From the Country to the City. (outside my usual series)

Archive of the "Macro Story" forum.

Postby padfootsm » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:11 am

A bit more width to it and a short chapter too. Yet, it was strangely satisfying to read your writing again. Thanks DTF. Sorry for having bugged ya so much.
"The quill is truly stronger than the sword."
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:35 pm

Thanks for the commentary. THe reason it was so wide was because I got a new PC last week, and lacking Microsoft Word I instead have been making do with Wordpad, so I assume that the funky format is a result of a different processor.

Yeah, hopefully I'll be able to get the next part done more quickly.
Fixing the world, one duct tape job at a time.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:55 pm

It had been scientifically proven that both people and animals react similarly to a threatening situation. The first response is usually to freeze, possibly as a means to either gather information about the danger or perhaps to escape its notice. Then, the subject's heart and lungs begin to work rapidly, sending oxygen rich blood to the parts of the body that need them most. And finally, the animal reacts to its stimulous by the classic fight or flight syndrome.

Joey experienced the first two stages in about four seconds. And since he had a good idea about what was laughing and shaking the walls of his tent, his response was certainly not "fight." It was at this point that he suddenly wished he wasn't tightly bound in his coccoon-like sleeping bag, since it was awfully hard to bolt for safety when you had to wiggle your arms and legs to get out. It was even more difficult to do this when the canvas structure was being rocked about violently, causing him to roll this way and that.

He yelped as a loud ripping sound was made and massive claws as long as his arm tore thorugh the flimsy walls. He barely managed to force his terrified mind to note that this was almost like what a sardine in a can had to feel like---and that was obviously not the best comparison to himself right now.The roof disappeared, and there, staring down at him were five very large, gray-furred faces. They seemed surpised for a moment to see him in this state, but it didn't last as a single male smacked his chops and in a booming voice said, "hey, looks like sushi."

That was it for him. Joey threw the zipper open and was out of the bag in an instant, now standing unsteadily on his feet, facing down what could probably take on a tank division and win. His instincts screamed at him to run, but his commonm sense told him that he wouldn't make it every far, and at worst would probably incite the macro crowd to toy with him like children with an insect. Thinking back to his pup years, Joey suddenly felt a strong sense of empathy for all those crickets he'd seen with their wings and legs pulled off.

The first one suddenly brought his foot down, a rooftop of pads and fur descending onto him. Joey stumbled backwards, and with a whimper he was then covered by the paw, pressed down hard onto the ground, but the giant obviously held off on enough pressure to keep him alive. This is a very bad place to be, he thought as the macro shifted its feet to place most of his body between its toes.

Trying not to think about how quickly they could kill him, he surveyed the group and noted that three of the macros were male, and the second two female. Wondeful, he thought, some guys looking to impress their girlfriends are probably going dare each other to swallow me like they do goldfish at those fraternity initiations my older brother told me about. But the females looked lethal too. The smaller one leaned over to whisper something into her friend's pointed ear, their eyes constantly on him.

They both giggled, and the second nodded while saying, "yeah, he does look to be about the right size for that." Joey swallowed, either way it seemed that he was in trouble---he supposed his only hope would be if they decided he'd make a good pet, otherwise he'd find out firsthand what it was like to be one of those victims on Mr. Linskies's history tapes. A small part of him managed to ironically point out that this had to be going overboard for the role of "center of attention," that Vinny and Clark so desperately craved. Well, now he had it, he had the undivided interest of nearly half a dozen creatures that would probably call a hundred feet a "short height."

"Oh, come on, Veola, Antra," the one closest to him snorted, "would you really do that not having a clue as to where this thing's been?" At that point the foot shifted and actually came off of him, allowing Joey to scramble to his feet, but remain frozen by a look from one of the others. They all had the same expression he'd seen on young children about to torment a bug, and in that bug's position he found that it was quite a terrifying sight.

To which more giggles came and the one assumed to be Veola said, " Kilos, how could something that small have enough germs to hurt us?" At that point, all three males' heads turned to them, which Joey took as his only chance to escape. Calling every last reserve up of his strength, the young fox fur spun about on one heel, picked his target in the trees, and then tore off running literally for his life. This sudden decisive movement must have actually startled the macros, but not for long. Scarcely had he been sprinting for safety when the ground behind him was torn up in a massive, descending paw as Kilos grabbed for him clumsily. Joey thought he couldn't have run any faster, but he was wrong as he stayed ahead of the claws just a foot behind him.

