Angel Shayera: a JLU SM story (non-furry)

Archive of the "Macro Story" forum.

Angel Shayera: a JLU SM story (non-furry)

Postby Misty_Crom » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:27 pm

Before I start off, just want to apologise for that this might not be my usual standard (whatever anyone might think of that as being for anyone who's read anything I've written before). I haven't been writing for a little while, so I'm probably a bit rusty. It is nice to be creating again though.

This story is set in the animated JLU universe.

[u:c9fb6e95a6][b:c9fb6e95a6]Angel Shayera Pt1: Contact[/b:c9fb6e95a6][/u:c9fb6e95a6]

The new Watchtower was quiet. It often seemed the way as of late, the only work needing doing being relatively small-time or simple stuff. Well"¦ maybe. Maybe it just seemed that way with how well things were running. Regardless of the why and wherefores, it was a quiet evening with nothing going on. The only unusual thing was that it seemed to mostly just be the women around for several days. Martian Manhunter was on the night shift with Wonder Woman; though J"™onn was on the verge of letting Diana take the night off.

In another world, at exactly the same time, Adrian Moore was putting his pads and pens away for the night. For once, he"™d had a good evening of writing. He just couldn"™t shake an odd feeling in the back of his mind. Heading down to the kitchen, he shrugged it off as nothing. Probably just brain-ache from all the writing. As he flicked the light switch in the kitchen as he stepped into the room however, there was a loud pop and a flash. "Bloody bulb. Why they always blow when it"¦ what the"¦" he started; trailing off in a different direction as his eyes cleared some. Something... no"¦ make that everything"¦ was wrong. He was in [i:c9fb6e95a6][b:c9fb6e95a6]a[/b:c9fb6e95a6][/i:c9fb6e95a6] kitchen, sure; only it was huge. Not just slightly oversized huge; full blown Gulliver"™s Travels huge. Shaking, he walked over towards the kettle. It had to be over ten feet tall.

In another room on another floor of the Watchtower, Shayera has just finished drying her wings off from the shower. She"™d been tempted to go ask Kara to dry them quicker, but she knew it couldn"™t be healthy for her wings. Plus this way, they kept the sheen from the wash for longer. Shrugging on a nightie. Just an old white thing made of thick, warm cotton. She couldn"™t help a smile as she imagined Diana thinking she was trying to look Themysciran. Diana"™d say it too though and she never had done before. Decent, the winged red-head wandered down toward the kitchen for that tea she had promised herself before she had to go to help evacuate after a landslide.

Walking around on the side, Adrian decided to go see if he could see inside the cup past the kettle. Standing on tip-toe, he looked inside. And he suddenly found himself freshly scared. It was clean, and had a fresh teabag inside it. The kettle wasn"™t warm though, so whoseever it was, they must have forgotten about it. Pretty much out of instinct, the now miniscule"¦ six inches he figured"¦ man walked over and switched the half filled kettle on. Just that was a task"¦ he wound up standing on the switch to press it down.

When she first entered the kitchen, Shayera just stood, bemused for several moments at the sight of a tiny man by the kettle. As she watched him look around on the worktop, she couldn"™t resist a short smile. "So cute." She breathed to herself, though she was almost shocked into revealing her presence when both Dinah and Kara seemed to materialise out of nowhere behind her. "What is it? It can"™t be a real person, surely?" Canary whispered.
"Who cares? Just look at "˜im. He"™s so cuuuute." Kara returned, barely audible to even Hawkgirl and Black Canary who were stood right with her. As the other two discussed how cute the miniscule man was, Hawkgirl had an idea of how to approach him and "“ hopefully "“ not scare him too much if he doesn"™t know who she is. "Just keep back and keep quiet okay you two? We don"™t want to scare the poor thing any more than we have to." Shayera told her colleagues.
"Okay"¦ I guess"¦ but don"™t be too long"¦ I wanna hold him." Kara whispered. Canary just gave an accepting nod, smiling at Kara. "What she said. C"™mon kid... you owe me a game of RaveBall anyways."

As Black Canary and Supergirl headed off, Hawkgirl walked into the kitchen, purposefully moving slowly and quietly; not completely trying to approach the tiny man unnoticed, more so that if he does notice as she"™s walking in, he might not be as startled. Though he seemed too bothered about trying to switch the kettle on for some reason to have noticed her.

Satisfied"¦ and at the same time confused at his own actions"¦ it isn"™t like he"™d be able to pour the thing. Or even get at, let alone add any milk or sugar. As he turned around however, Adrian saw that he wasn"™t alone anymore. Looking down at him was a beautiful redheaded woman who looked to be a similar age to himself. She had to be easily fifty feet tall. Probably more. Instinctively, he backed away slowly as he looked around at the woman"¦ since she was far too huge to see all at once. She wore white"¦ what looked like a dress or toga. She was obviously in shape, and her skin was a wonderful shade too. In the back of his mind, he imagined commenting on her hair too"¦ then there were her wings.

Wings? Noticing these, Adrian just stared, awestruck by the titanic feathered wings clearly sprouting from the woman"™s back. Having kept still"¦ as though letting him look her over"¦ she now moved. She lowered her head to closer to his level. "Hello there little one. My name is Shayera." She spoke. "Come closer little man. It"™s all right. I won"™t hurt you." She added when the tiny man backed off quickly, backing into the coffee jar against the wall, Shayera purposely speaking slower"¦ she wanted to strike the right balance.

Adrian; unable to take his yes off of the gigantic"¦ winged woman did as told, trying not to stare at those majestic appendages. She clearly noticed though. She smiled at him. At first, he expected it to be a menacing smile"¦ but it wasn"™t. It was quite kind and soft. "You like them don"™t you? You know what I am don"™t you?" She asked"¦ or... was she telling him that he knew? Did he? He wasn't sure he did, but he was too scared to say no. Before he could nod or shake his head in response though, she stood up to her full height, spreading her wings out, the wind displacement from just this knocking him back onto his backside. "I"™m an angel." Shayera proclaimed, certain that she sounded way, way too precocious and that the tiny man would just be convinced she sees him as some dumb creature. She had to mentally check herself when the effect seemed to be pretty much perfect though. He believed her. Completely. She could actually almost see a large chunk of his fear leave. Well. Change. Now he was in awe. Well"¦ at least it was a step in the right direction. Ok"¦ now for phase two Shayera; she thought to herself.
a pink furred male fox of between 5ft and 1inch.

So, Misty apparently majored in Writing and minored in Chuck Norris. Frickin' hell. (courtesy of The Blue Mage)
Misty_Crom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Misty_Crom » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:58 pm

[u:d183da5f6a][b:d183da5f6a]Angel Shayera Pt2: 'Phase Two'[/b:d183da5f6a][/u:d183da5f6a]

As the giantess told him what she was, Adrian"™s heart actually skipped a beat; all the questions and fears in his head being almost wholesale swapped for a completely different set. The "˜my god, she"™s huge"™ bit stayed, of course, but an angel wouldn"™t hurt him, surely? She had said she wouldn"™t do so, but that announcement helped a lot. But she [i:d183da5f6a]was[/i:d183da5f6a] still huge. As he sat, looking up at the angel, he found himself in complete awe of her now. Her face made him feel bad about that, but he was. Then she spoke again, startling him as we was lost in a hundred thoughts. "I"™m going to ask you a question little one. And I expect complete honesty, regardless of the truth. Do you understand?" she asked.

