No Good Deed (Sequel to The Show)

A place for writers to offer creative feedback and post works in progress.

Re: No Good Deed (Sequel to The Show)

Postby kool kitty89 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:49 am

Duct Tape Fanatic wrote:That's because I couldn't think of a way to continue the story past the initial scene; why there was a giant wolf lady on a secret military base on a moon in the first place. So I started writing about what she might have been doing that got her captured and the rest of it just grew up around her origin.

Well, it worked out amazingly.

Interesting that my own writing style (including a lot of academic stuff) tends to be contrary to "jumping right in" and then expanding a story (or discussion, essay, etc) around that initial one.

With the story ideas I have in particular, I've mostly got broad concepts and (in the most detailed case) a fairly detailed setting/world (with history) established, but actual inspiration for events/relationships I want to happen in the setting and general premise are another matter.
Honestly, I think it'd be a lot easier if I had the idea for where I wanted to go with the bulk of the story and general conclusion rather than having a more focused vision on the world premise applied to that. (and opening section of the story with initial character development and interaction)

Actually, I suppose that's somewhat closer to the way RP scenarios are set-up, or interactive stories (open to public/peer additions). Though, honestly, I'm not partial to doing RPs . . . or, rather, simply haven't been involved with any online RPs in general. (and am cautious of it, partially due to how much time I might spend involved in it, and partially in terms of steering the story in directions I actually care about . . . the latter more in the context of reading though some rather interesting and well-written RP logs that end up turning into messes later on)
kool kitty89
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby TendoTwo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:00 am

Well, seems I completely had forgotten about the sterkor having already infiltrated to some degree the facility Kirana was being kept in, as well as the Thak invading first. Strangely enough, I do remember that actual attack, just didn't remember them invading first.

By the way kool kitty89, you really need to work on quotes :P A lot of time fragments are left over that were supposed to be removed, or stuff is double-quoted or whatnot, makes it a little hard to follow at times :P

Duct Tape Fanatic wrote:That's because I couldn't think of a way to continue the story past the initial scene; why there was a giant wolf lady on a secret military base on a moon in the first place. So I started writing about what she might have been doing that got her captured and the rest of it just grew up around her origin.

That does explain the sudden surprise chapter, but the rest of the story integrated it perfectly. I am glad you went that route though, many here expressed that series as being one of their favorites from you and was quite a different take from your other settings, it certainly is one of my favorites.

There are thousands of examples in literature, film, and even videogames of this kind of thing happening anyway, most times for the better. The whole reason Mario, Sonic, and StarFox exist is because of something like this :mrgreen:

kool kitty89 wrote:I was scanning though the first few pages again, and happened upon this:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6858&start=20

Interesting, that quotation seems to pretty much line up with what I said, especially if your assumption that livestock might have been depleted also carries some truth to it. (Come to think of it, the not living in large unguarded groups thing was even mentioned in Rick and SIlvia)

kool kitty89 wrote:Technically, the Thak did get the Sterkor to ally them, they just failed to establish an official patronage.

Sorry, I meant to say patronage, as in an officially recognized alliance, not the Thak and Sterkor just being in cahoots behind the scenes.

Although it didn't cross my mind that this was an interesting development as well, two factions of humanity (albet one genetically altered) being on both sides of the war rather than just being on one side like in many other stories, even in Patron's War it was implied that humans weren't exactly happy to be working with Lyth, although given the circumstances of how that came to be, that is understandable. The Lyth had a surprisingly opposite mentality about this, in many such scenarios usually the "giant" race also sees the smaller one as just getting in the way and should just leave them be, instead of willingly fighting alongside them.

kool kitty89 wrote:The Rick and Sylvia universe doesn't have the macros inherently violent towards the littles/normals, but obviously their laws and ethics don't treat the little with much respect. (on average, I got the air of apathy in that context, with varying extremes among a minority of the population -and it being acceptable to keep micros as pets, etc, and at least acceptable in some circles to eat them . . . and possibly to attack/terrorize tiny cities/villages for fun) How socially acceptable as a whole some of those activities were might be another topic though. (it's not really clear exactly what the social norm is, aside from the micros obviously being treated as lesser creatures, and not generally deserving respect or rights legally or socially -at least not on the level remotely close to macros)
Actually, that latter thought makes me wonder what the laws of the micros/normals in Rick and Sylvia's universe have to say about the macros in that context.

