Mutual Benefit

A place for writers to offer creative feedback and post works in progress.

Re: Mutual Benefit

Postby gadabout » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:11 am

Well heres a little something, I dont want to fall off the edge of the first page so I did this in a rush >:O

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

“So… you got in eh?” Jacques commented slyly from behind the safety of an aging wooden wall, “That is good, oui… we may continue moving forward now.”

“Mhmmm...” Caroline replied, pressing her head against the wall as if trying to get a peek through the cracks but when she did get her eye lined up with a break in the wooden structure, what lay beyond it was far too shrouded in darkness to make out, “Thanks for the recipe and all that… though I still need some practice ‘cause I kinda messed it up.”

“Fear not mademoiselle!” Jacques chirped up somewhat happily, “For I anticipated this the moment you you made that… abomination in the kitchen when you first arrived.”

“Oh come on… it wasn’t that bad...” Caroline finally allowed her skull to part from the wall, the question of just who this tiny person on the other side was having been pushed to the back of her mind as another took its place, “Whatcha got? A secret book? Informative instruction videos voiced by someone frencher than you?”

“Close… but not quite…” Jacques snorted after a brief pause, Caroline could imagine him grinning back there, “Back when I was a petite garcon, I used to travel a great deal you see and it was tres bien barring a few… incidents...!”

“Okay…” Caroline wondered where he was going with this, but decided to simply allow him to continue his story over interrupting him.

“So because of that I spent a lot of time in le caribbean and I can say I learned a trick or two from le local population.” Jacques paused for an unnaturally long time during which Caroline felt a strange feeling in her arm. She started scratching it at first but it wouldn't stop irritating her, so she continued her assault upon the troublesome area until the irritation was suddenly replaced by a sharp pain that caused her to yelp. “I made a voodoo doll of you.” Jacques finished almost smugly.

“You did what?” Caroline gasped as she checked her arm for injury, but found nothing as if the pain were just a figment of her imagination, “How… how did you do that? You mean like… those things are real?”

“Oh yes ma cherie, they are quite real.” Jacques explained, “Recall your first day here, oui? Remember how you got some of your hair pulled out? That scrape on your leg? Your missing head rag? Those were all pieces needed to make this… terrible cursed object.”

“D-dude! That was you?” Caroline gasped, feeling a little betrayed, “Why’d you do all that?”

“Well in truth… in the beginning I did it to scare you away… scare you off before you found me, but…” Jacques sighed a little, “Let’s just say I took pity on you once I saw that garbage you were planning on… eating.”

“Oh gee, thanks mister…” Caroline grumbled as she took a cautious step towards the wall again, “I’ll be sure to remember that next time you like, stab me with like a bajillion needles.”

“Well then… shall we begin?” Jacques chuckled slyly as Caroline felt a tug on her arm, the invisible force pulling her towards the kitchen counter, “I'll take control of one arm while you have le other… just relax mademoiselle and let me guide you.”

“Are you sure about this?” Caroline shakily asked as her possessed left arm reached under the kitchen counter and retrieved large chef’s knife and eyed it fearfully, the arm wielding the strangely well kept blade with confidence while the rest of her body shuddered, “T-that thing looks a little sharp...”

“Of course it is sharp!” Jacques sounded almost offended by that remark, “I’ll have you know there isn’t much to do being this size all alone in this house… I spent atrocious amounts of time keeping everything in top shape!”

“Well that’s kinda sad whe-” Caroline attempted to sympathize but found her own knife adorned left hand collided with her muzzle, “Hey watch it! That could have-”

“SILENCE!” Jacques commanded, forcing Carolines hand away from her head as if to strike her again, “No talking while class is in session!”

“Y-yes sir…” Caroline gulped down hard and refused to say any more since she didn’t want to irritate the man armed with an arm and a knife.

“Ahem… now then…” Jacques continued, relaxing Carlone’s arm a little, “After we are done here you will be slicing l'oignon at record speeds and chopping la carottes with tip top accuracy! But before we begin I ask you this... Have you ever seen the wheels on le choo choo train?”

“...What?” Caroline managed to squeak before her own traitorous arm bopped her across the head again.

“And that’s a wrap folks!” Mr. Oxman called out at the end of Caroline’s second day of work, “You there Caroline, come see me for second, I gotta talk to you.”

