Miscommunication

A place for writers to offer creative feedback and post works in progress.

Re: Miscommunication

Postby kool kitty89 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:54 am

foxelite wrote:@Radda : IT WAS NOT THAT HARD TO FOLLOW.. good day to you =|

True . . . it really wasn't that tough to follow IMO.

Though you did use "Bolt" instead of "Volt" once, and "suite" instead of "suit."

And, yes, I'm just now getting back to reading this. (I've had it bookmarked going on 6 months now :p )
kool kitty89
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby kool kitty89 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:17 pm

foxelite wrote:Well Radda, it is true that it was AWHILE ago that I hinted at what Jazz really was, so it could have easily gone over many people's heads (namely those that bleet) unless you were reading this straight through for some reason. As for the VE's... yes they are looking quite sparse, aren't they? Factor in Ghost mentioned there were like 16... now minus him, Volt and 3 others that leaves 11. Yep, it looks 'kinda' bleak... assuming they don't have a dragon.. >_> I mean.. yeah.

Anywho.. thanks for the unexpected comment... I promise I'll get around to reading your nonsen-- story... I've been a busy collie.

Were some of those hints back here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1599

Where the whole "broken 4 genetic barriers" and genertic alterations things came in?
kool kitty89
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby kool kitty89 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Forgot about this earlier . . . but if the foxes were trying to get to earth to colonize it, what does that mean for the whole "repairing tears in space-time" or whatever thing that the dimensional arc-cross was supposedly designed for?

Is that all something fabricated (or caused) by the vulpines intentionally, and covered up or masked as something else.

And if so, does that mean that Kia, as self-serving and selfish as she was (not to mention insecure and a morally confused -not just sociopathic, but seemingly conflicted and unsure of things), had accidently put a damper on those secret plans by killing the vulpine enginnering team and stealking their research/hardware?

And that whole rant Ghost went on about was BS . . . or not so much from Kia's PoV as she seemed to believe that, but rather perpetuating the general lies of the entire premise of that research.
kool kitty89
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Kusanagi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:38 pm

Gah completely catch up and it hasn't been updated since May! I'm starting to know how my own readers feel :roll:

Remind me never to let a story get past three pages before checking in, this binge reading is not good my health.

phew well that was a ride, admittedly from beginning to end it's felt like two separate stories, both entertaining of course, but there's of course the beginning with Kia/Brackish which seemed more like a rampage story with a brain, then with the Introduction of Ire and Jazz it shifted into something so much more.

Like Shady Impressions can't go over everything, so lets focus on the main characters.

Non bloodthirsty monsters first.

Jazz: Love her, badass with some real depth to her. Considering all the blood thirsty monsters in this story the fact that she's reluctant to kill even those actively trying to kill her makes her refreshing.

The survivor trio (quartet? Not calling them the former survivor trio till I see bloody or charred bodies :I) of Bradshaw, Carl, and the Agent: Carl was the character that kept me reading through the first half, but the other characters completely won me over in the Truck scene. The whole 'okay do whatever we don't give a damn anymore.' was just hilarious (seat belt safety saves lives). Hope they made it through, looks bad but after Carmen popped up again I ain't counting anyone out.

Carmen: She was a bitch at first, but her near death experience made her a bit more likable, wonder what happened to her.

General Tajo: he's the bad guy, kinda, but I respect a man that is clearly cool and competent. Also managing to be incredibly civil even when the entire world has gone insane.

Bloodthirsty Monsters.

Kia (RIP or pieces whatever): Actually didn't has as much of problem with her some people did, probably because up until Ire popped up in the story, her victims were pretty much Darwin award candidates. Now after Ire showed up and the doggy went a little crazy, plus some revelations in her past...yeah doggy had to be put down.

Brackish: A dog who's tactics were probably inspired by Insanity wolf (Keep low profile BY MURDERING THE FUCK OUT OF COPS!!) admittedly prior to him going to mexican prison I was happily hoping he would die. Then damn you, you actually made him somewhat likable! Helps we found out the Mexican army might have world conquering plans so that made them less sympathetic, but still his character development made him at least tolerable.

Marcus: Was sympathetic at first, then got big and kind of feel into a mess of rampage tropes (I want them to suffer in my belleh!), then met Jazz and wtf he's actually reverting to being likable again! Gah I even consider himself something of an honorary member of the the Trio...you know if they survived and all...

The Foxes (Bloodthirsty Monsters with brush tails)

Aside from Ghost (who for the most part, while ruthless is just exceedingly good at his job) and maybe Talla, I can basically write axe crazy and be done with it. Granted the explanation of their motives in the recent chapter make more sense, but phew there's so much betrayal and random violence that I figure even if they succeed they'll wind up killing each other within a month or so. :lol:
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kusanagi/

http://giantessworld.net/viewuser.php?uid=27873 (something new has been added :o)

catch other stories by the drunken writer
Kusanagi
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby kool kitty89 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Kusanagi wrote:Jazz: Love her, badass with some real depth to her. Considering all the blood thirsty monsters in this story the fact that she's reluctant to kill even those actively trying to kill her makes her refreshing.

Even more so with the strongly implied backstory of her once being (more or less) a bloodthirsty monster as well.
These sorts of reformed/compassionate/reluctant predator chars are among my absolute favorite (dark, deep, complex, but still sympathetic -including those just on the other side where they can't quite shake their nature). Darwin's Revenge did that (and Dawnbringer's First Try, of course -and Radda's First Crack at This), and Fiela is rather like that too, among several others. (come to think of it, Arilin is very much in line with this too . . . and, of course, various close analogs in the likes of the "reluctant monster" or -especially- "reluctant vampire" trope -which I've rambled on about before -particularly nice overlap here since most of my geeky family/friends are also into those themes :D )

Your Kelly is trying to do that too, it seems . . . though for rather different reasons than the more fundamental intellectual and moral conflicts typically used. :p (we'll see if Vana might not end up being turned as well ;) )
A lot tougher in a universe where there's no actual (or not much of one) viable alternative to eating other sentient living things. (liked how NeoVid poked at that trope in commentary in One Big Angry Family . . . and same for vore in Devotion)

The survivor trio (quartet? Not calling them the former survivor trio till I see bloody or charred bodies :I) of Bradshaw, Carl, and the Agent: Carl was the character that kept me reading through the first half, but the other characters completely won me over in the Truck scene. The whole 'okay do whatever we don't give a damn anymore.' was just hilarious (seat belt safety saves lives). Hope they made it through, looks bad but after Carmen popped up again I ain't counting anyone out.

Huh . . . I could have sworn they made it out too (I mean beyond the "passing out on smoke-laiden roof" scene), but I guess that I mixed that up with Jazz's revival. (that last paragraph of the most recent chapter does make it pretty obvious that she assumed the worst about those guys . . . not that she necessarily actually searched the wreckage)

Kia (RIP or pieces whatever): Actually didn't has as much of problem with her some people did, probably because up until Ire popped up in the story, her victims were pretty much Darwin award candidates. Now after Ire showed up and the doggy went a little crazy, plus some revelations in her past...yeah doggy had to be put down.

Totally agree, and I rather liked her up to that point too . . . rather sociopathic (not to mention kind of socially inept and weak-willed), but less so than many others in this story, and reasonably sympathetic to me as a reader, at least in a complex sort of way.

Then again, with further exposition on just what a mess (politically and socially) the Antarian world is, Kia's less than admirable recent past still doesn't seem all that bad either. :p (even more so since the inter-dimensional Arc Cross appears to have been created under false pretenses -Kia and the public seem to have understood it as a device for controlling and reversing damage to their world created by unstable rifts/tears in space-time . . . yet the foxies here are quite obviously interested in using that tech to invade Earth)

With all that, she's still the kind of character I'd root for a transformation of . . . and, for a time, with Carl there, that almost seemed like it might happen.
I kept thinking the whole time of that early mess that they'd have been better off just calling in the government/millitary . . . and that became more and more attractive as things progressed (and I mean before Ire showed up). In hindsight, it's pretty obvious she'd have been better off (as would Carl, among others, had that happened, even under the worst case of military containment/study -going by the context established here otherwise). Then-again, if the vulpine elite tracked her that far, following them to a secret military installation probably wouldn't be too tough, especially given Kia's convenient amnesia and resulting inability to size-shift. (honestly, early on, I was banking on a major part of the plot being Kia captured by the US government and then them trying to track down Brackish -and her finally regaining her size-changing ability once they were reunited; which obviously didn't happen and things went in totally different directions -truly, this is one of the least "in tune" I've been with the author/story feel, so predictions have been damn unreliable and dissatisfying/frustrating . . . kind of intriguing too though -I get the feeling that Brackish/Foxelite's brain works a lot less like mine than yours, DTF's, or several others I identify with around here :p -actually, you could probably count Arilin in there too)

Brackish: A dog who's tactics were probably inspired by Insanity wolf (Keep low profile BY MURDERING THE FUCK OUT OF COPS!!) admittedly prior to him going to mexican prison I was happily hoping he would die. Then damn you, you actually made him somewhat likable! Helps we found out the Mexican army might have world conquering plans so that made them less sympathetic, but still his character development made him at least tolerable.

Yep, he went from vague and somewhat likable at the beginning, to a complete, antagonistic mess that goes beyond "love to hate" and then made back into a complex character that gains some sympathies too. It was both confusing and frustrating, and it got the point where I was starting to skim over the non-Kia chapters for a while . . . and then everything went to hell. :p

Marcus: Was sympathetic at first, then got big and kind of feel into a mess of rampage tropes (I want them to suffer in my belleh!), then met Jazz and wtf he's actually reverting to being likable again! Gah I even consider himself something of an honorary member of the the Trio...you know if they survived and all...

Seeing a theme here?

Though I've got to admit that part of Markus's rampage scenes fell pretty deep into the "guilty pleasures" category for me . . . it's really the detailed PoV vore sequences that got me there. (horrific or not, that really ties into some of the oldest and deepest parts of my fantasies, both in terms of the earliest fetish fics I found online -all vore stuff, and in terms of my fantasies as a kid . . . I mean the ones that go back as far as I can remmber -ie since I was 2, at least)
Like I rambled on about here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18454

Aside from Ghost (who for the most part, while ruthless is just exceedingly good at his job) and maybe Talla, I can basically write axe crazy and be done with it. Granted the explanation of their motives in the recent chapter make more sense, but phew there's so much betrayal and random violence that I figure even if they succeed they'll wind up killing each other within a month or so. :lol:

And they (most of them, anyway) make Kia and Brackish seem pretty decent by comparison. (more so Kia, but maybe that's just my preference talking . . . or the early bond I formed with that character before things got messy--er)

Hell, several of them even make Penny not seem so bad. :p (albeit maybe it's more to do with Penny not being a completely arrogant idiot, even if a murderous psychopath -Isis is a good deal less likable IMO)
kool kitty89
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby foxelite » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Holy... shit. I wasn't even aware people were commenting on this. Uuh, damn, I kind of wish I had been a part of this.

@Kusangi:

Gah completely catch up and it hasn't been updated since May! I'm starting to know how my own readers feel

I had this talk with Radda, and that is why I finally decided I need to be more consistent and put out a damn chapter. Six months is entirely unacceptable, and shall not happen again... okay it's bound to happen again, but for a reason other than me being lazy.

phew well that was a ride, admittedly from beginning to end it's felt like two separate stories, both entertaining of course, but there's of course the beginning with Kia/Brackish which seemed more like a rampage story with a brain, then with the Introduction of Ire and Jazz it shifted into something so much more.

Well, originally this story was supposed to be a short hardvore fix... oh how it got this out of hand is beyond me. Of course, right there in the beginning it seems kind of obvious, however Marcus and Carl is actually the main reason why things got blown out of proportion. After that, Ire and Ghost were added, and low-and-behold I had to make it all make sense in my head. And now, we have like 500 pages, and a likely 1 to 300 pages more for me to get it where I want it to go.

Jazz: Love her, badass with some real depth to her. Considering all the blood thirsty monsters in this story the fact that she's reluctant to kill even those actively trying to kill her makes her refreshing.

Jazz has grown on me admittedly. I liked her to begin with, but I wasn't too keen on keeping her around permanently. Now however, she's extremely fun to write with, especially fight scenes. With Brackish I can just have them kill whatever they're fighting, but with her it lets me get creative (that mech for instance).

I went back and reread the part with the humm-vee, just because you brought it up. I had completely forgotten how that went down, and honestly it had me rofl. Carl especially is one of my favorite characters EVER, and to this day when I read his parts I at least smirk. As for counting people out... well, don't ever count anyone out with me... unless they were completely vaporized. Also, that scene did remind me why I wear seatbelts =)

Carmen: She was a bitch at first, but her near death experience made her a bit more likable, wonder what happened to her.

