From the Country to the City. (outside my usual series)

Archive of the "Macro Story" forum.

Postby padfootsm » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:01 pm

DAMN! Why must you stop!?!? So good...I want more. I'll beg and plead, but I want to read more. :lol:

Anyways, good job DTF. I love the story and love what you've done with it. A few spelling errors here and there, but that happens. Can't wait to see more.
"The quill is truly stronger than the sword."
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Nemesis » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:28 pm

Jolly good. Keep going.
Nemesis
Gojira
Gojira

Postby MasterNightBlade » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:07 am

In the words of Agent Smith:

More...

Cuz more is always better ya know. :P
MasterNightBlade
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Heartwing » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:01 am

This story just gets better and better. Keep on Rockin' DTF. :D
Heartwing
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Drakkel » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:37 pm

I am speechless. Seriously. If I could list all the good things about the story, it'd be about 7 pages long. I'm kind of sad that Rachel left Joey, but that's what makes a story good. Spectacular story.
Drakkel
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby padfootsm » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:20 am

Sorry to bug ya DTF, but I was wondering what happened to this? You still working on it or kinda busy? Just curious. Hope I'm not intruding. Thanks.
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:04 pm

Yes, I am still working on it, but I'm also doing about half a dozen other stories for various things at the same time, sorry for the long wait but I'll try to get something up before the end of the week.
Fixing the world, one duct tape job at a time.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby padfootsm » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:04 pm

I'm sorry DTF, but I've got to bugs ya till I see more. You said before the end of the week and the week passed. Just checking with ya.
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:10 am

Oooookay, at long last here's an update.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Rachel froze, blinking in surprise. She hadn't really known what to expect from another macrofur, but it certainly wasn't the friendly chorus of greetings they gave her, a long with all the genuine smiling. The inquiry of the first rang in her ears, and she nervously replied, "um, well, I guess I was looking for you guys." If this was the "Pack" referred to by the last macro they saw, then the one directly in front of her must have been the Alpha male---assuming the same definitions of leadership applied.

"Looking for us, now?" Once more the booming, amused voice. Rachel wondered briefly how loud it would be to someone Joey's size, but she nodded. The massive canine put hands the size of tractors on his hips and gave her an inquisitive. "Interesting. You're little more than a child, and yet here you are, all alone, dangerously close to the tiny folk's city, looking for us?" This time she heard a slight note of suspcicion, but that was to be expected, since the leader was supposed to look out for the group's well-being.

She nodded, "um, my namer is Rachel Smith and I--."

She didn't get to finish. A visible shock ran thorugh the pack and someone gasped, "she's calling herself by one of their names?" They crowded closer around her, as if making sure that what they saw was really what it was. "She's clearly one of our own, and yet, she even wears the garments!" Fine bits of tan and dark cloth covered the macros, but Rachel's top and shorts made her stand out like a beacon. She jumped as she felt someone running their paw along her arm, mentally wondering if this was a smart idea after all.

"Who's your parents?" The Alpha asked.

Rachel sighed, "I don't know." She wasn't sure about telling a bunch of strangers about her history, but they'd probably guess at most of it. "I was raised by the---tiny folk as you called them. I can change size, so I blended among them for several years." One or more listeners looked ready to interrupt, but the lead macro silenced them with a lifted paw, nodding at her to continue. "I recently learned about their being a---pack near here, so I came out to see if I could learn anything."

Silence, then a young macro in the back said, "oh, so it was you I saw the other night. But wait, if you were raised by tinies, then did you really---?"

This time, they were the same height and no one was nearby that she had to protect, so Rachel allowed herself to become seriously irritated. "No," she replied, "I did not devour them alive, crush them sadistically, or otherwise torment my friends to death for my own, twisted pleasure." Thinking about what could have happened to Joey made the ruff on the back of her neck stand up. She didn't get angry often, but in this case as his face showed no remorse Rachel wanted to wipe that smirk clean off his muzzle.

"Ah, so I see you met Kilos," the Alpha chuckled, then regarded her with renewed interest. "And it seems that he was playing in your little friends' city. Don't be too hard on him. While most of us enjoy scaring and teasing the micros from time to time, we usually stop at actually killing them. Unless they do something to us, first, that is." He grinned, showing pearly white, sharp fangs. Rachel was about mention the attacks earlier were people did get killed, but before she could he added, "and my name is Kalzak. I bid you welcome to my pack, um, Rachel Smith."

