Space Pirate Sinesse & Crew

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Re: Space Pirate Sinesse & Crew

Postby macrokat » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:46 am

Thanks. Elsie is definitely a cute and fun little character, and the common sense of the Crimson Queen crew, which is actually a more challenging position to be in than one might think. Especially when the captain is a huge feline who finds toying with the little pink mouse girl to be a great way to relax and have fun during down time. XD
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby littlepeople » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:53 pm

I think Sinesse must really like her though. Yes sometimes Elsie gets tangled in toes and must wonder just how far Sinesse will go. But in the end Sinesse appreciates the little mouse girl. Hopefully Elsie will enjoy a long life. :)
Know the fear..do it anyway/never let 'em see you sweat
littlepeople
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Postby macrokat » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:48 pm

You would be right. In fact Sinesse likes all of her crew. Of course she can't exactly show it, I mean she's a big tough pirate captain with an image to protect. So, they're much more likely to get the tough exterior than any hints of her true feelings. But, she has her own unique ways of looking out for them.

Elsie in particular though, everyone likes Elsie, not just because she's cute and enjoyably colored, no, also because of a secret. Little does Elsie, or anyone on the Crimson Queen at the moment, realize that Elsie is actually a muse. Or a futuristic space version of one at least. ;)

Elsie unknowingly puts out telepathic waves that help encourage people to like her. They also enhance people's strongest assets. For example, if you like building things, maybe you hit a wall, can't figure out how to get past a particular design issue, spend a little time with Elsie and all of a sudden the creative juices are flowing free again and the formerly impossible problem seems like no big deal.

Elsie is actually one of the few people on the crew Sinesse can actually occasionally open up to though, which is a mixed blessing for the little woman. Mostly because Sinesse knows that if Elsie ever blabbed or let a secret slip, there's no shortage of things she could do to make the tiny woman regret it. But, Elsie's got some pretty solid common sense so, she's not likely to make those sort of mistakes, luckily for her.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby littlepeople » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:50 am

So are you more like Elsie or like Sinesse or a little of each? :wink:
littlepeople
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Postby macrokat » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:17 am

Lol That's a tricky one. I think everyone puts a bit of themselves into their characters, but they tend to change or be taken to an extreme over time.

In this case though I guess I'd have to say more similar to Elsie, because Sin is just such a big personality. XD There are certainly moments where I wouldn't mind being able to be as intimidating and unshakable as her. But, the more down to earth, common sensed Elsie is much more easily relatable in most situations.

At least I don't have to deal with the same sort of threats and situations she does. She certainly takes all of her predicaments in stride.

For a bit more background, Elsie is an ex-slave. She and her friend Four, were slaves and were being put up at auction when Sinesse happened to come across the event. She immediately became entranced with little pink Elsie and had to have her as a new toy. So, she made her way into the auction and, after some violence... made her way off with Elsie, though her friend Four (A normal sized empath) tagged along as well. Rather than be separated from each other, since they provided each other support while enslaved, Four offered to join the crew of the CQ under the condition that if he failed to meet expectations, Sinesse would get rid of him. However if he proved useful, he could eventually become a full fledged crewmember, and possibly even pave the way for Elsie to become a crewmate as well.

Obviously things worked out eventually, and upon joining the crew Elsie even gained an exo-suit to allow her to fit in with her larger crewmates on equal terms. Well, almost... Sinesse is still huge and towers several feet over everyone else regardless. ;)
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby littlepeople » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:29 am

I think I can relate more to Elsie too. What are your plans for continuing this series? I noticed you have been away for a while so I assume you had other work to do. I am very glad to see you back. :D
littlepeople
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Postby macrokat » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:56 pm

Well, despite the fact the characters are so fun, and I enjoy the setting. I'm not sure this one will ever be more than just an occasional strip or gag. The setting I've created for them is a big one, and doing it justice would require a lot of concentration which, unfortunately, I can't give to that sort of project right now.

I have been doing a little work though with some other fun characters called Beware the sorceress! You can see the first few pages over here: http://kat352234.deviantart.com/art/Bts ... 35079&qo=5

It's a fantasy comedy about a necromancer and the strange things she goes through in her attempts to conquer the world.

I keep hoping some day I'll actually be able to devote the time to these things that I want, but, work and life always seem to have other plans.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mightymouse » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:13 am

aw yes, family always first. Same with me. Will take a look at your DA 8)
mightymouse
Newbie / Lurker
Newbie / Lurker

Previous

Return to Macro Art