Meh, I can go either way on Carmen personally. I'm not even sure what I was thinking when I brought her back... but it has been awhile. Of course, giving Brackish a reason to possibly stay made her 'revival' a bit more worth it.

General Tajo: he's the bad guy, kinda, but I respect a man that is clearly cool and competent. Also managing to be incredibly civil even when the entire world has gone insane.

I just respect any man who wears shades inside.

Hmm, Kia really was just thinning the herd. As much as I do so love most all kinds of people, even I started running out of feelings for the ones that cornered her in the barn. Of course, I did love writing their dialogue. As for Kia 'having to be put down'... I dunno. She was still likable, and when I went back and read over some of her scenes I even debated giving her the same treatment as Marcus/Carmen.

Oh ho... Brackish wasn't completely Brackish for almost the entire first 1/3rd of this story. His entire deal consisted of him gradually going crazy whilst everyone around him suffered for it. As time went on, he kind of got to show off that he was a bit more of a cuddly puppy-type. I mean, he even tried to save Carmen, so it's obvious he's not 'bad' in the normal sense. As I've gotten from Radda several times, apparantelly I'm really good at making my readers have to choose whether or not a character is 'bad' or 'good'. I'm not a fan of making it unrealistic and obvious.

The Foxes (Bloodthirsty Monsters with brush tails)

Aside from Ghost (who for the most part, while ruthless is just exceedingly good at his job) and maybe Talla, I can basically write axe crazy and be done with it. Granted the explanation of their motives in the recent chapter make more sense, but phew there's so much betrayal and random violence that I figure even if they succeed they'll wind up killing each other within a month or so.

Hmm, I would have included Stalker on not being completely crazy. He's just confused, and happened to more or less level a town in a fit of despair and rage. Tilla is a character that I want to flesh out more, and you will likely see far more of her, as she is the ultimate incarnation of foxes physically, (small, fast, but will definitely fight if backed into a corner).
Isis... only one side of my liked Isis, and that's the side that isn't about reading stories with any depth. She was annoying, but she also allowed me to have a bonafide 'EVIIL' character, as well as allowed me to actually have an antagonist prior to her mother. In all honesty, Isis may as well be considered the mini-boss in this story, as she was there primarily to be a force to be reckoned with, but in no way the one that seemed entirely invincible.

Ghost... I love Ghost <3 Him and Ire grew on me, and I won't lie, I enjoyed their scenes together because of how much of a 180 both of their personalities take. Granted, away from one another, Ire is pretty much insane, but I would put her above Isis on actually being likable; at least Ire isn't completely full of herself, nor is she annoying about how she goes about what she's doing. Ghost... well fuck, Ghost is just really cool to write for. I just think Spanish ninja and boom... the words and actions flow so easily.

As for the foxes killing eachother... well... yeah more than likely.

@kool kitty
Forgot about this earlier . . . but if the foxes were trying to get to earth to colonize it, what does that mean for the whole "repairing tears in space-time" or whatever thing that the dimensional arc-cross was supposedly designed for?

Is that all something fabricated (or caused) by the vulpines intentionally, and covered up or masked as something else.

And if so, does that mean that Kia, as self-serving and selfish as she was (not to mention insecure and a morally confused -not just sociopathic, but seemingly conflicted and unsure of things), had accidently put a damper on those secret plans by killing the vulpine enginnering team and stealking their research/hardware?

And that whole rant Ghost went on about was BS . . . or not so much from Kia's PoV as she seemed to believe that, but rather perpetuating the general lies of the entire premise of that research.

This is something that wasn't exactly explained in the beginning, as Miscommunication was originally supposed to be short sweet and to the point. So for clarification, the entire space/time rift scenario isn't necessarily one group's fault. In the chapter below, there's even some mention of one of the possible causes for why the stream is so erratic along their dimensional plane. I'll likely hint at the subject more. As for the dimensional Arc Cross's creation, it was created to 'control' the rifts. Whether that control was for good, bad, or questionable purposes was simply up to whoever possessed it. The VE's simply knew the random rifts were an issue, and so they set out to find a way to not be at the mercy of natural phenomena.

Kia killed that team after they'd already successfully created the bow, so honestly the foxes didn't lose much in the ways of research.... but they did lose people they cared about. as well as having to create another bow.

Were some of those hints back here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1599

Where the whole "broken 4 genetic barriers" and genertic alterations things came in?

Negatory, the earlier hints were all about the fact that I mention Antarions can't cry... but Jazz tears up a few times (I think). I have to actually go back and read just what hints I did drop.
I must say, thanks for the comments, especially those that ask questions. I do so love some engaging conversation, as it makes the reading/writing experience far richer when you know how others are thinking of the characters and their motivations

Next post shall be a continuation... FINALLY.
Yeaaa.. Collie too lazy to update his name.. so yea.. BRACKISH LIVES.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/xbrackishx/
foxelite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby foxelite » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Miscommunication Pt. 36

If it wasn't old enough before, it was so far beyond ancient and frustrating that Brackish more-or-less coerced himself into accepting reality for what it was. Of course that isn't to say he wouldn't rather wake up for once in familiar surroundings with no headaches, broken bones, gashes, or other unwelcome additions (or even subtractions) to his body. Unfortunately, life never worked out much like he wanted it to, and once more the Border collie found himself flat upon his side, dabbled with blood and having most movements rewarded with no more than pain.

Forced to be stationary, the Collie prematurely admitted defeat and took in the strange environment from his pitiful position. Most easily noted was what the dog found himself laying upon: a sand colored mat with just enough give to make it seem comfortable. The mat seemed to be atop a taller object, likely a table, and was at least twice as long as the canine sat in its middle At most half as wide as its length, the uncovered portions of the mat were bathed in the mild sky-blue glow of several monitors in an otherwise dimly lit atmosphere.

Dim may have been an understatement, for what portions were not struck by the artificial blue were almost entirely shrouded in darkness. From what the collie could see, only three monitors sat several feet to the side of the mat. All sat housed in one large gray unit, about 5ft tall and long enough to horizontally support all three 15 inch displays. All of the displays showed information written clearly in another language consisting of dashes, strokes and lines that appeared idiotic and random to any human eye. To Brackish however, he had but one thing to 'say' as his ever widening eyes scanned over the alien information, “>WHAT OPERATION?<”

Now oddly enough, he hadn't expected to actually receive an answer, especially not a high-pitched yip from behind him, “The one where I saved your life, coyote.”. Normally that would have warranted the dog whipping around and snapping to attention. Unfortunately he had to settle for little more than a surprised *arf* and perked ears.

“You're lucky” the high pitched, yet oddly low volume, yip of his accredited savior began, “my vixen was just going to kill you, but I convinced her you'd make a nice practice subject.”. “Practice for what?” the Collie barked back immediately. The voice behind him gave but a brief pause before answering in laymen's terms, “Cybernetics... Machine stuff.”

The mere mention of the word was enough to sweep the collie's ears back as he let off an agonizing howl, “You're trying to say you turned me into a robot?!”. A squeak of “yep” was the instantaneous response from his unseen doctor. Brackish wasn't too particularly satisfied with such a simple answer however; the dog growled softly for details, “So just -what- did you do?”.

A vocal response was placed on hold as the Border collie felt the fur on his back rustle and suddenly grow colder. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know that something warm had been removed from the dog's back, and whatever that something was dropped to the ground with an almost inaudible thud. It then proceeded to skirt beneath the table and halted just before the unit that housed the monitors. Now showered in artificial light, the creature's features became visible in a partially lit silhouette.

“Right,” Brackish erfed, “that whole 'my vixen' bit; of course you're a fox.”. He was not met with eye-contact, only a vocal response form the mostly shrouded vulpine, “Is there a problem with foxes?”. The Coy-dog was slow but sure in his barking retort, “As a matter of fact: holding me hostage, randomly shanking coyotes, hating every other species because they actually have the ability to coexist with others, and let's not forget the whole kidnapping thing you all love to do for the sake of getting resources out of others.”

The fox reared up upon their hind legs, planting their forepaws upon the unit itself as they analyzed the data emitted from the monitors. It seemed as though they were simply ignoring the collie for the moment. Eyes... not really focusing on anything in particular, the vulpine growled back with open jaws and perked ears to show a lack of any true aggression: “That would hurt if it was actually true.”. The canine took no time in shooting back a quick “It is true.”. Again, a lengthy pause preceded the fox's response, “Keep yapping and you'll wake up with next time with a self-destruct module in your chest.” - “Zing”, the collie barked, “I bet you get every male on your back with an attitude like that.”

The fox's head snapped towards the collie, nearly solid indigo orbs being their vulpine excuse for eyes. Almost completely lacking pupils, the two windows to the vixen's soul quickly became the border collie's topic of interest, “Good lord, love... You got robot eyes or what?”. The female gazed at the dog, though never quite made eye-contact. Ears lowering upon her head, the vixen whimpered out an offended “No! I'm blind, you insensitive idiot!”. To that, Brackish stopped, stared, squinted and finally howled out in a horrifying realization “Holy hell, a blind bitch doing surgery on me?!”

“Hey!” the vixen whined, “I'm not a female dog; I'll never be that stupid.” She filed off into a low growl, “Besides, I'm a damn fine mechanic.”. More than prepared to argue with one of vulpine origins, Brackish returned the vixen's growling in full, “How exactly does you being a good mechanic make me feel any better about the whole >surgery< thing!?”. Obviously just as game as the injured coy-dog, the vixen propped her forepaws upon the table and let off into the ungrateful mutt, “Because I'm also a medic, nurse, surgeon, computer and technology expert that also happens to know how to stop a mangy mutt's heart in two seconds flat!”

“Whoa...” Brackish trailed off in a surprised erf. “Let's not do anything rash now” the collie growled behind closed jaws. In response the fox snorted and dropped herself completely back upon the ground with a light click of the claws upon her forepaws. Padding back towards the array of monitors, she sat before them, basking in their glow before sitting back upon her haunches. She bowed her head, almost as if in despair, though as she finally gave the collie something audible to comprehend, it was clear she cared not of his feelings, nor had he afflicted her own. “Don't push me, coyote” she growled ever so lowly, though her ears remained high, never pinning back to show a hint of true anger; “I'm sure it's obvious that I'm not in the business of dealing out death with my own paws much, but that's not to say I've never done so.”

The fox's 'words' gradually permeated the collie's galling demeanor, forcing it to settle down and bring the dog with it. “Fine,” he barked softly, fading into his own neutral growl, “I'll stop, but I could still use some details.”. With that, the vixen glanced back over her shoulder, yipping out a reluctant, “What details?”. The border collie snorted, figuring that what he wanted to know should have been obvious. He forced back the urge to snap at the female however, and instead he merely inquired with another low bark, “What did you do to me?”

“Oh” the vixen erfed, then turned back towards the monitors, though her nose remained pointed to the dark-enshrouded floor. “Would you settle for 'a lot' as an answer?” she whimpered, though received a notably irritated snarl of “No” from the collie. It forced the female to sigh as her head sank lower. With a quick yip of “Fine” she took to growling lowly for the long haul: “Your right forepaw was virtually splintered beyond repair; I kept as much natural material as I could, and honestly it was a lot. At least, I can say that for the meat; it was mutilated, but salvageable. Your bones were splintered all over the place, so I opted to get rid of them.”

The border collie growled in pain as he forced himself to move his right forepaw, feeling no more than excruciating irritation from the simple action. He was however, able to extend his limb, bringing it into view, though the poor lighting in the room made it difficult to actually make anything out. Of course, what the dim lighting did allow him to see simply turned the collie's head away. He'd seen himself utterly torn to pieces far too often lately. Seeing the incisions, missing patches of fur, and coagulated blood cached upon his arm was more than he was currently willing to stand.

“Don't move too much” the vixen commanded lowly, though as she continued Brackish became far more accepting of that command. “That's only the beginning” she growled softly, “Next was your spine.” The collie could see the female's head actively begin to shake back and forth as she went on, “Your spine... was something else. I'm not quite sure how you survived this long considering how many pieces of it were broken and missing.”. The border collie was forced to just close his eyes and relax as he dreaded hearing the inevitable truth that he was more machine than dog.

From her spot on the floor, the vixen once more glanced over her shoulder to inform the canine: “I was originally going to salvage what vertebrae I could, but it rapidly became tedious, frustrating, and most of all, not worth it. The interface between artificial and natural vertebrae would have been doable, but not as efficient as simply one or the other. You also may have died on the operating table if I were to royally screw up connecting an artificial set of nerve-endings to a natural one... or you'd have been having to think to move your arms in order to move your legs.”. Not even the mild injection of humor was capable of perking the canine's ears; he simply held his eyes shut and awaited the female's continuation.