Though, again, aside from Rick and Sylvia (and a handful of short, one-off stories), most don't center on advanced "civilized" social mechanics being established on both macros and micros. (the whole wild macro thing)
The Rick and Sylvia series is kind of different than the other long-running stories he's done in that respect too.

Hell, even in a case like Rick and Sylvia, there's no board depiction of the global situation and how the social dynamics might differ (for better or worse) in other regions.

To be honest, the Rick and Sylvia series at times felt like it wasn't sure what it's setting wanted to be, the setting felt like it was jumping back and fourth between macros being violent to macros being apathetic a lot. It constantly claims that its pretty horrible for the micros, then constantly rebuts it or has it's own characters rebut it. Mentions of why micros have to live like they do, even by Ven, and then mentions of macros not being as aggressive as just a little whole ago claimed to be. I remember at one point there was a mention of Oakswood attempting to set up phone lines a dozen or so times and macros killing the crew each time till they gave up and just set up a memorial, then I think in the same story claiming that typically it was young children that attacked micros. Just one example but there were many like this. (IIRC, the macros started damaging the phone lines in purpose then lying in wait for the micros to come repair them, sounds like somewhat advanced thinking for a little child to do).

It also seemed heavily implied that a macro eating a micro wouldn't even cause other macros to bat an eye..... yet that ribs place was shut down once before when it was discovered they were tossing micros into them.

Just a few examples off the top of my head, but I recall it happening a lot.

Although I loved reading them still just because of how adorable Rick and Sylvia were together.

kool kitty89 wrote:Well . . . actually, there's another interesting dynamic that was established in his Dusk Hunt stories . . . and actually derived from an RP at that.

Ran into Dusk Hunt a few months ago, and yeah, I liked the different take on the first contact scenario, especially since both sizes were fairly primitive in technology (rather, the wolves didn't have any at all) and unable to communicate directly, and yet despite the wolves being far more instinct based, she recognized intelligence and refused to eat him.

Granted though, it also might have been different like this because it was based on an RP.

The sequel's mention of the wolves being astonished at the little guy's ability to "control the material world" or something to that extent was amusing to read, especially the part where the entire pack were surrounding him to get instructions on how to build rafts.

(P.S., no offense but at this point you pretty much mentioned how you wished nearly every unfinished series DTF has ever done was continued :P )
TendoTwo
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby kool kitty89 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:12 am

TendoTwo wrote:By the way kool kitty89, you really need to work on quotes :P A lot of time fragments are left over that were supposed to be removed, or stuff is double-quoted or whatnot, makes it a little hard to follow at times :P

Ugh, in that last response to you, it was just one mistake that screwed up the whole thing. (forgot to edit out the nested "quote=kool kitty89")

The bigger problem is that the forums auto-correct missing quote tags, so it added an end tag rather than leaving it open (and an obvious error) or prompting me that the number of quote tags was incorrect. (the latter is more typical for modern vbullitin revisions and similar forum software -not sure what macrophile uses)

I fixed it now though, and I did intend that quote from Darwin's Revenge to be in bold rather than a quote box. (intended it to be obviously different than the quoted posts in this thread that I'm replying to)

That does explain the sudden surprise chapter, but the rest of the story integrated it perfectly. I am glad you went that route though, many here expressed that series as being one of their favorites from you and was quite a different take from your other settings, it certainly is one of my favorites.

it was also that twist that made it into something much more than a typical short story, or even an extension of one of those shorts (in a serial fashion -either with sequels or just an extended variation of the initial story). Instead it became an epic story with numerous complex sub-plot arcs, and actually making that initial segment into one of those sub-plots, leaving into a much bigger Sci-Fi epic.

