From the Country to the City. (outside my usual series)

Archive of the "Macro Story" forum.

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Mon May 03, 2004 2:34 am

And now, for Joey's reaction!

Joey felt everything stop. He either had tunnel vision or something close to it as Rachel, one of the sweetest, prettiest, and most good-natured girls he ever met, told him that she was a macrofur, one of the most lethal, dangerous, and vicious things he’d ever heard of. “You just pretended to be a macrofur, right?” He whispered, thinking he had misheard, “you know, just to fool him.” Rachel had shared a similar appearance to the macro, so therefore that would explain it.

“I fooled him, yes,” she nodded solemnly, “but it’s true, Joey. I’m sorry, but I am what I said I was.” Rachel then took a step forward, probably wanting to embrace him, but before he could stop himself Joey was stumbling back. Despite his sudden fear the fox still felt guilty when he saw the look she gave him. It was one of extreme pain, yet not the physical kind.

But even so, this was a macrofur before him. Joey could barely breathe and think straight due to his terror at an otherwise innocent-looking person. His heart pounded in his chest and every instinct told him to run before she became what had just destroyed an entire city block. If Rachel wanted to do ANYTHING to him he knew he was powerless to stop her, and the fact alone was terrifying, never mind thinking about WHAT she might actually do.

So putting a few measly feet between them would be pointless. “I guess there’s nothing I can do.” He said to her, “so, what have you got planned now that I know your secret? I mean, someone who could finger you for a macrofur must be a considerable---inconvenience.”

“Nothing,” she shook her head, “I’m not going to harm you, Joey, or Earwood for that matter.” Upon hearing the principal’s name Joey quickly recalled the human and turned to look at him. He was on the ground in a prone position, looking dead, but breathing. “He fainted,” she said simply, “I guess being that close to a macrofur is quite a frightening experience.”

“Yes it is,” Joey replied quietly. He found that the more he talked to Rachel the less terrified he became---though he still had more than enough fear to supply several people. If nothing else, it at least convinced him that he would live for the moment. Unable to stand the look she had he turned around and moved to the principal. “We’re gonna have to move him, I think he banged his head when he fell so he’ll probably be out for a while, and this place is dangerous no matter what you are.”

Great, he thought to himself mentally, as he surveyed the human. The man wasn’t fat or overly huge, but he would be a difficult chore. “Well, I guess I could get his arms and head while you take his legs. I don’t know how far that would get us---.” He turned back as he said this and lost the rest of his sentence in a muffled gasp.

Rachel apparently had OTHER ideas on how to do things.

The young canine fur was now about eight feet taller than she had been, and didn’t stop. Joey felt his mouth hanging slack, but he hardly noticed it as he kept his eyes following her silhouette growing against the night sky. He discovered then that he was hardly used to a giant as she passed the height of one of the buildings and continued on, and on. In fact, it was almost worse watching someone gradually take on such a mammoth size since his mind was constantly registering Rachel at a different stature every few seconds.

Finally, as Joey began to wonder if she’d EVER stop, Rachel’s changing halted. Geez, he thought through his panic, just how tall is she? Then he noticed that she’d somehow kept her clothing at the same size---how that happened didn’t matter, but then this whole scenario was improbable. After all, he was the one who’d been dating a macrofur and never realized it.

Rachel squatted down and then carefully moved her hands to cup them around Joey and Earwood. The fox yelped as he was scooped up, but the other passenger was unconscious, so unless he woke up he wouldn’t have any reaction. The angle of her paws increased a bit and he slid down next to Earwood.

Joey appeared very disoriented throughout this, but he did manage to struggle---vainly---as she separated them, one in each hand. In order to avoid risking further injury Rachel kept Earwood almost level on her palm, but with Joey she curled her fingers around the tiny fur and held him in complete darkness with her hand completely closed. She brought it up to her face.

“Joey, please,” she hissed at him, “quit fighting, I won’t hurt you.” But he seemed to think likewise, so she added, “you’re about ninety-five feet in the air. Even if you somehow got free it would be a long drop to the ground.” He ceased his squirming, but she heard a slight whimper from inside her half-fist. That made her feel even worse about taking him captive. To top it off, as she kept her fingers loose but firmly around him, she could feel his tiny heart beating frantically.

