Living with the Lepus

A place for writers to offer creative feedback and post works in progress.

Re: Living with the Lepus

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:07 pm

Given how rabbits breed, I could see overpopulation of giants becoming an issue. But it's still an engaging story nonetheless.
Fixing the world, one duct tape job at a time.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby NeoVid » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:48 pm

I can picture both species saying, "And I thought we were obsessed with sex..."
Founder of the Macrophilia Overthinking Society
NeoVid
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Narzain » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm really enjoying this so far. For starters, it's nice to see a story where the (giant) aliens came and war started that doesn't focus on the arrival and the war. It makes for a rich backdrop, but I like that the conflict isn't the main point. And 40 feet tall is (for me) a very good height: small enough to still have meaningful interactions with, and big enough to get your macro fix. (Mmm, big bunnygirl paws...) ;)

I enjoy the little detail of Carly having to pause and translate in her head; even having learned English well enough to joke with the humans, it isn't quite as smooth as one's native language. (You had to name her Carly; now I keep picturing Miranda Cosgrove as a giant bunnygirl. Okay, so that's not necessarily a bad thing...)

Definitely looking forward to seeing more!
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... and sometimes we just snuggle.

The only thing I draw well is a blank.
Narzain
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby TendoTwo » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:40 pm

Hmm..... don't those prey species that reproduce in large numbers quickly do it because they have practically no defenses from predators and that's the only way their species can survive? Considering they have advanced enough to develop faster-than-light spacetravel it's probably safe to assume they are the dominant species of their planet, and if they are the dominant species they probably don't have much to worry about being preyed upon, so if they still reproduced quickly they would have overpopulated their planet pretty quickly...

.... then again though, maybe that's why they developed faster-than-light travel and started exploring.

Huh, I wonder if any of the domesticated pets they have on their homeworld, if any, are carnivorous or omnivorous. Namely because I wonder how odd it would be to have a pet that needs to eat other animals when your species that is the dominant and sentient one of the planet does not, not like meat production would be very advanced on such a world.
TendoTwo
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby mightymouse » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:46 pm

definitely a story worth continuing (when you have the time, of course) :)
mightymouse
Newbie / Lurker
Newbie / Lurker

Previous

Return to Macro Story