What kind of giant?

Polls on just about Anything Macro. Updated occasionally. :)

What temperment of giant is best?

Agressive
15%
Passive / Friendly
20%
Playful / Mischevious
61%
Indifferent
4%

Total votes : 391

Postby Brahma » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:20 pm

I have to go for the playful/mischievous, since I am one of them. Not that you could tell in the Giant's Club, as I tend to behave 96% of the time.
Brahma
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby SusanDeer » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:45 pm

Playful/Mischievious.

Go figure!

I chose this one because it implies a level of intelligence that isn't necessarily obvious in the Aggressive or Passive choices.
SusanDeer
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Brahma » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:55 pm

SusanDeer wrote:I chose this one because it implies a level of intelligence that isn't necessarily obvious in the Aggressive or Passive choices.

Good point, Sue. It doesn't take much smarts to be passive or even agressive.
Brahma
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Naman » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:31 am

Well, I can't stand agression, and playful/mischeivous is well and good, but it tends to result in innocent people getting hurt or worse, so I went with passive/friendly, though one can be friendly without being passive. Gentle giants can be assertive too. They're just careful to avoid hurting littles. :p
Macrovore.com - It's either, it's both, it's nifty!
Naman
Rampage
Rampage

Postby Kagur » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:57 am

Mmm...I like Playful/Mischevious..such giants have a sense of humor and aren't necessarily mean. I don't mind a macro playmate..but don't want to become a micro pancake. 8)
Kagur
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Shira Skystreaker » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:40 pm

I went with agresive. Why? Well, I like the whole power game an agressive macro can play... completely in charge, and highly aware of the fact. One agressive enough to have what he wants, however he has to get it. Though, even if it's not stated, I'd like to have the agressive macro brighter than the average nightlight, at the very least; the point of intelligence is a very good one, Sue.
It's a macro board and I'm a micro. What's your point?
Shira Skystreaker
Gojira
Gojira

Postby Heartwing » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:51 pm

Though they all have their appeal, I have to chose playful and mischevious. It can encompass all the other categories at one time or another. Kind of a macro of all trades. hehe
Heartwing
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Drakkel » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:06 pm

I chose aggressive. My reasoning: I think macros should be destructive and should enjoy killing small, insignificant humans. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
:twisted:
Drakkel
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby MasterNightBlade » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:28 am

Uh, y'know I'm a small insignificant human... WITH THE STRENGTH OF A MACRO! BWAHA!!!

I chose playful, mainly because I always thought it'd be kinda cool to have a giant for a pal. Talking about a rough day, havin' a cold drink on the porch on a hot summers day... Daring him to crush my bosses car for the fun of it...

Yea, that'd be cool. Plus, I'd rather not meet an angry macro... Being crushed under an angry heel tends to put a crimp on my day.
MasterNightBlade
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:02 am

I'd go for a mix of playful and friendly. That way it's both a fun scenario, and you don't have to worry about getting crunched or munched. Aggressive macros always seemed kind of like bullies to me---and I did have to deal with bullies growing up---you know, that whole "tiny on the inside" and no self-esteem thing.

Of course, if they're doing it simply because they're savage, city-smashing animals then I don't have a problem---it's just nature at work. But I instinctively seem to dislike the concept of doing it just for a sadistic pleasure. But then the revenge thing doesn't bother me, just the unprovoked kind.

Maybe I'm just going too deep into it. I do enjoy some rampage here and there, but I watched too many superhero cartoons,so now I think that someone should swoop in and save the day every time I see a mass destruction scene.
Fixing the world, one duct tape job at a time.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to The Polls