Honestly, you could probably trim out the "macro" theme from it with a few tweaks and still have a great sci-fi story premise. Personally, I like the overall dynamic better than some of the story universes DTF drew inspiration from, including the Wing Commander games. (actually, if you look at the hints to the expanded universe in Wing Commander's original game plots, the overall situation was implied to be a fair bit more complex in terms of other races being involved than Terran and Kilrathi as well as Kilrathi rebels playing a role not directly parallel to the Terran war but not directly against them per-se either, it's just that the games didn't generally touch on that directly . . . in any case, it was still mostly a 2 party conflict with Terran and Kilrathi, so still simpler in that regard --I'm not sure if the cartoon touched on more than that too, but i know the awful non-canon plot of the Film "remake" was weaker in all regards -insanely stupid and mind boggling that it was written and directed by the same guy to do WC I-IV and Starlancer)

There are thousands of examples in literature, film, and even videogames of this kind of thing happening anyway, most times for the better. The whole reason Mario, Sonic, and StarFox exist is because of something like this :mrgreen:

Sonic ended up with a continuity mess because of that though . . . mainly the screwed up writing in virtually any complex (and some simple) plots following Adventure 2. (and even adventure 2 was arguably mediocre at times -had they improved from that point forward -including balancing light hearted and darker/deeper story elements it could have been fine, but that and the evolution of gameplay/design got screwed up moving on)
Mario never pushed super complex plots, with the closest to that being the RPG spin-offs, which were hit and miss but reasonably good over all in their own respects. (I know you were frustrated by the cheap happy ending applied to Thousand Year Door)

Star Fox is its own mess of good and bad. You've got the plots of the first 2 games (including the unreleased Star Fox 2) and the associated (reasonably canonical) Nintendo Power promotional comic. And then a complete reboot with Star Fox 64 that actually simplified the plot if you consider the official expanded universe applied to the original series. (and I'm including the SF64 Nintendo Power comic to compare as well).
Then there's Adventures, which was a distorted interpretation of an original story with Dinosaur Planet, and while some argue the conversion to a Star Fox spin-off is what deteriorated the original potential of that game, I'd argue it was simply the execution of that conversion that screwed things up. (they forced too many Star Fox elements in and distorted the game's original story too much . . . replacing Saber with Fox could have been done much less obtrusively IMO, and even introducing a handful of flying stages could have made sense -especially since the original game did include some flying stages in the first place, and much more interesting segments could have been added than the horribly out of place "fly through rings" space stages or the Andross final boss -which I didn't mind playing so much, but it really screwed up the story dynamic)

Assault was OK overall IMO. Story was fine, cameos were OK, happy ending was reasonable (personally I prefer cop-outs in that manner than killing off characters just to add conflict/drama to an ending -Fringe did that with its finale, and I saw it a mile off yet I was still hoping they'd surprise me and stick with the sweeter ending they could have). Gameplay of Assault was OK too, though I know some people hated the ground missions. (for me, once you choose the better control mapping, the main issue was having levels that didn't mesh well enough for switching between the different vehicles and feeling cramped and confusing overall, especially on harder difficulties -the on-foot sections were sometimes hard to navigate by themselves, but having swarms of enemies made it a real pain)

Command had a good story, interesting branching plot/ending, and good character/level design for the most part (not super fond of the art style though), but the controls ruined it IMO.
And after that, there's been nothing . . . and that's a much more limited set of games than the Mario or Sonic ones (or spinoffs) with any sort of real plots applied.

. . . Wow, that kind of ended up way off topic, and I'm not sure how much overlap there actually is with the way Nature's story was developed. (those game examples are all more an issue of expanded universe being employed to existing stories with very vague/broad premises established or implied, DTF's story OTOH started as a very specific and embedded scenario within -what became- a much bigger world . . . I guess somewhat like some Mario and Sonic examples, but not really like Star Fox at all -that was more a linear progression of story with added in-game plot development/detail becoming more complex with later installments)

Interesting, that quotation seems to pretty much line up with what I said, especially if your assumption that livestock might have been depleted also carries some truth to it. (Come to think of it, the not living in large unguarded groups thing was even mentioned in Rick and SIlvia)

Same thing with dense cities in general (and especially with skyscrapers) providing too tempting of targets to practically defend in general. (maybe with some exceptions -since relatively high densities allowed from skyscrapers would mean a smaller area to protect, and practical formation of a walled fortress sort of arrangement with heavy defences -something specifically addressed in "First Crack at This" and actually something that's one of the core features of the story I'm working on)

Sorry, I meant to say patronage, as in an officially recognized alliance, not the Thak and Sterkor just being in cahoots behind the scenes.

