From the Country to the City. (outside my usual series)

Archive of the "Macro Story" forum.

Postby Accipitrina » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:59 am

I honestly don't know how to say this. Your storytelling ability is humbling, to say the least. I read this, and as I do, empathize with Joey on a level I didn't think I could. When he was under Veola's control, I was so nervous I could have puked. All the emotions you depict your characters with superimpose themselves so well onto the reader, it's just amazing. I honestly don't know how to describe my awe, my appreciation, my anticipation, and my fanboy-like love of the series and its author. Please, produce more! A gift like this shouldn't be wasted. Be a writer now, dammit!
Accipitrina
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:42 pm

This isn't right, thought Joey, in all the action movies it's the GIRL who looks on helplessly while the GUY defends her, not the other way around. But it pretty much was the other way around. Not only was Joey completely unable to do a useful thing, he was completely unable to even get out of his position in Rachel's chest. A low rumbling had started around him sounding like a garbage truck idling----only then did he realize that it was her growling threateningly at the other macros. What looked like a ring of knives above him was in fact Rachel's rough standing up in anger.

"Oh relax," Kilos said with a snort, "we're not going to harm you or your toy." This seemed to make Rachel even angrier, but Joey could see where the comparison came from. He was little more than a pet in their eyes---only the kindness of Rachel keeping him from meeting a nasty end for the mere purpose of amusing Kilos's gang. All this time he'd only had the dialogue to go on---with her hand protectively over him Joey could barely see anything past the fingers.

"Then what are you doing here?" Rachel replied, stress level turned down a notch.

"We just wanted to see you and your little plaything," as the reply came Joey could imagine the smug look spreading around the crowd. Just terrific, he thought, now they view us being together as an oddity---which I suppose it is. His next thought was cut off his another loud growl came from beneath the "ground" and out of Rachel's mouth some twenty or so feet above him.

"Quit referring to him as that, he's as much a person as you or I, just---smaller."

He flinched at the booming laughter coming from all directions. "It looked to me like you were playing with your food," Kilos snipped, "honestly, I don't know what's more pathetic: one of our kind living with micros or actually deciding to mate with one." Joey felt his ear tips burn, that certainly put an interesting perspective on their relationship. "Well ,whatever," The covering hand came off and Joey was able to see the other macrofur flip a hand in disgust, "this isn't worth my time, have fun with your pet, Rachel." Then he did an aboutface and marched off, crashing through the trees. Similar sounds were made by his cohorts as they left with him.

Only Veola was there, "look, um, I didn't tell him about this. Kilos and the rest were tracking the tiny guy's scent and I arrived back too late to warn you." Rachel's massive head nodded in understanding and the female fur looked relieved that she wasn't accusing her, "I don't have problem with him," she said, talking as if Joey wasn't there. "I mean, everyone does some weird stuff, myself and especially Kilos included." She stopped short, realizing that this apology wasn't going well, "um, good night." Then she disappeared with a noticeably shamed look on her face.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day Rachel took him down to a river, or what she called, "a small stream." The girl seemed to want to spend her entire time at macro size, and Joey could tell it wasn't just because she was thinking of him. No, despite last night's confrontation Rachel was enjoying being able to take her true form and he decided that the best thing he could do was both try to get used to it, and at the same time enjoy the ride.

"It's beautiful here," Joey remarked as she gently set him down at the edge. Rachel smiled, then wadded out into the water to where it came up to kneess--which was probably the deepest point in the entire body of water, but he was wrong as she continued on in until only her head was above the surface. "They did some work on this place a while back," she explained with a smile, "pushed some trees down, dammed it up, and then dug out a deep hole before releasing the water again."

"And what is this place used for?" He asked curiously.

She looked a bit sheepish, but then replied in a soft, seductive voice, "bathing." All this time he'd seen her hands moving under the water as dark shapes, but the next thing Joey knew they burst out holding her top, now off her body, and an instant later he was jumping in surpise as she carefully dropped the cloth over his entire body. He heard her giggle, "this should ensure that you won't be tempted to peek in on me."

But he could still make out her outline, just not any details. The scent from her body was faint, but all around him as he watched the motions of her femimine curves and sleek shape, his breath caught in his throat. Then she lowered herself back down and snatched the piece off of him to redress under the surface. "It turns transparent when wet sometimes," she teased with a wink. Off to the side was what appeared to be a yellow-orange boulder that had a few odd smells to it----macro soap.