As the strange, miniature man nodded his understanding of her ultimatum, Shayera realised that he must still be very frightened of her, and just hoped he wasn"™t too scared to talk. Once she had mentally recomposed herself, Shayera asked Adrian: "Do you believe you are a good man? That you have led a good life so far?"

Adrian listened to the angel, knowing he was going to have to try and get some words out, knowing it was going to be difficult given how scared he was. "I"¦ th... think so. I"¦ I"¦" he started.
"It"™s all right. Take your time. I know you can"™t help being afraid." Shayera interrupted, hoping to reassure the small man. Thankfully, she seemed to have succeeded as he nodded, taking a few deep breaths and shifting back a little more, sitting against the coffee jar to look up to the Thanagarian. "I"¦ I try to be"¦ I"¦ I am. But... I know I"™m sometimes l... lazy and stuff." Adrian answered, his voice shaking. He was mostly relieved when he was stopped again by Shayera. He knew as soon as he stopped that he was starting to ramble a bit, which seemed to amuse the angel; he noticed a slight giggle being stifled. "That"™s fine... just that you are is enough." She smiled down softly

"Now that that necessity is out of the way"¦ you looked as though you were attempting to make a drink. Are you thirsty?" Shayera asked, realising how obvious the answer was as she said it. Even if he hadn"™t been so before, being so scared must have dried his mouth out a lot. "Y"¦ yes A"¦ Angel Sh"¦ Shayera." He answered, a few moments after nodding. Shayera figured he must have decided secondarily that speaking to her wasn"™t so bad. "Well; what would you like? I can offer you coffee, tea, hot cocoa"¦ mocha"¦ unless you"™d prefer a cold drink now?" Shayera offered, half checking the water level in the kettle as she did so. "T"¦ tea please. M... milk, t"¦ two sugars. Uhm; th"¦ thank you m"¦ miss." He told her, pressing back and down against the jar. With a short nod of acknowledgement, Hawkgirl flicked the kettle back on and checked the cup before heading over to get the milk out of the fridge, making a show of stretching her wings as she did so.

As Angel Shayera continued to be nice to him, Adrian started to relax a bit, though he couldn"™t help being more than a little uneasy with specifying how he liked his tea, trying to move away further, worried she"™d shout at him for"¦ well he wasn"™t sure what, but he was worried she"™d shout at him and at her size, that"™d most likely be quite painful.

During the moments of quiet whilst the kettle reboiled and the angel went to get the milk, Adrian found himself wondering how and why he was here. Especially seeing as he was seemingly in an angel"™s kitchen. Just as he was about to open his mouth to speak however"¦

"What is your name mortal man?" Shayera asked as she poured the water into the cup, only just realising that she still didn"™t know. "Hya! A"¦ A"¦ Adrian. Adrian M"¦ Moore M"¦ M"¦ Miss." Adrian told her, jumping at the sudden break in the short silence. Shayera winced slightly at the way her little friend jumped at her voice, having thought she had been making progress; though she then received an unexpected reprieve from him; "I"¦ S.. Sorry. I"¦ You made me jump. I"¦ I was just"¦ I wanted to a.. ask you something M"¦ Miss"¦ Angel Shayera." Adrian explained, having noticed the wince as he told her his name, figuring the reason. "Oh. Thank you. I was worried I"™d frightened you. And of course"¦ and you don"™t have to ask to say or ask anything. Now; what was it little Adrian Moore?" Hawkgirl smiled, figuring using the man"™s full name might seem more"¦ etherial?

After the angel spoke this time, Adrian moved a bit closer; to around the middle of the worktop; both wanting to show Shayera that he was less afraid now and wanting to compose himself. He wasn"™t sure if he completely wanted to know the answer to what he [b:d183da5f6a]did[/b:d183da5f6a] know he had to ask. Thankfully, the angel seemed to pick up on his unease, and lowered herself so that her face was nearer his height. "W"¦ where am I?" Adrian asked first, starting to shake with fear of the main question he wanted to ask.

As Adrian moved closer before asking his question, Shayera stopped what she was doing with the tea to give him her full attention, lowering down so that she could hear easier and so that the poor thing didn"™t have to look up quite so high for a bit, noticing his nervousness. Though she thought they were of her after the question. "You"™re in my kitchen." She smiled at him, speaking quieter slightly since her fce was only about two feet from him. Thinking that was all the little guy wanted, Shayera reverted her attention to his drink, about to fish the tea bag from the cup when he spoke again.

Adrian didn"™t even notice the giant angel stand back up straight. He"™d not been able to help a gasp at her giant face so close to him"¦ as much at her beauty as her size"¦ but she seemed to misunderstand what he meant, looking away for a moment before clarifying. "A"¦ Am I"¦ Is.. Is this"¦ H"¦ Heaven?" he asked now, looking up, struggling to keep from crying.

Shayera almost dropped the spoon in her hand at that, the question hitting her like a bolt. Suddenly, she started to wish she had just aproached the little man directly rather than playing at this. "I"¦" she started, almost just confesing to having been lieing. But no"¦ that would be worse now. Then there"™s no way he"™d trust her. "Yes"¦ It is." She told him, not able to bring herself to look at him as she said it. She was sure she could feel his emotions they were so strong right now. Shayera looked at Adrian as he seemed to wrestle with his thoughts.

"Am"¦ Am I"¦ d"¦ dead?"

If the last one was a bolt, this question was like being hit by a locomotive. She felt cold at it. It was almost as much as Hawkgirl could do to just keep on her feet. Almost. But she was too concerned over the poor, frightened little man who was sat, now crying "“ understandably "“ next to the mug Vigilante had got her for her birhtday. she looked at him, numb as she answered, now having to think as she spoke. "I"¦ I really couldn"™t say. Not for certain. I don"™t think so though. It"¦ It"™s a little complicated"¦ I don"™t really handle that area myself. Not directly. I"™m sorry. But either way, I promise"¦ I"™ll take care of you for as long as you are here." Shayera struggled, winging it completely "“ so to speak, hoping that her putting in the complication issue might cover the uncertainty in her voice.

So, Misty apparently majored in Writing and minored in Chuck Norris. Frickin' hell. (courtesy of The Blue Mage)
Misty_Crom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Misty_Crom » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:50 pm

[u:6e94c4c0e3][b:6e94c4c0e3]Angel Shayera Pt3: Angel Interupted[/b:6e94c4c0e3][/u:6e94c4c0e3]

For a few moments, the diminutive Adrian seemed to accept what Shayera said. She herself didn"™t fully notice herself putting the teabag from the cup to the bin by her knee.

"M"¦ M"¦ Miss Shayera? C"¦ can"¦ I ask something? I"¦ it"™s"¦ something that happened a wh"¦ while back." Adrian asked of Shayera after a bit. For a moment, Hawkgirl thought. To Adrian, she was considering whether he could ask, though really, she was deciding if she wanted to let him for his own sake. What if she really couldn"™t offer an answer? Ultimately though, she found herself nodding, saying yes despite being terrified of what he might confess to.