Rachel hated for it to be this way, but she couldn’t let him go, not yet. For one thing, the gang or that OTHER macrofur might still be around, so he was safer with her. Second, she didn’t want to think it, but she had to make sure she could trust him with her secret. If she couldn’t, well, then she’d have a problem since Rachel mentally swore that she wouldn’t go to THAT extreme to keep him from talking.

Now, what to do about Earwood? She’d seen him pass out the moment the macrofur had grinned at them, so he didn’t know. Rachel supposed the best course of action would be to get him to some medical attention. So, with her tiny prizes held protectively against her chest, the young macrofur set out to find someway to help the human, who, if she was lucky, would think this was all a dream tomorrow.

Joey wasn’t certain where he was, where he was going, or how long this had been going when she finally opened her hand. He spent the first few seconds staring down at her palm, both in amazement at how detailed it now seemed, and more importantly, because he was afraid he’d lose his mind if he looked up and saw Rachel’s gigantic face.

“Now, it’s just you and me,” her voice came from above him. She was speaking quietly, but between his sensitive ears and her size he could have heard her on the other side of the school gym.” Joey finally forced himself to turn his gaze upward, and just as he predicted, his blood ran cold. He began shaking.

The full moon must have slipped out between some clouds, as he was able to make out every last detail of her pretty face, now enlarged greatly, but still proportioned. On a whim he glanced down past the edge of her hand to see her chest---and yes, that was very lovely and very large too. But he could have said that about any part of her. I better stop thinking about how big she is, he said to himself mentally, it’s getting redundant.

Then Rachel caught where his view was aimed. Joey gulped as her lips turned up in a smile, particularly since it looked more mischievous than anything else. “Yeah, I figured you’d still want to get a look at those, since Clarissa said most guys only think about large boobs.” Oh great, the fox thought, she had to choose now to pick up on his friend’s teasing nature. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to know that even if Rachel didn’t stomp or swallow him, there were still plenty of other interesting possibilities to explore.

“Sorry,” he said squeakily. Then he nearly jumped out of his fur as something brushed across his back. Joey realized she was stroking him with a finger like a little girl would her pet. She did this with her other hand, the one currently holding Joey closed a bit further to where it was like being in a warm, furry sleeping bag---all tight and somewhat cozy.

“Don’t be,” she said, “we’re dating, remember?” Rachel also grinned. It was meant to be further reassuring, but then, how could seeing teeth that were over three feet tall and sharp as swords be considered calming? Nevertheless, Joey felt his terror go back down to extreme nervousness. “Consider yourself at---what’s the term? Oh yes, second base.” Her tone still was light and playful.

If she were a killer, I’d be history by now, he reflected. Rachel obviously wasn’t, and since he’d just seen another macrofur Joey could surmise that maybe she wasn’t the one who did that awful deed the other night. “Where’s Earwood?” He asked. “And us, for that matter?”

“I set him on top of a hospital,” came her reply, “they looked like they still had power, so I dropped off Earwood and then knocked on the rooftop next to him, then, I came out here, which, to you would be considered an hour’s drive from Free Greens. I’m pretty sure that they’ve got him in good hands by now.” True to her word, the fox saw nothing around them but forest. They apparently were in a large clearing outside the woods but still pretty secluded.

“Sort of like I am, huh?” Joey smiled weakly as he said it. But Rachel laughed and seemed to appreciate his little joke. It at least proved to both of them that the experience hadn’t scared him completely senseless. Then suddenly he was moving towards her slightly open mouth. He felt his fear return, but then Joey felt himself pressed gently to her soft lips.

He shivered, and she licked him fondly, like a mother fur with her pups, he thought. “Yes you are,” her voice rumbled around him, “Joey, you need to know that I care for you greatly, as a friend if nothing else, but that still means that you’re special to me, and I’d never do anything to harm or frighten you.” She paused, and with another fang-filled smile added, “intentionally.”

