Sexy femmes normal and macro Samples from Yiffielci studios.

Archive of the "Macro Art" forum.

Sexy femmes normal and macro Samples from Yiffielci studios.

Postby yiffy cougar » Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:18 pm

Just what i said....... http://www.geocities.com/yiffidelicstudios/secret lets not forget that this site is only for samples...if you want more Im trying to band a portfolio deal with mile high and dimond so ill let you all know when it works out.[/img][/url]
Attachments
robert.jpg
Its Robert R. From Furc, the offical representitive for Y2C productions.
robert.jpg (41.84 KiB) Viewed 4250 times
yiffy cougar
Newbie / Lurker
Newbie / Lurker

Location: California in my private office overlooking my yard.

Woohoo!

Postby SenorPhrog » Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:36 am

I've gotta chime in here. I admit that I really hadn't heard of your art before--and I do kind of get the feeling that I'm pretty well versed in collection, or at least the knowledge of, the various macro artists about. But I'm certainly glad I have now. The quality of stuff on just this sample page--and the potential of it--was really surprising, and some of those pics alone made my visit and interest worthwhile. I particularly like this one...even though it seems a bit rough and is still pencily, the talent there is obvious, from anatomy to detail to a basic sense of what looks good, I'm more than impressed by how much you have here.

Certainly, there's room for improvement (and I do realize that you probably aren't putting all your *best* stuff up right now, since you are planning some sort of portfolio) but it isn't something out of grasp at all. You clearly have a good grasp of the ins and outs of furrotica--good focus on the plushness and pose, and plenty of emotion--and though some anatomy could still use a little toning up (the wolfess in the picture I linked to, for example, suffers from thighs bigger than Chun Li's, which isn't always a bad thing especially in macro fields, but usually works better from an attractive standpoint when they're a little more in-proportion) it's still, once again, very promising. The cg-colored sample you've shown is also very nice--you're certainly better than most, in that respect, and I'd love to see more like it, because it gives your pictures especially a much more finished quality.

Now, not being one with the best experience in the matter (I'm not exactly in the situation to be buying adult portfolios, unfortunately) I'll still offer a little advice in what would seem to help your success when you do release something for sale. I'd suggest trying to really get your name out there--get a VCL account, post some works you don't mind being freebies, and if you really want to protect them, post slightly sized-down versions with a nice big (but not too intrusive) label across them so that people can get a taste of your work without getting the whole package for free. I'm sure some of the more prolific artists around here (Coug'r and Gideon come to mind) who have better experience with portfolios could probably lend you a few words of advice, should you ask nicely. I hope you're successful with your venture, since I really do already like your art greatly, and also hope to see more of it around here soon. Keep up the great work, and take it easy! :D
SenorPhrog
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Vulp » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:56 pm

That looks oddly... familar...
Vulp
Rampage
Rampage

Postby Mass Treble » Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:01 am

Vulp wrote:That looks oddly... familar...

You, too, huh? I thought I was nuts there for a minute...
Hmm...
Um, I would like the quesadillas, please. ~Teaselbone ~Out of Context Theatre~
Mass Treble
Gojira
Gojira

Postby SenorPhrog » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:23 pm

I think the <i>style</i> looks quite reminiscent of our resident Coug'r. That really isn't anything new. People have been trying to duplicate him for years...and, while I'd prefer folks develop their own *unique* style, there aren't many here better to emulate than Ken. From what I've seen, none of it's *copied*..which, in essence, means you're blameless. Just be wary, because folks will be quick to find reproductions of they're there.
SenorPhrog
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Cougr » Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:48 am

The style is passingly reminicent of my own. I suppose there are a couple of licks taken here and there on how I do things, like how to shape a butt and legs, but Yiffy's style is all his own.

Really rough kinda pencils. Seems to be a lot of guessing as to how the muscles go, where to put a line and such. I suggest picking up an artist's anatomy book (NOT "Grey's Anatomy" or some other medical reference) and maybe a muscle magazine or two and study the musculature of the body.

You have some nice POV shots and nice line of action on the characters in most instances. Keep practicing and stay adventurous. You're doing great so far.

coug'r
Cougr
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby SusanDeer » Sat Sep 27, 2003 8:16 pm

In addition to Ken's recommendation, I would also suggest focusing on learning the mechanics and nuances of foreshortening.
SusanDeer
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby SenorPhrog » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:40 pm

I said nothing on the nature of musculature and build critically, really, because..well, I haven't the slightest clue how to do them myself :cry:. Nor, I think, the dicipline to sit down and learn. I've pretty much resigned myself to being a Word Guy, at least for now. Still...I did actually do some art once. This isn't nessisarily the best place to post it, but I've just gotten an archive up on the new and improved The Size Ratio page, should you care to see what my meager offerings have been to the macro community. Or, you know, critique...those are always nice, too :?
SenorPhrog
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby dnapalmhead » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:38 pm

Senor, I liked what I've seen of your stuff. It's crazy, but good crazy. And coming from Mr. Sane (me XD), I think that's saying something. I don't know what that might be, but...still, they're cool. So there.

There's a definite gap in styles here, to these eyes. Yiffy retains a sketchier, more implicit design than that of Coug'r, the lines are less tight...and stuff. You know :D It's neat to see it done this way, really; guess I haven't been around enough of the community, if this style (or ones likened to it) are so commonplace...

Me sez good work. With practice, you could really have a hell of a good thing going ;)

--Dh
dnapalmhead
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby SenorPhrog » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:32 am

Well, garsh, thanks! :lol:

Lately I've been a tad more motivated to try my hand at drawing again (I'm *pretty* sure it's still buried somewhere in me :roll: ) but, of course, when I finally come around to feeling ready to start up again, I have the least time to do it. Meh. :x Anyway, I do appreciate the compliment. Crazy but cool is pretty much what I was going for :?
SenorPhrog
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Return to Archive: Macro Art