A new toy?

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

A new toy?

Postby Altaica » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:01 am

I'm taking a short break from Elle. Here is a short, 3 part. series of a giant she bear that finds what she thinks is a new toy.

Here a 141 foot tall bear finds an interesting construct in her way. She lays gingerly on it and is surprised when a Disney style monorail comes up to her, brakes squealing. She puts her hand out to stop it from hitting her, and notices the operator inside.

BTW, I did do daytime renders, but I think the night time shots lend more atmosphere to the story.
Attachments
Newtoy.png
A new toy for the bear?
Newtoy.png (506.28 KiB) Viewed 716 times
Currently out of system on the Lion's Den.

Head of WEA/DEF/SEC for the Lion's Den.
Commander Altaica Powell
Altaica
Gojira
Gojira

Re: A new toy?

Postby Altaica » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:35 am

Here the bear is kneeling and has picked up the lead car to look at the operator's cab more closely.
Attachments
Closerlook.jpg
A closer look at her possible new toy.
Closerlook.jpg (119.53 KiB) Viewed 677 times

Commander Altaica Powell
Altaica
Gojira
Gojira

Postby Altaica » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:47 pm

And the third, and final, installment.

The bear decides to take the monorail home with her to inspect it in more detail. However she is either unaware or does not care that the rear cars are being destroyed by being dragged across the ground and the couplings were not designed for such vertical curves.
Attachments
goinghome.jpg
Taking her new toy home.
goinghome.jpg (126.19 KiB) Viewed 605 times

Commander Altaica Powell
Altaica
Gojira
Gojira

Postby -F74M3F0X » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:28 am

Definitely seems like the conductor and passengers will be remembering this night either way! Also, I've always wondered what the creators of pieces like this envision for the character's past. Like, how come they haven't seen this part, or any, of society before?
"... Don't be distracted by the 'what if's', 'should of's', and 'if only's'. The one thing you choose yourself, that is the truth of your universe." -Kamina, TTGL.
-F74M3F0X
Gojira
Gojira

Postby Altaica » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:39 pm

-F74M3F0X wrote:Definitely seems like the conductor and passengers will be remembering this night either way! Also, I've always wondered what the creators of pieces like this envision for the character's past. Like, how come they haven't seen this part, or any, of society before?

To answer your questions, I normally have no world building in mind when I do these. The series with "Elle" is an exception. The inspiration of the images just happen, with no set up. Basically, in this case, "What would happen if a macro came across a monorail track and train?" The basic scene just forms itself inside my head. In this series you could imagine she is not of that world and somehow found herself there, for whatever reason.

There plenty of other scenes that, for various reasons, are not shown. Some of the reasons are that I am not talented enough to do the scene properly, I do not have the proper models and one of the biggies is that I want to keep everything no worse than PG-13. My boss does view this site, knows who I am, and I do not want to give him any reason to doubt my character.

Commander Altaica Powell
Altaica
Gojira
Gojira

Postby -F74M3F0X » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:32 pm

Yea, that's probably for the best. It does suck, however, when work politics impact how one has to behave outside of work online. Good thing creativity has infinite possibilities, keep up the good work!
"... Don't be distracted by the 'what if's', 'should of's', and 'if only's'. The one thing you choose yourself, that is the truth of your universe." -Kamina, TTGL.
-F74M3F0X
Gojira
Gojira

Return to Macro Art