“I-I know,” he said, trying to look anywhere but at her teeth. This was turning out to be more confusing than anything else. Had they been the same size Joey would probably be trying to kiss and hug her right now. Instead he was curled up in her palm as his rational mind fought his base instincts to be terrified of the massive, yet beautiful girl who now continued her caressing of him as she began to hum lightly.

Rachel then slowly leaned back to lay against a large hill. She then gently set Joey onto her chest, keeping her hands around him at all times so he wouldn’t feel like he might fall off. She moved him a bit further up to the hollow of her throat, no doubt where her humming would be loudest. “That’s a pretty song,” she heard him say, “what is it?”

“It’s something my mother sang to me as a child,” Rachel explained, “it comforted me when I was afraid of a thunderstorm or something, I thought maybe you’d like it.” She couldn’t believe that Joey, whom she’d often thought of as being strong, now seemed like such a delicate, frail thing that seemed in need of constant protection.

So much for losing a sense of self, she thought. The last thing on her mind about Joey was that he was her prey. Instead, the more this went on the more she felt herself in danger of turning into a giant, bubbling mound of affection. This is such a unique experience, she thought with a smile as she cuddled him.

Rachel had picked a few folks up back, including her parents, but this was different. She never injured anyone, even by accident, but she also had to admit that sometimes she wasn’t as careful as she could have been. But she’d been taking every precaution to make sure that she never did anything to startle him, or leave him with so much as a scrape.

She could sense that he was beginning to trust her again, and Rachel planned to do nothing that would stop this. She continued humming and sometime later heard him say, “you have a beautiful voice, just like the rest of you.” She laughed and snuggled him closer. Rachel then slid Joey down to nestle him snugly into her cleavage, figuring he’d probably like that.

And maybe he’d finally stop acting like she was going to eat him.

Rachel certainly could be---forthright when she wanted to, Joey thought with a nervous gulp as he entered her bra. Apparently their situation was driving the innocent farm girl to start acting a little bit like he figured Clarissa might if she were this size. Or this was putting it mildly, he thought, considering what she’s like I’d actually be more worried.

He finally shut his eyes to avoid being overwhelmed by it all. Joey couldn’t move that well, but her chest provided a very comfy bed. This must be every guy’s dream and I’m nearly petrified, he thought, though he was far from scared now. Pretty quickly, due to both Rachel’s humming and the softness and warmth of his surroundings, Joey drifted off quietly to sleep.

Some time later, he felt a moist, hot surface pass over him. The fox snapped his eyes open with start---temporarily not knowing where he was---to find himself in Rachel’s palm being licked awake. “Jeez,” he gasped, turning to look directly into her face and mouth, “that’s some wakeup call.” As he spoke this, he saw that the sun was peeking over the mountains and the first mixed colors of dawn had appeared.

“Well, I couldn’t have you sleep all night, now, could I? People are going to be looking for us.” She gave him a wink, “don’t worry, once we get this all sorted out, I’ll let you stay there as long as you like. Except when my parents are around, I don’t think my mother or father would exactly approve of me having someone there.”

“Yeah, yeah,” his ears burned at the tips, “my mom wouldn’t, either, but then my dad would probably say, ‘way to go son that’s my boy!’ And then Vinny and Clark would never let me hear the end of it.”

“Well, I’m glad to see that you’re back to normal.” Rachel chuckled, then turned serious, “that’s good. For a while I wasn’t certain if you’d ever be able to be around me again. You DO still think the same about me, don’t you?” Her voice had a worrisome tone to it. Even though Joey knew she wouldn’t stomp him if he said no, he did however find that he didn’t want to make her unhappy.

“You’re still you, I guess,” he replied finally, “so I guess I shouldn’t think of you any differently. I mean, you could have done any number of things to me by now and you haven’t, so that makes me think that you’ve got a respect for life that the other macrofurs we hear about lack.” He paused, a new thought coming to him, “that reminds me of something. I’m curious, Rachel, why are you different from other macros?”