The ground-shaking footsteps continued to pursue him. In a moment, they'd have him, but a moment was just enough time for him to get close enough to a patch of thorns and, shutting his eyes, dive into them headfirst. Had he been a human Joey would have had some terrible scratches, but thanks to his protective coat he was able to get through it with only a few patches of gray hair getting caught. A macro might have been capable of knocking down a building, but even they weren't going to shove their fingers into a bunch of sharp thorns.

Joey hit the open space under the thorns on his stomach and crawled his way deeper in. A loud cracking noise above him drew his attention to a tree branch someone was using to poke through the patch, looking for him. He kept moving, hoping that the shadows of the dark and the smell of the plants would hide him from them. Finally, he sighed as the branch withdrew and he heard someone say, "aw, he probably would taste bad anyhow, or make a really lousy squish." The vibrations then got softer, signifying that they were leaving.

With a sigh of relief Joey then moved carefully back through the holes created by the probing macros, and sometime later came back out in the open. His camp was in ruins. But at least I've found the macros, he thought with a sigh as he experienced mixed feelings about the incident. Now, assuming she was even still with them, he had to find Rachel. A set of footprints the size of craters lead back into the forest. As much as he hated to do it, Joey figured that would be what he had to follow.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

He knew he was getting close when he couldn't walk two feet on stable, flat ground. Up ahead a bonfire blazed away, no doubt the size of his school and containing several trees. Around this mammoth pyro display the macros danced. Joey swallowed hard, trying not to think of what being under all those massive, stomping feet would be like. Fortunately, this activity seemed to have drawn the attention of the entire pack, so as long as he stayed at the edge of things, he wouldn't be spotted or smelled.

The trick now was discovering where Rachel was. All the macros, he noted, seemed to share the same base appearance as her, making him wonder if perhaps this was her true family. And they all had the same scarce bits of garment on, no flashes of her tank top and shorts would give the young girl away. How I am going to get close enough without getting stepped on? He mentally sighed. As it turned out, his question was answered for him in the manner of a descending hand that appeared from as if nowhere.

This time he was grabbed roughly and hauled dozens of feet upward. Not again, he managed think before he came to the great muzzle. This one, he realized was Veola, the female from earlier---and juding by her comment then it wasn't necessarily a good thing. Her mouth turned up in a smile, "well, well," she purred loudly to her captive, "what do we have here? A tiny fur sneaking into our merriment, not mention running off before we could have some fun with him."

He swallowed hard as she grinned at him, fangs glistening in the moonlight. Rachel, perhaps he had been getting accustomed to, but up against a macrofur that didn't have feelings or concern for him he quickly found himself shaking and terrified by. "Well, you're not getting away this time," she chuckled, "so I guess that leaves me with the questions on what to do with my catch." Evidently, whatever was occuring nearby was somewhat commonplace, or she simply didn't want someone else getting ahold of him, and her fun.

Veola trotted casually back into the forest some distance, holding him rather tightly in her fist. Joey had initially hoped that perhaps a female macro would be a little more sympathetic, but then who was he kidding? Every girl he'd ever known hated bug-sized things, demanding them killed on sight, and he was little more than a roach in comparison to her. Difference was, he didn't have that initial repulsive appearance of an insect, so undoubtedly Veola was thinking of other neat ways to enjoy him.

"Would it help if I begged for mercy?" He managed to get out. A violent lurch was his answer as she nearly dropped him, eyes wide in surprise. "What?" He continued, "does it surprise you that I'm talking instead of just screaming senselessly?"

She raised a brow, "oh, so your kind can talk like us. Interesting, I've never seen one of you little folks before, and when you were quiet earlier I was a bit skeptical."

"That was mostly because I was scared out of my mind," he replied, a little irritation creeping into his terror. "I mean, how would you like it if something forty times your size threatened to smush you into paste?"

Her facial expression flickered a moment before returning to its state of uncaring amusement. That was hopeful. Killing a meaningless bug was one thing, but it might actually press on your conscience if your food literally disagreed with you. But she quickly shook off whatever secondary thoughts she might have had.

"You came into our territory," she told him forcibly, squeezing him a bit tighter. Joey lost all attempt to argue now, just conserving his strength for breathing. "And because of that you belong to us until we state otherwise." At least she's referring to me as a possession, he thought weakly. And that would be about all he'd amount to if they let him live: a toy. Not a slave, since he could hardly serve them, but by the same token he wouldn't be a snack, either, so it was a positive/negative situation for him. Veola took her other hand and twirled it absentmindly through her hair. "Hmm, well, I think I'll share you with my friend," she grinned at him, "she wouldn't want to miss this chance, either."

