Muscle! Ooo...

Archive of the "Macro Art" forum.

Muscle! Ooo...

Postby Jaxeth » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:20 pm

http://www.deathwinds.com/hosted/190Pro ... y&size=max

'Tis me, not quite as buff as Tomby was in that pic he did... But at least I have wrists =P

Anyway, I'm aware of a couple of things wrong with the pic... The left arm looks off, the hands in general look screwy, I forgot to draw the glove on the left hand, the ears look pretty naff... Anyone else care to point out my mistakes? =P Or even better, give me a bit of constructive criticism.
Jaxeth
Rampage
Rampage

Postby Tombfyre » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:47 pm

Bah! Wrists are overrated! As is teasing the dragon. :twisted: Eat more wheaties!
-Tombfyre
Emotionally scarring children since 1982.

~10 miles & 2505 billion tons o' dragon. Come now, give us a kiss! :)
-- http://dracotopia.myminicity.com Visit my city! :3
Tombfyre
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

And now for sometips in drawing (Modem style)

Postby Modem » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:47 pm

Some good tips:

If you want the real body look, study the human body (Muscle tones, arm lengths, etc.)

The size of the head (depending on who or what your drawing) usually is a hand and a half long (Length of the hand and half of it).

The entire body composition is about 7 to 8 heads long from top to bottom.

The upper arm (bicep) is about a head and a half (top of shoulder to bottom joint). The forearm is about 2 and a half heads (top of elbow joint to fingertips [hand is outstretched])

The elbow joints meet at the abdomen, and the wrist joints meet about halfway of the pelvis.

Upper legs are about the size of the upper arm (a little bit bigger), and the lower leg is about the size of the lower arm (forearm).

The feet is about the size of the forearm alone (joint to joint, no hand).

And like I said for muscle tone, study the human body muscle, it'll really help.

These are the guidlines I follow. You don't have to neccesarily do it this way, but it's just a helping hand, dat's all.
"..if you make a spectacle like that again, I'll have inmates use you for a dress up doll..."
-Judge Raines, Reign Over Me
Modem
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Jaxeth » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:55 pm

Thanks for those hints Modem ^^ Much appreciated and all copied down into the little reference text file stored somewhere in the depths of my hard drive.

And Tomby? Yes. I will eat more wheaties. And then I shall draw again.. Mwahaha. Muhaha! Etc.
Jaxeth
Rampage
Rampage

Re: And now for sometips in drawing (Modem style)

Postby Mass Treble » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:35 am

Modem wrote:(Basic artistic proportions.)

Obey the Modem. Oh, and if you want to see these expressed in picture, go to this site and check in the book section. Andrew Loomis's book, "Figure Drawing For All It's Worth" has been very useful as a resource. I look back to it very often. It helps to save the parts you think you'll want to look at again. ^^

Perspective is another thing entirely, but VERY important to us Macrophiles, eh, everyone?

There are entire books on perspective. I should get one... But I'm busy, so I'll procrastinate- um- have to wait.

Goodness. I sound like I know what I'm talking about. I'm as clueless as an innoscent bystander. I just... doodle. A lot. But... one day...

(Edit: Made to look less... fanboy-ish. And fixed that darn link.)
Um, I would like the quesadillas, please. ~Teaselbone ~Out of Context Theatre~
Mass Treble
Gojira
Gojira

Return to Archive: Macro Art