Little Red

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Re: Little Red

Postby NeoVid » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:46 pm

I often have to remind myself to stop overthinking when it makes things less fun. Remember, the very first page of Little Red established that this comic is using cartoonish logic.

That said, I like that you've put some real thought into the fact that Kat and Amanda managed to raise a genuinely good person, but only by constantly hiding the truth about themselves. Drama!
Founder of the Macrophilia Overthinking Society
NeoVid
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby El_Dustino » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:57 am

...So I knew that that was Sarah, and I was really happy to see her back, I really liked that series... :3

Sorry, I could probably ramble more, but I have not read enough of MacroKat's stories, so I might not be as enlightened as everyone else. :3 The conversation seems to have slowed to a less serious point anyways, so my bringing finished shit up would be pointless.

Anyways, liked the page, and am eagerly awaiting to see what happens next with this development. :3 And I personally would like to see Chloe and Clare show back up again, they were the first comic of yours I started reading I think. Leanan also supports more fairy... like creatures existing. :3

Uhg, on a random aside, I just have to proclaim some annoyance at how my mind gets so abuzz with ideas when I need to go to sleep? Such an annoying thing... I either go to sleep and don't cultivate them, or try to do something with them, and screw up my sleeping schedule. So unfair! ...But this is not even REMOTELY related, all this talk about various stories and characterization just made me do a lot of thinking on some of the ideas I had laying around (was doing that today already though). Got to get on them. I HAVE the time... just need to make use of it. But I am still rambling about someting very off topic. Stop it.

Anyways, also somewhat off topic, but closer, I like your idea Arbon, specifically with one of the captives ending up related to the giant, so I would really enjoy it if you wrote that up. :3 A very interesting angle that I do not think is seen often.

1/2 Fairy Hero Yo!
El_Dustino
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Narzain » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:16 pm

First, MK, thanks for giving me flashbacks to Wash and his toy dinosaurs; that's a happy thought. Hooded capes are not a good wardrobe choice in a chase scene...

For just a moment, I thought Amanda had nommed Jerry. (And nice Goku riff with the smokey-flamey powerup.) Then I remembered, oh yeah, Kat was still in there, wasn't she? Ooooooops.

I do like the 'hanging with the sheep' idea. For some reason, I see a Wallace and Gromit-like image of Kat holding up a flashlight with a bunch of wide-eyed sheep all around her...
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... and sometimes we just snuggle.

The only thing I draw well is a blank.
Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby StarryAqua » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:13 am

Damn. I'm late to the continuation of this comic again :'( Oh well, better late than never.

Comedic value is still there. And, oh no, Amanda swallowed Kat! O.O Now I gotta wonder how Kat is going to respond to this once she gets out of Amanda's belly. ^_^

And thanks again for the thorough explanation on Amanda. I'm glad to see she still somewhat maintains those evil features she originally began with, thought I don't know if she still maintains them all. I remember when she was originally introduced, she had a paw fetish.
Humans are such easy prey!
StarryAqua
Rampage
Rampage

Postby flitchard » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:07 am

Wuh oh! Something tells me we're about to witness the sequel: The Little Bad Wolf and BIG Red Riding Hood!
Who's the most remarkable, extraordinary fellow?

YOU!!!

Sindbad the Sailor!
flitchard
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:01 am

I've had this page waiting to be finished for weeks now, finally got to it. Looks like Kat's OK, thanks to the miraculous macro stomach pump. That thing probably sees a bit of use with some macros too, or just accident prone people in general.
Attachments
Little Red 020.jpg
Little Red 020.jpg (259.87 KiB) Viewed 1027 times
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby NeoVid » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:30 am

But... are the sheep OK? :lol:

See, this is why being experienced enough to take proper precautions is clearly a good thing!

Looks like the next act of the play will need re-casting. ...I suggest Amanda as Granny.

(And, my cheap joke about the sheep made me overthink: Amanda couldn't be tiny right now if there was a flock of sheep in there, could she?)
NeoVid
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:03 am

If Amanda knew of things like that, Kat would be in serious trouble. XD
Amanda would be in Heaven, loving it, Kat... She'd probably use the down time to plot some very elaborate and quite notable payback. Though it would probably be a good safety precaution... Just in case. If Kat sees a bottle suddenly appear in Amanda's night stand, she'll know to be on guard. ;)

Lol and you're right, she couldn't be tiny with an entire flock of sheep inside of her. They're probably being removed from the wet dry va-- stomach pump* right now and getting dried and refluffed.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby NeoVid » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:20 am

...Suddenly I'm picturing an upcoming scene of a flock of traumatized sheep getting therapy.
NeoVid
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby kool kitty89 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:54 pm

NeoVid wrote:But... are the sheep OK? :lol:

See, this is why being experienced enough to take proper precautions is clearly a good thing!

This is actually something I've given a lot of thought . . . the whole consensual/accidental vore survival tropes thing.

The science geek in me knows there's a reason that this specific example (and several similar ones) would be a pretty bad idea.

You know what the active ingredient in Tums is? Calcium carbonate. You know what happens to carbonates (or bicarbonates) when they react with acids (aside from neutralizing it)? Lots of CO2 (carbon dioxide) gets released. (ever seen vinegar with baking soda?)

CO2 is heavier than air, so will tend to concentrate and displace air on lower portions of a contained space (or room, for that matter). It would not only displace a lot of (whatever remaining) air there was, but the increased CO2 levels themselves can cause other problems, even if there's enough breathable oxygen left. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercapnia (most notably the psychological panic response to elevated CO2 levels)

Now, there's a very common viable alternative available that totally avoids those problems, and it's typical commercial form has some other bonuses for making such an . . . experience less unpleasant.
It's probably obvious to any other science/chemistry geeks around here, and I'm tempted to detail it right now, but I have my reasons for holding back. (this is already on the verge of being spoiler as it is :p )

Oh, and a related, but totally non-spoiler-relevant note: acids aren't the nastiest stuff in gastric juices found in the stomach . . . it's the enzymes that do most of the real work (the hydrochloric acid in most/all mammals -and most other animals- is pretty dilute, really), but the acid is a powerful catalyst for many of those enzymes, so neutralizing it would indeed largely render the enzymes passive as well. (more so if the pH was actually pushed beyond neutral, and into the slightly basic/alkaline range)
And that's not getting into how difference species have different sets and concentrations of enzymes actually present, most extreme would be true herbivores vs obligate carnivores -like all Felids. (anything in-between -preferential carnivores, like most canids, or true omnivores- would vary in-between somewhat, both in content and concentration)
kool kitty89
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Macro Art