“All joking aside” the vixen continued, “you're entire spinal column is now artificial. It was far easier to reconnect the other nerve endings, keeping them mostly natural, after I could let your brain take over keeping your vitals from being just dead meat. Unfortunately, that's not the only fully artificial portion in your body now. I was forced to inject what small portion of your ribcage was still intact with a solution to strengthen the bone. It also will eventually kill off any living tissue and completely replace the bone itself with a metal alloy. That alloy is the same one I used to reconstruct the rest of your ribcage, and your foreleg.”

The border collie had long since begun to whine as the vixen rambled about the surgery in further detail than he'd anticipated. Only after she'd finished explaining about his ribcage did he find the nerve to bark at her, “So when will I be up walking, shifting and all shit again, love?”. To that, the female paused, stood back to all fours and turned to face the collie in full. She remained silent however, prompting Brackish to bark once more, “Well? How long are we looking till my cyborg tail can walk?”

The unnamed jack-of-all-trades whimpered as she padded back to the table hiking herself up on her hind legs and placing her forepaws upon the table surface before the collie. Making something close to eye-contact, she continued her whimper, yet altered it into something truly coherent, “Dog, do you like being on four legs?”. Brackish paused, having the worst of sinking feelings overtake him as the fox inquired, the question itself forcing his ears to splay in spiraling depression. Before he could answer however, he was forced to hear the reasoning behind the female's inquiry. Through a low volume, yet high-pitched whine the vixen spilled what even she did not want to hear, “Coyote... dog... whatever you are. I'm only asking if you like your feral self more because... well because this is you from now on.” She paused, watching the collie painfully turn his nose away from her, though she forced herself to go on for her own sake, “I know I don't like you or your kind, but still, I'm not heartless. It's even a pain for me to tell you that you'll never walk on two legs again, nor will you ever size-shift. When I say this is -you- from now on... I mean it.”

The injured border collie found himself wishing to be unconscious once more. His eyes jammed shut, body shivering in an atmosphere that radiated with warmth. “That's cold” he whimpered, though never opened his eyes to truly address the vixen. Through but a low whine, the collie found his curiosity speaking for itself, whilst the rest of his body begged him to be silent and wallow in a disheartened slump; “So, I guess I'll still be able to walk on all fours at least, right?”. The fox growled out a rapid confirmation to the inquiry. The affirmation was enough to force just a sliver of purpose back into the collie's beating heart. “Well, that's something to look forward to” he whimpered, though went on, “And I can't say I've ever put any of those things I've lost to good use anyway.”

As much as any vulpine would want to, including herself, the vixen refrained from shoving the dog's comment back in his two-tone face. She merely allowed him to continue, listening intently with perked, furry triangles upon her head. “Ever since I got here, I've caused nothing but trouble” he whined out faintly; “All I ended up doing with my size-shifting was slaughtering a bunch of beings that weren't ready to fight anything like me. Then me turning back into my two-legged self just let me mouth off and help further ruin other people's lives.”. Surprisingly, the vixen's head tilted before she yipped a quiet, “Like who?”

Brackish flicked his tail, receiving only a minor stint of pain from doing so. Had he not been more-or-less glued to the table, the canine may have actually told the fox off. Unfortunately, he wasn't going to be going anywhere any time soon; that thought alone drove him to snort and answer his tech-savvy savior: “A human... a female actually. If I had never revealed my bipedal self, those people likely would have just let her go on the grounds of being crazy.”.

“So,” the bushy tailed vulpine creature further asked, obviously not satisfied with the collie's ambiguity, “what happened to her?”. Brackish once more debated whether the fox deserved details, though his position forced his whining hand; “Aren't you a curious one? Well, because this little puppy decided to talk, they ended up locking her up in a cell with me. As if that wasn't bad enough, the damn female started growing on me. I even made the dumb mistake of promising her that I'd get her out of all of this nonsense.”

Twenty-questions, the vixen edition, only continued as the lone female in the room leaned her nose in to nuzzle at the disgruntled mutt. Through a soft whine of her own, she allowed her inquiries to simply flow like an untamed river; “And now you're here? Where is she?”. What used to be a whine from Brackish, gradually transformed into a close-mouthed growl. Whether he wanted to answer her or not, he found himself doing so out of sheer lack of alternatives: “I don't fucking know, fox!”. The Collie snorted, though trudged on, “I just don't know! I went back to save her, and I thought everything was going completely fine. Then everything went black. Now I'm here! Anything else, you bushy-tailed bag of questions?”

The vixen could tell that her presence was no longer healthy for what she'd dubbed 'her patient'. With that in mind, her forepaws disengaged from the table's edge, and she began to pad towards a shadowy corner of the room, presumably towards an exit. As her claws clicked against what sounded like tile flooring, she offered the collie a reply in parting, “No more questions for now, but I -will- be back to check on my fluffy little project.”. To that, Brackish could do no more than growl.

Unfortunately, the end of his conversation with the sightless vixen had brought the thought of his failures back to to the forefront of his mind. Not once had he laid eyes on Kia since he arrived. He'd already watched Marcus die, and even if he had been told of the shepherd's survival, the collie had yet to see them with his own eyes. On top of Marcus and Kia now sat Carmen, for he had so foolishly promised her freedom. Of course, he had no true inclination of just what happened to her, yet after receiving only bad news since he'd awoken, the border collie had lost all but every sense of hope in anything. That being so, his eyes remained closed yet the gift of sleep was never quite attained.

----

“I can't believe I'm really this relaxed about all of this.” The calm words of the ever-disgruntled Jazz emptied into the desert air. The only known soul in close proximity, and capable of understanding her, walked just to her left. All tails down and swaying with their own agendas, Isis' mother had all but proven her lack of ill-will. Further proving it, the kitsune swiveled her ears towards the larger female before giving a clearly interested reply, “Is that so? What makes you feel so awkward about being calm?”

Jazz's gait never faltered as she was questioned, though the 'tsune and she were admittedly trudging through the open desert at a pace just barely classifiable as leisurely; it could easily be mistaken for something closer to a virtually non-existent trudge. Had it not been for the both of them standing several dozen feet tall, and the array of gradually disappearing foot-pawprints left in their wake, it may have been questionable as to whether they had any intention of ever actually making progress towards their goal. Both walked with arms crossed about their chests and gazes that favored the sands beneath the horizon. Jazz in particular found her nose turned almost perpendicular to the shifting earth at her feet.

The Hunter forced herself to briefly glance to the horizon itself as she responded lowly after a lengthy pause, “I don't know. I think it may just be my own prejudice towards your kind.”. The kitsune snickered, her own focus never changed from the most distant of sands. “So,” she began with a halfhearted smile creeping from between her lips, “it's exactly why I thought it was. It's because I'm a fox.”. Jazz returned her gaze to the ground just before her once more; doing the impossible, she responded in an even lower tone of voice than her previous
, “Exactly, I guess.” The Hunter shrugged before craning her head just enough to view the vixen's own feet, both now having a thick layer of tan dust staining the otherwise pristine white coat. “I mean, you are kind of a fox, but not entirely... right?”

The Hunter's acceptable ignorance brought a very minor giggle to the kitsune, and she was more than happy to rotate her stare to the Hunter entirely. As she began to respond in an almost motherly tone, the multi-tailed creature finally forced Jazz to free her eyes from bondage upon the ground. “Yes, Hunter, kitsune's are foxes, and we are happy to be called such.” Now able to make full eye-contact with the mottle-coated 'dog', the kitsune did so with glee; “Most of us do not like to be called differently in most circumstances. We simply assume that most can see the multiple tails, and that should be that. I have no superiority complex; I'm just as capable of making mistakes as any other vulpine.” A soft smile ended her speech, yet it received no similar response from the larger female.

“So then,” Jazz began with a small, much needed boost to her volume, “You don't think anyone else regards you so highly as to place you on a pedestal? Not to say you may not actually belong there.”. Raising her shoulders, the shorter female replied without the first hint of having taken offense, “Well I'm sure that many do revere me, and I've been placed on a pedestal, as you call it, several times in my life. I generally do attempt to denounce such actions however. If you are wondering if I came into this position through such an event, I will have you know that the answer is 'no'.”. A swift, “Thank you” was Jazz's reply, having had her next question answered before it ever came to verbal fruition.

Several moments passed before either creature acknowledged the other again. Their eyes had once more returned to the horizon and the ground respectively. Unfortunately, the silence simply could not last, for the kitsune found her own curiosity piqued once more. “Hunter?” the multi-tailed female began curiously, not furthering her inquiry until she'd received an acknowledging erf from the larger canid, “You're obviously depressed. Is it still about those you've lost?”. Jazz nodded slowly, though the forward-facing 'tsune only registered it out of her peripheral vision.

“You needn't concern yourself with their lives, Hunter” the kitsune reassured her through a tone most soothing. Jazz did not lash out at the statement, nor did she bother to shoot a sharpened glare at the creature that barely made it to the lower half of her breast.. No, instead the larger female sighed heavily before almost taking the part of the vixen's obedient daughter, “I know, kitsune. It's just that I made the mistake of getting... caught up.”. The white-furred 'tsune raised an eyebrow before showing clear need for clarification, “Caught up?”. The Hunter was quick to retort, yet emotions hidden deep within began to cause her to stutter, “Y-yeah. You know... like-- like--.” Jazz sighed far heavier than before, even bringing her shoulders down for emphasis. “It's like-- I don't know. I guess I just got caught up with... them. Right--.” Once more the larger female exhaled in frustration, her ears splaying as she struggled with the truly unwavering need to elaborate; “I- I tried not to make any friends, but they made it difficult. The damn dog I saved... I should have left him to die.”

The 'tsune nodded slowly throughout the Hunter's struggle to explain, yet the moment the vixen parted her jaws to speak, she was cut off by Jazz's sudden continuation. “Then the damn human that was following me!” she whined, her sudden spike in pitch nearly deafening the flinching kitsune. “Why did I start joking? I would have never had the first feeling of friendship if I'd kept to questions and silence.” The larger canid's head began to shake back and forth wildly, eyes slammed shut as she began to spiral into another maelstrom of lugubrious thoughts that bubbled unexpectedly to the surface of her conscious mind. “I'm not supposed to make friends, but all of them. Even the guy in the bed! I tried so hard to be dead serious, yet I got relaxed when he talked. I let his humor get to me! I let-- I let—” As she began to all but hyperventilate, Jazz felt a hand placed upon her shoulder. The simple action caused her to at least cease delving deeper into the vortex, not to mention stopped all of her forward motion. Nose snapping towards the kitsune, the Hunter found herself making eye-contact.

In as caring a tone as she could muster, Isis' mother called desperately, “Calm down... please.”. Jazz held her jaw slack, unable to form a response. That was the vixen's cue to go on, “Please, just calm down. You obviously need to rest properly and sort your thoughts.” As she spoke, the 'tsune padded in front of the Hunter, turning about to face her. The position forced her to have to look up to the larger female, but it also allowed her to place her hands upon each of the disheveled 'dog's shoulders. “Look,” the vixen continued, almost forcing the rather intimidating girl to look her in the eyes, “We'll be at our base in just a moment; I'll set aside a small den for you and make sure you aren't disturbed.”

Jazz gulped back an emotion filled lump in her throat. Her voice cracking through the dryness that lay behind her tongue, the Hunter inquired with the voice of a mere child, “What about Brackish?”. The vixen was well prepared with her retort, “The collie? We're taking care of him; he'll be good to go within the day, I'm sure.”. The whimpering canid nodded as she raised a forearm to wipe over her rapidly flooding eyes. As she did so, she weakly questioned her white-furred acquaintance once more, “And then-- then can we go?”. The multi-tailed creature calming the behemoth could do no more than nod quickly.

“Good” the Hunter quipped, though she found herself divulging just a bit more, “This place is no good for my health.”

----

“The hunter's clearly insane.” The voice of Isis's mother softly stated in what seemed to be narrow, unlit hallway. Of course, she was a fox, and the night-vision she possessed was more than adequate for allowing her to interpret her own surroundings. The likes of what was around her truly consisted of tunnels dug into the sandy earth. The shifting substance was supported by rectangular metal braces every half-dozen feet or so, though only the vertical sides and top of the braces were visible; the bottom portion was intentionally buried within the sand to avoid any unnecessary stubbing of toes.

The hallway she currently stood in was but eight or so feet wide and six feet in height, though the narrow architecture was to be expected from creatures that stood only four-to-five feet on average. It proved to be more than enough space for the needs of vulpine operations, and that point was driven home as the kitsune turned to pad down the hall. “It's all clear; you can unveil now” she stated plainly to what seemed like the stale sandy air around her. Of course, only moments after her announcement, two fully armed, bipedal Vulpine Elites broke their stealth. First suddenly appearing as two black figures, one in front, and one to the back of their leader, the previously invisible duo soon forced the black veil about them to dissipate, revealing their identities. The male to her front was but another Red fox, whilst the female behind her stood less than four feet as a kit fox.

