Furry Ins and Outs

Polls on just about Anything Macro. Updated occasionally. :)

How "out" are you with your furry?

No one knows. Locks and passwords for me.
37%
Just a few furry friends. Definately not family.
25%
I neither hide nor announce it. If folks ask, I say.
34%
I tell everyone about how cool it is!
4%

Total votes : 417

Postby LudicrousArch » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:26 pm

Well...

I've told some people: at long last and recently.

about three or four people know... aside from me. One is one of my best friends: the only person who understands it. The initial reason I told her? while she never heard of Macro/vore/etc, she's a furry(and bi). I do consider myself lucky I know her. (Seeing as this is similar to BDSM, she didn't think it was weird at all.) !!! (of course, her being a furry didn't surprise me as it should have: This is someone who almost always walks around with cat ears, it was just a matter of admitting it.) :D It feels GREAT knowing there's people on your side! (not the only thing we share, but it feels good) Because of her though, I no longer feel so much of a need to come here, as the initial reason I came here was to get the illusion of being around like-minded people. Being around like-minded people works so much better!

The other people I've told: my parents don't understand it. I'm not going to make them.
My cousin came in with an open mind, but I don't see him often enough so he knows: we just don't talk about it.

On the negetive side:

I was having a talk with one of my friends who's lesbian, and we were talking about sexuality as a concept, just to play with the idea. I did come out to her, but claimed it was my cousin with these "prefrences". (Seriously, that is the BEST way to come out initally: come out as a close relative or friend, then explain it and see how it goes: only then, and maybe the next day or something, let them know that it was you that you were talking about, Hopefully they will understand, but only do so if you feel it's right: just don't force anything.) So we were talking and one of us mentioned "furry". The guy next to us who was not given any right to come into our conversation, (we were kind of doing it in an undertone) boasts out something along the lines of "FURRY!? I hate furries!" Trying to just come to some ground with this person, I challenged him on it
"why."
"Well, they're people who pretend to be animals."
"So?"
"It's wrong."
"But that's not what it is."
"Then what is it?"
I hate myself sometimes. I hate that my mind often chooses the worst times to lose my grasp on the English language and all that I said came out in bits and chunks: more of a stutter.
Then my friend came in, "It's more complicated than you think"
He backed down. Some people, you shouldn't tell, and some people you'll regret NOT telling: that you NEED to tell.

What surprised me here is that he actually knew what furry meant. (Naturally, I'm not very close friends with him, and naturally there were other things going on.)

Well this is a shortened version, but you get idea.
LudicrousArch
Gojira
Gojira

Every one knows

Postby ric9000000 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:00 pm

Gee Im the most open furry I know. I like to show it off in fact I proud to be furry and no onew can change that no matter how hard they try.
ric9000000
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby Befedelbumps » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:21 pm

no one has asked me yet, but someone will. probably
Befedelbumps
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Larc » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:01 pm

I never spoke about it with my RL friends. It must sound very strange for an outstanding person. I think my mom would call an exorcist or something like that when she finds out. :lol:
Larc
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Postby Awake-Kzintosh » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:02 pm

I don't advertise. I don't hide. I just do my thing and if people ask, I ask them if they want an honest answer or not. That gives them one last chance to feign ignorance should it bother them. *wry smile* Oddly enough, it works.

See, my view of furrydom isn't that it's an alternate sexuality equivalent to homosexuality, unless we're getting into DSM IV paraphilias here. I consider it more a specific kink equivalent to BDSM or feet or heels or leather or anything like that. It's a particular form of preference which, hopefully, doesn't keep people from being sexually active 'normally.' Therefore, I treat it as I would any other form of kink. Among friends, I occasionally joke about it (both pro- and anti-). Most of my friends know, but don't know they know, if that makes any sense. In neutral situations when it comes up, I play diabolus advocati and try to explain that, no, it's not like those horrible things on Encyclopedia Dramatica or SomethingAwful, at least not for most folks. It's an aberration, yes. But then again, so are scarves and blindfolds and foodplay and anal (of which only the last bugs me for a disease vector reason), which are all abberations from missionary-position standard.

I know I'll never be a fursuiter; that strikes me as too extreme and "flaming," as Bennie put it in the OP. I just know what I like and, well, given that what I like best is absurdly fantastical, it's good that I like things closer to home too. That being said, other people share my absurdly fantastical preferences. *looks around*
Awake-Kzintosh
Rampage
Rampage

Location: If I were 21 km tall and fell over, I'd faceplant into Tijuana.

Postby Draganta Starwind » Fri May 11, 2007 7:32 pm

If it comes up in conversation, or if I need to explain something about where I'm going (convensions) I tell them about it. Not all the naughty details, just the general stuff. :p
Draganta Starwind
Gojira
Gojira

Postby RoundedFang » Thu May 24, 2007 12:15 am

It depends on who you're talking to. For instance, I have several friends who are either furries or huge anime fans who know what it is and are used to the idea. (I even have a macro friend).

...but then again, it's not something you would want to tell a group of people you sorta know...
RoundedFang
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby AlternateArtisan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:13 am

well other than you guys, and a several other people online,

I'm just an average nobody.
the future will be better tomorrow~
AlternateArtisan
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby mmmke » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:02 pm

Quote; masternightblade I'm asexual (wanting neither male nor female), and that's true. I look at both of them, but the words SEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEX don't run through my head everytime I see an attractive person, male or female. I simply have no longing whatsoever to jump their bones. Period.

i never knew what it was called, but this is how i feel to a t. Ive hade girlfriends, just to show my parents im not gay. Ive made out with girls in front of my friend for the same reason =T.T=, but when i see a "hot" girl it just doesnt even phase me , as all of my friends just wanna loose their V card.i almost find it gross =/

As far as knowing someone in RL i have yet to meet anyone =T.T= i sometimes wonder if i ever will, i have always wabted to go to a convo, but im nervous about it idk, so thats why i feel so close to the friends i have here its just the coolest thing to me to talk to people here, rp with people here and show some of my art here.

i tend to draw furry art on my boards and in drawing class in front of my friends they just think its pretty cool, their always asking a lot of questions tho, theres a couple of kids who draw furry art in their as well so just maybe hmmm...haha (damn 4:00 a.m. what a rant)=^.^=
mmmke
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Freshmeat » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:33 am

Just my furry friend. litterally. My family just stays away from me. I dont really share it because...why? They wouldnt care. The would shrug and say "And?"
Current works:
The Thousand Year War--- 80% written, 50% typed
Larger and Larger---50% written
Deitism---coming soon
Freshmeat
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to The Polls