The fact that the terrans don't consider the Sturkor part of the same society at all (let alone the division between the boarder world colonies. (I think Edge-World is what DTF used, boarder-world is in the Wing Commander universe)
Edit: yeah, it was the Edge World Coalition and Inner System Alliance that were in Patron's War (the Lyth first making contact with the EWC, since the colony being attacked was located there). Wing Commander had the Terran Confederation and Union of Boarder Worlds. (and like in Wind Commander, the two groups were on the verge of war just prior to the Thak incursion . . . except in WC, the Kilrathi conflict itself had delayed those internal conflicts and that came to the surface following the end of the war -hence the main plot of Wing Commander IV)

Although it didn't cross my mind that this was an interesting development as well, two factions of humanity (albet one genetically altered) being on both sides of the war rather than just being on one side like in many other stories, even in Patron's War it was implied that humans weren't exactly happy to be working with Lyth, although given the circumstances of how that came to be, that is understandable. The Lyth had a surprisingly opposite mentality about this, in many such scenarios usually the "giant" race also sees the smaller one as just getting in the way and should just leave them be, instead of willingly fighting alongside them.

It's even more complex than that, since (as above), not only do you have the Sturkor (who are generally not even considered part of humanity -and even the rare exceptions of rebels like Grady aren't generally accepted by normal humans), but you have the far more convoluted dynamic of the EWC and ISA.

And not only the related civil unrest to the point of nearing civil war just prior to the Thak invasion, but the fact that those issues persisted during the main plot of Patron's War and the ISA in particular being relatively paranoid over the whole development and seeing the Lyth as a threat as well -particularly as formation of patronage had been formed without their involvement. (and you've got the Lyth/Thak conflict basically forcing the ISA to form a -albeit uneasy- union between EWC and ISA, yet the Lyth having better relations with the EWC in general -including the debacle of the ISA attempting to confiscate the mass drivers)

Lots of potential bureaucratic and political intrigue in there, and a fair amount DTF had already started getting into.
On top of that, you've got secret factions of the Terran forces reverse engineering Vulpyran technology (especially hyperdrive) beyond the level of Lyth or Thak, and that same group mixing in Thak rebels. (and the rebels themselves having various motives and loyalties making things ever more complex)

A lot of that seemed to be coming to a head just when DTF stopped writing, including that new batch of fighters that was invulnerable to energy weapons. (some were speculating that was an all-new enemy, but I always assumed it was related to the Thak-Sterkor alliance, especially given what the Terrans had managed to engineer in secret already -the Hyperdrive project and related advanced military tech)

To be honest, the Rick and Sylvia series at times felt like it wasn't sure what it's setting wanted to be, the setting felt like it was jumping back and fourth between macros being violent to macros being apathetic a lot. It constantly claims that its pretty horrible for the micros, then constantly rebuts it or has it's own characters rebut it. Mentions of why micros have to live like they do, even by Ven, and then mentions of macros not being as aggressive as just a little whole ago claimed to be. I remember at one point there was a mention of Oakswood attempting to set up phone lines a dozen or so times and macros killing the crew each time till they gave up and just set up a memorial, then I think in the same story claiming that typically it was young children that attacked micros. Just one example but there were many like this. (IIRC, the macros started damaging the phone lines in purpose then lying in wait for the micros to come repair them, sounds like somewhat advanced thinking for a little child to do).

It generally made sense to me. With the scenario DTF set-up, it wouldn't take a huge chunk of the macro population to cause a ton of trouble, especially if consider that chunk largely being composed by idiot jerks/punks (Lynx and Katz epitomized this). It's just that the story didn't directly characterize many of the macros in general, since it's mostly directed to the micro's PoV in general. (several other stories do the same thing, though First Crack at This added more detail to the Macro side of things in general)
Rick and Sylvia also established the problem with even addressing violent idiots screwing things up, since actually attacking (or killing) the macro could indeed lead to even more problems in the long run. (retribution as such, another reasons the "Trappers" were problematic for the micros -even if they'd been more legitimate vigilantes, it would still have been risky) Hence the emphasis on non-lethal (or less lethal) defenses being employed against the macros in general.