“I'm glad I didn't need you, or your larger variants” the kitsune said with a halfhearted snicker, “I was almost certain that I was going to have to call the order to kill that thing when I first contacted her.”. The vixen behind her yipped in response, fading into a low, passive growl “We were told by the others that it would definitely turn into an assassination; “I'm glad to see you have not lost your ability to persuade, Aeris.”. Glancing behind themselves, Isis' mother flashed the smaller vixen an amused grin before offering a prideful reply, “I do not fear losing my abilities, Koya; just as sure as I will never forget to sword-dance, I will never lose my ability to manipulate weaker species to my will.” With that, Aeris turned forward padding in silence with her duet of guards. Not until she reached a fork in the tunnels did she speak once more.

“Both of you” the kitsune began as she held up an open palm, “You are dismissed; thank you... it's good to know I can still at least trust some of my subordinates.” With that, the two vulpine guards took to the left side of the fork in silence, whilst Aeris herself padded off to the right. Just a few seconds of walking down the heavily compressed sands led her to an even narrower passage. This path was a clear, 60 degree decline, though the padded, plantigrade paws of the kitsune had no trouble traversing the slope.

Only two dozen feet later, and the sloped hall emptied out into a rather large chamber. At least, it was large in comparison to the halls themselves. In reality the room was only about 20ft deep, and fifteen wide at best. That space was cut down further by the wall-sized units upon each wall but the one which held the entry point. Each unit consisted of an array of small monitors and gauges, though none seemed to be manned. Upon the very back wall sat a massive wide-screen monitor, recessed into the sand itself, and currently black as the heavily polluted night sky. Stretching just a few feet away from what would be corner-to-corner, the screen stood a staggering 12ft in height. That fact spoke worlds when one factored in the height of the room's ceiling was only 15ft.

Ignoring the vast majority of technology in the room, Aeris merely stepped to the right as she entered. Pressing her back to the sandy face behind her, the kitsune's body more-or-less collapsed on to its rear. As she made it into a lazy seated position the vulpine female sighed heavily. Her head craned up and back until her scalp touched the wall behind her, ears flattening as she did so. “Please” she began to whine and whimper to nobody in sight, “just let this one time be a normal check-in.” An untranslatable howl of utter dismay escaped her throat, echoing throughout the room as she made not the first attempt to control the incessant noise with her parted jaws.

After a full ten seconds, and possibly more, the vixen calmed herself. At least... she quieted herself and slumped her shoulders. It took her another ten seconds to force her head off of the wall, though it merely fell uncontrollably. Her chin planted in to her chest as her entire body seemed to just give up. Legs splaying out, arms falling limp to her sides, the kitsune looked to be quite the mess. Her nose pointed to the ground, giving her sight of nothing but her own covered crotch.

Each of of her five tails took their own separate approaches in curling about the distraught female, eventually enveloping her torso in a fluffy cocoon of sorts. As they waved gently up and down her front, the furry appendages did their best to comfort her, and eventually the tail-hug proved effective.

“Alright,” Aeris began with a sigh and another depressed whimper of dread, “Let's get this over with.” A second after convincing herself that she would pull through, the 'tsune took to growling several commands, “Outpost, run 'check-in' procedure: All-of-mine.” On cue, the lit monitors lining the sides of the room all fell dark, enshrouding the room in instantaneous darkness, even for the vulpine being. That very same darkness was broken however, by the massive screen at the opposing end of the room. Of course, even it could only do so much in the way of lighting.

Running precisely what its owner had commanded, the projection before the kitsune consisted of four wide rectangles. Each stood tall enough to stand almost half the height of the screen itself, and just about long enough to also take up half of its length. The four gray colored cells each had just enough black space between them to avoid needing a border. However, each sported a simple, colored border for the sake of aesthetics.

On the leftmost corner of each block was an identification picture of who it represented, along with their name written in strokes and symbols that would not make the first bit of sense to a human eye. Directly to the right of the image was a black square, roughly the same size as the ID. Within it were several symbols in three columns, and four rows. Most of the symbols were green in the individual squares, whilst a select few were red or yellow. Each represented a particular piece, or group of equipment, and the colors displayed the condition of said equipment. The identification and equipment list only took up enough space to fill a third of the cell's areas, yet the rest of it was used by just two more informative objects.

Two horizontal black rectangles sat just inches from being one atop the other. Their lengths brought them just before the border of the cells themselves, and neither came too close to grazing the top of the cell. Whether for aesthetics, or for some unknown standardization, both rectangular objects had rounded edges.

The upper rectangle held a very common sight, even to humans. It was but a bright green line, accented by the sharp rises and falls along its length. A heart monitor if there ever was one, it held all of the qualities a human would expect, though the digital display was ominously silent. It needn't beep however, considering it more than excelled at its purpose of remote monitoring.

Finally, below the heart monitor was yet another bar, yet it seemed completely blank.

Aeris glanced up from between her legs as she set about her business. She made no motion to stand, let alone perk up beyond looking forward, but she needn't bother. The only inputs she needed to give could be done vocally, and the remote interface itself was strictly audio in nature.

“Alright,” the 'tsune both yipped and sighed, “let's get this over with.” Her right ear flicked down quickly before snapping back into position. “Sesha” the vixen growled, though it held no ill intent. As she awaited a response, she glanced over the information block for the vixen she called first: a small arctic vixen, they seemed they seemed to be completely fine across the board. Their heart-rate was normal, and all of their equipment checked out green. The information was only further confirmed as the kitsune received a response in the virtually invisible communication piece attached to her ear.

-“Yes, my vixen?” a soft voice yipped curiously.

-”Everything seems fine; I was just checking in.” Aeris growled lowly.

-”Thank you. Everything is going well.”

Aeris debated cutting the link before going any further, yet she knew that there were important matters to discuss with several individuals. With that in mind, the kitsune cleared her throat before gently growling back at the vixen on the other end.

-”How is reconnaissance going?”

-”It goes. As much as I don't want to snitch on my mate, we may have had a run-in with a few human hikers.”

-”Oh really?” Aeris erfed curiously with a flick of her free ear, “Am I to assume the both of your IV's were unnecessary for quite some time?”

-”Well, his was.” the vixen whimpered, petering off into a weak whine as she went on, “But I wasn't quite sure if it was a good idea or not. We're still in enemy territory, and we don't want to alert them too much more, correct?”

-”Incorrect,” Isis' mother yipped, “We have our lightning force completed, and we will invade as the sun sets in but a few hours. You are located in territories behind what I plan on conquering first.”

The kitsune shrugged as a lewd grin parted her lips, revealing her fangs in the pitiful light. Even if the vixen on the other end could not see her leader's expression, she knew Aeris well enough to all but outright 'feel' it over the communication channel. Of course, after a brief pause, the kitsune completed her thought aloud. “As such” she growled playfully, “So long as you attack in such a way that forces evacuation towards us, I do not mind your group breaking stealth. In fact, I encourage it. Please, do cause a panic.”. In response, she received a brief stint of silence, obviously from contemplation, followed by a yip of affirmation from the arctic vixen, “Yes, my vixen. I will relay the message to the others.”

Without a proper goodbye, Aeris flicked her ear once more to break the communication link. Still allowing her visage to be dominated by a feral grin, she held out her gloved hand and lazily 'waved' the projection to the right. As she did so, the four cells slid off to the right of the screen, only to be replaced by four more. Most notably, she herself was a part of this group, though she made no motion to try calling herself... that humorous ship had sailed a long time ago. Instead, she glanced to the heavily marked face of a male red fox in the upper right cell. With a flick of her ear, she opened a communication line with him.

“Kage!” the female suddenly yipped at the top of her lungs. In almost immediate response, she received a terrified session of yapping, “What!? What!? Oh, hey, kit”. The vixen merrily replied with more yipping, “I was just calling to check in on my lovely lil' reynard. Is everything alright?”. A low growl met her ear as the male retorted, “Well... for the most part yes. But, 'tsune, everything is not completely right. Your assault force is ready, but I'm afraid we did fail at one objective you gave us.”

Aeris gradually calmed herself, relaxing back against the wall once more before inquiring with a quick erf, “What objective was what?”. Kage responded with a stuttering growl that wreaked of fear and uncertainty, “Well, Aeris. Um... you remember the traitors you wanted us to make disappear?”. One of the kitsune's eyes twitched before both widened; she remained dead silent as she waited for her mate to finish telling her what she'd already inferred.

“Well,” the red fox continued in his quivering growl, “G-Ghost got away. He even managed to save Tajo.” The male suddenly yipped over the comm. “Hell, he even came back and got the female human we'd been holding hostage! Really, it was amazing; you should have seen it!”

“>KAGE<!” Aeris barked at the top of her lungs, nearly deafening the fox who was not truly there, “Do not make light of the situation; that damned fox is a threat to this entire operation. Would you believe he even had the gall to challenge me to a fair duel for leadership?!”. There was a lengthy silence before the red fox ever responded, presumably waiting for his ear to stop ringing with the voice of his mate. Reducing his stutter, the fox once more lowly growled to the mother of his own kits, “I understand, but about this duel; I was there when he called for it, and I have been meaning to ask why you refused?”. That question caused the kitsune to completely lock up for a moment.

“W-w-w” Aeris stuttered in a growl of her own, the 'tsune's tails unraveling as even her hands and fingers found themselves fumbling about for an answer. “Well,” she began with an arf, fading into a slightly offended growl, “We do not have time for such idiocy. While I am perfectly confident in both of our abilities to defeat such paltry opponents, I simply saw no reason to waste time dancing about in tradition.”. Kage was surprisingly quick to shoot back a playful yip, “Nice save, Aeris;” the fox fell into a playful growl of his own as he continued however, “of course, I and several others were standing beside you as you traded verbal blows with Ghost. Your response, and I quote, was that 'you will not fight his mate'. This leads me to believe that you possess a fear of the drixen within our ranks.”

Aeris clamped her teeth together, baring her fangs to something she could not physically see. Fingers clenching into the black pads of her palms, she held back the urge to explode upon her mate, and instead settled for a bass filled growl filled with rage, “Dammit, Kage! I am not afraid of Ire. I simply did not want to waste the time and energy on fighting one of our greatest assets. You know for a fact that my sword-dance would leave her in a thousand pieces no matter her tactic!”. Kage snickered over the comm-link before responding in an amused set of yips, “Yes, I understand kit. Your dance is a horrifying skill in battle, though you must admit, Ire is also a horrific combination of two things.”. Aeris snorted and barked angrily, “What two things, Kage?!”

-”For one, Ire is smart and swift due to her vulpine nature” Kage growled lowly.

-”Oh, how poetic and uplifting” Aeris growled in rage through open jaws.

-”Let me finish” the fox yipped, “Ire is also something far far worse. She's proven herself in battle with Scalarions, Aeris; being part dragon, the tenacity she brings with her wits make her a force to be reckoned with. And did I mention she's part dragon, on top of carrying enough weaponry to obliterate whatever stands in her pa--”.

A flick of her ear granted Aeris peace from her mate. Arms crossed about her chest, she sighed and sulked. The kitsune scrunched her snout, glancing up to the projection on the opposing end of the room. Her sapphire eyes befell the picture of a red fox vixen in the lower right; it was then that she once more jerked back her ear.

“Farsight?” the kitsune barked, attempting to force what her mate had been blabbering about back into the recesses of her thoughts. In her ear, a soft, almost child-like voice yipped “Hello, vixen”. Still in a soured mood, Aeris growled lowly, “Everything looks fine on you, Farsight; is the coyote okay.”. The small voice yipped back into the kitsune's ear, “Yes, vixen!”. The moment she'd gotten her answer, Aeris simply barked a hurried, “Good, bye” to her cheery medic.

Grumbling something that not even she could truly understand, the kitsune once more waved the four cells on. Aside from herself, Kage, and Farsight, the fourth cell in that block had been the female guard she'd dismissed some minutes ago. The male guard she'd waved off now occupied one of the new blocks that showed up, and she took note to ignore him. Unfortunately, what she could not ignore, were the two cells in the top left and right.

“Well” Aeris growled angrily to herself whilst all of her tails fell about her, “I guess he is still alive.” Shifting uncomfortably upon her rear, the 'tsune forced herself to glance at the vital signature beside the identification image of Ghost. Everything showed perfect and green, a clear indicator that the traitor amongst her ranks was fully functional. “Dammit!” she barked, her arms crossing about her in a hug that threatened to grind her ribcage to pulp. A glance to Ire's perfectly normal health signature elicited little more than a snort and a shiver.

For a moment, the kitsune simply flicked her gaze between the two mates. Her mind mulled over just how to contend with them, though primarily her thoughts focused on how to rid herself of the arctic fox. The prospect of calling him even dangled before her, yet she simply could not bring herself to do so. With the possibility of Ire being in her mate's vicinity, Aeris also waived the idea of calling the horned beast.