“Y-yes sir!” Caroline awkwardly stopped putting the dishes in the sink as she walked towards her boss with her hands behind her back, “Am I in trouble?” She asked tentatively.

“Well not really…” Mr. Oxman crossed his arms and looked down on Caroline sternly, “It’s just that I’m a little concerned about you that’s all, show me your hands.”

“H-hey why do you want to see my hands? There’s nothing to look at there…” She protested but reluctantly held out both hands on display after the cold and silent stare of her boss proved to be unwavering.

“Well then…” he smirked sadly, taking Caroline’s right hand into both of his own carefully, Caroline’s appendages being wrapped up completely in bandages with a red spots dotting the length of her fingers sparsely, “Had a few run ins with the business end of a knife I see.”

“Aha… yeah…” Caroline chuckled nervously, “You know me, I’m a big klutz and all that, can’t keep my fingers out of harms way.”

“Oh no, I was watching you out there,” Mr. Oxman slowly lowered Caroline’s hand, “you were slicing and dicing like the best of ‘em, I must say Im very impressed with your improvement but I want you to take it easy, there’s no rush to get better and I don’t want you hurting yourself.”

“Yeah say that to my ‘instructor’...” Caroline grumbled inaudibly, rewarding her with a raised eyebrow from her superior, “Ahem, well sure thing boss, I’ll take it easy.”

“Good,” Mr. Oxman nodded, “You take the next day off, I think you earned yourself a little break even though it’s still your second day and all… maybe you can work on your fryer technique while you’re out!” he added with a good natured laugh as he patted Caroline on the shoulder and walked off, leaving Caroline staring off into space as she slowly held both hands to her head, imagining herself covered in nothing but burns and scalds gained from her inevitable stove top exercise with Mr. Glasse.

The kitchen lights being turned off returned Caroline to her senses, lowering her arms dejectedly, Caroline made her way out of the restaurant with a heavy sigh. Maybe she could convince Jacques to give her a little break or something, Caroline could not deny the effectiveness of her training, but she had to side with Mr. Oxman, there's no way this would be any good if she continually injures herself like this so he better find some sort of leniency because she couldn’t afford to stay at an inn tonight...

-----------------

Now give me all your complaints, and I deserve it this time for I am slow and I lazily proofread this :I
RIP Baggy52.

Mutual Benefit - In Progress... 21/40 -> 52%
Cause for alarm - In Progress... 5/10->50% >|+|< No Cause for alarm - COMPLETE
gadabout
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:18 am

Seems to still be heavily invested in build-up, the voodoo doll is an interesting addition to a French setting.
Fixing the world, one duct tape job at a time.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Kusanagi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:38 pm

cooking with voodoo seems like a very hazardous class.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kusanagi/

http://giantessworld.net/viewuser.php?uid=27873 (something new has been added :o)

catch other stories by the drunken writer
Kusanagi
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby TendoTwo » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:30 am

Oh cool, an update to "Mutual Benefit", I wonder what will happen with the-

gadabout wrote:“I made a voodoo doll of you.”

TendoTwo
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby RaddaRaem » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:53 am

Complaints huh? Here's one:

“Fear not mademoiselle!” Jacques chirped up somewhat happily, “For I anticipated this the moment you you made that… abomination in the kitchen when you first arrived.”

Repeating your words? Tsk tsk Gadabout. :V
RaddaRaem
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby gadabout » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:16 pm

Ho ho ho ho... yes YEEES exactly, the complaints I was looking for >:o

I am very pleased now I am, very pleased indeed, fear not DTF, for Ill put a climax somewhere in there... soon... and as for you tendo, that reaction was priceless :I

and you radda... >:I
I will repeat myself till your ears drop off, or until I receive a satisfactory amount of complaints >:o
RIP Baggy52.

gadabout
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Westpilot » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Ahh mon dieu! Jacques 'as dabbled in ze arts noire! And avec it 'e takes ze idea from Ratatouille with ze advantage of 'im not 'aving to 'ide beneath 'er chef's hat. Oh ho ho ho.

I shall geev zis update DEUX bagguettes out of cinq! For it took too long to come out, zerefore zey are STAY-UL.
Westpilot
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby Hetzer » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:53 am

So I see we a tiny French voodoo chef. This is a peculiar string of descriptors that likely will never be seen outside of a Gad story. If I were Caroline I'd get away from this guy. He's a got a bit of a control streak.