The only definitive thing established in Rick and Sylvia was that (as a whole) the macro society considered the micros as lesser then themselves and didn't establish many laws grating them specific rights or protection.

And the whole pred-phase thing specific to macros added a further segment of complexity to the whole issue. (which may explain some of the legal issues as well) It was pretty well established that suppressing the pred phase wasn't possible, and some were much more severe than others.

It also seemed heavily implied that a macro eating a micro wouldn't even cause other macros to bat an eye..... yet that ribs place was shut down once before when it was discovered they were tossing micros into them.

I'm not sure it was established that the "ingredients" in Smokey's Ribs' was a secret. Just because Lyra didn't know about that didn't mean it was an outright secret or at least not a commonly held assumption (if it was a "secret ingredient" of sorts). Lyra and Ven had been little kids when the law went into place that forced them to shut down, so it would make sense that she didn't remember anything about that.
That, or maybe there was some legal issue about actually selling micros as food in general. (similarly, in Arbon's Jack and Jill, it seemed socially acceptable to eat micros, but not a commodity that could be purchased)

I also assumed there were a few inconsistencies that simply developed as DTF further expanded the universe . . . it's hard to avoid retconning some things that way. (and if he continues his re-writes of that series, those conflicts could be addressed in greater detail)

(P.S., no offense but at this point you pretty much mentioned how you wished nearly every unfinished series DTF has ever done was continued :P )

Meh . . . I could write off most of them if it meant the ones really deserving of it went on. Like I'm not ever expecting "The Wall" to get picked up again. Rick and Sylvia probably will come back at some point (just given his personal interest in that universe), but I'm not super eager to see that one again compared to some others.

Darwin's Revenge was the most recently updated of the unfinished major works, but Patron's War is the one I'm really hoping will come back at some point. (it's also the longest abandoned of any of DTF's novel length stories, but I'm still hoping he'll get some new inspiration to continue that at some point) At one point I even remember having more attention towards Rick and Sylvia for the light hearted aspects, but any time I've actually gone back and started reading parts of Nature or Patron's War again I remember just how awesome that is on so many levels.

Actually, it's a bit odd, but DTF never uploaded Nature or Patron's War ro his FA account, in spite of moving over most of his other macrophile.com stuff. (then again, he also hasn't posted any of his older non-macro werewolf themed stories there either)

On another note, I haven't gotten around to reading some of kusanagi's major series either. Haven't read Frontlines, F Project, or Connections. I started getting into MDF a long time ago, but he ended up abandoning that one. :p
kool kitty89
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby TendoTwo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:41 am

kool kitty89 wrote:Sonic ended up with a continuity mess because of that though . . .

Mario never pushed super complex plots, with the closest to that being the RPG spin-offs...

Star Fox is its own mess of good and bad...

Umm, sorry, I should have been more specific, but that's actually not what I was getting at at all, sorry to have you brainstorm all that.

What I meant was actually their creation, Donkey Kong was originally going to be a Popeye game but Miyamoto couldn't secure the rights so he created Donkey Kong, Pauliene, and "Jumpman" instead.

Sonic was originally about a rabbit that grabbed objects with it's ears.

And Star Fox was originally just a 3D testing app made to see how well the FX chip could perform, that they found fun and made into a full game.

Mario, Sonic, and Star Fox were all created by accident and these weren't their original plans, but I think we all agree its better it happened this way.

That is what I meant, if DTF had not gone with the space chapter early on the entire story would have been different, and likely nowhere near as long or having such an intricate world built around it.

kool kitty89 wrote:The fact that the terrans don't consider the Sturkor part of the same society at all (let alone the division between the boarder world colonies. (I think Edge-World is what DTF used, boarder-world is in the Wing Commander universe)
Edit: yeah, it was the Edge World Coalition and Inner System Alliance that were in Patron's War (the Lyth first making contact with the EWC, since the colony being attacked was located there).

I know the humans didn't consider them part of the same society, but didn't the cousil view them as the same race? A Sturkor was about to forcibly sign up all of humanity with the Thak when Grady intervened after all.