"Wh"¦ when I was at school"¦ I"¦ I think I was fourteen"¦ I. It was in a science lesson and we were doing forces and gravity. I"¦ We were doing this thing with dropping different objects out f a window"¦ timing them coming down. Uhm... anyway"¦ I was the one who had to take the stuff back up"¦ so I was up and down the stairs all the time"¦" Adrian started, only lancing t the massive angel, intent on just getting through what he wanted to say"¦ to ask. Shayera crouched down to him, just as before. "Well"¦ I"¦ I"™m sort of competitive"¦ and"¦ the guys at the top were joking about how long I was taking"¦ I"¦ I s'pose they were being sarcastic"¦ cause I was rushing so much"¦ but I sort of took it as a challenge"¦ I sort of was trying to get down before the things being dropped. S... stupid I know"¦ trying to go round and down quicker than gravity"¦ but"¦ I used to jump down four"¦ five"¦ sometimes six stairs if I was in a hurry between classes"¦ I jumped down too much of the big set of stairs"¦ I hit my head on the wall around the landing that hung over the stairs"¦. So"¦ I know I must"™ve fallen at least seven or eight feet"¦ I"¦ I landed on the small of my back on the edge of one of the bottom two steps"¦ I"¦" Adrian stopped for a moment, a significant moment. Shayera tried to figure what the small man might ask, but she had no idea. And she knew it.

Unbeknownst to Adrian and "˜Angel"™ Shayera, Wonder Woman had been relieved of her night shift duties and had, moments ago, noticed Shayera knelt in front of what she initially thought to be just a cup of tea. She had been just about to ask what she"™d dropped when she noticed someone on the worktop. With the man being no more than six inches tall, she almost assumed it was Ray. But this little man wasn"™t Ray. The only similarity "“ miniscule size notwithstanding "“ was the hair colour. For now, Diana just stood and watched and tried to listen to what the strange little man was saying.

"I"¦ should have been"¦ paralysed. Surely"¦ how I landed"¦ I"¦ just"¦ I"™ve always been"¦ convinced a"¦ an angel had my back that day"¦ uhm"¦ for want of better wording." Adrian continued, looking almost scared of what he was saying as far as Shayera could tell. "W"¦ was"¦ was it"¦ you?" he asked suddenly, his tiny eyes so full of so many emotions. All Shayera could think was: "˜Oh"¦ that explains the nerves about saying that. Help?"™

At this point, Diana decided that she should step in. For both their sakes. "Outside, [i:6e94c4c0e3][b:6e94c4c0e3]now[/b:6e94c4c0e3][/i:6e94c4c0e3], [i:6e94c4c0e3]Angel[/i:6e94c4c0e3] Shayera." She said from right beside her winged co-hero. Having been so lost in deciding what to say to what Adrian had just asked her, Diana"™s sudden command almost gave Hawkgirl a heart attack; the Thanagarian jumping to her feet. On the worktop, Adrian too had been lost in thought. Well, thought and the deep green eyes of the angel before him. Even if he had been expecting it, the second giantess"™ voice would have frightened the life out of him. As it was, he all but dived back, this time going behind the jar; just enough to be able to see who it was who sounded so angry at Angel Shayera.

"Diana"¦ you"¦ we have a visitor Diana. And you just frightened him half to death. I"™ll come outside in a moment. I have to make sure he"™s all right first. Go wait for me." Shayera returned to Diana, surprised at herself even at how she not only kept up her angel role, but at how commanding she managed to sound. She just prayed that she hadn"™t just annoyed Diana too much. She"™d explain out of the little guy"™s earshot if Diana did as she"™d just said. At first, Diana wanted to throw Shayera across the room for the way she had just spoken to her. Especially given that she knew full well why she had just told her to step outside. But she also did have a point. She [i:6e94c4c0e3]had[/i:6e94c4c0e3] just terrified the little man, and as furious as she was at Shayera, she decided to humour her for the moment, turning on her heel and heading back out of the kitchen, waiting in the hall by the door.

"It"™s okay little Adrian"¦ she"™s gone. Come on"¦ come out for me"¦ please?" Shayera asked of Adrian once Diana was out of sight. Watching the two titanic women from behind the jar, Adrian was relieved when the new, non-winged giantess left the room. Though through his renewed fear, something seemed familiar about her. But then Shayera asked him to come out, reassuring him. Scared as he was of the taller giantess, he trusted Shayera, so he did as she asked. Though he just moved to the front of the jar. "That"™s better. Now look"¦ I am sorry that Diana scared you so much"¦ and I"™m sure she"™s sorry too. I have to go and speak with her for a few minutes though, okay? She wouldn"™t have been so abrupt if it wasn"™t very important. You wait here for me, okay? I"™ll be back as soon as I can." Shayera explained, trying to calm the small guy down. Once he nodded in acceptance of her words, the "˜angel"™ headed out to try and keep from getting put in the infirmary by Diana.

In the hallway, Diana was waiting, arms crossed over her chest"¦ and she didn"™t look happy. "I seriously hope that you have a very good explanation for the way you"™re tormenting that man." Diana said as soon as Shayera was out of the room, her tone putting Hawkgirl in no doubt as to how wisely she should chose to explain things. "I"¦ wait-a-minute"¦ [i:6e94c4c0e3]ME[/i:6e94c4c0e3] tormenting him? [b:6e94c4c0e3]You"™re[/b:6e94c4c0e3] the one who just waltzed in and frightened the life out of him." Shayera countered, much to not only Diana"™s, but her own surprise. "[b:6e94c4c0e3][i:6e94c4c0e3]What[/i:6e94c4c0e3][/b:6e94c4c0e3]?! That"™s only because he was already frightened witless of [b:6e94c4c0e3]you[/b:6e94c4c0e3]! I heard what he was saying to you Shayera. The only reason I kept up your cruel charade was for [i:6e94c4c0e3]his[/i:6e94c4c0e3] sake." Wonder Woman told Hawkgirl. For a moment, Shayera said nothing, just looking into the kitchen at the tiny man who was sat waiting. She looked up at Diana for a few moments. She was right in a way. It was a little cruel. But no"¦ she was sure that he"™d still be terrified of her if she hadn"™t said she was an angel. "Look"¦ when I saw him in there on his own, I couldn"™t know if he"™d know who we are or where he was. I just figured that if he"™s a good guy, then he wouldn"™t be too scared. I mean"¦ a giant angel"™s gotta be less scary than a giant winged woman claiming to be a superhero right? But I didn"™t mean for him to"¦ well"¦ think he"™s dead. But if you heard, then you"™ll know that I didn"™t say he is. And you"™ll know that if anything, my plan was working too well"¦ he was confiding in me Diana. He wanted to tell me that. To ask me what he just asked. To be honest"¦ I have no idea what to say. I wouldn"™t go so far as claiming to have protected him then, but how do I say it wasn"™t me?" Diana listened as Shayera explained, Shayera relieved as the Amazonian princess"™s anger seemed to lessen a lot. "Okay"¦ I"™ll play along. For now. But you [i:6e94c4c0e3]have[/i:6e94c4c0e3] to come clean to him. I mean he will realise sooner or later you know? But as for your problem"¦ why not just tell him you"™re not allowed to say?" Wonder Woman told Shayera, giving a sigh with the "˜okay"™. "Thank you Diana. Really. And I want to. And I will. I just wanna find out if he has any idea who we are, and where he"™s from"¦ or if it"™s maybe just his size making him not recognise us. But I will tell him the truth. Just"¦ let me do it?" Shayera replied, and asked. Diana knew her well enough that she could tell that she was serious. Maybe she had reacted a little harshly without having seen or heard everything. "All right. You first then. [i:6e94c4c0e3]Angel[/i:6e94c4c0e3]Shayera." Diana nodded, smiling as she teased Shayera a little.