“It just couldn't be a normal check-in, could it?” she whimpered, once more tossing her head back against the wall, staring to the compacted sand overhead. The final block on her current list was a male fennec that she often used as a floater; she'd assigned him to Sesha's group already, which meant calling Sesha had covered that ground. That thankfully left the burdened kitsune with only one more group to look into. “At least these four are generally entertaining to call” she growled.

A sigh of relief precluded the kitsune's arms falling to her lap in defeat. She could relax finally, for she did often worry about her adolescent group. The fact that she had not heard from any of them in well over half a day had begun to concern her, but it was not uncommon for them to go silent. Maybe they didn't like her looming over them, or perhaps they thought it entertaining to let her talk to herself. Whatever their case usually was, they always chimed in after hours, or just showed back up at base randomly.

Lifting her gloved hand once more, she 'swept' the current four blocks from view and allowed the final four to appear. It was then that the kitsune fell completely silent, her jaws beginning to part in what her ever-widening eyes gave away as total shock and disbelief.

“No...” she yipped awkwardly through her open mouth. Fully convincing herself that this was a technological malfunction Aeris glanced to the top left block containing her daughter's information. Unfortunately, reading any of the data was a task hampered by the massive red, intersecting lines that formed an X over Isis' cell. Beside her's, was the cell of Ivan/Volt, the feisty male who'd had himself electrocuted nearly to death by Ghost. His cell was not covered by an X, yet all of the symbols indicating his equipment's status were red/ The male's vital signs were also dangerously low, as denoted by the box beneath his heart-rate glowing an ominous red color.

As she locked eyes with the picture of her daughter, Aeris flicked her ear. Before she could even mutter a desperate greeting, the kitsune's ear was assaulted with a brief set of three erroneous beeps before all felt silent once more. Immediately, she glanced to Volt's image, trying to make contact once more yet receiving no more than another series of beeps. All the while, her jaw maintained its slack appearance, though its lower half had begun to noticeably tremble.

For a moment, the kitsune's entire body fell limp, even going so far as to fall over onto her side upon the shifting floor with an audible thump. Jaws parted, gem-like eyes threatening to burst from their sockets, the multi-tailed mother found any train of thought she may have had completely derailed off of a bridge into an endless, shadowy abyss. In short, there would be no recovering it.

“Isis” she yipped softly from her open maw, “My kit...” A low growl began to emit from her throat, “B-but... how?”

Shifting her eyes back to the four blocks, she took note of Stalker and Tilla; both were in perfect condition. Perhaps that is what suddenly sparked the kitsune to rise in a hurry, completely standing upon both feet before she shot a narrow-eyed glare to the black fox's image. Ire almost instantly overtaking sorrow, she flicked her ear before barking out an ear-bleeding “STALKER?!”

Aeris received no answer, prompting yet another rage fueled bark, “Stalker!? I know for a fact you can hear me! This is serious!” The kitsune found herself locked in an exceptionally hostile growl, ears pinned to accent her curled lips and fully bared teeth. Had it not been for the leathery pads in her palms, the enraged female may have very well punctured her own hands with the clawed tips of her clenched fingers. “Dammit, Stalker answer me!”

After ten full seconds of receiving no answer, the kitsune fiddled with her ear, completely failing to close the communication channel multiple times in her furious state. “Fuck! Just!--” she stuttered through her rumbling throat, “Just--.” As the comm. channel finally closed, the female all but instantaneously shot a glance to the image of the same name she barked, “TILLA!?” Surprisingly, this time she was not left in silence.

“Vixen?” the rather tiny yip of the large eared female rang back into Aeris' ear. Immediately, the kitsune responded in a full-fanged rumble, accented by a gargle of unchecked saliva, “Where's Stalker?!”. In total contrast to the angry 'tsune's demeanor, Tilla casually yipped once more, “He's right here. He's been taking this rough though, and I hate to say it for him, but I think he's too scared too face you.”. Maintaining her aggressive tone, the kitsune inquired awkwardly through her rapidly quaking throat “Taking what rough? What's he scared of!?”.

Tilla's response only came after a seconds pause, “I mean no disrespect when I tell you that you probably know exactly what it is that has upset him.”. Aeris snorted, mentally strangling the fennec as she retorted in rage, “I suggest you come clean to me, fennec, I've no time for games, and I want answers!”. A sigh could be heard from Tilla's end before she actually barked back to her superior, “Aeris... my vixen; your daughter is dead. She's nothing but ashes now.”.

“>Who<!?” Aeris all but howled in a mixture of fury and preemptive revenge. Tilla however, never quite broke her casual tone, “I'll give you one guess, my vixen. Who's Arc-cross is also a loose synonym of their own name in a subset of a human language?”. The kitsune paused briefly, both at the audacity of the fennec to play with riddles at a time like this, and at the fact that her mind truly delved into its own depths to answer such questions. The 'tsune's rage gradually began to subside, though suspiciously it all but dissipated once her ears perked and she found her answer. “Ire?” she growled lowly, only to receive a very brief yip in confirmation.

The realization forced the upset kitsune to cease her more aggressive noise-making in favor of brief silence. Soon thereafter, Aeris' found herself down to but a pitiful whimper as she further interrogated her large eared subordinate, “Tilla, do you know if Stalker was with the Isis when this happened?”. The fennec's response was as swift as her usual physical movements, coming in the form of a low growl, “No, vixen, he and Isis were separated at the time.” - “Why?” - “Due to a disagreement that was quickly getting out of hand; Stalker says he left her to cool down before she actually hurt him.”

Aeris was forced to think briefly as she heard the ebony-furred fox's reasoning behind leaving her daughter for dead. “So,” she began with a whine, “Stalker left her because Isis was being mean? She was in charge of him, and he left her side for fear of being harmed?” Her whimper gradually began to fade into a growl as she went on, “So now my daughter is dead because those beneath her fear punishment enough to flee?”. Tilla attempted to interrupt, but a sudden question from the irritated kitsune overtook the fennec's voice with ease, “And what about >you<, Tilla!? Last I checked, you abandoned Isis out of fear of fighting the Hunter. What have you to say about that?”

While not being one known entirely for insubordination, it was only a minor shock when the fennec vixen growled back at her superior in defense of herself, “>That< was about not following orders that are directly suicide! I could have easily been killed if that dog wanted me, and we established after the first shot that I wasn't going to harm her with my bow!”. Aeris' ears fell as she listened to her lesser bark at her like just another fox. Aggressive growl soon returning, the kitsune laid into the fennec without the first hint of remorse, “Tilla! Firstly, you will not yell at me like I'm just another one of your flea-ridden fox friends. Secondly, you obviously believe it is alright to disobey your leadership, and just completely disappear when you feel your life is in danger. That is not what I need working for me.”

Perhaps the 'tsune had expected the fennec to calm down and reconsider their attitude after hearing how truly disdainful her actions were towards those above her. Unfortunately, Tilla gave her supposed superior a piece of her mind that none but Isis had ever had the misfortune to hear expressed, “Hey, Aeris! It sounds to me like you're working with the wrong damned species! If you want an entire group of ignorant fucks that'll follow you over a cliff edge into a pit of spikes, then why don't you higher yourself a bunch a dumb ass, flea-ridden, predictable, territorially-patriotic, and ignorantly loyal >DOGS<!” Before the kitsune was capable of even being surprised, the large eared female broke into an outright vicious growl that forced Aeris to flinch, even if she wasn't even within a mile of the irate vixen, “Hell, why don't you go find a few wolves while you're at it, and maybe a coyote will even join your cause! You know, because you seem pretty alright with just throwing vulpine life away! Fuck, you know what?! I'm glad Isis is dead, maybe you'll learn how to stop and think before you give us the most idiotic of tasks, and while you're at it, maybe you'll start being something akin to a decent leader. Honestly, how can we even trust you to make rational decisions if you just throw people into positions because of their relationship to you!? You just laughed about me and Stalker almost being killed by your daughter and her dumb mate. You did absolutely nothing to even curve the problem!”

Aeris found herself attempting to force a consistent rumble in her throat, yet every time she tried it stuttered until it faltered entirely. “Y-you..” she tried to respond, her jaw slack whilst her body spoke of trying to be angry, yet not quite knowing how to project it. “You... little twerp!” the kitsune finally spouted in a rage-filled bark, “I can't believe you're really saying this! This is beyond just insubordination!” The 'tsune's fingers began to clench just in front of her as if to strangle somebody that wasn't there. “I'm going to... I'm” she struggled to bark out just what she would do to the unruly vixen. On one hand, Tilla was speaking enough truth that Aeris couldn't deny it, yet on the other hand she still had no grounds to speak to her in the manner that she did.

“Tilla!” Aeris finally snapped, fading into a booming, open-mouthed growl to continue, “I want you back at camp immediately! And bring, Stalker with you!”. She received silence in response, prompting her to raise the tone of her furiously vibrating vocals, “>Tilla<! Get your ass back here before I send someone out to get you!”. Surprisingly, this time she received an answer, though it was far from what she wanted to hear; “I'll be waiting for them... my vixen. Make it a challenge, unlike that mutant of a daughter you used to have.”. With that, the communication link was forcibly cut from the fennec's end, leaving Aeris to hold her jaws agape at the defiant response.

It was at that moment that Aeris, mother of Isis and leader of an operation to advance her entire species, did something that she had grown notorious for. She set off on reacting purely out of a mixture of rage, despair, and utter desperation. All of it was induced by her daughter's death, the insubordination of one she already disliked, treasonous acts abound in her organization, and finally the obvious lack of the previous issues actually being handled.

Her eyes snapped to the projection once more, her hand waving back to the previous set of individuals. Inhaling and exhaling with wrath and revenge clearly driving her, the kitsune glared daggers to the image of her group's mobile battle platform. The fox-dragon hybrid may have been on her hit-list, yet Aeris had other plans for the horned beast.

A flick of her ear preceded an upset “IRE!”. Surprisingly, the drixen casually responded with a low growl, “Is something troubling you, my vixen?”. Aeris nearly exploded, yet her current 'plan' relied on keeping this call brief and non-confrontational. The kitsune fell into a low growl with only minor aggression behind it, “Ire, I need you to do something for me.”. The hybrid female erfed curiously, “And that would be?”.

Aeris continued to hold the dam that held back the torrent of possibly lethal emotions welled up within her. Keeping her outward tone in check, she gave her orders to the drixen in the most controlled tone she could find, “I need you to find Stalker and Tilla. They should be together, and I need you to bring them back to base. Those two are currently being a pair of insubordinate little adolescent kits.”. Ire snorted in as humorous a manner as her feral form would allow, though she quickly affirmed the kitsune's request with a playful growl, “Easily done, my vixen; I shall have them for you shortly.”. “Good!” Aeris suddenly blared in a high-pitched yip, only to hang up on the drixen as she flicked her ear and flipped back one more page on the screen before her.

By now, the vixen had started to pace vigorously. Even as the other was used to wave through pages, her free hand remained half clenched as if to strangle the next creature unlucky enough to enter her line of sight. Fortunately, only interpretations of individuals ever quite made it to her eyes. “Farsight!” she screamed as the link opened with the tech-savvy vulpine she'd so rudely hung up on earlier. Receiving a startled yip of “Yes, vixen!?” from the blind fox, Aeris rapidly blurted out exactly what she needed from the multipurpose red fox, “Farsight. My feral set, all five blades with two spare in sheath, and phase-gen.”

For once, Farsight actually interrupted the upset kitsune, even if it was a low, cautious whine she used to do so, “But, vixen, phase-tech in an area with high fluctuation like this could potentially tear open further rifts!”. “FARSIGHT!” Aeris instantly barked back at the feeble vixen, “What exactly are the odds of that happening!?”. To that question, the smaller fox found her feelings trampled upon whilst she softly muttered the answer, “Approximately four-hundred-and-eighty-two trillion to one.”

“Precisely” Aeris half growled, half snorted. “Now, prepare my gear... I've got a few loose ends that need to be trimmed.”

------------------------
Brackish
-------------------------

Sad that FA is 'kinda down atm; hopefully I remember to post there too.

Q/C/F... PRAISE!?

foxelite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Kusanagi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:24 pm

And now on full display just why Ghost is committing treason, did she just order the person that murdered her daughter to capture foxes who are being treasonous? It's not like this is news, she was just told that Ire murdered her daughter, and she felt the best course of action was to give her more orders.

Now granted Ire is axe crazy and likely to kill off Stalker and TIlla just cause, but still... :shock:

One point for Aeris her manipulation of Jazz, though I'm not sure if she's charismatic, or if she does actually have a real power there, guess we'll have to wait and see on that.

Oh and before I forget Brackish's new nickname is Logan and I shall not be swayed on this.