"Your turn," she chirped, scooping him up in her palm, carrying him carefully out over the water, "you don't have to completely strip---just down to your shorts should do." She licked her lips. "You can do it---or I can help."

"I think I better preserve these as much as possible," he replied, and then found himself in the oddest dressing room ever as her fingers curled up around him to meet above his head, giving Joey his own privacy in her hand. A bit of light filtered in through the cracks between, but it was defintiely like being in his own container. He shook his head then quickly removed everything save for his boxers like she'd "recommended". Things I do for that girl, he thought with a shake of his head. "Um, okay, I guess I'm---," before he could finish, his next word become a yell as Rachel abruptly both opened her hand and turned it to the side, dropping him a good twelve feet to the water.

He hit hard, but not roughly. Rachel wasn't kidding when she said it was remodeled for macros----beneath him was a black, bluish depth that didn't seem to have a bottom. To his right were twin, gray, furry towers----Rachel's legs and this apparently wasn't even the deep end. She was watching him intently, making sure he hadn't panicked or anything, and when Joey appeared to be calmly treading water she then lay back fully in the river, creating a large wave that threatened to dunk him.

"Now, let's have some fun," she said, "how about a little game of shark?" Shark? Joey blinked, how did she expect to play----oh! Her muzzle came at him like a speedboat, her face mostly submerged except for her nose, eyes, and ears, even creating a wake as she went. Suddenly feeling anxious to so something besides worry he grinned and began backstroke away from her, feighning little meeps of fright.

Her nose bumped him gently forward, then she did a few circles around him with her eyes constantly on his every move. "You really get into this," he told her with a laugh, "honestly, Rachel, I can't imagine you doing anything to be a better 'shark'." Her response was a grin and a sudden swerve in direction towards him. Joey expected her to bump him again, but found himself frozen with surprise as Rachel opened her mouth wide, razor sharp teeth lining a cavern that water was trickling into---and taking him with it.

The next thing he knew he was swept inside and stopped by her tongue. Rachel snapped her muzzle shut and from the feel of things Joey guess that she had stood up again. "Mmmm, yummy." Her voice rumbled around him as she pretened to chew---which was nothing more than holding him against her palate with her tongue while moving her jaws up and down around him. The fox turned a bit to watch as the water swirled at the back of her mouth, and then like a drain being pulled it vanished as she swallowed.

Light returned once more as her tongue pushed him out into her hand. "You're delicious," she told him, laughing softly, "and I'm glad you aren't scared of me."

"I thought we passed that marker a long time ago," he replied.

"Yeah," she sighed, "but a small part of me was worried that you were pretending out of fear that I'd eat you if you didn't say that you still liked me the same way." A feral grin spread across her muzzle, "don't worry, that would be a onetime pleasure, and I'd rather have you around for much longer and much more than that."

Joey smiled and laughed back before nuzzling her finger, "well, you don't scare me, in fact, I think you're the most beautiful thing at ANY size I've ever laid eyes on."His reward for this came in the form of an affectionate nuzzle pressing him back against her palm and a whisper of thanks with equally gracious eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner came in the form of serveral fish caught barehanded by Rachel. And it was rather simple, she just sat in one spot, and when a small group approached she swatted them out like a cat, but rather claws she used her palm which served as a net to send several large salmon sprawling out onto the shore. As to the cleaning, cooking, and eating part, she then shrank herself back down to Joey's size, otherwise, as she pointed out, "it would take nearly every fish in that stream to satisfy me."

"But how do the macros get food?" He asked her curiously, "I mean, I don't see too many giant cows wandering around and if they got it from---cities, there'd hardly be anyone left in Free Greens.

"Oh, there's some larger stuff down river," Rachel replied, picking the bones out of a roasted portion of meat, "that's why I kept near you the whole time----didn't want some macro bass swallowing my boyfriend, now did I?"She treated it as nonimportant, but Joey suddenly found it hard to eat with the heavy rock forming in his stomach. "Don't worry, few actually get THAT big." Her words, though helpful, still didn't kill the images this gave him.

They finished eating, buried the remains, then, sitting out on a groundcloth she'd brought down with them, Joey took the opportunity to wrap his around Rachel and pull her close. "I've been wanting you to do that all day," she murred, licking his neck. "Cuddling you is great, but so is having you be the one holding me for a change."Joey rested his paws near her hips and they laid back down to gaze up at the clear night sky.

"Rachel," he said, turning to look at her, "are you coming back?"