Misty_Crom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Misty_Crom » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:34 pm

[u:f6fc020d64][b:f6fc020d64]Angel Shayera Pt4: Diana, Angel In-Waiting[/b:f6fc020d64][/u:f6fc020d64]

As Angel Shayera came back into the room, Adrian got back to his feet and started to walk towards the front of the worktop. As soon as he saw her being closely followed by the taller giantess who"™d come in earlier though, backed back up to the coffee jar. He trusted that Shayera wouldn"™t let her hurt him, but he couldn"™t help being scared of her nonetheless; and he still couldn"™t figure out why she looked so familiar. The differing reactions wasn"™t lost on Diana either. It also wasn"™t lost on Shayera, who already knew what she was going to tell Adrian. She knew Diana wouldn"™t like it, but... well"¦ it served her right. "It"™s all right little mortal. This is Diana. She"™s an Angel-in-waiting"¦ that"™s why she doesn"™t have wings like I do." Shayera told Adrian softly, leaning down to him slightly; again spreading her wings as she mentioned them, "She wants to apologise, so"¦ try not to be so scared of her, okay?" she added, taking a small step to one side for Diana to make her apology.

Now she would never have admitted as much, but inside, Wonder Woman hated the way Shayera called her an angel in waiting. She didn"™t like the idea of Shayera being her superior. But she did at least acknowledge that not only did she deserve the aside to a degree for her rash assumptions, but it was also quite a good way to explain her not having wings. "Hey there little one. I"¦ It feels a little redundant saying this since Angel Shayera just told you, but"¦ I am very sorry for having frightened you before; it really wasn"™t my intention. Can you forgive me?" Diana spoke now, moving directly in front of the tiny man, slowly moving a finger towards him in offer of friendship.

At first, when Diana moved into Angel Shayera"™s place, Adrian considered just running to Shayera. But when she spoke calmly and softly, just as the angel had been doing, he stopped, and listened. When she moved a finger toward him, he instinctively shied back from it. After a moment though, he got the idea"¦ she was offering it like offering a hand to shake. Reminding himself that he"™d have to get used to everything being so much bigger, he moved closer and, after moving one hand to it, moved his other hand too, holding the fingertip with both hands.

Diana smiled softly as the little man held her finger. It was strange; she had been around Ray when he was this small several times, but this"¦ this was different. Maybe it was the knowledge that this man couldn"™t get bigger. Maybe it was because Ray was never afraid of people, even when he was as small as this. It didn"™t matter really; she just was happy that he decided to trust her, the feel of his tiny hands on her finger as she moved it very slightly and slowly in a sort of finger-shake was almost heart melting. "Thank you; Adrian, wasn"™t it?" she smiled down, getting a nod of acknowledgement back.

"That"™s better"¦ thank you Diana. And thank you for being so gracious in accepting my study"™s apology little Adrian. I know how much Diana wants to earn her wings, and I promise, I"™ll make sure that this goes in your favour Diana. So long as you remember to take a more measured approach in future." Shayera spoke now, making sure to make the most of having the upper hand over Diana for once. "Oh, I"™ll remember Angel Shayera; thank you." Wonder Woman smiled back to the Thanagarian, slightly overplaying the meekness for Shayera"™s benefit.

"Hmm"¦ You know, we could move over to the table. I think it might be more comfortable for all three of us. And you can have your drink little one." Shayera suggested, sounding slightly uncomfortable after a moment of quiet. "Sounds like a good idea to me." Diana nodded back, then looked down to Adrian for his decision.

As he sat by Diana"™s hand, his arm resting slightly on her still outstretched finger, Adrian was surprised when his opinion was asked about the move to the table. Though he did appreciate it, even if he did also realise that his being asked was most likely a polite formality rather than him having any actual say in the matter. Not that he minded. Besides, it did sound like a good idea, even if just for the slight change of scenery. "Y"¦ yes please. I... I"™d like to." He spoke up, looking from the trainee angel to angel.

"Well, I"™ll take the mug over"¦ I"™m sure you"™d rather Angel Shayera carry you across little man." Diana decided, picking the tea up and taking it over to the table before either other could say anything. After a quick glance to Diana, and having the Themysciran shoot her a knowing smile, Shayera moved a hand over to her little friend, laying it, palm up on the countertop.

Jumping back as Diana moved her hand, Adrian watched as she took the cup with the same hand. His attention was snapped back to Angel Shayera soon after when she moved her own, more slender (in relation to Diana"™s. It was still huge to Adrian) hand over to him. "Climb on then." She said simply when he just looked at it the hand for a few moments. "Sorry"¦ just"¦ so big." He apologised as he stepped up onto the hand, sitting down in the angel"™s palm. "Wow"¦" he couldn"™t help but mutter as he felt the warmth of it. Not that it was any warmer than Diana"™s, but he had only held onto her finger. He was actually sat on Shayera"™s hand. As he was lifted up, Adrian just looked up at the angel with a fresh appreciation of her size and power... and of her warmth.

Shayera heard the wow, but she decided to pretend she hadn"™t. She didn"™t want to embarrass the poor thing unnecessarily. As she sat down; rather than let Adrian off, Shayera held him to the lip of the mug of tea so he could get at it easier.

Diana just watched quietly, happy enough with doing so for the time being, but hoping that Shayera was planning to get to the point soon. As much as she could tell that her angel ruse certainly had the six inch man trusting her "“ and herself now "“ she still wasn"™t comfortable with lying to him.

As he was moved over to the mug of tea, Adrian couldn"™t help but smile. He"™d expected to be put on the table and expected to get at it himself. And he really wouldn"™t have minded in the least. It was really very thoughtful and kind of Angel Shayera. But then again, she was that"¦ an angel. He crawled over to the mug lip, leaning over to take a mouthful of tea. "Mmm"¦ nice"¦ thank you Angel Shayera. I mean"¦ for that and for holding me like this." He thanked the giant angel, having to turn round to look up to her. "That"™s all right; it"™s my pleasure. But you shouldn"™t sound so surprised that it"™s good tea"¦ don"™t forget where you are." Shayera chuckled slightly at herself as she spoke, rubbing at Adrian a little with her thumb.

As Adrian drank, Shayera gave Diana a nod and smile at seeing her friend"™s mixed feelings on her face, letting her know that she intended to stick to the deal and explain things s soon as Adrian had had his drink.

Misty_Crom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Nottyeagle » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:28 am

It's a crime that this hasn't been praised yet! :o

Great descriptions, as always, Master Crom.
Nottyeagle
Rampage
Rampage

Postby Misty_Crom » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:47 pm

Thanks for that Nottyeagle. Nice to know my work's enjoyed.

[u:69d8870c7f][b:69d8870c7f]Anel Shayera Pt5: Sub-Angels Kara And Dinah[/b:69d8870c7f][/u:69d8870c7f]

After a few minutes of quiet whilst Adrian drank his fill, he and Shayera started to speak at the same time. "Sorry"¦ you go first little one." Shayera smiled after stifling a chuckle at the coincidence. "Thank you"¦ I"¦ uhm"¦ I"¦" he struggled, looking from Shayera to Diana and back al the time. Diana almost started to say for him not to be scared"¦ until she realised that he was more embarrassed. "It"™s all right"¦ whatever it is, just ask." Shayera told him light-heartedly.
"Uhm"¦ I"¦ I need the toilet." Adrian told the angel, blushing deeply at himself.

"Hahaww"¦ there"™s no need to be embarrassed about that." Shayera assured the tiny man, lifting him up to her face, giving him a gentle kiss on his head, "C"™mon." She added as she stood up. "We won"™t be long Diana." Shayera said to Wonder Woman before leaving the room, cupping her free hand over the one with Adrian in so that he wouldn"™t see around the watchtower. And so that no one else would see him. "Don"™t worry. I"™m not going anywhere." Diana responded pointedly.