“It’s a long story,” she replied. Joey then felt the hand holding him lower rapidly---not much faster than an escalator, really, but then he was going straight down and there was nothing to hold on to except her thumb. Rachel let him climb out of her hand, and then just as she had last night he watched the canine girl began to shrink back down to his height. He was about to ask why she didn’t wait until they got back to near the city, but then saw that she’d already brought him pretty close to the borders as it was.

“It’s a long walk,” he countered when he got used to her being back his size. Fortunately, Rachel was much easier not to fear at normal height than that of macro. She nodded, and side-by-side they started back towards where she lived. Joey then slipped his hand through hers, it was still almost unbelievable that he’d been IN that hand minutes ago.

“All right,” she began in her explanation, “my parents said they found me at the edge of their farm…”

Fixing the world, one duct tape job at a time.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby padfootsm » Mon May 03, 2004 3:18 am

Very interesting to say the least. I like the fact that she set Earwood down on top of the hospital and knocked. :lol:

Honestly, as soon as I saw that this one had been updated, I had to come and take a look. Cause it is just soooo good!
"The quill is truly stronger than the sword."
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Heartwing » Mon May 03, 2004 1:37 pm

I knew you weren't going there, but I'm really glad Joey didn't act like a total ass. Despite her size, he knew her very well. If she were to have suddenly turned in to Rogue's little sister, I'd think he'd have died suprised that she acted such a way.

Heh, could you imagine, the first feel you get of a womans breasts and it's a fullbody experience? :D hahaha I've never concidered myself a breast man, but I have to admit that would be too sweet.

This was another great chapter DTF, I'm totally enjoying this story.
Heartwing
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Ransom » Mon May 03, 2004 5:36 pm

Heartwing wrote:Heh, could you imagine, the first feel you get of a womans breasts and it's a fullbody experience? :D hahaha I've never concidered myself a breast man, but I have to admit that would be too sweet.

I can honestly say I am, so it only added to the story.
Cool job, DTF. 8)
...Is that the end? :?:
Ransom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Mon May 03, 2004 8:58 pm

Nope, it's far from over, and as to Heartwing's response---Rogue having a little sister is something I don't think the world could withstand. I mean, picture this scene----two macros saying, "I bet I can smash this city and eat all the people in it faster than you can!"

"You're on!"

And then if you ended up dating her and weren't a macro...

"So, why can't I meet your family?"

"They'd probably squish you."

Actually, it'd be pretty interesting if he did that. But like I said, I still have more planned for this story--but, I'll be finishing it before too long. Also, I'm glad nobody thought the breast thing was too adultish---I figured that I'd be okay as long as nothing actually adult happened.

Truthfully, I use to have fantasies like that in 2nd grade---yeah, I was a messed up kid.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby padfootsm » Mon May 03, 2004 9:05 pm

Back in 2nd grade? I still have th.....Umm....nothing. :lol:
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Ransom » Tue May 04, 2004 8:31 pm

I’m interested to see what the other friends think about the whole macro thing.
...if they find out. 8)
Ransom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby MasterNightBlade » Fri May 07, 2004 3:27 pm

Wow. Just... Wow man. I decided to read the story at about 1 in the morning last night, and i didn't stop until I had read it at LEAST 2 times. Just.... Daaayum, man. That's just very cool, and sweet, and so so awesome at the same time. It was so cool that I was inspired to do another strory, this one more macro-related.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the next bit of it. And the full-body breast press.... *passes out after having a pleasure overload*
MasterNightBlade
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby padfootsm » Mon May 31, 2004 11:54 pm

Hey DTF, I was just wondering when you were going to finish this? I mean...I want to see more! :D
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:08 pm

Here's your answer....

Two days later the school reopened. Joey and Rachel had spent all that time with each other and the group, but mostly with each other. The fox fur wasn’t sure if he’d gotten used to the concept of her being a macro, or if he was merely shutting away the thoughts and images of the pretty girl standing over a hundred feet tall.

But, acceptance or denial, things between them were somewhat back to normal. There were no more macro attacks, and even the military had moved to the outskirts of the city where they would be less of a disruption. Given a choice of hiding in fear or continuing on with life, the citizens of Free Greens chose the latter.