And BTW, I have never played Wing Commander, so all those references are really going over my head :(

kool kitty89 wrote:And not only the related civil unrest to the point of nearing civil war just prior to the Thak invasion, but the fact that those issues persisted during the main plot of Patron's War and the ISA in particular being relatively paranoid over the whole development and seeing the Lyth as a threat as well -particularly as formation of patronage had been formed without their involvement. (and you've got the Lyth/Thak conflict basically forcing the ISA to form a -albeit uneasy- union between EWC and ISA, yet the Lyth having better relations with the EWC in general -including the debacle of the ISA attempting to confiscate the mass drivers)

Well, that's understandable, a single guy more or less who really held no political or bureaucratic power just signed up the entire human race as allies with a giant alien race that is at war with another, and the Lyth although saving humanity in the end did still cause trouble for them while fighting the Thak. Not to mention the Thak just cared about the strategic location of the planet they invaded, not humanity itself, except that now they do since they are Lyth allies.

On top of that there is the whole paranoia of the aliens resembling a sentient bipedal version of one of their most ferocious predators form Earth... only the size of a building.

True, its pretty much implied that the Thak eventually would start attacking them, but as of now it made it look like a single person drug them into a war they had no interest or stake in.

kool kitty89 wrote:It generally made sense to me. With the scenario DTF set-up, it wouldn't take a huge chunk of the macro population to cause a ton of trouble, especially if consider that chunk largely being composed by idiot jerks/punks (Lynx and Katz epitomized this). It's just that the story didn't directly characterize many of the macros in general, since it's mostly directed to the micro's PoV in general. (several other stories do the same thing, though First Crack at This added more detail to the Macro side of things in general)
Rick and Sylvia also established the problem with even addressing violent idiots screwing things up, since actually attacking (or killing) the macro could indeed lead to even more problems in the long run. (retribution as such, another reasons the "Trappers" were problematic for the micros -even if they'd been more legitimate vigilantes, it would still have been risky) Hence the emphasis on non-lethal (or less lethal) defenses being employed against the macros in general.

The only definitive thing established in Rick and Sylvia was that (as a whole) the macro society considered the micros as lesser then themselves and didn't establish many laws grating them specific rights or protection.

While it did primary focus on how the micros were impacted in that world, a lot of the dialog or even backstory about how the world worked was from both sides, a lot of the points of view were also from a macro perspective IIRC. It wasn't just the micros with a limited view of the world assuming most macros were aggressive.

kool kitty89 wrote:And the whole pred-phase thing specific to macros added a further segment of complexity to the whole issue. (which may explain some of the legal issues as well) It was pretty well established that suppressing the pred phase wasn't possible, and some were much more severe than others.

Actually, that's a little unclear, I assume this is due to the stories being about a year apart, but although in It's That Time Ven claimed that Pred Phases only happen to macro predators, in Family Trouble a micro cat claimed that her aunt had gone through one after Silvia made a remark that the micro probably had a family member who had gone through it too.

(There was also the inconsistency where in one story Silvia claimed she didn't have a sister but in a later story said she did)

Probably the only reason I remember this though is because I only read through that series recently in one shot.

I'm not sure it was established that the "ingredients" in Smokey's Ribs' was a secret. Just because Lyra didn't know about that didn't mean it was an outright secret or at least not a commonly held assumption (if it was a "secret ingredient" of sorts).

They mentioned it was some kind of scandal or something in the news once word got out, so its not like they were completely open with it either. Plus the human that Silvia saved from that place mentioned when the two cooks were discussing what to do with him the owner said he didn't want to get into trouble again (although it's not clear if this is because they were going to toss a micro period or specifically toss a human who is currently under the protection of that law in the basket).

kool kitty89 wrote:Rick and Sylvia probably will come back at some point (just given his personal interest in that universe), but I'm not super eager to see that one again compared to some others.

Well the thing about Rick and Silvia is that it has a persistent world rather than an ongoing plot, its essentially a series rather than a single story being told from start to end, so even if major character gets added or removed, or a large shift happens, it can just keep going forever really.

kool kitty89 wrote:Darwin's Revenge was the most recently updated of the unfinished major works, but Patron's War is the one I'm really hoping will come back at some point.