"I"™m sorry about covering you up like this by the way little one, but until I know why you"™re here better, I think it"™s best for both of us if I let you see as little of heaven as possible." Shayera apologised to the small man in her hands; not entirely untruthfully as she made her way towards the toilets.

After Shayera headed into the kitchen to talk to the tiny guy who had seemingly appeared there from nowhere, Kara and Dinah went off to; as Dinah suggested; play RaveBall. As they chatted about the little man though; theorising about how he got there, who he might be, what "“ if anything "“ might be the reason for him being there; they wound up just wandering the tower. Just as they were starting to figure that maybe they should actually go and play that game now, the pair noticed Shayera leaving the kitchen with her hands cupped in front of her.

"She"™s got him in her hands." Supergirl whispered to Black Canary as she looked through Hawkgirl"™s hands, then flew over, carrying Canary along, landing in front of Shayera. "Hey; what you got in your hands"¦ Angel Shayera?" Kara asked innocently. Were it not for her having heard Dinah"™s little yelp of surprise as Kara grabbed her, Shayera would have been given something of a shock when the pair landed in front of her. As it was, she just gave them a wry look. "Sub-angel Kara; Sub-Angel Dinah; what have I told you abut sneaking around at this hour?" Shayera chastised the other two heroes with a smile; Canary mouthing her intent at revenge to Shayera, knowing that the tiny man couldn"™t see. "Please"¦ forgive us Angel Shayera"¦ We just thought we would come and say hello. Then we saw that you seem to be carrying something and were just curious as to what it might be." Dinah apologised, though speaking it as much like a child in a school play as she thought she could get away with. "Yeah"¦ we really are sorry Angel Shayera." Kara chimed in after; herself trying to play along as convincingly as she could. "Look"¦ It"¦" Shayera started, then sighed as she couldn"™t think of a good cover without saying that it was the tiny man they"™d seen in the kitchen. Plus of course Kara had X-Ray vision, and could probably see him anyway. "I found a little, mortal visitor in my kitchen. But don"™t tell anyone. I"™ll take it upon myself to see why he"™s here and to make sure everything is as it should be. But I really do have to go"¦ he needs the toilet." The Thanagarian covered. "Oh"¦ well"¦ okay. But can I see him before he goes if he is to go home? Please Angel?" Kara asked, sounding more or less genuine. Apart from the angel part. "Oh"¦ me too. I"™d be [i:69d8870c7f]ever so[/i:69d8870c7f] grateful Angel Shayera." Dinah followed, again, making sure to overplay as much as she could. "Okay, Okay"¦ But only if he"™s happy to. Let us not forget that he is a visitor here. Now go!" Hawkgirl told Canary and Kara.

In the darkness of Angel Shayera"™s cupped hands, Adrian settled in against her fingers, actually quite liking it. It was something of a respite from trying to take in and to talk with two sixty odd foot tall women. Plus it was warm, and quite comfortable. The downside to being held so that he can"™t see anything other than Shayera"™s palms and fingers was that he almost jumped out of his skin when someone spoke to the angel holding him, though he couldn"™t help but smile when she gave him a sort of hand-hug in reassurance as she spoke to what turned out to be something called sub-angels. Adrian figured from the way they and Shayera spoke that they must be of a lower order than Diana, let alone Shayera"¦ he didn"™t really know the orders of angels, so he didn"™t think anything of it. As he listened to the short conversation, Adrian decided that he liked Kara, but he couldn"™t help feeling that Dinah sounded like she was biting her tongue a bit from the tone of her voice.

"Well, bye little man. Hope we can meet later. Bye Angel Shayera; and don"™t worry, we won"™t tell anyone." Kara said before stepping back out of Shayera"™s way.
"Yeah"¦ really"¦ and hey; you take care little guy." Dinah followed, as had been the pattern throughout the conversation. "Bye Kara"¦ bye Dinah." Adrian called out before Shayera moved on, quite glad when the second sub-angel sounded more genuine with her last assurance to her superior. With a short "bye" to the other two giants (Adrian assumed they were giants, since their voices were from around Shayera"™s height and were as loud as hers), Shayera moved off again.

"There. Sorry about those two. They will make good angels some day, but they can be a little impulsive and inquisitive at times. Anyway"¦ there you go"¦ I"™ll keep my back turned"¦ you just be careful not to fall in, and let me know when you"™re finished." Shayera explained to Adrian as she lifted her hand from over him once she was in the toilet, setting him down carefully on the seat. As he was lowered down, Adrian found himself instinctively looking around at the room as much as looking to Shayera as she spoke to him. He paid attention to her warning though. The idea of falling into a toilet bowl was not one he liked. It might be divine, but a toilet"™s a toilet. "I... I"™ll be careful... thank you." he reassured the giantess unnecessarily, taking a half breath at the lower viewpoint of her.

"A"¦ Kara sounds nice"¦ but"¦ uhm"¦ if I may ask Angel"¦ why did Dinah sound as though she was annoyed?" Adrian asked as he went to the toilet, as much as cover-sound as anything else. Shayera chuckled slightly at that. "Oh, she"™s just cranky because I had to admonish her yesterday. She"™s all right really. Like I said, they really will make good Angels someday." She told the little man.
"I"¦ I would like to meet them. I mean"¦ if I am stuck here. I like you. And Diana. But more people would be nice. For variety... you know?" Adrian told Shayera after another moment, "I"™m done by the way." He added before she could respond.

"I understand." Shayera nodded, turning around and lowering her hand as she spoke. "You know, you seem a lot more confident now. Hold onto my thumb a moment." Hawkgirl observed, then told Adrian as she moved over to the sink. As he did as he was told, Adrian looked up at Shayera a moment, not sure if she was glad he was confident or not. Though he then looked round to see why she had said for him to hold on. Shayera figured what the look meant, giving the man a smile. "I"™m glad you are. It was a little upsetting to see you so frightened before. Here, rub your hands over the soap." She reassured him this time as she turned the tap on slowly, then put her free hand under the stream of water, moving Adrian to the bar of soap on a dish higher up for a moment, then moving her hands to each other so that he could use the left as a wash basin. As he washed his hands like this, trying to hurry so as not to inconvenience the angel too much, Adrian mentally congratulated her on the clever idea.

"Right"¦ now then"¦ since you seem to like my wings so much, I have a proposition for you." Shayera said to Adrian as he dried his hands on the corner of a towel whilst she dried her own wet hand with the main body of it. "Wh... what is it?" the small guy asked, a tiny bit uneasy at the way she said that. "Well; how would you like me to fly us back to the kitchen with you on my back? But you"™ll have to climb down there, and then back up to my shoulder after, so if you think you"™d struggle with that, say so"¦ I don"™t want you to fall." She offered.
"Oh"¦ I"¦ I wouldn"™t. I"™d like to. You"™d really let me ride on your back like that? Adrian asked up, smiling broadly, which got a slight giggle again from the angel. "Of course. But stay high up. I"™d prefer you to stay under my hair"¦ but just bellow it I"™ll allow, so long as you keep your eyes ahead. Though my wings should block your view enough." Shayera told her little friend as she put him on her shoulder. "Go on, climb down. Make sure you"™re central, and hold on tight as you can." She pointed out before he started climbing down. She hoped he"™d have had the sense to have done that anyways, but it was worth saying.