Earwood woke up in the hospital frantic to discover what had happened. The two young furs were able to convince the principal that the macro had merely been scaring them, and had taken off after a cross-town bus that diverted interest from the threesome. He seemed a bit skeptical of this, but he accepted their story, no doubt simply wanting to put it all behind him and get back to his regular routine.

Joey was introduced to Rachel’s aunt, and from there he learned that many bodies shared the secret of the country girl. That was actually good to hear----it’s always easier to do something when a large group is already onto it. Of course, the relative in mention wasn’t thrilled to have him knowing it, but Rachel herself firmly stated her trust in Joey.

So how could he not trust her in return? Joey did trust Rachel, he obviously trusted her with his life because that was the very issue that had come up the other night. Still, as always it was difficult to try to treat someone with as much power as she had the same way you’d treat a normal girl. It was very sobering to know that she could utterly destroy an entire neighborhood in minutes, and the only reason she didn’t was because of her own thoughts on what was right and what was wrong.

Vinny, Clark, and Clarissa all asked Joey and Rachel separately why them seemed to be having friction all of a sudden. The first time he heard it Joey almost laughed. Of course they would never guess the real reason behind the uneasiness he was trying to get over. And he WAS trying, in fact, so long as she stayed normal sized and nothing crazy happened Joey imagined that Rachel’s secret might just vanish completely from his thoughts.

“So, what are you doing?” He asked her. Rachel resembled a husky, yes, but right now she was putting a bit too much canine heritage into her action. She was bent half way over, and sniffing at the air. They were currently patrolling the school two hours after it closed, looking for clues as to who had attacked the city.

“Looking for a scent similar to my own,” she explained. “That’s how we, I mean----the macrofurs, can tell one another apart when somebody’s a changeling.” Rachel seemed a bit embarrassed at referring to her and them as one and the same---though it was indeed true.

“Uh, look,” Joey said nervously, “if you want to class yourself in with macros, I don’t have a problem with it.”

She smiled gratefully, “I know you want be sensitive to my feelings, Joey, and I appreciate that. But, I don’t want to be grouped with macros. Maybe it’s our nature, or maybe it’s the culture, but I still refuse to ever think that some of things they do are acceptable.”

He’d been told her life story, of course, and thinking over it, it did indeed seem a likely reason as to why Rachel was this way. She’d been raised by normal sized people, and as such, thought of them as more than snacks or playthings. Socialization, Joey thought, I guess where you’re from does determine a lot about you. Rachel took another whiff then sighed, “no good, the scent’s gone.”

“Bummer,” Joey said. He paused for a second, something occurring to him, and then asked, “so, what’s it like?”

“The scent?”

“No,” he frowned, “to be over a hundred feet tall.” And to have somebody two inches tall right there at your mercy, he added silently.

Rachel shrugged her shoulders, “it’s okay, I guess. I never really thought about it too much. I mean, to tell you the truth, I feel more naturally comfortable when I’m big---maybe it’s instinct. It’s almost like that when you stay at this size you sort of view it as a set of clothing to wear for a reason. In this case it’s being able to hide from the military and small folks.”

“Camouflage,” he responded dryly. “What every good hunter or huntress needs.”

She grinned back at him, “and my gray fur lets me hide between buildings.” They both got a laugh, and they both seemed equally happy that the other wasn’t going all-morbid about Rachel being a macrofur. She was who she was, he reflected, that was all that mattered.

“Have you ever been tempted to, you know, take advantage of your size?”

Rachel shook her head, “nope, the other night was the only time I really----used my differences for my amusement.” She chuckled, then batted an eye at him, “you make a pretty nice teddy bear, Joey, I think I cuddled you for a good half-hour before I went to sleep.” The fox felt his ears burn. One good thing about having to keep Rachel’s secret was that at least it meant that the others wouldn’t be discovering his little adventure.

“Anyway,” she continued, “I do know that most people have a tendency to be uncomfortable around those they’re below the ankles of, so even with those familiar with me I stayed small back home.”