Anta, he thought glumly, the one who made that little suggestion that had produced a lot of joking. Joey felt that his journey was coming to a close. No doubt if he survived being the plaything of a giantess he'd never get a chance to see Free Greens again, the gang, and even that school that he normally disliked having to attend. He was surprised that he missed the place, actually. All he could do now was struggle futily as she sashayed deeper in, pushing tree branches aside and taking him further away from the fire---no doubt to a more private spot for whatever was in store.

At some point a finger covered his eyes, so like the last time he was reduced to going by ear with what was happening. The macrofur stopped, and in a singsonging voice announced to someone, "hey, check out what I found." The fist suddenly became a hand with him being turned upright to see another female sitting quietly in shadows. Joey squinted, feeling some sort of recognition as she stood up and quickly moved out of the shade of the tree and into the moonlight. Their eyes gazed deeply into each other and they both uttered the same phrase.

"What are you doing here?"

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Her first response on seeing Joey was shock, followed by delightened surprise, and then fearfulness for the tiny fox that rested in Veola's palm, a mere clench away from being crushed to death. "Veola," Rachel said softly, but putting an unmistakable forcefulness to it, "please give him to me." Her first macro friend seemed a bit taken back by this, but then she blinked, undoubtedly remembering Rachel telling her about how she came to be named as a micro.

"He's a friend of yours?" The young canine nodded quickly, frantically, and with a sigh she said, "well, that explains what he was doing poking around this far away from his little nest." She rolled her eyes, "guess I'll have to wait for the next micro toy to show up." Though some of Veola's ideas, specifically those on how to treat the "littles" bothered her, Rachel at least knew her to be honorable enough to her friends to understand that this tiny creature was already spoken for, and she respected that claim.

The other macro then handed Joey over to Rachel, who carefully accepted him in her cupped hands. Not wasting any time for talk, she brought his tiny body up to her face to examine him for injury. He seemed a bit roughed up, a few tufts of fur missing from his coat, but other than that he appeared to be undamaged. That was a relief. Macrofurs had powerful immine and healing abilties, so they had little use for medicine, and if he had been hurt badly she wasn't certain if she could get him to care in time.

"I'll leave you two alone, for now." Veola grinned and stepped back, "guess that means I either go to the festivities, or," she licked her lips, "maybe he's got some tiny friends around here that you aren't acquianted with." Then, despite her large size, she vanished like a wraith into the night. As soon as she left, Joey gave a visible shudder in her paws. Rachel felt greatly relieved that he was okay, but then at the same time she found herself extremely irked.

"I told you not to follow me," she growled at him. "You're lucky I became friends with Veola, otherwise she or someone else could have had you for dinner right now." Joey squirmed a bit to move to the top of her hand, brushed himself off, and then did his best to mimic her expression. It was surprisingly accurate, too, considering the immense difference in proportion he had to work with.

"Hey," he replied, "you've been gone for days. Everyone's worried sick about you, including me, and you expect me not to do something about it? Just because you were the same size as this bunch doesn't mean that you're completely safe with them." In response to this, Rachel closed him off in one hand, while she brought her other paw to place against her hip like someone scolding a child.

"I was safer than you," she pointed out, lifting him closer to her muzzle, "do you have any idea how scared I was seeing you in Veola's paw? We had a small conversation yesteday about what we'd 'do' if we ever had a micro in our hands. I could give you the shivers just by generalizing her thoughts."

Joey raised an eyebrow, "oh, and what did you fantasize about?" Rachel considering giving him a slight uncomfortable squeeze, but decided against it since she might go too far and crush his ribcage or worse.

"Nothing, really," she told him. Rachel finally sighed, rubbing her forehead with her fingers, "I suppose I shouldn't stay mad at you, but gods, why the sudden recklessness?"

He grinned and nuzzled her finger, "guess you're just an inspiration to us all."

"Oh, you." Her words sounded less angry right now, and to Joey's relief and pleasure, Rachel then carefully took him back to what must have been her shelter, or at least what the macrofurs used as a guestroom. The hut was rather crude, built by a large number of trees twisted, warped, and tied together with their canopies forming the roof. Inside was a bed that appeared to be made of some sort of cloth---how they could have gotten that much or woven it together was a mystery, but as she set him down onto it Joey had to mentally compliment whoever made this for the softness.

