s older brother Robert is an extremist who is disgusted that Joshua would consider a human female his best friend. At one point Robert even goes so far as to kidnap Katie and hold her hostage as he plots a way to destroy the city and its human residents. Leaving Joshua to perform a daring rescue to save his best friend, and possibly destroy his own brother in the process.
Attachments
dragon small.jpg
dragon small.jpg (265.27 KiB) Viewed 2218 times
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dragon mith » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:04 am

thats a very sweet storiy
dragon mith
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:38 am

New addition to an old post, it's been a LONG time since I drew a picture of Mara, however, since I've started bringing her out more lately, thought it was time to do a drawing, this one's only colored with basic editing, probably finalize it later.
Attachments
Mara in Flight rough.jpg
Mara in Flight rough.jpg (191.27 KiB) Viewed 1847 times
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dragon mith » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:27 am

i would have (still do) loved to read the story that came with the first picture.
I am Ceteris paribus!

This sentence is false
dragon mith
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:20 pm

dragon mith wrote:i would have (still do) loved to read the story that came with the first picture.

The story for that picture is still basically just a summary/rough draft of the idea, I haven't actually developed it any further though it would be fun to actually complete, I just forget about things occasionally. :oops:
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kewney » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:19 pm

Looks definatly awesome!

The only question which flings around in my head at the moment... how did you get all this dot pattern onto the pink :shock:
Looks really much more like scales in that way
Kewney
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Kewney wrote:Looks definatly awesome!

The only question which flings around in my head at the moment... how did you get all this dot pattern onto the pink :shock:
Looks really much more like scales in that way

It's actually a pretty easy trick, you have to start with a darker skin tone than the final result though, because the filter will lighten the tone greatly. But basically you set up the layer you want for the scales then select photoshop's filter options, then texture and stained glass. Adjust the cell size for the appropriate size etc. Then apply. i also like to use the add noise filter occasionally too.
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HypeEnlite » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:07 pm

as someone who recently made the switch to a dragon character

I APPROVE THIS TOPIC
HypeEnlite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:38 am

HypeEnlite wrote:as someone who recently made the switch to a dragon character

I APPROVE THIS TOPIC

perfect as a dragon enthusiast, it's always good to see more.
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Macro Art