Back Home. The words put a new round of thoughts into his mind. The other cover story he’d made had been that he was seeing Rachel home safely and ended up having to stay at her house all night due to the small human/fur riot that’d taken place. That was why the authorities had missed the other macro---they were too preoccupied with morons who blamed their troubles on each other.

“What was that pack the guy mentioned?” Joey said, scratching his chin. “It sounded to me like there was more than one in the area.” With that announcement, there might not be any need to search for a macrofur here, especially if the attack came from outside the city. “Did you ever meet any others like you?”

“No,” she shook her head sadly, “that was the first time in my life. I’ll admit I find myself burning up with curiosity about it. Sorry to sound disloyal, but, as I was looking into that macro’s face---well, a small part of me wanted to go with him because it knew I belonged there.”

Pack instinct, Joey thought to himself. He still couldn’t tell if she was a wolf or a husky---or something else, but, he could see that unlike foxes, the canine ancestors of Rachel evolved in groups that lived, worked, and of course, hunted together. Joey’s, on the other hand, were more along the lines of solitary predators, and occasionally, prey. But, then, he thought, I go around with a large crowd, so that proves your species tendencies aren’t everything.

Rachel may have decided that she would rather stay among the tiny folk, but the lure of your own kind could be very strong, especially if it meant acceptance. Joey couldn’t imagine even Earwood being comfortable with her in the school if what she was became public knowledge. The macros, however, would probably say, “great, let’s go destroy something together.”

And she could possibly find the answers about why she was abandoned, and maybe even find her family, perhaps her parents! Certainly, she would have more reasons to go with the macrofur pack than to stay here living as something she’d already mentioned felt more like a mask.

“You thinking about finding them?” He asked, voicing his concerns aloud.

Had Rachel quickly responded yes or no he would have felt better. As it was, she paused, and in her eyes was a look of serious consideration. She was mentally running the stuff he’d thought of through her mind to. Finally, she said, “I don’t know, like I said, part of me says yes, the other, no.”

“Well, no matter what you choose, I still trust you,” Joey smiled, trying to cheer her up.

“Thanks,” she returned the look, “small or not, you’ve got a big heart, Joey.” She turned serious, “so I don’t frighten you anymore?”

“Maybe not so much frighten as intimidate,” he replied, “but I’m like that with most women anyway.”

**************************************************************************************

Rachel laughed, glad to be near someone with a sense of humor. But her thoughts did quickly turn back to what had just been mentioned. That group of macrofurs could still be nearby, since that other one resembled her Rachel might find the answers to all her questions in them. But, she wouldn’t want to end up doing anything like leading one back to her friends, so this wouldn’t be an easy decision.

What did make her want to stay was because of Joey saying he trusted her, along with that of her adoptive family. They’d all been there for her when she was alone, so she should feel closer to them, should she not? Unfortunately, even if it were that way, Rachel knew that she’d never feel complete until she did this.

“Joey,” she said, turning to him, “I’m going.”

*************************************************************************************

Joey wanted to talk her out of it, he wanted to say to her that it was too dangerous. And it would be dangerous. Rachel might be over a hundred feet tall when she got there, but so would the other macros. For that matter, that male they ran into was probably larger as well, and stronger of course.

“Nothing I say will convince you otherwise?”

“I’m afraid not,” she smiled, “but don’t worry, whatever happens I won’t forget whom my real friends and family are.” She kissed him on the cheek, “but I have to do it. If there’s anything about my family or past there I have to know.”

“Well,” Joey said, “in that case, good luck.” He expected to hear her thank him. Instead, Rachel leaned forward and kissed him on the mouth. At that point he felt the usual fluttery feeling of excitement and warmth at being touched by an attractive girl. Clearly, it seemed that even if his mind was divided, Joey’s heart knew EXACTLY what it was thinking.

Perhaps I should listen to that, he thought.

**************************************************************************************

Rachel’s aunt had said that there wasn’t a window in her bedroom. But, there was a skylight in the attic. So, the young canine was now up there, hoping not to wake her caretaker up as she grew to about twelve feet to grab the object mentioned. Her biggest concern was that if she got to heavy she could break through the floor, but whoever built this house apparently did a good job on that.