EDIT: I rescind all positive comments to say... Gadabout what the hell is this? Reading this makes me want to spoon out my eyeballs with a dull spork and drain my brain juices through my ears with a krazy straw. Just stop. Come up with a better idea. Not like you can. :I

I love you, Gad. *punch!*
Hetzer
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby gadabout » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:58 am

Heres this next bit of the story, and yes I know.... I took too long yadda yadda yadda....

--------------------------------

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Caroline slowly creaked the door to her house open and peered inside. Darkness, darkness all around… she might actually make it without alerting her room mate! Granted of course the idea of staying in a hotel room was a little silly and Jacques would probably give her a break if she needed it, but she was in the zone now so to speak, sneak mode activated, stealth mission engaged.

Caroline carefully lifted one foot and took a step forward on the floor, the floorboards underneath her creaking slightly as she applied her weight to it, the sound wasn’t quite a deal breaker but it did tell her in it’s groany complaint ridden voice to watch her step. Caroline eased her other foot through the door and carefully shut it with a soft click, giving her eyes a moment to adjust to the dark before continuing on slowly.

It was much darker than Caroline had expected it to be, so she took extra care to not bump into any furniture, tip toeing across the wooden floor with the grace and care of a well practiced ballerina, a tactic met with a marginally good rate of success as the floorboards protested only occasionally under her weight. She nearly made it to the staircase when she felt something odd under her foot, it had a fuzzy texture unlike that of the carpet and it was a bit warm, though the strangest thing of all was that it made a groan unlike that of any wooden floor she's ever heard of.

Keeping her foot planted on the foreign object below, Caroline extended her arm and reached out for the wall, groping at it little for the light switch before locating the cheap plastic lever and flicking it upwards, bathing the staircase and the rooms adjacent to it in it’s bountiful light.

“Ugh…” A muffled voice groaned from beneath her foot, before what ever was down there shifted around a little and tucked itself deeper under, “Turn that light off mama! I don’t want to go to school today.”

“Wha… heeheehee” Caroline giggled at the feeling, she recognized the voice immediately and lifted her foot to reveal a tiny little badger below, lying on his side grunting and shifting about uncomfortably no more than three inches tall or so. The tiny badger named Jacques wore a remarkably well kept beige long sleeve shirt and white pants and what seemed to be a wooden bottle tucked under an arm. Caroline carefully scooped up the fitfully sleeping thing into her palm and brought him up to her face, “Oh little Jaaack~” she cooed softly

“Five more minutes mama…” Jacques grumbled again and shifted around, “I promise to get you the best grades if you give me… five… minutes…”

“Wake up little Jack~” Caroline cooed once more nuzzling into him a little but promptly pulled her head back partly because he smelled like he hasn't showered in days and partly because he then punched her in the nose… in a way… the badger only had one arm, Caroline couldn’t see it earlier from her position but Jacques’ other arm was severed above the elbow slightly, the sleeve neatly folded over it and held in place with a red string.
“Que?” Jacques blinked awake,the stub of his arm extended towards Caroline’s face for a moment before pulling it backwards and looking around, realizing where he is, “You… you play the part of my mother very well.” Jacques chuckled, holding the bottle with his hand and checking to see if there’s anything left in there.

“Uh-huh…thanks” Caroline gulped a little, eyeing the stub of Jacques’ arm wearily, “What happened to your arm? Why are you lying on the floor here?”

“Hm? Oh nothing special at all… I was just waiting for you to come home, I had a request for you but you certainly did take your time and I fell asleep.” Jacques looked around at the hand carrying him, “What about your hand? Trying to be a mummy mademoiselle?” Jacques added with a chuckle.

“Heeeey…” Caroline frowned as she pinned the little frenchman to her palm with her thumbs and shook him around a little which only seemed to intensify his laughter to something raucous and fierce indeed, “You did this!”

“Calm yourself Caroline!” Jacques said between fits of laughter, “I was only making a joke! I assumed you of all people would appreciate this!”

“Yeah yeah…” Caroline looked off to the side shyly, putting the question of Jacques’ arm and intentions to the side for now, “So what happened to you? Why are you so… uh tiny?”

