University Days

Archive of the "Macro Story" forum.

University Days

Postby Befedelbumps » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:49 am

I'm hoping to expand on this. Hopefully into the adult section. :D
Sorry about the layout, i need some help in this area. :oops:

I hate hospitals. They’re always full to the brim with people. Full of people with broken legs, terminal illnesses or worse. You invariably get put in a corridor because ‘they don’t have room’, this gets told to you every time you ask a simple question by the, supposedly, busy nurses. When they do this, you know that they’re heading off for their umpteenth coffee break. Worst of all is the food. Obviously they have hired Baldrick from Blackadder to do the catering for all the hospitals in the world. So I was sitting in my hospital bed, with eight breakages to my various bones. I looked like The Mummy after being set in concrete.
“Your girlfriend is here to see you,” said one of the nurses, “she says that she blames herself and will pay for your treatment.” She rightly blamed herself, as she had just witnessed me score the match winning try for the University team, so she hugged me. This would have been fine, if she hadn’t broken all the bones in my body. Just then, I saw a large shadow approaching the doorway.

University looked to be a good four years for me, apart from not having a girlfriend. My mate Greg had chosen to study law at Victoria, so we became roommates. I had known Greg since I was a kid in Palmerston North. He had always been the hard working person in the class. I was a bit like the middle man. Not a nerd but I wasn’t going to flunk. I was still like this when I walked in through the University gates all those months ago.
“Greg Peterson and Steve Aldridge?” called the Halls Master, “You will be in room 212.” I picked up my bag and followed Greg to our new home.
It wasn’t huge, but it was a fair size. It was around the size of an Executive Suite in a five-star hotel. So it was big enough for both of us.
“Nice,” Greg said, “two bedrooms. Which one do you want? I don’t mind.”
“I suppose the one with the window. Is that ok?”
“I was hoping you were going to say that, because I hate windows.” We both laughed.
I knew because we were in Wellington and on a fault line that there would be tremors, but there had already been three today, and then I felt another one.
“What the hell is with Wellington? I know they’ve all been small but three in one day?” I exclaimed. I had no time to think about this because classes were starting that day.

I pushed the door of the German room open to find it already full.
“Ah, Mr Aldridge. I see you’ve decided to join us.” This remark was made by the teacher who taught three languages in school, Mr van Ackler. He’s Dutch, and they all speak 4 languages and smoke marijuana. “Your seat is waiting by the window.” He had known my parents and had helped me get into Victoria. “Please don’t forget how you got here, Steven Aldridge.”

He set us a German paper to see how much we already knew. I had just finished so I glanced at my watch, 20 minutes to spare. As I gazed out of the window, I saw someone approaching. This wasn’t just anyone, this was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. I was mesmerised by her. Even when she handed me a note through the open window, I still continued to stare at her. It was only after she had gone did I read the note. ‘Meet me by the oak tree at 1:00’

As the bell rang to signal the end of class and the beginning of lunch-break, I hurriedly packed up my things. I was so excited. I thought that I had finally hit on someone. I raced out of the room and walked quickly down the hallway so not cause unnecessary attention.
The sunlight was blinding as I pushed the big double doors open which lead to the grounds. The wind flicked past through nearby trees making the crisp green leaves rustle. The light danced across the surface of the small lake near the science block. I took all this in as I walked down to the large oak tree that stood at the very bottom of the grounds. Its peeling bark jutted out at sharp angles causing it to look rather foreboding. Yet, this was the most romantic spot at Victoria.

I whistled for a bit while I waited. I glanced down at my watch. It said 1:03. I looked up to see the girl who wrote me the note gliding down to where I stood. She had to be a model, with her long dark hair, her beautiful brown eyes which sparkled with enthusiasm. She came right up close, brushing branches aside as she approached. She smiled down at me as I stared up at her, dumbfounded. She must have been the tallest person I had ever seen. She must have been around fifteen feet tall as I barely came up to her waist.
“Hi, I’m Jane.” She said, holding her hand out for me to shake it.
“I’m Steve.” I replied, taking her hand. Her hand was massive. It wrapped around mine twice with more room to spare.
“I’ve got a free afternoon, so, if you’re free, would you like to come back to my place?” she asked. This was an offer I couldn’t refuse. As I was free every afternoon, I accepted. She led me to the main entrance and showed her student card. “I have my own place just down the road, I hope you don’t mind.” I shook my head.

She certainly did have her own place. It was on a small track leading off the road for about 100 metres. The door to her house was massive, just tall enough for her not to have to duck. The inside of her house was amazing. All the doors were of the same proportions as the front door. She led me into her living room. She sat me down on a sofa which she had to lift me onto.
“Would you like a drink of anything?” she asked.
“No thanks. I’m fine.” I said as she started to shift closer to me on the sofa. She looked me over.
“Now, I don’t care what you say, but I want you to be my boyfriend. All the other guys I’ve approached have run off, literally. But you’re different. You seem to be attracted to me. Am I right?” She said this all with quite a lot of charm, but the last part had a hint of forcefulness about it. I nodded. “Good. I don’t think you’d like me when I’m angry.” I shivered at the thought of what she could do. “So, what do you fancy doing on the first day of our relationship?” I shrugged.
“I don’t mind,” I said, “how about dinner here and I stay the night?” This suggestion was taken up instantly.
“There’s only one bed, I’m afraid.” She said, looking slightly worried.
“I don’t mind, we could squeeze up.” She flashed a smile, a knowing smile which sent me a message that I was in for quite a night.

This was the start of a very action packed relationship. Such a difference in size would set up such a scenario. She’s asked that I don’t say much about it but what I can say is that the evenings are the best part, if you know what I mean.
Befedelbumps
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Scream » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:36 am

dang.... lucky strike!
THe story is very well written, i must say!
keep going with this story, there is alot to look forward to.
Scream
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Befedelbumps » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:42 am

Scream wrote:dang.... lucky strike!
THe story is very well written, i must say!
keep going with this story, there is alot to look forward to.

i think i might start an extended and 'adult' version of it, unless there are any complaints
Befedelbumps
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Return to Archive: Macro Story