Keep up the good work, hopefully next chapter will be up before June. 8)
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kusanagi/

http://giantessworld.net/viewuser.php?uid=27873 (something new has been added :o)

catch other stories by the drunken writer
Kusanagi
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby gadabout » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:56 pm

No no no no... Youre supposed to stay dead you fool! Now youve turned into wolverine and kusa and I are going to call you logan from now on. I Also smell some more murder coming about on the horizon, murder of the brutal kind, maybe even some genocide... so much death I say >:o

That aside youve conveyed emotion excellently, I can almost feel how bad it is to lose a daughter and I kinda felt bad for Aeris for a spliiiit second. I then remembered that she was banana ham sandwich insane and is about to commit more murder.
RIP Baggy52.

Mutual Benefit - In Progress... 21/40 -> 52%
Cause for alarm - In Progress... 5/10->50% >|+|< No Cause for alarm - COMPLETE
gadabout
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby foxelite » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:31 am

Wait a minute, is it an INSULT to be refered to as Wolverine? I think not. I like this nickname... and I shall gladly let it be official.

ANYWHO... IT'S NOT JUNE, WHEW!! Also, everybody be crazy!

Miscommunication Pt. 37

“What did you do!?” a horrified combination of a whimper and a howl exploded throughout the expansive Chihuahuan desert; “She's probably going to send somebody to kill us, not catch us!”

The dreaded, high-pitched sound could have its source traced back to the quivering maw of the oversized Stalker as he stood upon all fours, eyes locked on the large eared loud mouth known only as Tilla. The fennec herself did not bother to spare the male a glance as she sat upon her rear, knees pulled to her chest as she simply stared to the daytime sky in contemplation. Massive ears swept back, she made no motion to part her muzzle in reply to her ebony-furred acquaintance as he once more sounded off in that miserably loud wail, “TILLA!? What the hell is your problem!?” Of course, after once more receiving silence as an answer, the male found himself forced to do far more than cry in agony.

Tilla's lonesome, inquisitive adventure came to a screeching halt, courtesy of her four-legged friend's fangs sinking into her shin and calf. Obviously, he wanted her attention badly, as Stalker's fangs even drew just the smallest hint of blood. Considering the nature of the ebony-furred creature's saliva, it was no shock that Tilla snapped to attention and all but outright panicked. “Are you trying to kill me!?” she barked nearly at the top of her lungs, even as the male released and backed away.

“No” Stalker whimpered in return, “I'm not trying to kill you, but I'm fairly certain you're trying your damnedest to kill the both of us!”. Tilla's eyes narrowed as she began to examine the area where she'd been bitten, noting that whatever amount of blood may have been drawn was too miniscule to be seen through her fur. Even so, her communication method of choice became a highly irritated growl, “Dammit, Stalker, I've got no intention of dieing anytime soon. Granted, if that bite went any deeper I'm sure you'd have changed that really quick.”. The black fox whined in retort, “Forget the bite already! You said Aeris said she was sending somebody after us!?”

Tilla snorted at the thought of just 'forgetting' that her venomous friend had just lost enough control to actually risk ending her life. “Look” she began, eyes nearly narrowed to slits whilst she glared straight into the male's soul, “She said she was going to send somebody to come get us, but that doesn't mean we're as good as dead.”. Stalker was once more prepared to instantly throw out his response, “Are you crazy!? You said you were happy that Isis was dead! You may as well have told her to just send out an assassination party!”

“>Stalker<!” the fennec yipped angrily before returning to the rumble of her throat, “Aeris isn't going to just waste us if she's already lost Isis, and possibly even Ivan.”. Stalker began to calm briefly as he found himself whining out a continuation to the fennec's logic, “I guess so; I mean, we also lost Ghost.”. Tilla once more picked up, she herself relaxing as she noted the gradual decline in the male's tension, “Not to mention, I'm sure Ire's higher on the hit-list than we are.”. To that, the ebony-furred fox was forced to pause for a moment, glancing off to his side whilst he mulled over several thoughts. Once he'd established just what it was he wanted to say, he turned back to meet gazes with the fennec, a low growl of uncertainty was his choice of delivery for his message, “Tilla, do you really think Aeris would get rid of Ire? She's the only non-kitsune capable of holding that much weaponry.”

Tilla broke eye-contact in favor of comfort. Her back impacted the desert sands with a dust-disturbing thud. Sighing, the fennec gazed to the sky and pondered. Stalker was right to assume that Aeris wouldn't just take Isis' death as an excuse to rid themselves of one of their greatest assets. On the other hand, she'd seen how their leader glared to the drixen on multiple occasions. It wasn't a glare of hatred, but more along the lines of mixed jealousy and fear. With that image in mind, the fennec bit her lower lip before rumbling forth with a response, “You're right, but Aeris has done plenty of unexpected things before. And by unexpected, I mean stupid.”

Stalker halfway agreed to the fenenc's statement, even if his confirmation was little more than a snort. Of course, he made it clear that he still was not one-hundred percent with the fennec's ideas, “Hey, maybe we should just go back on our own. We're going to end up back there one way or another, Tilla.”. His whining received an agitated growl in return from his two-legged companion, “Stalker, you're the one that didn't want to go back, and I wasn't going to force you.”. Stalker whimpered for a moment before returning to his whining in an effort to plea, “But I'm thinking about it now; it's far worse for us if we stay out here.”. Tilla erfed in a curious retort, “How do you figure that?”. As if it were even a challenge to form an answer, Stalker paused before yapping, “Because we're just pissing our leader off even further!”

Tilla smirked as her ebony-furred friend started to grow against his own desires. “Stalker” she began with a playful yip, “I was fine with going back earlier, but the more I thought about it, the more I like the idea of just staying away from our base. I don't feel like explaining everything that's going on to an angry kitsune that'll just find the nearest random being and rip their head off.”. The ebony fox seemed oddly ready to actually defend their leader with a series of yips, “But she's not exactly -evil-, Tilla. Aeris can be perfectly reasonable, and I think that's something I overlooked when I said we shouldn't go back.”

The fennec fox sighed heavily before shooting back up into a sitting position. Arms wrapped about her raised knees, she shot a sharpened glare right through the eyes of her companion, forcing him to take a cautious step back. Growling lowly, the female 'spoke', eyes widening each time she emphasized her point; “Okay Stalker... do you really believe Aeris is going to be reasonable -now-? She's lost Isis, and I just kind of pissed her off even further, but only because I was >CERTAIN< that a >CERTAIN< little black fox was >CERTAIN< that he didn't want to face her!”. Stalker took another step back, even turning his nose to the ground as the fennec laid into him, though eventually he was forced to whimper out a pathetic response, “Alright, alright, I get it” The black fox forced himself to glance back up to the vixen, an erf being his choice of communication, “So are we just going to sit here and wait for whoever she sent to get here?”

To Stalker's question, Tilla simply shrugged and tilted her ears. Both of the furry satellites focused off to her right, away from Stalker. “We really don't have a choice,” she began with a playful yip, “They're already here.”

“Perceptive” the low, rather impressed sounding growl of a very familiar abomination sounded, “But I am not here to complement you, younglings.” As the voice faded temporarily, a shadowy silhouette manifested itself, though it soon dissipated to show off the much less inviting visage of Ire herself. The moment the red-eyed face came into view, Tilla could not help but suck her teeth and quip, “Well then, I see Aeris went straight for the biggest, ugliest brute she could find.”

Ire's nostrils flared though the drixen held back her temper, lest she overstep her bounds. Of course, a low growl and narrowed eye-contact was more than enough to get her point across; “I believe I was only called due to my proximity to you, small one.”. The fennec groaned at being referred to as 'small'; she got that enough, yet it's not like she was actually about to instigate a bloody confrontation over it. Attempting to keep the situation civil, Tilla contorted her muzzle and erfed, “Let's not get on each other's badside, alright?”. The four-legged hybrid, just a few relative feet from her, snorted and growled back in a bass filled rumble, “I have no intention of it; from the sounds of things, Aeris wants the both of you alive so that she herself may discipline you.”

The ebony-furred fox beside the sitting fennec finally spoke up in a yip of his own, “I'm just scared as to what she's going to do to us.”. Ire's entire focus switched to the young male, offering him a much less intimidating version of her growl, “She will likely council the both of you briefly, perhaps even force you to be part of a scouting party for this expedition. You know, something boring and tedious; I doubt she wants to spend time and effort on properly lecturing you now... not with an invasion planned in just hours.”. As the horned beast finished her piece, Stalker placed a forepaw upon Tilla's side for attention, then allowed a nearly incomprehensible rumble to reach the fennec's sensitive ears, “Tilla, Ire doesn't seem too concerned with dealing with Aeris. Do you think she knows that our vixen knows?”. Immediately, Tilla hushed her four-legged friend with golden furred fingers clamped about his muzzle. Surprisingly, Stalker did not fight it, for he took the hint that perhaps they should not bring up the particular subject right in front of one who could undoubtedly destroy them both.

“Well, younglings” Ire barked with no definitive emotion behind it, “are we going to head back to base quietly, or will I have to once more put kits in their place?”. Stalker's eyes widened as the drixen hinted at what was undoubtedly her run-in with Isis. Tilla however, narrowed her eyes at the black fox before snapping them to the hybrid. In a sincerely inquisitive set of erfs, the fennec questioned “So what if we don't want to go back just yet? Can we just stay here for awhile?”. Almost instantaneously, Ire shot back a snarling “No!”. To that, Tilla's eyes widened whilst a premonition of herself being mauled to death flashed throughout her mind.

“Okay then” Tilla barked, knowing that her chances of actually winning a fight with the droxess were slim-to-none. “You okay with going back now, Stalker?” she erfed, though a squeeze of her fingers around her companion's muzzle answered for him. “Great! Let's not do that whole fighting thing!”. Ire simply snorted, looking over the two younger foxes through both of her red-tinted visors. A low rumble from her throat was coupled with a flick of her ear. The same vocals were seamlessly used to communicate with both Tilla and the drixen's leader, “Wise-choice, little vixen. Yes, Aeris, I have them both; it is amazing what a presence like mine can do to aid in negotiations.”.

Forcing herself to make eye-contact with Stalker, as well as finally let his snout go, Tilla avoided letting her eyes befall the hideous array of black scales that surrounded each of Ire's eyes. They didn't exactly help curb the drixen's reputation for being a murderous, short-tempered monster. Aiding her in avoiding the sight, the fennec began to stand, never taking her eyes off of Stalker as she did so.

“Alright.” Tilla began, dusting the sand off of the areas she could reach, “let's get this over with, shall we?”. Ire did not immediately respond, however, for the hybrid still communicated with their multi-tailed leader, “Da... I will take them to the Titan dock.”. Tilla's massive ears could not help but eavesdrop on the conversation, and after hearing just where they would be headed forced her to shoot a glare to Stalker. Through an almost inaudible growl, she 'whispered' to the male, “We're meeting her at the Titan Dock; that means she's either forcing us to dismount, or she's getting geared up for something.”

Stalker glanced behind himself at the hideously scaled and furred creature, then turned his emerald orbs to the brown eyes of his companion. Yipping ever so softly, he spouted off a mixture of logic and uncertainty, “Well do remember we have an invasion going on shortly. She's probably gearing up for that, you know? Also, like Ire said, we're probably going to get stuck with some mundane tasking for what we've done.”. A brief pause by the fennec preceded a quick and quiet yap, “Maybe, but she generally forces us to shrink down and go someplace less visible before enacting discipline.” The golden-furred vixen sucked her teeth in contemplation before going on, “It's just that this all seems kind of suspicious.”

“What do you mean?” Stalker erfed as he tilted his head. The fennec beside him crossed her arms, not bothering to glance down to him as she lowly yapped out a response, “Aeris knows what Ire did, and she was thoroughly pissed off. So it doesn't make any sense that she'd send Ire after us...” Her yapping ceased; after a brief silence, the fennec's ears perked as she loudly whisper-yipped, “Unless of course... Aeris wants us all together!”. Stalker tilted his head curiously before erfing, “Well, duh. Why would she want to deal with us all one on one if she doesn't have time to do so?” - “YOU IDIOT!” Tilla barked, catching Ire's attention, though immediately the fennec fell back into a series of whisper-yips, “I mean that she wants us all together to kill!”. Stalker barked lowly, not bothering to pause and mull over what the fennec was saying, “Tilla, that's ludicrous. She wouldn't kill all three of us!”

As they walked back in the direction of their 'home' the two smaller foxes were given a modest berth by Ire. The drixen had no clear intention of forcing the situation to become too uncomfortable if she didn't have to, but as the duo of adolescent kits chittered in secret right before her, she could not help but become curious. That fact became all too apparent as the droxess picked up on their topic of choice, and she interjected with a curious yip of her own, “Excuse me, but why would Aeris want to kill any of us?”. Both Tilla and Stalker shot glances over their shoulder, though neither ceased moving forward. Eyes locked on the hybrid behind her, Tilla did offer a simple yip in return, “Because, she's just a little bit pissed off, and probably doesn't want to actually deal with us.”