"Just call me Rachel," she replied. She had a feeling Kalzak mentioned his no-kill-policy just to make her feel better---otherwise, why had Kilos simply shrugged and walked away she told him that Joey and Earwood were her living playthings. But for now that would have to wait, considering that she had a lot of information to discover about her lost heritage.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Life just wasn't the same without Rachel around, and Joey wondered how he had been able to go with it before he met her. Sure, the old gang was always fun, but still, he couldn't enjoy the activited and pranks they played while worrying about what she could have gotten into. Macrofurs were said to be cruel, barbaric, and monstrous to people his size---he didn't want to think how they'd act to a young girl their size who knew very little about the way things with them worked.

Being the same size did not guarantee safety.

Her aunt cornered him one day, demanding to know what became of her niece. "Honestly, Miss," he said to her accusing face, "I do not know where she is, nor did I have anything to do with it." He felt sorry for her, really. No doubt images of Rachel strapped to a table, naked, with wires hooked and attached all over her body in a secret military base played in her mind every night. But he didn't know where she was. All Rachel told him was that she was going to find the other macros---the details of the location escaping probably both of them.

Whatever it scent it was that made them different from normal furs seemed to only be apparent to Rachel, leaving Joey to reinforce his theory that what he called "shape-changing," the macros called, "camoflauge." That was why he could honestly say to the hazed woman that her best guess was as good as his. Even so, she still left him with a big warning, basically that if something did happen to Rachel and he was responsible, Joey would be have been better off if he just dived down that macro's throat the other night.

Earwood was beating himself up. Joey would never have been able to see the two of them comforting each other, but there he was trying constantly to tell the human principal that it wasn't his fault Rachel disappeared, and nothing he said or done could have stopped it---which was pretty true. Even Clarissa seemed bummed about their friend's absence. This didn't stop her from visiting the peep hole into the boy's locker room, but she did seem to be less enthusiastic about it.

As Vinny told him, "well, we were just fine without Rachel before, but when she came and got to know us it turned out that things are gloomy when one of our friends is gone." Mentally, Joey wondered how the others would take the knowledge of what she was. He certainly hadn't just openly accepted her as a macrofur. Though Rachel eventually won him over, Joey still remembered with shame thinking only about how he was going to die if he didn't escape from her. He'd never like that about her again, but still, he'd also never be guiltfree of that if she didn't come back safely.

So that was why he now tromped into the woods with a hiking pack hastily thrown together that cotnained a few days food and water along with an old canvas tent. Joey vaguely recalled his years in the Fur Scouts, but he hopefully retained enough to make it through the woods to find her---and from that point on he hadn't the faintest idea what to do next. He doubted that his knot-tying skills would save him if there was trouble, but he couldn't just sit there knowing what she could be into.

Between the shrinking abiltiy and the fact that he was unable to pick up that special scent of a macro, Joey was almost positive that it was a camoflage technique designed to either keep those like Rachel concealed from their enemies, or else allow them to sneak up more easily on their prey. Such were his thoughts as the sky darkened and he decided that it would be safer to set up camp for the night instead of wander around aimlessly in the pitch black.

It took him two tries to get the blasted tent to stay up, and he was certain that it'd leak come so much as a light drizzle. This is what I get for spending more years in front of the TV instead of in the woods, he thought with a grumble as he crawled into his sleeping bag. A chorus of crickets and frogs sang in the evening, while a few owls hooted as they flew overhead. Even in this dark time, he had to appreciate the beauty of the living forest. No matter what happened, it and its denizens always continued on with life, never stopping.

But then that was just what happened. All sounds ceased. No crickets chirped, no frogs croaked---even the owls had disappeared. Joey found that to be very unsettling. He was just about to clambor out of the bag when he suddenly felt and heard the footsteps at the same time. BA-BOOM! BA-BOOM!. And a chorus of laughter, louder than thunder, came from above him. "WELL, WELL, WELL, WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE?"

For once, he wasn't worried about Rachel.
Fixing the world, one duct tape job at a time.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Heartwing » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:26 am

I've never minded a little work for a good story, and the strange increase in the width of this page certainly addes a little work. heh.

Joey's heartsickness could lead to some unwanted paw attention. heh

I'm glad you put up another chapter, DTF. It's a great read, well done again.
Heartwing
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Archive: Macro Story