She undid the fasteners around the skylight, then took it out of its frame to lower it to the ground softly. She looked back to the hole and licked her lips in thought. It was just big enough to accommodate her shoulders—as in barely. Had she been a male, even one as moderately built as Joey, she probably would be too wide to fit.

Right now she was still too big. This would be tricky. Rachel would have to return to her normal height to get through, but if she did that then she’d be too short to get to the hole anyway. She took a deep breath, then thrust her arm through the opening to grab the roof. Then she began to shrink, keeping a firm paw outside. Rachel then got to where she was her normal size----and dangling in midair it seemed.

Glad my parents always worked me pretty good on the farm, she thought, as she grunted and threw her other arm up to get the adjacent side of the hole. Rachel gritted her teeth, and then with both arms straining she pulled herself halfway up through the skylight. She nearly lost her grip, but she was able to get one further down the roof and even sank her claws into the shingles.

She gave a very unladylike groan and at last pulled her lower torso, legs, and of course, her tail, out onto the roof. She looked over edge. She would have to jump off and change size in midair, that would be tricky. To small and she’d probably break a leg. Too large and the impact tremor could wake up the neighborhood.

There were no trees to climb down either. Fifteen feet, she thought to herself, that will have to be it. She sat down at the edge, swinging her legs over the drop. Rachel focused on herself at the size mentioned, then pushed herself off the roof. She felt the air whip by her and then she started growing.

Rachel both hit the ground and stepped onto it. Her feet stung with a jarring sensation, but other than that she landed perfectly without injury. Rachel clenched her teeth for a second, but the light tingling of pain quickly faded. She let out her breath in a whoosh, then shrank back to normal. Or at least what was normal by this city’s standards.

Her aunt lived near the edge of the city, so Rachel was able to quickly get out to the woods. She purposely started following the path she’d seen the macrofur take. She was sniffing for the trace of scent that made one distinguishable from a regular fur. Up ahead loomed the trees, almost as of they were the sides of a gate that beckoned her into the night, away from the lights and technology she was somewhat used to and towards the primal real of giants.

Here I go, she thought, I hope this is the right thing. Rachel plunged into the forest, literally following her nose to track them macro. He must have been by here recently, she thought, the scent was strong, despite the heavy rains yesterday. That was both good and bad. Good, because she might find the “pack” easier, and Bad because they might be planning to raze Free Greens---which was where her friends and family lived.

Joey, Clarissa, Vinny, Clark, and her aunt could all become victims of someone’s amusement. Rachel didn’t have a plan for any of this, but she did know one thing: she would not allow any harm to come to her loved ones. She had the power to stop it, or so she thought, and as she went deeper into the unknown, Rachel found herself determined to lift the veil of terror surrounding a once peaceful place.

Then suddenly she felt something scrape the top of her head. Without realizing it, Rachel had already grown to about sixty feet, and she barely managed to get to an open area before she reached her natural height of about a hundred and twelve feet. Maybe it’s because of what I’m thinking that makes me do this, she thought.

Just as someone could live without understanding every detail of their bodies, Rachel, too, had been able to change sizes without knowing just how she did it. She supposed it had something to do with energy, since she was often tired or hungry after size shifting a lot. And perhaps that’s why I started it in that class, she pondered.

A sudden crashing nearby brought her thoughts away from scientific pondering. Rachel gasped as several forms stalked out of the forest---to her it was more like bushes now---and made their way towards her. She counted eight of the bodies, and at once their smell came to her and Rachel knew what was now surrounding her. They wore garments that covered what was important, but still were very revealing.

Macrofurs, it seemed that the pack had found HER as well. Rachel swallowed hard. It was too dark to see their faces, and they made no attempt to communicate. But then the once in the center stopped. He looked at her, sniffed, and then to Rachel’s complete surprise he LAUGHED, full and jolly.

“Well, well,” his voice boomed, “what’s a pretty young thing like you doing in a place like this?”
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Archive: Macro Story