It was safe to assume that Ire's presence was both intimidating, and dominating. The drixen upon four legs stood a mite bit taller than Tilla did on two, and she completely dwarfed Stalker's four-legged form. That fact alone made it a wonder that Tilla would be so casually outspoken towards the four-legged battle platform, yet as their conversation continued, it was clear the fennec had a backbone filled with bravado.

“You speak as though you know something that I have done to anger her” Ire barked, only to have the fennec retort earnestly, “Well that's because you have, murderer.”. Granted, this wouldn't have been the first time Ire had held that title, the drixen found her head tilting in confusion as she was so randomly accused. With a simple erf, the droxess inquired “What do you mean. I have no idea what you are referring to, kit.”. Tilla snickered before turning her head back in the direction she traveled; the fennec subsequently pointed her nose to the sky as she accentuated the sway of her barely-existent hips. It may have seemed like she wanted to tease the drixen sensually, but Ire caught on to the disrespect conveyed in the sudden body language. That was enough to initiate a rumble in the hybrid's throat, and the fennec's explanation only increased its volume, “Oh please, you know exactly what I mean. I saw what you did to Isis.”

Ire immediately snapped her jaws at the air to her side, the drixen snarling back at the fennec, “And what of it!? She had it coming, and she decided to pick a fight that she could not win!”. Tilla giggled, continuing her taunt masquerading as a sultry stride. The large-eared female's response only forced another snap of Ire's jaws, “Oh well then, I'm sure Aeris will >love< to here that that's why it happened!”.

By now, all of Ire's teeth and gums were on display to the world. An open-mouthed growl doubled as her means of communication, and a warning that the fennec's time on this planet was growing dangerously short, “What makes you think that Aeris would kill me for harming her daughter?! Our vixen has been trying to give her a reason to wear armor for some time now; I merely taught your uppity kit friend a lesson!” . Surprisingly, it was not Tilla that responded, but a suddenly irate Stalker. The black fox whipped his entire frame about to face the larger creature, yapping up to her in a fit of rage, “It's hard to teach a lesson to somebody by killing them, you psychopath!”. To that, Ire did not even bother to halt; her continued momentum forced Stalker to back down in a sense, though the smaller fox never ceased trying to make eye-contact with the drixen.

“Kill?” Ire snarled, not bothering to give Stalker the respect of her eyes, “I did not kill anyfox!”. The ebony-furred vulpine creature continued to back away as the drixen trudged forth, though forgoing his attempts to make eye-contact, he shot his attention briefly to his fennec companion. With a simple bark, he inquired “Tilla? I thought you said she killed her!?”. The fennec nodded as she rose both arms before placing her hands on the back of her head in a relaxed manner. A yip of “Because she did” was enough to cause Stalker to snap his attention back to the drixen and growl, “She was there; she saw you!”

Ire held back the impulses raging throughout her body; already her forepaw ached to relieve the yappy little black-furred vulpine of his life. “Look!” the drixen snarled, “I have no intention of losing my standing in these ranks! I would never do something so low as kill my vixen's own offspring! I beat her half to death, but I left her in a state where she would surely survive!” . Tilla finally returned to barking at the hybrid with a minor hint of anger in her own voice, “Yeah, you left her well enough to survive... right before you turned her to dust!”. Ire paused momentarily, growling incomprehensibly for several seconds before forming her angry vocals into something that could be translated, “You think I would waste my bow upon an unarmored, unshielded target?! This is preposterous!”

Tilla began to shake her head slowly, her eyes closing as she let the truth flow, “You call it preposterous, but I've got video proof of you beating the ever-loving shit out of Isis, though I stopped recording before you decided to end it all.”. The horned beast forced back a growing urge to trim the fennec's ears clean off of her head, but in return for bottling up her physical impulses, her verbal ones exploded in the form of a booming roar that blasted both younger creatures with a sweltering stream of hot, humid air “I AM NOT ONE TO BE TRIFLED WITH, LISA; I WILL NOT BE PERSECUTED FOR A CRIME I DID NOT COMMIT!”. It forced Tilla to pin her ears down and briefly seize up, whilst Stalker whined and hopped completely clear of the drixen's path. Unfortunately for Ire, neither of the younger fox's could comprehend her roaring-tongue, and she was forced to reiterate in a furious growl.

Whatever sultry movements Tilla had been attempting were completely erased from her gait. Stalker found himself more than happy to go deathly silent, turning back around to head back towards base with an extra dosage of hustle. Neither adolescent seemed up to giving Ire a response after being nearly deafened, nor did Tilla have any thoughts that could be even remotely considered witty.

Taking note of the silence, Ire commanded the two foxes before her with a vicious snarl, “The both of you... keep quiet. We will discuss this matter in the presence of our vixen.”. Tilla's ears perked momentarily as if to precede a defiant comment; unfortunately that comment never came, and her ears flattened back to her skull in something she couldn't define as fear or defeat.

----

Jazz had yet to determine just how she should look at her current situation. As she lay naked upon the sand in a tiny 10x10ft hole beneath the earth, her eyes remained open and staring to the braced ceiling of equal texture to that upon which she sprawled. On one hand, Aeris had seemed sincere in allowing her to return home once her mark was healed, yet on the other she had made the mistake of letting -them- get into her head.

Even now the female found herself attempting to force the faces back into the recesses of her mind, yet the harder she tried, the more vivid the images became. Such power the visions held, filled with no more than a smiling countenance suddenly fading into blood and flame. The entire thought of having been right there as hundreds were burned alive left sleep a distant desire that seemed impossible to fulfill.

She'd tried to convince herself of the facts: this wasn't her fight; they likely would have just been enslaved or killed at a later date anyway, and most importantly, she had become a nuisance to a goal with at least a respectable premise. The latter caused her to pause and dwell upon it, wondering just how honorable the vulpine goal was. The bushy-tailed creatures were undoubtedly oppressed, and reaching out to find new territory was not something she could blame them for. Granted, it wasn't their goal that bothered her; it was their methods. Perhaps, the Hunter thought to herself, it was simply a conflict of opinion. She wouldn't have set about building an army and turning people against each other to start a war. It seemed like needless slaughter when they were clearly capable of reasoning well enough to not have to resort to barbaric methods of attaining their goals.

“I just...” the female trailed off as she spoke aloud to herself, “I guess I just need to forget it all. It's not my place to pass judgment on something that doesn't involve me.” Her tone was simply indifferent as she rattled off to the dry darkness around her. Unfortunately, as she drifted and spoke to herself, the Hunter found herself interrupted all too suddenly by a sudden yip from the room's entrance.

In all honesty, she should have been expecting to be disturbed sooner or later, though she had assumed her visitor would be coated in white and simply asking her if she'd like to depart. That however, was not the case when she twisted her nose towards the entryway, cheek lying upon the sands that she herself had heated. A complete lack of artificial light in the tunneled-out room left it virtually flooded in black, forcing even the Hunter's exceptional night vision to strain. Had it not been for the minute amount of light added to the halls outside the room, she may have never made out anything but a vulpine silhouette.

Instead of Aeris, Jazz found her struggling eyes greeted to a short red fox vixen who sat quietly against the wall just beside where they had entered. Legs crossed, they simply seemed to stare at the ground beneath them, though as Jazz acknowledged them the furry triangles upon their head perked to listen.

“Exactly how long have you been there?” the Hunter barked with a mixture of curiosity and upset nerves. In response, she received yet another small, almost mouse-like yip from the stealthy creature, “Only a minute or two.”. Jazz found herself puzzled by only one fact after they'd answered, “So you're saying that you made it into this room without me hearing you?”. The female sitting near the front of the room simply yipped the equivalent of an “mmhmm” in English. The mottle-coated 'dog' was forced to offer them a mildly impressed bark of admiration, “Well kudos for that; I've never been snuck up on by somebody not wearing any tech.” She was only certain that the vixen before her had accomplished the feat without technological aid due to the fact that, even with the poor lighting, the petite vulpine body shared the Hunter's au naturel state.

“I'm sorry if I startled you” the high pitched voice whined, “I've always had a tendency to keep my steps silent, for I've other things I'd rather listen to.”. For a moment Jazz contemplated chasing that rabbit, though she forced herself to press the vixen for why she had decided to grace the Hunter with her presence, “So, why exactly are you here?”. The vixen's mop of unkempt shoulder length hair sagged lazily over any chance Jazz had of seeing the smaller female's facial features. Even as they softly replied, they refused to lose the appearance of sulking creepily in the corner of a dark room; “I was just curious is all. I've never met a Hunter before, but I've heard about your kind.”. Their ebony furred hands fiddled just over their lap, interlacing and bending until they'd release pops and cracks, only to find another position to emit the disturbing sounds once more.

Jazz found her eyes transfixed to the dainty fingers of the fox as they toiled about with one another. Her lack of a response drove her vulpine stalker to growl lowly in her direction, though it lacked any hostility, “So, is it true that your kind really does have as impressive of a track record as they say? Or is it all over-exaggerated?”. To this, Jazz snarled with far more aggression than she actually meant to portray, “It's true, dammit! Maybe not for our entire species, but definitely my clan!” The sudden escalation left the vixen to seize up and whimper, “Okay, okay!”. Granted, Jazz did surprise the feeble creature with something they'd never in their life heard from anything but another fox: an apology. Yes, as Jazz caught sight of the little one's reaction, she whimpered both at them, and herself, “Sorry about that; I just... I'm just kind of stressed right now.”

The vixen shivered, her ears splaying as she simply could not convince herself that something so dog-like was actually forgiving her. Jazz attempted to make herself seem sincere with a further whimper, “No really; don't be scared, I'm harmless, really!” Wanting to emphasize her sincerity, the Hunter actually rolled over to her belly and rose to her hands and knees. Crawling over towards the miniscule female, the Hunter reached out to touch them, though they immediately received a snap of the vixen's head upward to force eye-contact. “Don't touch me!” their tiny voice whined before swatting at the encroaching arm. Surprisingly, Jazz didn't back her limb away, nor did she seem much in the way of phased by the feeble strike to her forearm.

“The hell is wrong with you?” the Hunter half growled, half whimpered. Of course, as the vixen whined out in response, Jazz was forced to take a double-take on herself, “You're lying!”. The larger female quirked an eye as she closed her nose in on the smaller female's. The Hunter confusedly growled, “What the hell are you talking about?”. The vixen set off into an ear-piercing array of yapping as she attempted to slide beneath the larger female's arm, “You, you're trying to hurt me!”. The Hunter snarled back whilst she found herself throwing an arm around the smaller one to prevent their escape, “You're not making any sense!”

Finding the larger creature's arm about them, the vixen struggled to avoid being caught, though they soon found themselves being hugged in a manner most uncomfortable. Whether it was Jazz's intention to virtually crush the little one's ribs was yet to be determined. It was not until the vixen finally resorted to violence that the Hunter had any conscious mind to harm them. Unfortunately, that time came sooner than Jazz had expected; the struggling red fox twisted her head back and forth before showing off that her fangs were still sharp enough to sink cleanly into the bridge of the larger female's snout.

“What the hell!?” the Hunter snarled. In response, she only received further panicked yapping from the wriggling fox, “Let me go!”. To that, Jazz... used her free hand to grasp firmly about the vulpine creature's neck. A single squeeze to all but flatten their windpipe was more than enough to force the tiny one's jaws apart. With a forceful push backward, the Hunter slammed the perturbed vixen's skull against the compacted sand behind her. Releasing them from the violent hug, Jazz simply held the vixen down by their neck, loosening her grip enough to keep them pinned, but not choking. “Would you mind explaining yourself!?” the Hunter snarled as she stood with fox in tow, fangs baring through no conscious fault of her own.

The vixen's ears twitched once before she looked the dog squarely in the eyes, a cold, icy blue meeting the hazel orbs of the wild dog. Entire body fidgeting as they were hoisted well over two feet off of the ground, the vulpine made every attempt to kick or claw her way out of a rapidly decaying situation. Unfortunately, not once did she break through the skin and mottled fur with the tips of her sharpened claws. Knowing that it was fruitless to fight the larger female, the frenzied vulpine finally whined something worth listening to by the Hunter, “Y-you're trying to eat me!”

Jazz found her eyes widening almost clear out of their sockets at the preposterous accusation. Stuttering to find words in English or barking tongue, the Hunter found herself once more cut off from responding as the vixen howled in a manner so high-pitched and loud that it forced both of her hands to her ears. Not immediately bothering to concern herself with the fact that she let the vixen go, the Hunter pinned her ears, grit her teeth, and jammed her snout into her own armpit. For such a small creature, the little one's howling was downright excruciating at close-range.