Taking a deep breath once on Shayera"™s shoulder, Adrian climbed down the back of her shoulder a little, then climbed across as centrally as he could before climbing down so that he was right between the pair of wings that, between them, Adrian expected would dwarf a private jets. "I"™m ready." He shouted up once he was satisfied with the way he"™d bunched a fold of Shayera"™s dress around each hand.

Shayera couldn"™t help but smile at the feeling of someone so small climbing down her back like that. Diana might have experience of holding Ray, but she didn"™t. She understood the reasons of course; Clark and Diana could keep him safer whilst he was so small. And now she understood how protective they must feel of Ray at those times. "Okay then. Enjoy the ride." She told the mini man when he said he was good to go. As soon as she stepped out of the door of the bathroom, Shayera took off, intending to give Adrian as much flight time here as she could, having to make a conscious effort not to laugh at how he shouted out with joy t the ride as though he were on a roller-coaster. Not only was she just happy he was enjoying it so much, but it really was "“ to quote Kara "“ so cuuuute.

Adrian expected a pretty intense ride here, just given the sheer scale of the angel, but from the force of her taking off, all the way to what to him was a huge drop of Shayera"™s landing, he was given a ride that, for sheer speed and adrenaline-rush, easily eclipsed anything at any theme park he"™d been to. He barely even realised that he was shouting out like he did on those big rides.

"Hehe... Have fun there little one? It sounded like it. Come on"¦ I don"™t think Diana"™d be happy if she knew I"™d just done that. She can be a bit of a stickler for protocol sometimes, and I don"™t wanna get in trouble with the boss." Shayera just about managed to say without laughing, lifting a hand to her shoulder for Adrian.

As he got his breath back, Adrian just stayed where he was, watching with breathless awe as Angel Shayera"™s wings folded neatly back behind her. Her amusement wasn"™t lost on him though, and he couldn"™t help blushing, knowing that it was at how much noise he"™d made during what to her, must have been a pretty unspectacular flight. "Okay"¦ just... getting my breath a bit. That"¦ that was amazing. Thank you." Adrian called up as he started climbing back up to Shayera"™s shoulder, not sure why he was raising his voice at-all here. If anything, she could probably hear him easier here.

"Well I"™m glad you enjoyed your ride. Come on, there"™s some things I want to ask you." Shayera smiled as she lifted Adrian down from her shoulder, recovering him as before she re-entered the kitchen.

Misty_Crom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Misty_Crom » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:30 pm

[u:9737e57ff3][b:9737e57ff3]Angel Shayera Pt6: Questioning Reality[/b:9737e57ff3][/u:9737e57ff3]

"Well I"™m glad you enjoyed your ride. Come on, there"™s some things I want to ask you." Shayera smiled as she lifted Adrian down from her shoulder, recovering him as before she re-entered the kitchen, not directly removing the covering hand once back in the room, but moving it down to rub at Adrian"™s back as she headed back to the table to sit back down.

"Okay"¦ now"¦ like I said, I would like to ask you some questions"¦ they might seem a little"¦ odd though." Shayera told Adrian as she set him down on the table between herself and Diana. "Here, I set you up a seat little one." Diana spoke, sliding over a stack of coasters with several napkins folded over them to make them more comfortable to sit on for the tiny man, "I did it while I was waiting. By the way; if you"™re done, could I have the rest of your tea please little mortal?" she asked as Adrian sat on the offered makeshift seat. "Uhm... yeah"¦ of course you can uh"¦ Diana"¦ and thank you; it"™s comfy." He smiled up in reply once he was settled on the high stack of coasters; his feet off the tabletop slightly, unsure of how to address her properly. Angel in-waiting felt too long winded, and he didn"™t want to risk either offending Shayera or Diana herself by calling her an angel whilst she wasn"™t technically one yet.

"So"¦ uhm"¦ what was It you wanted to ask me Angel Shayera?" Adrian asked of the beautiful, red-haired angel who towered over him as Diana took the mug of tea.
"Hmm? Oh"¦ of course. Sorry, I was a little lost in thought there." Shayera smiled down, having drifted away in her mind whilst she watched Adrian take his seat. "Well"¦ and like I said... this is probably going to seem an odd question. I actually even feel a little odd asking it"¦ but"¦ where you"™re from"¦ are there"¦ superheroes?" Shayera asked, somewhat awkwardly, looking to Diana a bit as she struggled with how to ask, winding up taking the direct route. Adrian just looked up at the angel for a few moments, Diana and Shayera both unsure as to whether he was completely blank as to what she was talking about, or just thrown by the question. "I"¦ uhm"¦ well"¦ I dunno"¦ you mean"¦ real ones? Or like"¦ in concept? I mean"¦ there are comic books and cartoons and films"¦ but"¦ well"¦ if you mean [i:9737e57ff3]real[/i:9737e57ff3] super heroes"¦ like"¦ superman or batman"¦ not really. Not like that. There"™s people who do good things, but"¦ not who have any powers... or"¦ billions of dollars to spare or anything." Adrian answered as best he could after a moment of, initially being thrown by the question, then of thought. It was a surprising question, definitely, but more in a good way. He had half expected it to be something that would require him to do some soul searching or the like.

As the tiny man answered; specifically when he mentioned Superman and Batman; Shayera and Diana gave each other a somewhat surprised look, both having expected a much more simple yes or no answer. Now Shayera had to think hard. And fast. She wasn"™t even certain what she wanted to ask next, let alone how. Thankfully for her, Diana did have an idea. "You mention Superman and Batman"¦ May I ask how you know of them? We"™re"¦ well"¦ we have an interest ourselves is all. Plus there are many different versions of the Earth, so it should help us know which you come from." Wonder Woman covered, Shayera just listening to her, impressed with the way she explained the question, then turning back to Adrian; finding herself curious as to what the answer might be. Yep, that was definitely what she wanted to ask.

Adrian listened carefully to what Diana asked, and what she told him. He nodded a little after she told him why they were asking this, smiling a bit at the revelation that they were both fans too. "Well"¦ it"¦ it"™s hard to explain. It"™s just"¦ well... there"™s a lot of sources really. But I suppose comics originally"¦ but I suppose for me, mostly from animated series"™ and films. Justice League mostly." He told Diana and Shayera, his answer giving them as many questions as it answered. They were a cartoon in his world? Did that mean that he knew"¦ [b:9737e57ff3]everything[/b:9737e57ff3] about them? Was"¦ was Adrian"™s world a cartoon here that they didn"™t know about? Though mostly it was Shayera who wondered the last one, racking her brains to try and remember. She almost wished that Kara was here now. With all the cartoons she watched, she"™d be bound to know. Or Wally.

"Okay"¦ last question. I think"¦ and... then I think maybe a confession to make." Shayera said, sounding decisive, then a little unsure, giving both Adrian and Diana a knowing smile in admission to that fact. "Do... do you know much about the show? Or"¦ about the Justice League? Do you"¦ watch it?" she asked, somewhat uneasily, feeling awkward about referring to The League as fictional.

"Uhm"¦ yeah"¦ I do. And"¦ quite a bit"¦ I think. I"™m not like"¦ obsessive or anything, but"¦ I like it." Adrian answered Shayera; slightly uncomfortable at the way she seemed uncomfortable herself as she asked the question. How much was a lot? And was it a good or bad thing as far as she was concerned? He"™d been as honest as he could be though.