“I do voodoo Caroline.” Jacques crossed his arms the best way a one armed man could and smirked, “Are you familiar with which specific curse made voodoo famous?”

“Oh right… the shrinking curse thing…” Caroline looked off to the side sheepishly, “But still though, what happened? Did it backfire on you or something?”

“You could say that…” Jacques shrugged and looked around as well, leaving the pair avoiding eye contact in silence for a little while till Jacques finally spoke up, “So… do you plan on holding me all day long?”

“What can't you use your-” Caroline began before she had some sort of epiphany… resting her free hand on her hip and cocking her head to the side a bit as a wicked grin indeed crossed her face, “You don’t have it with you do you? Your voodoo doll…”

“I… uh…sure its around here...” Jacques looked around nervously as he patted himself down with his only arm, “Pourquoi… why do you ask?”

“Oh dude...yes!” Carolines grin now showed teeth, “I got you now, I totally got you! This is going to be the best day ever! We are going to have so much fun!”

“Hold for a moment there Caroline!” Jacques gulped, “I really am not the best person to play your little games with!”

“Well... I mean... uh…” Caroline bit her lip and chewed it a little, “There’s something you need to know about me and I never really told anyone this before so keep it a secret ok?”

“Very… well…” Jacques raised an eyebrow as he shifted about a little uncomfortably in her grip, “What is it then Caroline?”

Caroline paused for a moment and sighed softly with her cheeks reddening under her fur, “Well, I’m a macrophile… yeah...”

“Que? Macro...phile?” Jacques repeated, “The love of… macros? Pardon moi mademoiselle, but I am not familiar with the term… what is a macro? What does this have to do with anything?”

“Well let me put it this way…” Caroline hummed a bit, “In this particular scenario you’d be a micro, you know what micro means right?”

“Something… small?” Jacques squinted at Caroline, watching that concerning grin return to her face,“You are saying that I am small?”

“Yes I am little man!” Caroline nodded excitedly as a toothy grin appeared on her muzzle, “You can say I like the fact that I am much bigger than you very very much!”

“I… see…” Jacques’ squint intensified to dangerously leery levels, “This is starting to become a little concerning… What exactly do you… ‘macrophiles’ do?”

“Oh nothing too bad…” Caroline looked off to the side with a blush, “Just a lot of toying and teasing, might end up under foot a few times…” She added with a giggle.

“I wish to have no part of this!” Jacques shook his head nervously, “I do not find the idea of being toyed with appealing in the very least mademoiselle!”

“See? We’re having some fun already!” Caroline giggled once again, just with a smidge more amusement this time, “Oh come on, do this for me and I might forgive you for chopping up my hand.” Caroline transferred Jacques to her other hand carefully with no protests and waggled her bandaged fingers at him as if trying to cast a spell.

“That…” Jacques stuttered, watching those comparatively tree sized fingers sway and curl before him, “That is just the pains of progress! You cannot hope to improve without suffering a few injuries!” The only response he received however was a half pouty, half stern glare from the larger female and a continued, if slower waggle of her fingers. “...Ok then fine… let us get this over with post haste!”

“Heeeee~!” Caroline squealed, a noise which caused Jacques to grit his teeth in annoyance as she bounded up the stairs excitedly, “We’ll have a blast, I promise! You won’t regret this!”

“Mon dieu! E-easy Caroline!” Jacques clutched on to her hand tightly, fearing that the reckless abandon the young lady was displaying would throw him off, “Are you trying to get me killed? You need to be careful!”

“Of course I will!” Caroline stopped just in front of her door, injured hand on the knob tightly despite the wounds it attained from her previous cooking lesson, “You don’t understand, I’ve been dreaming about a day like this ever since I was a little girl, I’ll take extra care not to mess it up, I promise you this little dude.”

“How very reassuring…” Jacques sarcastically grumbled with a roll of his eyes, “I only hope your statement about me not regretting this holds true against my typhoons of skepticism that I cannot seem to hold back.”

------------------------------------------

I demand further hate speech from the lot of you, give it to me, give it to me now!
Last edited by gadabout on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Baggy52.

gadabout
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:38 am

You slipped tenses a few times (hasn't comes to mind) also, the way you introduce Jacques's name is a bit roundabout. But I do love the idea of a shrunken, one-armed voodoo-practicing French badger.
Fixing the world, one duct tape job at a time.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Macro Story