She didn't respond for a long time, and that worried him far more than anything she had done when macro. Finally she said to him in a quiet voice, "I guess I have to, don't I?"

"A lot of people miss and care for you," he pointed out, massaging her sides, "including me of course, but not limited to. Your family, if nothing else, has been combing the town for you, and of course the others at school don't know what's going on, except that their friend might possibly be in trouble."Rachel nodded solemnly, still seeming unhappy.

"I-I know," she told him, "but you have to understand that for once in my life, I've found a place I belong. I don't have to hide what I am, Joey, and I've made friends here as well. It's the first time I've been accepted for everything I am. Joey, I know you and my family trust me, but can the same be said for everyone at school, in town?"

"No, it can't," he replied sadly, "but there are people it can be said for. Rachel, please, you can always come back out here and see everyone again, but right now you need to come back with me so we can keep Earwood, your friends, and your loved ones from having a heart attack." She understood, he could tell, and he supposed maybe he was thinking of what he wanted in this to---to have Rachel back with him, but even if this was his selfish desire motivating him, the results would still be the same.

"Okay," she said, leaning over to kiss him, "I'm going back." It hadn't been easy, he saw. Despite the apparent logic of travelling back and forth, the fact of going back to hiding her secret must have been weighing heavily against her desire to return to the others. "First thing in the morning I'll say good-bye to Veola and the rest, then we'll head to Free Greens to try to set things right."

He hugged her gently, "thanks," he told her, "this means a lot, both to me and to many others." But right now he was mostly thinking of how great it was for him.
Fixing the world, one duct tape job at a time.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Heartwing » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:39 pm

How quickly we forget that our actions effect people other than just ourselves. I'm glad Joey reminded her that loved ones needed her attention too.
Heartwing
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby padfootsm » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:57 am

Great continuation. Suprising that our resident evil macro didn't do more. Though I am curious...what does he do that is considered "weird"? Hmmmm....guess I'll have to wait and see!

Great job DTF.
"The quill is truly stronger than the sword."
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:07 am

"Veola, you've been a great friend," Rachel told the other young fur, "and I really appreciate your people's hospitality. But, well, I can't stay here forever, and since Joey came all his way out here, risking his neck and everything else, I guess it's time for me to say good-bye." They were currently talking in the hut she'd spent the last week or so in. She and the other macrofur sat opposite of each other on the floor mat, legs crossed. But in her case Rachel was leaned back against the wall so as to provide a better, safer spot for the tiny fox to rest upon.

Joey was now curled up in the ruff of her neck sleeping peacefully. He'd been exhausted, after spending a near sleepless night here yesterday, and then of course playing with her had to have been a tiring experience. Careful so as not wake him, Rachel stroked him softly with a finger as she talked. "Mmm," Veola nodded, "guess you feel more comfortable around the tinies. Tell me something, Rachel, what's it like being around such small toys?" Rachel normally would have been annoyed, but Veola used the term in a loose, teasing way, rather than the scorn Kilos had previously.

She sighed, "well," Rachel said, "you learn that you have to be careful how you approach them. I mean, they frighten easily since, well, since we're large enough to make snacks out of them." She took a minute to focus on the tiny fur now nestled protectively against herself. Joey felt so fragile, she could even feel his tiny chest moving as he breathed. So small, so delicate, almost to the point of insignificance in relation to what surrounded Rachel, but personally, to her, he was one of the most important people in the world.

"Can't say I blame them for that," Veola chuckled. She turned serious and regarded the small fur for a moment, then replied, "I don't know hardly anything about what he's thinking of this, but I bet that when you told him what you were he didn't take with open arms, correct? At least we're familiar with the fact that the tinies aren't crazy about us because of some---tensions that have been going around."

Rachel sighed with a nod, "yeah, I did have to sort of---forcibly keep his attention long enough to explain that I wasn't going to do anything nasty." Veola raised an eyebrow, "okay," She gave up and rubbed her forehead, "I had to pick him up and hold him in my hand to keep him from running away. But still, once he got over his initial views of our kind, Joey has found that we're just like people his size, and he trusts me."

"Do you really want to leave?"

Rachel blinked, "of course. I have friends and family back home. Staying here and seeing others like me was great, but there's a lot more for me if I return."

Veola looked doubtful about that, "you'd have to go back to life as a micro. Rarely getting the chance to experience your true nature, always hiding from those around you. Rachel, would it make you happy? What if you stayed here? The Pack has already accepted you as one of their own---surely even your little lover would wish for you to have a happy life. Perhaps, given the incentive, he'd stay here with you. You could have both the life and even the small mate you desire."