"Do you have a favourite?" Shayera asked next; unable to stop herself. Diana glared at her for that. And Shayera noticed, doing her best to apologise to her colleague with a look. As he sat on the makeshift seat that Diana had made for him, watching up at the giant angelic women, noticing the looks exchanged when Shayera asked him that last question, thankful when the apologetic look Shayera gave seemed to work. "Uhm"¦ y... yeah"¦ I always liked Hawkgirl"¦" Adrian told Shayera honestly, blushing, knowing the similarities wont be lost on her. After a moment of looking down at the pattern of the napkin, tracing a finger around what he couldn"™t tell to be the edge of the J of Justice League; the rest of the words folded underneath. When he looked back up, Shayera was smiling at him, looking sort of confusedly proud. "Why? I mean"¦ there are more powerful uh"¦ characters. And more"¦ clean cut ones." Diana asked, just as Shayera was about to speak; though she was going to say almost the same thing. "Well... that"™s sort of why though. Well"¦ partly. I like her attitude to fighting"¦ and I sort of like her sense of humour too. Plus"¦ uhm"¦ I like her wings." Adrian explained, blushing even more now, painfully aware of the towering wings of the angel before him.

"Okay, but"¦ what about the way she lied about who she was? And double crossed her friends?" Diana pointed out, enjoying asking that a little too much for Shayera"™s tastes. "But"¦ she didn"™t really have much choice, did she? I mean"¦ she was double crossed as much as anyone, and then pretty much turned her back on her own people"¦ her own fiancé"¦ to save the world. Even though she knew no one"™d trust her. That takes a lot of strength and guts. I doubt there"™s too many of the rest of the Justice League who"™d have done that." Adrian countered, not really able to help himself. As she sat and listened, it was about as much as Shayera could do to keep from grabbing Adrian and hugging him for that.

Misty_Crom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Misty_Crom » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:29 pm

[u:47aef5f94d][b:47aef5f94d]Angel Shayera Pt7: Revelation[/b:47aef5f94d][/u:47aef5f94d]

"Okay"¦ I think it"™s time for that confession I said about." Shayera told Adrian before Diana could argue more. Though she was starting to feel that she was more bailing the princess out than herself by now. Although she would never have admitted it, Diana was relieved that Shayera changed the line of conversation. She was in a hole, and seemed to be just digging herself further into it. This little one really did know a lot about them, and he had been making pretty valid points about Shayera. As it was, she was actually about to concede to Adrian"™s last point, and Shayera would not have let her forget it for a long time had she done so. Plus, it was about time she got to around to telling this poor man the truth, Diana decided.

Adrian looked up at Diana for a moment; about to speak again himself when Shayera cut in. His attention was fully on the angel now, shifting back on his coaster-stack chair again, having been inching closer to Diana slightly as the discussed Hawkgirl"™s motives and innocence.

As soon as she said that, as both Diana and Adrian"™s attention turned to her, Shayera suddenly felt quite uncomfortable and uneasy with this. She just hoped that Adrian wouldn"™t be angry, or scared"¦ or"¦ that he"™d not lose that trust in her. "I"™m"¦ not really an angel. I"™m Hawkgirl. I"¦ I"™m sorry for lying to you"¦ I just"¦ when I saw you in here on your own, I"¦ I just worried that if you didn"™t know who I was"¦ who the Justice League are"¦ that introducing myself just as Shayera"¦ or as Hawkgirl might have been too much for you. I figured that if you though I was an angel, you"™d trust me"¦ and I could let you know I"™m not going to hurt you and find out where you were from"¦ well"¦ then I was... I was always going to tell you the truth. I just would have made sure to explain who I am more if you didn"™t know." Shayera explained as best she could, stopping herself so that she could see how Adrian was taking her admission.

When Shayera said that she wasn"™t an angel, Adrian was surprised at himself that he wasn"™t terrified. Terrified of what she might really be that she"™d have lied about [b:47aef5f94d]that[/b:47aef5f94d]. But then, she had been really nice to him. And given the size difference, it wasn"™t like she couldn"™t have hurt him by now if she wanted to. As soon as she told him who she really was, all the names and the questions about superheroes fell into place, like five pounds worth of pennies dropping. Adrian felt so stupid for not having made the connection straight away. Or at least as soon as he saw Diana. Somehow, he managed to keep listening though, and what Shayera said did make sense. As much as he should have realised, not too many from back home would have had a clue who she was had she just introduced herself as herself.

Of course this [i:47aef5f94d]did[/i:47aef5f94d] change things a bit. Not necessarily for the worse"¦ possibly not completely for the better either. But it did change things. It explained a lot of things for one thing. Like why Shayera had been letting Diana admonish her... admonish? Ooh"¦ big word"¦ but really. It had seemed a little odd; but it made perfect sense now. It also explained why Shayera had covered him up when she"™d taken him to the toilet. And the style of the place. He had always expected heaven to be less"¦ techy. Dinah"¦ of course"¦ Dinah Lance. He had to chuckle to himself as he figured how unhappy she"™d have been at being called a sub-angel. It also explained why Shayera had seemed so uneasy when he said about"¦ oh gods"¦ he"™d said all that to"¦ [i:47aef5f94d]the[/i:47aef5f94d] Shayera. And all that stuff just now. As the last bit hit him, Adrian slowly looked up at Shayera and Diana"¦. At Shayera Hol and Diana"¦ well he didn"™t actually know what Diana"™s second name was. He knew in the comics she used Prince as a cover, but he"™d never heard it used in the series. And he knew from Shayera that this was that version of them"¦ As he looked up at them, he was blushing deeply, and suddenly feeling a little warm as his head swum with the way he"™d just defended Hawkgirl, when she was sat right there.

As Diana and Shayera watched Adrian after Shayera explained herself, both keeping quiet, letting him take as long as he needed. Thankfully, for Shayera especially, he didn"™t at any point seem afraid, or angry. He seemed a little relieved at first, then, oddly, looked slightly annoyed at himself, obviously going back over what had happened with this new information. Finally, he just seemed embarrassed more than anything as he looked back up to Shayera and Diana. For a few moments, the three just sat in silence, Shayera and Diana waiting for Adrian; Adrian just not knowing what to say.

"You"¦ you"™re"¦ Hawkgirl?.. Wonder Woman?!" Adrian spoke finally, double checking incredulously. Shayera and Diana both just nodded. But"¦ so"¦ uhm"¦ D... Dinah and Kara"¦ oh"¦ uhm"¦ so"¦ I"™m in the"¦ the Watchtower?" Adrian asked, having to think, not wanting to mention the MetroTower in case that didn"™t exist yet. "Yes. And MetroTower. You"¦ are you okay? I mean"¦ I lied to you." Shayera confirmed, and asked, moving a hand closer to Adrian. The six inch man shook his head. "I"¦ I understand. I"¦ it"™s just"¦ hard to take in. I"¦ I think I prefer this anyway. "˜Least I know I"™m not dead now." Adrian explained quietly, "Uhm"¦ wh... when is it? And"¦ the date won"™t mean anything to me right now"¦ I mean"¦ well"¦ I think I probably seen past now"¦ I think"¦ and"¦" he started, Diana stopping him. "It"™s all right"¦ It"™s a little odd for us too. Just take a deep breath and ask what it is you want to ask." She told him, smiling down at the mutual awkwardness of the situation.

