Favorite size-shifting "device"

Polls on just about Anything Macro. Updated occasionally. :)

Favorite Form of Size-Shifting

Just an arbitrary, inherent ability
36%
Magic powers
23%
Hi-Tech device
13%
Liquid/potion
21%
Unlisted
7%

Total votes : 372

Postby EzcheeseSorceror » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:20 am

Me, I always like the method of "Plot device." By which I mean that the person in mind doesn't particularly want to grow/shrink, but just happens to be there at the wrong time. I like seeing how they deal with it.
"At least I have chicken."
~Ancient Klingon proverb~

"Wait. If God kills a kitten every time I beat off, what happens when a kitten does? Or God does for that matter!?!?!"
~Me, with way too much pot in my system.~
EzcheeseSorceror
Newbie / Lurker
Newbie / Lurker

Postby Gizmo » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:18 am

*picks option xyzpdq* any and all ways are cool, though with my muck characters i try to stay away from just being able to make my size change on my own. mostly cause it's not fun if noones playing with you
Gizmo
Rampage
Rampage

Re: Food!

Postby xxDrewmanxx » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:16 am

I think all of these are cool! :lol:
I thought the 4 x's in my username would make me appear as if I most dangerous macro the universe can contain. Obviously I wasn't thinking clearly, at the time...

My FurBase! http://furbase.bigfurs.com/display.php?id=2905
xxDrewmanxx
Gojira
Gojira

magic's the easy way out

Postby mejeep » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:01 am

Despite being an engineer and loving technology, I have to go with "magic" for size changing. I prefer being tiny but I want to survive the experience. No matter how much I try to wrap my brain around it, the only way to avoid technobabble and plot holes is to just say "it's magic that protects me from danger" instead of constantly explaining in the story (or just to myself) how everything works.

Magic is a flexible way to accomplish the effect, for it allows shrinking oneself or others. I prefer placing a shrink spell on things, usually under the condition that it's to catch and trap a thief from stealing my stuff, even if it's just my sneakers or sandals. That way, others can trigger the shrink effect by something they did intentionally instead of being victimized unintentionally.

That's why I like Soreh's reply: I prefer a "old pair of magic pink socks of size shifting!!!

Stealing socks is a ferret-thing, so OF COURSE I'm particularly drawn to magic socks (ferrets think ALL socks are magic!)
mejeep
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Postby theyoshifanboy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:14 pm

As an abillity i say.

magic is the same, but i like it as an abillity so you can grow to amazing heights, my RP Yoshi has this ability.

growth rays are a problem, if u use it one ur selef, then after a while, u'll get to big, potions/luiqud's are the same since 1 may not be much growth...unless it is. but after a while, they be too small, and u may crush the beaker with ur massive hands.
theyoshifanboy
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Location: Look up and behind you, you may see me, towering over you.

Postby Mif9po » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:03 pm

As long as there is growth, I don't care how it's done.

I chose magic.
I'm me.
Mif9po
Rampage
Rampage

Postby mario62690 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:11 pm

i likedoing it mysel, makes for good help against people who wants to bother you >=3
Fun in the Sun ^^
mario62690
Newbie / Lurker
Newbie / Lurker

Postby DoItForScience » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:26 am

Growth doesn't do much for me... I much prefer the idea of something/someone that only knows how to be one kind of big. xB
DoItForScience
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby Blackrose » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:32 am

I kinda go for a magical approach, namely my character is small until a full moon, so its kinda like a werewolf thing actually. I sorta chose that namely cause its fun being big, but then there are people I know that are smaller... and you know, playing games with them isn't fun when they or in the inside of my instep when I 'accidentally' crush them ^^;

Plus, I love werewolves and the moon, so it works for me :3
Blackrose
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Growth Potion (also including Growth Foods)

Postby Dael Macro » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:36 am

The reason that I chose using a potion, is because when someone makes a potion, they probably mix up a lot of different things which have different uses, individually.
This allows that macro-er to have fun with the effects of the potion other than growth.
It could also make the ingestor have the ability to grow at will, or it could make the ingestor not only grow to a specific size, but make the ingestor grow bigger continously giving us more macro moments.
And lastly, I like the idea of eating something that makes you bigger, because it kind of has a more "real" feeling to it.
Like when you eat a piece of meat that macro's you, you feel for yourself that you are growing, but when someone points a Growth Ray at you, it seems that everything else is just getting smaller, since the growth you are experiencing is happening externally, not internally.
Dael Macro
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

PreviousNext

Return to The Polls