It did sound promising, tempting, especially the thought of not having to give up at least one person from her old life. Joey COULD possibly be convinced to stay---Veola probably would also recommend forcing him, though Rachel never would---but he'd probably not like it, deep down. He'd always be relying on her for safety and living needs like a pet. Rachel knew that even if he consented, she wouldn't have the right to put him into such a life.

"Sorry, Veola," she responded firmly and regrettably, "but I'm already part of a Pack. He's one of them."

"Okay, then." Her friend still seemed to have her doubts about this, but she knew when to stop trying to talk her into something. "In that case, I suppose I should ask something different: are you at least coming to visit me from time to time?"

Rachel smiled, "Veola," she said, "that's one thing that I don't have to think about to answer."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really going to miss this when I have to sleep in my own bed, Joey thought as awoke once more to the surroundings of gray and white fur. Rachel’s body felt like one big comfy blanket that had a self-warming feature built in. Who'd of thought that a macrofur, when not all scary and dangerous, was actually quite soft and cozy? It certainly was something he never thought of. But then, Joey had had a lot of time to think lately.

Rachel had been with him every moment. She had kept a close, protective eye on him at all times due to the fact that at his size it was way too easy from either some macrofur to sneak him off, or for Joey to simply be stepped on by accident. He suspected this was Rachel's biggest fear, because every time Veola or one of her other macro friends appeared, she scooped him up quickly, keeping him close just in case of trouble.

Based on this, Joey had to wonder how he could have ever been worried about her turning violent. “Looks like you’re up,” her voice rumbled around him as she eased him into her paw. As her muzzle came down to rub gently across him, he gave her a kiss on the side of the mouth, or to be more precise, the side of her bottom lip. Her fingers tightened slightly as she hugged him carefully to her breast.

“I suppose we should start thinking about what to tell everyone when we come back,” he joked, “a romantic getaway in Macro Land probably won’t make a good story.” She laughed softly, probably so as to avoid hurting his ears.

“Got that part figured out,” she told Joey as he was brought before her face, “We head back to my parents’ farm and get them to say that I came home to them during the macro attacks, and that we’re too far out of civilization to send word,” she winked, “what can I say? That backwoods country bumpkin stereotype does have its uses.”

Then she must have noticed his strange expression, “what’s wrong, Joey?” Rachel asked him, “you look nervous or uneasy.”

“Oh, nothing,” he told her quickly, “it’s kind of ridiculous really.” She cocked her head at him to show that she wasn’t buying it. “Okay,” he confessed, “but I’m kind of, uneasy about seeing your family, because, well, I--I--.”

“You don’t know what their impression of some city-kid will be?” Rachel smiled, then teasingly tickled him with a finger, “don’t worry about that, no one will treat you badly, I’ll personally make sure of that.”

“It’s really stupid,” Joey grinned, “I mean, by now I could have been crushed, eaten, had my limbs torn off, or twisted into some nasty shape, and instead what scares me more is the prospect of meeting the parents of the girl I’m seeing.”

“Well,” Rachel laughed as she gave Joey a lick before setting him carefully onto her shoulder, “in that case you should just remember that where I come from, you refer to everyone as either a sir or a ma’am.” She made sure that he was securely holding her neck while sitting on her collarbone before they started the long trek.

“Don’t worry,” Joey told her, “I use the same rule when talking to people I’m below the ankle of, ma’am.”
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:07 am

All right, I somewhat fixed this part. Sorry for the double-post, but the website was acting slow so I might have hit "submit" twice by accident.
Last edited by Duct Tape Fanatic on Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby padfootsm » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:12 am

Looks to me like a double post incident there DTF. Aside from that...nice ending to the macro Pack there mate. I can't wait to see if there is more of this as I always do.
"The quill is truly stronger than the sword."
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Skullmonger » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:23 pm

padfootsm wrote:DANG! :shock:

I especially like Joey, cause he reminds me a bit of myself. A group of jokers with a sensible person (not me at all...) in it.

Remind me, nothing! Joey and I share the same freakin' name! Lucky guy! :)
Skullmonger
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby crazyfox22 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:53 am

Dude....Amazing
This is like, given me soo MANY idea's for my own STORIES!!!
It's like, mega inspirational ya know!!!

Where do you get all your killer story idea's man!!!
crazyfox22
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Previous

Return to Archive: Macro Story