Gojira!

Polls on just about Anything Macro. Updated occasionally. :)

What is the best Godzilla Movie?

1954 - Godzilla: King of the Monsters (The Original)
31%
1966 - Godzilla vs The Sea Monster (Giant Lobster)
3%
1991 - Godzilla vs. Ghidrah (Giant robot Godzilla defender)
11%
1999 - Godzilla - the US movie (No stomps and too small)
27%
2003 - Godzilla GMK: All Out Monster Attack (EVERYONE!)
29%

Total votes : 112

Postby ROGUE » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:31 pm

I disagree with Malcolm. I've watched that movie VERY closely, and there is NO body count at all.

If other folks had seen GMK, they would have voted for it. But it's too new!
ROGUE
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Tonamel » Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:56 am

I had to vote for King of Monsters. Not for any macro-related reason, really. I just can't stop thinking that the movie would be better titled "Godzilla vs. Perry Mason". :D
I don't understand the candy companies. 'Fun Size' means much, much bigger, right?
Tonamel
Gojira
Gojira

Hrm...

Postby Kitana » Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:46 am

Well, I picked Godzilla vs. Ghidrah, dunno, of the choices it was that or King of Monsters. I pointed at the screen with my eyes closed. *chuckle*
Personally those two and Destroy All Monsters are my favorites, but are all pretty darn equal in my mind. All of the dai-kaiju movies from the past 50 years have been like treasures to me, and I watch whenever I get the chance. :) However, I will say that I did enjoy the US film in the 90s. It wasn't great or even on par with the japanese films, and hell it wasn't even Godzilla really, but it was a fun giant monster romp even if it was severely lacking in casualties.

You know... I'm gonna play some G:DAMM. ;) I am eagerly awaiting Coug'r's reply to this thread.
Kitana
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Postby SenorPhrog » Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:25 am

I own a Gamecube, I like giants, and I STILL don't have Destroy All Monsters Melee. I blame lack of funding. Curse you, joblessnesssss! :evil:
SenorPhrog
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

GMK

Postby Cougr » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:27 am

I've seen "Godzilla GMK" three times and it's my favorite. Kicks *SO* much ass! One SERIOUSLY pissed off Big G, who was also fast, powerful and *SMART*. He wasn't a lumbering monster. He was an angry Force of Nature out to kick *everbody's* ass! The movie is a move away from the old Toho slow-moving yawn fests of the last few years. We even get a definite people stomp for the first time in any Godzilla movie.

I have incredible respect for the Original "Godzilla: King of the Monsters", though. That was a film. It still have power and really sets the mood beautifully. It would have been my top choice, I think.

I'm wondering why "Destroy All Monsters" was kicked off the list for the US Godzilla movie. I'm far from a purist, but I don't consider the US movie to be a Godzilla movie. It's a remake of "Beast from 20,000 Fathoms". Devlin just needed the world-wide name recognition with the "Godzilla" name. Don't get me wrong. I *like* the movie. Sexy monster. Best claws *ever*. But, as they say in Neo Monster Island, it's "G.I.N.O." "Godzilla In Name Only".

And there are *no* people stepped on in that movie. Not even by accident. Look closer and in slo-mo and you'll see that no one falls under a claw. Even the scene on South Street towards the fish markets. The guy going across from left to right when the claw *STOMPS* down right in front of the camera reappears at the right of the claw. The monster stepped *over* where he was running. Bummer. :P I just blank out those few frames and imagine the crunch. So disappointing.

coug'r
Cougr
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby bennie » Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:43 am

I'm wondering why "Destroy All Monsters" was kicked off the list for the US Godzilla movie.

Whoops! It wasn't kicked off. I missed putting it on the list. I added the US Godzilla movie just because it was fairly likely that even if you aren't a 'zilla fan, you saw it. Movie hype can do that.
bennie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CashewLou » Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:16 am

To be honest, this will have to be the first poll here on mac.com where I can't with any good conscience cast a vote. I have seen a few of the Godzilla movies, but I never really got into them all that much.

I did enjoy the Matthew Broderick version--because I really like Matthew Broderick--until I found out from Godzilla purists that the movie took way too many liberties with the genre that is the Big G.

Ah, well. Live and learn.

Lou
I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
CashewLou
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Nimah » Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:43 pm

I voted for The original...mainly coz I haven't seen enough or the films...Something I'm trying to rectify coz the ones I've managed to see kick ass...My proplem is i can never find any of them...
Nimah
Rampage
Rampage

Postby Rexx » Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:28 am

* chuckles* now here comes the total shocker. I'm not a hueg godzilla nut i can't really pick a favorite;) I like them yet im not enthralled or muxst own them. I think My macrophila was just there. as i wasnt exposed to alot of godzilla , Though my dad and mom both watch godzilla frequently when i was young So perhaps it is because my parents watched it ao much im not a huge fan;) But hmm I'd have to say the mecha godzilla looks nifty;) And I LOVE playing Destroy all monsters Melee there's even a mode for destruction.. * mmmmms and wags*
Rexx
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby puc » Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:40 am

I would like to submit a formal protest for the intentional and damaging slander that has also prevented a legitimate and accurate poll reading from being taken.

Quote: 1999 - Godzilla - the US movie (No stomps and too small)

There were stomps! He stepped on things. And . . and . . everything was at ankle-level! There's lotsa reasons to like that movie! Jean Reno -- the sexy French man -- was in it, too!

You're stacking the deck! I object! It's not fair!

*grump*
~Puc
puc
Rampage
Rampage

PreviousNext

Return to The Polls