Mathematical Inconsistency

A place for writers to offer creative feedback and post works in progress.

Postby WilyWolf » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:18 am

My complaint is, it been an entire DAY and you havent updated. Wow. How slow can you be? :wink:
Yeah I'm a pawslut. Don't judge!
WilyWolf
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Location: For all you know, stuck to the bottom of your foot.

Postby foxelite » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:02 pm

Dis' shit be horrible. More dudes that are whipped by their bitches, and this story has not enough explosions.
Yeaaa.. Collie too lazy to update his name.. so yea.. BRACKISH LIVES.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/xbrackishx/
foxelite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby HypeEnlite » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:40 pm

*detonates a foxelite in an explosion michael bay would be proud of, as he might quietly shed a tear, murmuring 'beautiful...'*
HypeEnlite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby foxelite » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:07 am

Don'tchu be stickin' up for Gada.. you.. random reptile that I do not even know!

DOWN WITH GADABOUT! DOWN!
Yeaaa.. Collie too lazy to update his name.. so yea.. BRACKISH LIVES.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/xbrackishx/
foxelite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Boring » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:25 am

:o

Well I'm glad my complaint was taken most seriously and I am even more glad to read more of this story...

I'm not sure I can surpass the criticisms that you have already been given, HypeEnlite above me seems to have won that particular bit, even in your eyes even thought they aren't exactly complaints.

So I'll say I'm looking forward to reading how you fill in those holes that have been pointed out; and that your updates are too far apart, just for the complaint you so desire.
Boring
Attack of the 50ft
Attack of the 50ft

Re: Mathematical Inconsistency

Postby gadabout » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:16 pm

Here, take this

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The next several days with Katelyn and Jacob consisted mostly of hard work and labor because Kate insisted that Jacob make his home, a little more at home... in her home. While the previous statement may be a little hard to understand, all it meant was attaching Jacob's house to a wall and connecting things like plumbing and electricity to Kate's house. The job consisted mostly of drilling a few holes and attaching a few carefully calculated transformers here and there. Being Kate's professor, Jacob let her do most of the calculations herself and was genuinely impressed by her accuracy... Indeed, watching a student succeed is the best kind of satisfaction any kind of teacher can get.

While the thought of being a permanent resident in Kate’s home like some dirty little secret did scare Jacob a bit, he did refrain from suggesting that she return his house to its previous location only because there was someone, or many other people out for his head. Besides, she seemed to like the idea quite a bit and they both seemed to get along very well despite the size difference and the impending doom of Jacob's pursuers once they inevitably get wise to this whole set up.

Jacob read a little more of Sam's diary everyday, it turns out that Sam never really got to meet this mysterious offspring by the name of Kate but did express his relief that it never came to be because knowing two giants closely was more than enough for Sams sanity. Moving on from that, Jacob learned some interesting facts surrounding the nature of the co-op living project and more importantly, the disappearances of it's residents in the final entries of the journal...

- - - -

The humans and the 'macros' as the giants were called have been getting along very well and that meant that the Co-op project was an excellent success, the two groups integrated almost seamlessly and several friendships were formed. There was even news of some individuals considering inter-species marriages and relationships, though no one officially formed the bond yet of course as there were still several issues that needed to be worked out considering each side had a different set of needs and all, but even those problems found themselves solved almost instantaneously.

Sam on the other hand remained in his house alone, slowly filling it with smoke as he puffed on cigarettes while watching the macros and the humans getting along outside through his window. The air was so saturated with smoke that Sam was inhaling smoke instead of air and the toxic gas filled the house like a deadly fog. Bryana and her mate didn't approach him too much ever since that little incident with the teapot, they did come by a few times to make amends (which were gracefully accepted by Sam) but had to desist when Sam made it clear that he was unwilling to go out anymore, though they were still kind enough to leave food and drink out at his door. Staying in was perfectly natural for Sam of course, he was an old man with an easily noticeable unhealthy habit so it was ok for him to sit by the window and watch those young whipper snappers at the prime of their youth do things that were down right unheard of before this little project began.

Then there was a knock on the door.

"Hey pal, you in there?" a familiar voice called from the other side.

"Yeah, I'm always in here," Sam called back, "come on in."

"Right," Sanders opened the door, letting some of the built up smoke curl it's way out the door as he walked in, not noticing the artificial dense fog as he was too busy looking into a plastic bag he carried, "I got the stuff you asked for but-" Sanders suddenly stopped talking and started coughing violently, "Oh god-" he sputtered between coughs, "fire! FIRE!"

"Oh shut up," Sam growled, "you do this every time!"

"How can I not do this?" Sanders covered his face with his free arm, "There's enough smoke in here to choke a macro to death!"

"What ever," Sam crossed the room over to where Sanders was gasping for air, "did you get everything I asked you to get?"

"Yeah, yeah..." Sanders coughed, "just come outside, seriously pal, I can't breathe in here"

"After you," Sam motioned towards the door and followed Sanders outside, "just hand over the cigarettes already! You know I cant live with out them."