Adrian nodded up to Diana, and took a deep breath, trying to think of how to discern when it was. A date wouldn"™t help. Then he suddenly realised where Shayera had gotten the angel thing from. Well he knew it was after that then. And before Kara left for"¦ well... the future. And if this was the MetroTower, then presumably after the end f the second series. That gave him an idea. "Uhm"¦ ok"¦ uh"¦ well"¦ I think I know where you got the idea to pretend to be an angel, so"¦ you two have been to fix the balance of power in Tartarus, right?" he asked up to Shayera and Diana, feeling so, so odd talking about stuff he"™d seen now that it was with the people actually involved. It was slightly easier knowing that they looked as weirded out as he felt by it though. "Uh"¦ yeah"¦. I sorta did to be honest. That was a while ago now though. Before we moved out of the watchtower" Shayera told Adrian.

"Well if it helps, I wouldn"™t say anything"™s really happened since. I suppose with Lex Luthor in jail"¦" Diana said after a few seconds, putting the empty mug down. "I"™ll say. I just got back from helping out after a landslide. That"™s about the hardest work I"™ve had since we moved in here." Shayera added, "Any of that help though?"
Adrian nodded. "Yeh"¦ Knowing Lex Luthor"™s in prison helps a lot. I think I know"¦ when I am now." He told Diana, shifting slightly on the makeshift seat.

Misty_Crom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby crazyfox22 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:38 pm

Amazing, and wounderfuly written my friend
Like all your stores, a 10 out of 10
crazyfox22
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Misty_Crom » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:26 pm

Thanks muchly. also...

[b:33b36f52a7]Angel Shayera Pt8: In The Palm Of The Amazon[/b:33b36f52a7]

"Well I"™m just gonna get myself a drink. Actually what I came down here for in the first place." Shayera said now as she stood up and moved over back to the kettle. As Shayera moved, Adrian couldn"™t help just watching, still somewhat in awe of her and Diana"™s size, snapping his gaze away when he realised he"™d started staring at her backside, shifting again on the stack of coasters. "You can come and sit in my hand if you"™d like. If that isn"™t very comfortable." Diana offered, turning the hand nearest Adrian over so that her palm was accessible. It only took the briefest of considerations before Adrian accepted the offer and hopping down, walking over a little uncomfortably since the backs of his thighs had started to go to sleep.

For a moment, Adrian just stood beside Wonder Woman"™s hand, just looking at it in wonder. Then however, she moved the other hand over, knocking the tiny man"™s feet from under him so that he landed in her palm. "There; is that better?" she asked with a smirk as he looked up to her, sprawled over her hand. Looking up, at the Amazon princess from her palm, eyes wide from the shock of having had his feet swept from under him like that, Adrian just nodded in answer to her question. "Good." Diana smiled down before sitting back, lifting her hand up closer to herself, holding Adrian just below her chest height. "Sorry; didn"™t mean to scare you. That feels so much better though."

As he was suddenly lifted up, Adrian just held on tight to Diana"™s fingers, shifting back to sit against them once her hand was still again. "Just"¦ just surprised me." He returned, feeling a little uneasy, not entirely sure what to say now.

"I suppose you"™re more used to this huh?" Adrian commented after a short moment, looking up at Diana, who looked confused at that. Shayera too as she looked round when Adrian made that comment. "Used to what?" Hawkgirl asked, Diana"™s expression saying that she was thinking the same. "Well"¦ uhm"¦" Adrian looked down at Diana"™s hand, then back up. "This"¦ Cause... well"¦ with"¦ Ray." He clarified. "I see; well not really. I mean of course, I"™ve been around him when he"™s small. A lot smaller than you are even. But he"™s usually regular sized. And besides... even if he did decide to shrink down I the kitchen for any reason, I"™d know that he can return to normal-size at any time, whereas I know that you can"™t"¦ and that makes a difference." Wonder Woman explained, moving her thumb to rest over Adrian"™s lap as she spoke. When Diana did this, Adrian couldn"™t keep from being uneasy as the huge digit moved over and down onto him, but he rested his hands on the side of the thumb, rubbing at it a little.

Before either Diana or Adrian said anything else, Shayera sat back down in the same seat as before. "So"¦ how do you feel about going to visit Kara and Dinah? Uuhh"¦ or would you prefer me to call them Supergirl and Black Canary? I don"™t mind if it"™ll be easier for you to know who I mean." Shayera asked, leaning over to the little man.
"Shayera"¦ could you please move your wing out of my face?" Diana asked calmly of Hawkgirl, though it was obvious that the calmness was only for Adrian"™s sake from the way she said it. "I"¦ uhm"¦ I knew who you meant. I"¦ I know most of the league"™s first names. Well"¦ a lot. Most of the regulars. And I think I"™d like to. Go and visit them that is"¦ would like to meet a lot of people here. At least before I go if I"™m not stuck here." Adrian replied after, Diana moving her hand so that he was closer to Shayera once she had moved as asked. "Speaking of which; what do you want doing about going home? I could call J"™onn down right now, or I could call Bruce or Mister Terrific?" Wonder Woman asked, moving Adrian back to herself. "Uhm"¦ I"¦ I don"™t mind being here. I mean"¦ I"™ve nothing urgent I need to get home for." Adrian replied honestly once he"™d got his breath back from the sudden sharp swing to the side. "Sorry"¦ I"™ll try to move you slower." Diana apologised, feeling the little man hold on tighter when she moved him. "It"™s ok"¦ just surprised me. It"™s kinda fun actually." He reassured her, smiling up, slightly embarrassedly.

"Adrian"¦ would you mind coming over to me for a bit? Diana?" Shayera asked, relatively suddenly, moving her empty hand over towards the little man currently sat in Diana"™s palm. "Okay"¦ If Diana doesn"™t mind." The six inch tall man accepted, looking up to the Amazon holding him. "Of course"¦ But I really don"™t see why you felt you had to check with me. Either of you." she returned in her typical "˜why would you assume that of me?"™ manner as she moved her thumb, moving her hand against Shayera"™s for Adrian to climb across more safely.

Once he was sat down in her hand, Shayera sat back and lifted Adrian up closer to her face, deciding as she did so that the way Diana had her thumb over his lap was quite a good idea. "Hey"¦ Thanks... I just wanted to say thank you properly." The Thanagarian told Adrian quietly as she held him barely a foot from her face, then moving him up to kiss him over his head. Adrian had actually been just about to ask Shayera what she had meant when she kissed him, the tiny man holding tight to the finger across his lap as he was pushed back slightly into her fingers. "Wh"¦ what for?" he asked after a few seconds when Shayera moved her head "“ and him "“ back. "For the way you defended me when Diana asked"¦ who your favourite League member was." Shayera told him, blushing a little as she did. "Sorry. I"™m not really used to being anyone"™s favourite." She smiled at herself.

"Well anyways; when you"™re ready, I can take you to visit Kara and Dinah. I wanted to take this to my room anyway. And Kara did seem pretty keen to meet you." Shayera told Adrian, taking a sip of her tea after, rubbing her thumb up against Adrian"™s front a little as she spoke. "I"™m good when you are. Are you"¦ gonna let me see where we"™re going this time?" he told Hawkgirl, pausing a moment as she started stroking him. It was quite nice though. With a nod and a smile, Shayera took one more sip of her tea, then stood up. "Now it is then. See you either later tonight, or in the morning Princess." She said, turning to Wonder Woman as she slowly walked across the kitchen towards the door. "Well presumably. But I might go let J"™onn know what"™s going on. If he decides to come and test the area, and we find anything, I"™ll let you know. You take care for now Little Adrian." Diana responded, giving Adrian a wave. "Thank you." he called back as Shayera stepped out the kitchen door, moving her hand round to her stomach as she walked, holding her mug of tea above and to the side of the smaller Adrian.

Misty_Crom
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Next

Return to Archive: Macro Story