Beginning Anew

Archive of the "Macro Story" forum.

Beginning Anew

Postby padfootsm » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:35 pm

A light layer of dust covered the ground. There were no footprints marking places where any had stepped, for this place had been left undisturbed for quite some time. There was a noise from outside the room, constant and quiet. It slowly began to grow, louder and louder, the noise of footsteps approaching.

With a loud creak, the door was opened and in walked a single figure. Behind him, small clouds of dust were kicked up.

"Home again," came the quiet whisper. He looked around at the place in the light that filtered in from the open door. Here were memories long gone, locked up and placed away for later. It seemed that later had come. It was time to reopen the flood gates and let the waters flow once more.

Yet, things were different now. It wasn't noticeable, but they were. A quick glance around told the figure everything he needed to know. The room had not changed. He had. A short walk over to the desk brought him to a book, closed up and sealed to protect it from age. A few movements to unseal it and release it were all it took. A few flips through it showed him many things, long past.

"Time to begin anew," was the whisper that echoed around this forgotten place. For it was forgotten no longer.
"The quill is truly stronger than the sword."
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby padfootsm » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:49 pm

Padfoot sat there, his eyes not seeing a single thing around him. No, his eyes were still looking, but they were seeing time. Things of the past that had once taken place here. People who were no longer there. Friends he had lost over time. He closed his eyes just once and let a shed tear run down. There were many, many memories in this place especially.

The grey wolf pulled out a small crystal from his pocket and glanced at it with a smile. With his free hand, he rubbed one paw through his brown hair, cut shorter than it had ever been before. His red slashes of fur on his arms ruffled slightly and then just fell the same way the rest of his fur did. There were others waiting for him though...and now really wasn't the time he thought to himself. He stood up. As he did so, without even thinking about it, he saw a figure enter the room. Even as he saw it, he knew it for what it was. A younger version of himself, coming into this very same place, looking around in wonder at a home that was constructed so slowly and carefully. By many hands over the course of months. It had boggled his mind.

Once it had. Now he simply smiled at that younger self's simplicity. He walked past that ghost, grabbing the book off of the desk, and then walked outside. He had a few things to do before he could start cleaning this place back up. For now though, he had what he had come for. His beginnings.
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby crazyfox22 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:12 pm

This looks like it's gonna get gooood

I shall be watching! =3
crazyfox22
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby padfootsm » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:02 pm

crazyfox22 wrote:This looks like it's gonna get gooood

I shall be watching! =3

To be honest, this was just a fun little writing experiment to get the juices flowing. I don't know if I'm going to do anything more with it. I might...but not sure. =3
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby crazyfox22 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:17 am

THat's cool man, all I'm saying is its really good, ya know
-smiles-
crazyfox22
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby TShaw » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:05 am

If you think any of us are going to let you quit here and now you don't know us very well.
TShaw
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby padfootsm » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:25 pm

TShaw wrote:If you think any of us are going to let you quit here and now you don't know us very well.

Bah...and how are you going to stop me?! MWAHAHAHAAAA...*cough* Aight. I'll write some more.
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby TesconWhitepaw » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:49 pm

so i herd u liek post length?

Tesc.
We are all made from the baset of elements
And that is why they show so clearly.
MW -

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more. - Mark Twain
TesconWhitepaw
Gojira
Gojira

Postby timid-wolf » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:54 am

Lovely work, man ^^. I love all the description and detail. Really shows memory well
timid-wolf
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby padfootsm » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:20 pm

The last rays of the sun, filtered by dusty blinds, slowly faded before his footsteps once more echoed down the hallway to his old room. Still clutching his book under his arm, he slowly walked a circle around the space. After a few passes, he went to a wooden chair sitting near a corner, dusted it off, then plopped himself down in it.

A smile slowly crept up his face. It was just for himself and no one else, but it was that kind of smile that could be infectious and make others join in. He had once sat in this chair quite a lot with a small laptop on his lap, working away at it. He could've sat at the desk with it, but for some reason to him the desk was hallowed ground, meant only for writing in his book.

Here on the chair, many papers had been graded, many essays corrected, and many students were given their overall rankings for the semester using simple letters such a "A,B, C, and D." Rarely did he give out the forbidden letter of "F." Then again, rarely did he get a student who didn't want to learn. Padfoot sat there, slowly closing his eyes and just enjoyed the old memories that brushed through it in the darkness.
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Next

Return to Archive: Macro Story