Gojira!

Polls on just about Anything Macro. Updated occasionally. :)

What is the best Godzilla Movie?

1954 - Godzilla: King of the Monsters (The Original)
31%
1966 - Godzilla vs The Sea Monster (Giant Lobster)
3%
1991 - Godzilla vs. Ghidrah (Giant robot Godzilla defender)
11%
1999 - Godzilla - the US movie (No stomps and too small)
27%
2003 - Godzilla GMK: All Out Monster Attack (EVERYONE!)
29%

Total votes : 112

Re: Gojira!

Postby Palanth_Dragon » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:22 am

bennie wrote:The whole list would have been to long. See:

Godzilla (1999)
Hollywood blockbuster. Hollywood flop. "The result ... directed by Roland Emmerich, was an utter disappointment, not because it wasn't spectacular, but because it wasn't Godzilla. The US Godzilla turned out to be an ordinary, albeit large, CGI lizard, without mythic resonance, without personality, without the real Godzilla's devastating indifference to humanity's weaponry. This pretender was a hunted animal, not a morally ambiguous force of nature. Gone was everything that made the world love Godzilla, and the cries went up like a soaring pteradactyl."

Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: The Giant Monsters' General Offensive (2001)
Metaphysics anyone? Godzilla was depicted as an incarnation of the war-dead and the other monsters guardian spirits seeking to protect the land from his wrath.

Godzilla GMK: All Out Monster Attack (2003)
Tie the whole story line together and try to defend the island with robot godzilla. Campy and good.

This fellow's references (not you Bennie) seem to be a bit off. There was Godzilla 2000 (made in 1999) from Toho after the US movie. Then there was Godzilla versus MegaGuirus in 2001 (made in 2000) which is my current favorite. Then, GMK in 2002 (made in 2001) which is the Giant Monsters' All Out Attack with Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah, and Baragon. Hence GMK. 2003 was the latest, Godzilla versus MechaGodzilla, or GxMG (made in 2002). So his last two are mixed up as far as titles go (and he missed a couple of good ones). But content-wise he has them right. (note, this is all just commentary to add to the list of movies, not intended to deliberately point out mistakes)

Admittedly, most of the movies from 1989 onwards have been difficult to get in the States. But eBay is usually the best source, as well as your friendly local fansubber.

I would have to write in Godzilla versus MegaGuirus as my favorite, with 1954, 1991, and GMK my next choices (not necessarily in that order). Coug'r has it right with GMK and the 1954 original, definitely. And MesaDragon's comments on 1991 are also right on target. So I would guess I have several favorites. }:=8>
Palanth_Dragon
Newbie / Lurker
Newbie / Lurker

Postby Shoryu » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:10 pm

US godzilla all the way, not just because of da destruction and the stomps, because he was simply beautiful the amount of detail americans put into him was beautiful. his feet were gorgeous, his calws were beautiful, his body was long and sleek instead of stubby and fat. i'd do anything to get to play wit dat sexy lizard. x3
Shoryu
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Location: um, just look up, you can't possiby miss me, no matter where you are, except underground, maybe.

Postby Sharif » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:10 am

Sharif
Newbie / Lurker
Newbie / Lurker

Postby Larc » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:22 am

The US Godzilla!!!

She (he he) is one of the most attractive movie monsters I have ever
seen. :oops:
Never seen such beautiful paws before.

... and it is so unpleasant to be born pregnant :roll:
Larc
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Postby Wolfman-Al » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:34 am

Oh, I love them all, exept the fake american "Godzilla"...
My faves have to be the original Godzilla from 1954, Godzilla vs Smog Monster from 1971 (a very dark and grimm movie that is surprisingly critical towards enviromenal pollution for its time), Godzilla 1985 from 1984 which was a great revival of the merchandise, Godzilla and Mothra Battle for Earth from 1992 (mostly because of the cute, little cosmo twins) and Godzilla vs Destoroyah from 1995 because it is actually one of the few movies where I cried at the end!
Back to how much I rule...

My comic: http://www.airpatrolonline.net/

Headbutting italian footballplayers for fun and profit.
Wolfman-Al
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Archosaur » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:58 pm

Godzilla GMK.

Let's face it, as much as I love the idea of Godzilla as a defender, it's fun to watch giant monsters be destructive. GMK is also the only time you actually see Godzilla eat anyone. Let's face it: a 300' carnosaur is going to eat sometime.
Archosaur
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby LeftHeadGrave » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:09 am

you know, aside from loveing "final wars" and space godzilla... once the american godzilla hit the animation it got a lot better. had the original godzilla's fighting spirit. to bad the movie starred a giant wuss-quana
"Yo Macro so big, she needs a moon to make a coconut shell bra!"
LeftHeadGrave
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macromarc » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:59 pm

the US godzilla looks much better then gojira, and I like it better in it's more animalistic way, rather then the gojira who's status is so much more complicated.

SO yea, american godzilla was better. and the animated series that folowed was great.
macromarc
Rampage
Rampage

Re: Gojira!

Postby dark_fox » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:20 pm

Yall might hate me for this, but I liked the US version.

I liked the detail, the aspect of weight. I know the corny visuals of the original... well, that's what made it classic, but I like realism, and seeing the details of even how his claws flattened against the ground appealed more to me. I hope to get into 3D animation myself, and do that level of detail with macro!
dark_fox
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Previous

Return to The Polls