Kali's Birthday surprise

A place for the artistic folks to post their latest creations and seek feedback.

Re: Kali's Birthday surprise

Postby macrokat » Thu May 10, 2012 9:34 pm

El_Dustino wrote:
Narzain wrote:Awww! That is just about the sweetest thing I've read in quite a while. I really like this story.

Totes Sweeite. X3 This was an adorable little comic; I really loved reading it, and it really brightened up the past few days. Also, considering that it was the comic that spurred me to try my hand at copying an image, which led me to get back into drawing... yeah, I am really happy for this comnic. X3

Good job MacroKat, and thank you. :3

Much love, Lexi.

Weird, I know that I just posted this (more orless), but when I looked, my post was not there... I am worried that I sent it somewhere else now.

Definitely glad you enjoyed it. Basically any time I do a story/comic. Its just because I want to. But its always great to hear other people like it too, definitely makes it seem more worthwhile, and of course its good to know it made someone happy. ;)

Hopefully your urge to draw works out and we might even see some of the results. For now though, glad you like it. :D
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby El_Dustino » Thu May 10, 2012 9:42 pm

It is great to hear about artists like you, really. :3 This site is lucky to have you.

And, well, I have got practice in every day since (so, only three days total X3 ). Even practiced in public, which I have never done. X3 It just feels... right. I just need to keep my expectations in check so that I do not get bummed out by my beginner's ability. That has always been my downfall. :(

Either way... as terrified as I am of it, I would so love to be comfortable enough, and able enough, to put something of mine up here. X3 One day...

Oh! But, I should not ramble about me in your topic. So, any idea what is up next in the world of MacroKat comics? :3

1/2 Fairy Hero Yo!
El_Dustino
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Thu May 10, 2012 10:53 pm

:lol: THAT is a tricky one. XD
I've had a few scripts done for a while, a story involving Milenna the genie and why you don't try to trick a genie. Not a comedy by the way, very much not.
There's a Chloe and Clare script where Sarah's dolls come to life and the girls have to figure out what to do.
A comic with Amanda where she plays with Kat's car...
As well as old projects I should finish, like Emily the mouse's, or Marie minks...

So there's a LOT of things that could be done. The trick is finding the inspiration and desire to actually commit to one. O.O
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby El_Dustino » Thu May 10, 2012 11:12 pm

They all sound quiet nice. :3 Well, the way you put the one involving Milenna makes me think it might be a sort of snuff comic... but, still. :3 If I had to choose a favourite of the idea, or what I would most like to see, well, I would love to see Chloe and Clare again, because they were the first of your characters I saw. :3 Then again, do not let me push you into anything; doing things out of obligation is never the way.

In general, I do hope that the inspiration and desire is not hard to come by. :(

1/2 Fairy Hero Yo!
El_Dustino
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby timid-wolf » Wed May 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Very cute! ^^ I loved that
timid-wolf
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Fri May 18, 2012 5:31 am

timid-wolf wrote:Very cute! ^^ I loved that

Thanks, glad you like it. :D

And El, nah its not too hard to come by, but it doesn't hurt to take a little break and do something different every once in a while just to keep things interesting either.

It has been a while since Chloe's made an appearance, so it probably will be that one.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby flitchard » Sat May 19, 2012 12:40 am

Is the Millena one related to the one where Minsten's friends ended up smaller than a flea to her??
Who's the most remarkable, extraordinary fellow?

YOU!!!

Sindbad the Sailor!
flitchard
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Sat May 19, 2012 12:46 am

flitchard wrote:Is the Millena one related to the one where Minsten's friends ended up smaller than a flea to her??

No. That comic was just a commission Minsten requested. The Milenna story I mentioned here was strictly about her. It actually shows more of her scheming side and how you may think your in control, but you really have to be careful when dealing with a clever genie. Not a side of Milenna we see very often around here.
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby flitchard » Sat May 19, 2012 3:17 am

Also could we see a comic of Kali as a giant, playing with Kat? How big CAN she get?
Who's the most remarkable, extraordinary fellow?

YOU!!!

Sindbad the Sailor!
flitchard
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby macrokat » Sat May 19, 2012 3:45 am

flitchard wrote:Also could we see a comic of Kali as a giant, playing with Kat? How big CAN she get?

Well that's basically what happened at the end of this comic. Kat didn't shrink herself, Amanda, and consequently Kali, are naturally macros. So the house is scaled for their size, since there's two of them and only one normal sized Kat. So this is a macro Kali playing with a normal sized Kat. Considering she's 6 years old in this one and Kat's just a bit bigger than her hand Kali's probably around the 40 to 50 ft range in this comic.

How big CAN she get? Amanda's naturally 100 ft. So probably somewhere around there at a natural resting state, how far could she push herself to grow to though? Don't know. :/
o..o ~squeak~
(\/)S
macrokat
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Macro Art