True :mrgreen: (Not that I wouldn't mind more Rick and Silvia either however)

kool kitty89 wrote:On another note, I haven't gotten around to reading some of kusanagi's major series either. Haven't read Frontlines, F Project, or Connections. I started getting into MDF a long time ago, but he ended up abandoning that one. :p

Heh, its funny how I still haven't gotten around to stories like First Crack At This while you keep mtneioning it and you haven't gotten around to kusanagi's older stories while I have.

Then again when I see several stories I like by the same writer I tend to just do a mass-search on what threads that writer has started in both the current and archived story forums. Really hoping F Project and Acting gets continued, Connections seems very very unlikely. (Frontlines and it's sequel F Project are kinda similar to Nature except the role of advanced race/first contact is kinda reversed, but with a slightly more limited scope).
TendoTwo
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Kusanagi » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:07 am

Oh wow I got a mention! :D

Right now I'm focused on finishing City's a Stage, after that who knows.

Connections is doubtful more because I feel like I'm a different person than when I wrote it, and don't believe I could capture that insane feel that made it work. (Translation: I got old and can't drink nearly that much anymore :P )
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kusanagi/

http://giantessworld.net/viewuser.php?uid=27873 (something new has been added :o)

catch other stories by the drunken writer
Kusanagi
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby arbon » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:01 am

Haha, I got a mention as well. It’s a good thing this particular story is over, because the discussion is quite literally all over the place. I mean, Jeez Koolkitty, I haven’t found any actual works from you yet, but by the time you actually get around to writing and posting something I’m willing to bet it will be lengthy and it will take inspiration from /everything/.

(similarly, in Arbon's Jack and Jill, it seemed socially acceptable to eat micros, but not a commodity that could be purchased)

Side note regarding Jack and Jill, Micros are widely available for sale, with prices and numbers varying from region to region and flavors ranging from ‘crippled’ ‘child’ and ‘feisty’ … or at least they are within Jill’s country. People only hunt for them because captive micros don’t panic or scream as much as freshly caught micros, which will be a plot point later on.
arbon
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Location: Despite what the green paws might claim, not a giant monster. Look down. See that little mouse?

Postby Duct Tape Fanatic » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:57 am

So you're still working on that?
Fixing the world, one duct tape job at a time.
Duct Tape Fanatic
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby arbon » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:31 am

Yeah, I'm about halfway to the point where I'll feel comfortable posting more to it. Have been writing it for a while now, even managed to get an editor willing to look over things. My greatest accomplishment thus far was giving him nightmares. :twisted:

I've made it to chapter 15 (156 pages total, what's currently posted is 34 pages) from Jill's perspective, but because knowing what Jill's thinking will absolutely destroy any sense of tension or suspense that might otherwise come from Jack's perspective, I need to Finnish writing his and make sure those are posted first. Add in the fact that people are actually paying attention to it, let alone all of my favorite authors, and I'm even more hesitant to post anything until I'm absolutely proud of it.
arbon
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Location: Despite what the green paws might claim, not a giant monster. Look down. See that little mouse?

Postby TendoTwo » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:44 am

arbon wrote:Side note regarding Jack and Jill, Micros are widely available for sale, with prices and numbers varying from region to region and flavors ranging from ‘crippled’ ‘child’ and ‘feisty’ … or at least they are within Jill’s country. People only hunt for them because captive micros don’t panic or scream as much as freshly caught micros, which will be a plot point later on.

Wow, that's uhh...... disturbing, to be honest.
TendoTwo
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Kusanagi » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:42 am

well clearly the new focus on the debate has to be on Arbon to post more :P

Seriously though, I love Jack and Jill, it is like the flip side to Rick and Silvia, that much darker and more desperate without going overboard. That oh so awesome spot that DTF resides, and that I try to (miserably) maintain, that spot between the cliche gentle and rampage. Course I'm just speaking from my own bias, but the hell with it, more Jack and Jill please!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kusanagi/

http://giantessworld.net/viewuser.php?uid=27873 (something new has been added :o)

catch other stories by the drunken writer
Kusanagi
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Macro Story