"Pal," Sanders chuckled as he handed the plastic bag to Sam, "you can't live with them!"

The two men stood outside for a while, silently regarding their fellow humans and the macros mingling with each other out in the street. Sam smirked at the thought of how the members of one party that were once cowering in fear inside of their own homes from the fearsome beasts that lived near by were now resting in the palms of the very same creatures they once feared with out a single care in the world. It wasn't until after the last sentient being disappeared behind closed doors did either of the two observers speak.

"This little project we got going on here seems to be going pretty well," Sam began as he drew another puff from his cigarette, "although I get the feeling this is too good to be true."

"Oh?" Sanders replied with out turning to face Sam, "Why do you say that?"

"I know who's sponsoring this setup," Sam tapped his cigarette, forcing the ash to fall from its tip, "and I’m fairly certain you know who it is too."

"Heh, yeah..." Sanders chuckled sadly, "I'm guessing you're suspicious because that guy isn’t known to do things out of the kindness of his heart."

"Exactly," Sam replied, "I just want to know what he's getting out of this."

"What? You think he's going to tell me?" Sanders finally looked at Sam, shrugging his shoulders, "I'm just another grunt to him... but hey, I might have heard a few things..."

"Do tell..." Sam pressured.

"I'm not really supposed to be telling you this," Sanders leaned on the house he was standing in front of, "but this project here was created so that it will fail... well, just one half of its creators want it to fail anyway..."

"Why?" Sam raised an eyebrow.

"Let's see... where to begin..." Sanders pondered, "you know about the other head of this project right? Canis and Sons, that macro company that produce iron and steel... they do metal working too, but don't worry about that part 'cause that's more for the macros..."

"Yeah," Sam smirked, "I met their 'CEO' if you could call him that... Mat was his name wasn't it? Strange though, never thought this place was a mining town..."

"Yeah, that's him." Sanders confirmed, "Then you should also know that his dinky little family business of about... twelve or so people is a direct competition to our other sponsor, who is leading the huge multinational company Cenco."

"I think I see where this is going..." Sam commented.

"Now Canis and Sons," Sanders continued, raising his index finger to silence Sam, "thought that it would be a good idea to bring our two communities together since we are their main source of income and asked Cenco if they would help as a sign of good will, very naive of them if you ask me..."

"Little did they know that Cenco was planning a smear job," Sam concluded, "which would turn public opinion against the macros and kill their economy so that Cenco would dominate the market..."

"Exactly." Sanders confirmed, "they are hoping to take over their mine too, heard it's full of minerals."

"But I'm still wondering," Sam lit another cigarette, "what kind of smear job are they trying to do? People around here trust the macros to some extent because of our... business transactions-"

"But are still afraid because we still have limited contact with them," Sanders noted, "I bet when you came here you were thinking all about the worst case scenario weren't you?"

"Well, yeah..." Sam scratched the back of his head.

"Listen, I gotta go but, just keep thinking like that... you'll see it eventually..." Sanders pushed himself off the wall and started walking away with his head lowered and his shoulders hunched, “hey, take care of yourself, all right?”

“Of course...” Sam bowed slightly after a long pause.

----------------

I like to hear displeased comments aka COMPLAINTS
RIP Baggy52.

Mutual Benefit - In Progress... 21/40 -> 52%
Cause for alarm - In Progress... 5/10->50% >|+|< No Cause for alarm - COMPLETE
gadabout
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Kusanagi » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:34 am

Your update schedule is appalling! :P

Is it just me or is the dead guy getting way more screen time than our actual protagonist?
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kusanagi/

http://giantessworld.net/viewuser.php?uid=27873 (something new has been added :o)

catch other stories by the drunken writer
Kusanagi
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Exit_Man » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:19 pm

What a terrible story, Jacob is so selfish not telling Kate her life is in danger now. Sanders made it quite clear macros are hardly unstoppable. Someone who knows what he is doing, like Sanders himself, could kill one with nothing more than a revolver. Kate is hardly safe from Jacob's pursuers just because shes a giant.
Exit_Man
Getting Bigger
Getting Bigger

Postby RaddaRaem » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:02 am

You make us wait so agonizingly long for this? I write longer author's notes than that. Also, how dare you skip over the majority of Sam's journal! >:U His ramblings about how many packs of cigarettes he smoked each day are considered American literary classics! Shame on you.
RaddaRaem
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby kool kitty89 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:10 am

When I started to read the part about ulterior motives for the co-op project, my first thought was for real estate interests (ie if integrated communities were successful, there would be massive potential for untapped housing potential within macro communities).
Then I kept reading and it turned out to be nothing like that at all . . . and just the more typical (and certainly more sinister) corporate PR backstabbing. (and in a typical industrial context at that) :p

Hmm, that reminds me of the main conflict point in DTF's old "The Wall" story. (not the exact same context, but similar in some respects)
kool kitty89
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Macro Story