With the Hunter's grip about her neck released, the vixen slipped back to her own two paws before scrambling away like a mere mouse taking the opportunity to flee a distracted feline. They made no motion to turn about and view their 'assailant', only knowing that exiting the room should be their sole objective. Unfortunately, as a single foot made it to the entryway threshold, they found the fluffiest piece of their vulpine anatomy betraying them.

Jazz wasn't quite sure just what drove her to snatch at the vixen's tail. Was she -that- hellbent on finding out just what it was that drove the vulpine creature to freak out, or was it just--? The Hunter's thoughts abruptly ceased as something she could not discern as her conscious, or unconscious mind drove her to yank the little one back towards her. The act forced an ear-bleeding screech from her smaller acquaintance, almost overshadowing the Hunter's snarl, though at least her's was comprehensible, “Would you please just calm down and explain yourself!?”

To her command, Jazz simply found herself suddenly hurled into a temporary world of pain. While she may have been able to tolerate being burned, clawed, and kicked by a metallic behemoth, the Hunter found electrocution, while completely unprotected, to be one of her least favorite forms of attack.

Her grip upon the vixen released the moment she felt herself turned into a projectile. The world a shadowy blur to the Hunter, nothing quite made sense until her back came to a forced halt against a compacted sand wall. Leaving an indiscernible indentation within the sandy surface, the mottle-coated dog whined weakly before collapsing into a painful heap upon the unlit floor of what used to be her temporary fortress of solitude. There would be no time for her to nurse her wounds however, for the Hunter immediately found a full fledged interrogation hurled mostly in her direction.

“What the hell is going on here!?” a vicious bark, fading into a growl, blasted through the miniscule room. Quick to respond, the assaulted vixen yapped out her claim to their vulpine savior, “She was trying to eat me!”. Immediately, and before Jazz had even recovered enough to open her eyes, the unknown voice barked out to her in a tone usually reserved for those on the verge of a rage-filled murder, “What do you have to say for yourself, dog!?”. Not surprisingly, Jazz simply groaned.

A disrespectful arf preceded the sudden interrogator once more addressing the vixen plaintiff, “Come, Farsight; explain on the way.” With but a moment's pause, the female voice was once more tossed towards the Hunter, “But you! You stay, you filthy mutt. You're lucky Aeris told us not to harm you, otherwise I'd reduce you to ashes.”.

And that... that is when something highly out of the ordinary occurred. Had Ghost been there, he may have noted that it was not, in fact, that odd for the Hunter to act in such a way; however, he was nowhere to explain her actions.

Not even bothering to glance up to the vulpine savior that threatened her, Jazz growled towards the ground, yet obviously intended it for the individual that dared spout such uncensored warnings; “Really, fox? How about you run away before I tear your puny ass in half!” By the end of her own threat, the Hunter's eyes had fallen upon the suddenly appearing stranger. Their position just in front of the room's entrance left them blocking a large portion of what light streamed in from the tunnel halls. In addition to casting a wicked shadow across the room's back wall, the positioning left the front half of their body completely enshrouded in black. Even with their features an almost complete mystery to her, Jazz could easily tell that her assailant was no more than a pathetically sized kit fox vixen. Standing barely over three-and-a-half feet in height, the unclothed vulpine creature sported little more than the glove upon her left hand.

Hunter and kit fox allowed their eyes to meet, both sharing a hatred that seemed to have spawned only seconds ago, yet in truth it was a hatred backed by years of torment and rage. Not surprisingly, the reflection of their eyes amidst the dominating shadows only enhanced the violent intent held within their stares. Gums peeled back, exposing ivory weapons upon both vulpine and lycan countenance, the two females remained still and virtually silent. Eerily enough, though searing expressions of aggression clearly showed--ears pinned, brows slanted-- both parties held their tongues. Their silence was only shattered by the third party that refused to let this moment continue.

“Koya, let's go!” the high-pitched yapping of the assaulted vixen forced the kit fox to take action. An arm about the larger red fox, eye-contact with the Hunter was cut in favor of tending to the distressed. “Right” Koya yipped lowly to the shivering vixen, “We'll leave this... thing in here.”. With that, she motioned to exit and herd Farsight out of harms way, though not even a full step into her evacuation was she stopped by a vicious snarl from the irritated Hunter.

“So that's it!?” Jazz forced the hostile rumble through her clenched teeth, though the sound itself seemed gurgled by the copious amounts of saliva lingering in her maw. “You're just going to come in here, shock the hell out of me and then walk away, all because some little fuck overreacts to somebody trying to calm her down!?”. Koya erfed incomprehensibly as Farsight was indirectly attacked. Finding a brief hint of motherly vixen within herself, the kit fox rapidly grasped the back of Farsight's head, bringing the taller vixen down into her chest. Pinning the blind fox's ears to muffle the harsh lyrics the Hunter sung, Koya shot the mottle-coated creature a diamond-edged glare. “You!” she barked out, backed by a noticeable rumble in the back of her throat, “You spout such hatred, like any dog, but you fail to step back and look at yourself!”

With a furious stomp, Jazz propelled herself into a standing position; even with several feet between them her gaze fell downward upon the vixen who dared raise their voice at her. Whether the Hunter was feigning ignorance, or if she truly was blind to several facts that proved her guilty, those she addressed did not know. Through a growl generally reserved for those about to be left in blood soaked ribbons, the Hunter aided an escalating situation in growing out of control; “What the fuck are you talking about, tiny!?” – “Sit!” – “Don't you fucking tell me what to do! And you haven't even seen me begin to say anything hateful!”.

As the Hunter dared take a step forward, the kit fox rose her gloved hand in defense. “I've orders >not< to hurt you” Koya growled as she herself shuffled backward yet continued to hold one of Farsight's ears pinned. Unfortunately, it seemed as though the Hunter may have been banking on the very fact that the kit fox so desperately pointed towards. That only became far more likely as Jazz ceased taking defiant steps towards her much smaller attacker and simply lunged forth, expertly snatching at the wrist of the vixen's glove-wielding hand.

Koya had never considered herself slow by any means. Not once had she ever allowed anything but another fox to match her in a game of reflexes and twitch-based movement. Yet now, the vixen found her jaws parted, eyes wide as the Hunter's white-furred hand enclosed about her wrist. There simply was no way in which the larger creature could be so fast, though as pressure was suddenly applied about the end of her arm, Koya noted that now simply was not the time to determine how she had been bested so easily.

“Farsight!” the kit fox barked before releasing the larger vixen's other ear, “Go!”. As she commanded, the vixen who'd initiated this ordeal took flight through the room's threshold, only to feel a sickening pop near the base of her spine. She need not even ponder what damage had been caused, as she could only cry out pathetically as her tail was once more yanked upon.

“All of this fucking running away!” Jazz arfed with a gargled growl, spraying a globule-filled mist of hot drool down upon the open-mouthed face of her kit fox acquaintance. “That's pretty much all you're kind is really known for” the Hunter continued, “Well that, and being a nuisance to -every- other being!”. Not backing down, even as she gained the unwelcome taste of Jazz's saliva, Koya frenziedly yapped at the larger creature, “I care not what you say; just let her go! I'm the one who attacked you!”. The Hunter rolled her eyes in annoyance as she snarled, “I'm well aware of that! I just want to know why this little runt went yapping for aid!”. Koya glanced over her shoulder towards the stunned, quivering Farsight. Jaws still refusing to close entirely, the kit fox wriggled her arm in the Hunter's grip as she frantically barked, “Probably because you were acting like this! Why don't you just let her go!?”.

For a moment, Jazz seemed to settle down whilst she stopped and thought about her response. The increasing pressure she applied around Koya's wrist however, was an indication that she was not ready to calm down and let Farsight flee just yet. Hazel eyes intentionally looking well over Koya's head, the Hunter's muzzle morphed into an odd, lewd grin. “It's funny; I don't remember acting like this at all until -somebody- felt it was alright to resolve the situation with a bit of shock therapy.”. Strangely enough, Jazz received a hateful growl from Farsight as opposed to the kit fox: “You're lying! You act like you can't feel yourself drooling!” - “SHUT UP!”

A painful tug backward brought about a whine, then silence, from the larger of the two vixens. “She's right!” Koya yipped, her eyes focusing upon the glistening, viscous liquid raining from Jazz's lips, “You are drooling like you're ready to take a bite out of either of us at any moment!”. Jazz further tightened her grip upon the kit fox's wrist; the Hunter knew very well that being electrocuted was no longer a threat, for if the Vulpine dared run a current through the larger creature's fingers, they would only constrict further against the frail skeleton that lay beneath so scrawny an arm.

With but a single snicker, Jazz began to shake her head and growl “So that's what all of this nonsense is about? The little vixen sees a bit of drool, and she immediately thinks the Hunter wants to turn her into a snack?”. Farsight did not comment, yet Koya yapped in her place, only wanting desperately to have her arm released from the agonizing vice grip, “Maybe she overreacted a bit, but why would you continue to pressure her if you knew that she had grown upset?!”.

Jazz suddenly made her strength, and the shear weight difference, known to the kit fox in her grasp. With but a simple rise of her arm the Hunter lifted Koya's wrist over her head whilst simultaneously hoisting the barely-three-foot female clear off of their own two digitigrade paws. Not until the comparatively puny creature was brought eye-to-eye with her did Jazz tilt her head and growl, “I tried to calm her down;” unfortunately, that growl continued into territory Koya wished the Hunter had kept concealed, “I mean, I tried to calm her down...and maybe draw a little blood. Ya' know, just get a bit of the scent... the taste.”

“You can't be serious!” Koya wailed, forcing Jazz's ears to roll back at the sudden spike in volume, “I'd always heard that was a joke!”. Immediately, the Hunter knew what the kit fox referred to, and through a low snarl she answered without pause, “Oh it usually is. Dogs, wolves and foxes talk about eating each other all of the time, but none of them would truly consume a sentient species that hit so close to home. Of course... that's the norm.” Jazz petered off briefly, leaning her nose in to inhale deeply, eyes closing as she relished in a particular scent. “Unfortunately, I'm not part of the norm” the Hunter whined lowly, yet she showed no real signs of fear or sorrow about the situation, “I'm that crazy creature that walks among the normal Antarion breeds, but little do they know I've tasted all of their flesh... and I like it.”

The lids of Koya's eyes threatened to tear open as a mixture of shock and disgust overwhelmed her. She had long ceased wasting energy on struggling, yet what the Hunter implied forced her body to writhe with renewed vigor. “You're sick!” the kit fox howled, her tiny frame and limbs landing no significant blows upon the Hunter's body. Jazz merely shrugged to the comment before barking back softly, “I know, but it's a bit late for me to go back to... not liking it. Besides, it's not like I have any intention of eating either of you two.”

All at once, the feelings of dread in the kit fox subsided. Eyes still wide with fear and anxiety, Koya yapped for confirmation, “Wait... so this isn't going where I thought it was going, is it?”. Jazz merely shook her head in response, even bothering to crack a sly grin upon her muzzle. To that, the kit fox panted lowly, eyes darting everywhere but into locking position with the Hunter's. “Shit!” the Vulpine growled, “You had me worried for a second there.” – “I know.”

Jazz never actually snickered or laughed, though her grip upon Koya's wrist began to wane, right up until she dropped the poor fox back to their own two feet. “Look,” the Hunter began with a barely audible growl, “I'm not going to ruin my chances of getting an easy ride out of this place”. As Koya cracked a sheepish smile and began to respond, Jazz cut her off, as well as received widened eyes from the slowly recovering Farsight; “But... that's the only reason. And if I find out that either of you go and bark about this to anyone else... well, let's face it;” being sure that bother smaller creature's had eyes on her (or close to on her in Farsight's case) Jazz snapped her jaws open and shut forcefully, being sure to click her teeth in as loudly a manner as possible.

“Now go!” the lycan snarled, prompting both foxes to take a hint and scurry off into the dimly lit halls, “The both of you together is entirely too tempting.”

As she listened to the gradually fading sound of paws skittering over compacted sand, the Hunter returned to her spot in the middle of her unlit room. Splaying upon her back, eyes to the ceiling once more, she mulled over the recent situation in silence. She did however, whine but a single time as she vocalized a thought, “Such a shame the little one called for help; she seemed so... tender. I'm sure Aeris wouldn't have missed just one of her little lackeys.” With that, Jazz began to finally drift towards sleep. That traumatic incident for both Koya and Farsight had been just what she needed to release her mind from the woeful bondage that had plagued it earlier. Indeed, thoughts of those she'd failed to save had crept back into the blood-soaked holes from which they came, leaving the Hunter's mind at peace for the time being.

>>>

foxelite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

PreviousNext

Return to Macro Story