"By the way," he said, eyeing her, "nice outfit." Not wanting to dirty the same clothes, apparently Rachel had borrowed from the others. She was now adorned in a small bra and a loincloth reaching down to the knees of her slender, smooth legs. Joey felt his mouth dry as she lit a candle the width of a flagpole and the glow cast itself upon her entire body, revealing her beautiful form in almost all its glory. She smiled playfully as she lay down beside him, and scooping him up into her paw she then carefully moved onto her back, holding him above her lovely chest.

"I see you still retained your charm through the shock," she purred, hand dipping down to settle him between her cleavage. Once more Joey felt that schoolboy nervousness mixed in with his enjoyment, something she caught and chuckled, "and you still get uneasy around me. That's good, I kind of like those features about you."

Her fingers encircled him as she began to gently fondle and caress the tiny fur that snuggled against her huge body. "I think I'll hold you for a while," she told Joey softly, continuing to pet him, "sorry for snapping earlier, but you did have me frightened."

"S-same here," he managed to get out, feeling himself threatening to melt with contentment. Like a massage, he felt his tensions evaporating. All his mind focused on now was that he was back with the person he cared for, and, macro or not he was happy that she had him. Rachel shifted around a bit, causing her breasts to move in closer on him, further trapping him in the cozy softness. Her eyes watched him protectively from above like a goddess. Joey could feel himself threatening to doze off again.

BOOM!

The sudden noise came again and with horror Joey swiveled his head to see none other than Kilos and the very same group of macros from earlier stride into the hut. Rachel was on her feet instantly--so fast that his ears actually popped. She held him protectively against herself as she faced down the other macros. "Well," said Kilos, "what a touching scene that we have here."
Last edited by Duct Tape Fanatic on Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Heartwing » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:30 am

You know, I have a friend I'd like to introduce Kilos too. He's really pissing me off.

I'm happy as hell to see another chapter of this story. I think you hurried it a bit much though. Not the story, but the posting of it. You have more typo's than normal. Not that I'm complaining, like I said, I'm happy as hell to be reading it. :D

Thanks DTF
Last edited by Heartwing on Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heartwing
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Ransom » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:37 am

Heartwing wrote:You know, I have a friend I'd like to introduce Kilos to. He's really pissing me off.

We need to get Crux on the job.
HIIIIIIYA!!!
One of those side kicks of his and Kilos is out cold. :wink:
Ransom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby padfootsm » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:29 am

DTF has done it again ladies and gentlefurres. He has given regular characters like Kilos a personality. So much so that we actually dislike him. And he is only a side character on this quest in the life of a shape changer. I mean, look at him. We all dislike him (except Rogue probably) already. And he has only been officially defined in this last posting. What I mean by that is that we've seen more of him. We saw him earlier, but he was just there. Now we know him more.

Also, your stories have a vivid amount of imagery to them DTF. Especially in such a way as we can picture ourselves from the macro or micro perspective. You've even given me a few ideas from this. Great job as always on that.

Finally, you did have a few more spelling errors. You kept putting a 'p' where an 'o' would go. More than normal, but mistakes happen. Especially when writting late at night...which I do alot.

Once again, thank you for continuing this saga Duct. I can't wait to see more of it.
"The quill is truly stronger than the sword."
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:16 pm

Sorry, as I told Heart, not only did I get a new PC without Word's spellchecker, but it came with a smaller and more sensitive keyboard than I'm used to, but I'll fix this up, I promise, and I'll hopefully get used to the new system.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Alandrion » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:56 am

*pops out of lurkerdom for a few moments*

I've been reading this from the beginning, DTF, and I must say, it's very well-written. Padfoot's kinda said all there is to say that I wanted to say, so I'll just point and say "yeah, that" ;).

A brief note, and the biggest thing I popped up for a minute, is that the page is being stretched in the last couple of additions by the really looooooooooooong lines of asterixes (asterices?)... if you knocked a few inches off of those, the rest of the story would shrink in width accordingly :).
Alandrion
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby Ransom » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:13 pm

Alandrion wrote:*pops out of lurkerdom for a few moments*

I've been reading this from the beginning, DTF, and I must say, it's very well-written. Padfoot's kinda said all there is to say that I wanted to say, so I'll just point and say "yeah, that" ;).

A brief note, and the biggest thing I popped up for a minute, is that the page is being stretched in the last couple of additions by the really looooooooooooong lines of asterixes (asterices?)... if you knocked a few inches off of those, the rest of the story would shrink in width accordingly :).

Yeah, take a few *** away and the story should be easier to read.
Ransom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:38 am

Heh, I did get a little carried away with those, didn't I?
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Archive: Macro Story