Quest! (Interactive)

A place for writers to offer creative feedback and post works in progress.

Quest! (Interactive)

Postby Kaelic » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:46 am

This is an experimental interactive story where you are an element of our protagonist's subconscious mind.

As such, you will help our character navigate and interact with the world by discussing and voting on her options.

In addition to situational options, you can typically:
>>Examine (target)
>>Check Inventory
>>Look/Listen/Observe surroundings
These actions do occur in story time and have their respective costs.
Also note that sometimes there may be hidden or unlisted options. You may offer your own commands, particularly in relation to this possibility, but the less reason you have to make such a suggestion, the less likely it will come to anything.

This is- in essence, a collaborative game, with your goal being to help our protagonist survive and explore her world. Your choices can and will affect how she fares, and, in fact, how the story plays out, so I encourage you to share your reasoning and listen to others', too, while you vote.

Oh, and one more thing-
When she dies, the story ends.



>> BEGIN <<
Last edited by Kaelic on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I like to help other writers and proofread stories! PM me if interested.
Check out my Interactive Story Quest!
User avatar
Kaelic
Gojira
Gojira
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Quest! >> BEGIN

Postby Kaelic » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:48 am

You don't remember how long you've been traveling anymore, trodding through this snow.

You look up.
The night sky seems so empty...cold.
Your stomach grumbles.

Taking another step, the snow crunches under your pads- you look back, trailing the prints back into the forest.

A pale wind brushes through, gnawing at you, and the pines dance and sway.
"Kerrakt!" they call out, beckoning to you through the wind's whistle.


But you press on, focused on the glow of the strange light off in the distance.
There's something for you there- something more.

If only you weren't so cold, so hungry...

You stir.

>> Continue
Last edited by Kaelic on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
I like to help other writers and proofread stories! PM me if interested.
Check out my Interactive Story Quest!
User avatar
Kaelic
Gojira
Gojira
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Quest! >>Continue

Postby Kaelic » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:49 am

You shift again, sanding your cheek and muzzle on the rough, sun-lit stone.

Ugh-

Opening your eyes, you brace yourself up on an arm.

You're not sure how you even slept like this- this hole of a shelter is far from the comfiest place you've ever rested and a pillow doesn't do any good with you shifting around like this.

Speaking of-
Groggy, you reach for your bag which had doubled as a makeshift cushion, but-
*groooaan*
Hungry.

It's time to go.

>>Leave and find something to eat
>>Check inventory
Last edited by Kaelic on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I like to help other writers and proofread stories! PM me if interested.
Check out my Interactive Story Quest!
User avatar
Kaelic
Gojira
Gojira
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Re: Quest!

Postby NeoVid » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:04 am

>check inventory
Founder of the Macrophilia Overthinking Society
User avatar
NeoVid
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:18 pm

Quest! >>Check Inventory

Postby Kaelic » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:54 pm

You decide it would probably be best to check and make sure you aren't leaving anything important behind. After last night, you're surprised the storm didn't blow the while forest down- your belongings might not have fared so well.

You take the tattered leather pouch, opening it up, and shake it out.

Along with a sprinkling of leaves and some crumbs (not quite as effective cushions as you had hoped), you dump out:
1x Length of rope
and
1x Fire Rune

Nope. Everything's accounted for!

You wish you had saved a little bread right now though.

>>Examine Rope
>>Examine Rune
>>Pack up and find some food already
I like to help other writers and proofread stories! PM me if interested.
Check out my Interactive Story Quest!
User avatar
Kaelic
Gojira
Gojira
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Re: Quest!

Postby RaddaRaem » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:45 am

Crap, I'm not in a hurry to potentially kill her off.

>Examine Rune
User avatar
RaddaRaem
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Quest! >> Examine Rune

Postby Kaelic » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:40 am

You reach out and grasp the small stone in your hand, its markings glowing softly to your touch.
A handy, reliable fire-starter, this thing is a lifesaver- you wouldn't want to leave it here for sure!
You notice some of the ashes from last night's fire in the engraving and blow them out with a little puff.
The emblem glows a hot red and warms your palm pleasantly.
Your stomach punctures another pang of hunger with a loud growl.
You stuff the rune in your pouch, fastening it to your sturdy old belt before getting up, dusting yourself off and heading out into the snow-blanketed surrounding wilderness.

>> Continue
I like to help other writers and proofread stories! PM me if interested.
Check out my Interactive Story Quest!
User avatar
Kaelic
Gojira
Gojira
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Re: Quest! >> Continue

Postby Kaelic » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:55 am

A light snowfall tickles your nose, your feet crunching through the soft snow as you reach the tip of this hill.
Some small critters skitter away at your arrival. Nothing worth your time, though.
A sturdy looking tree has toppled over, possibly from the night's storm.

You take a knee.
Closing your eyes, you raise your muzzle to the sky and take in scents.

The pine sap is strong, but through it you pick up what potentially could be some prey as well as something else...
You take another whiff.
Smoke.
It's very light and the source is probably some distance away, but it also carries an unfamiliar, yet delicious tinge.

Opening your eyes and looking around, you pinpoint the suspect smell of game to a forested valley NW of you.
The smoke is not visible, but was blown from the flatter forested area to the NE. It seems farther away, but you're pretty sure there's something tasty there.
>> Investigate Fallen Tree

>> Investigate Game
>> Investigate Smoke
I like to help other writers and proofread stories! PM me if interested.
Check out my Interactive Story Quest!
User avatar
Kaelic
Gojira
Gojira
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Re: Quest! (Interactive)

Postby gadabout » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:06 pm

Investigate Game >:I

I think youre broke anyway
RIP Baggy52.

Mutual Benefit - In Progress... 21/40 -> 52%
Cause for alarm - In Progress... 5/10->50% >|+|< No Cause for alarm - COMPLETE
User avatar
gadabout
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:28 pm
Location: :I


Return to Macro Story

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Usage of this site is goverend by the AUP
phpBB skin developed by: Abdul Turan & MPFans
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
© 1997-2012, Crescendo Communications