CLOVERFIELD 2

Archive of the "Macro Chat" forum

Postby Killosk » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:55 pm

ROGUE wrote:Sez you.
Did you also enjoy anything involving Dagon?

I know I enjoyed shooting him in the face with a harpoon in Dark Corners of the Earth. <3
Killosk
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Rattus » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:14 pm

Rogue can fap to Slither! It's a talent.
Rattus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Alkari » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:56 am

Personally I think this is a mistake. I liked Cloverfield fairly well because it was fairly unique and gave some good sense of emotion until the end there. I generally don't like Abrams stuff because I'm not entirely of the Lovecraft assumption that less is more, you need to see the thing and get a rough idea on what it's doing. I don't think that his style is well suited for a series unless you get something like X-Files that ALWAYS have these cliff hangers while holding out a tantalizing bit of information in the next episode only to find out that it's very sparse and tells you nothing about the over all plot.

Cloverfield was different, that stuff actually worked in it's favor, and since it was a stand alone product, I think it would hold up better than a series full of disapointments. Personally I don't want to see a Cloverfield 2. What I would like is like a Cloverfield 1.5 DVD with a lot of special features including the viral marketting stuff, and some History Channel type documentaries from the other people in New York on that day and the soldiers on the ground. Personally I'd find that more engrossing now than just seeing another angle of the event, zoom out and let us take a look at it. Don't tell us everything, but just what people would be able to put together after a year or two after the attack. I would pay up to $20 extra for a monster autopsy video, but that's just me...
Alkari
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Orbital_Seht » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:46 pm

baggy52 wrote:The battery in the camera must have been a super battery to last as long as it did...

If it's true what the producers said, the movie is only as long as the camera's battery lasted.

And as for the fappage question: X
Orbital is really neat!
Orbital is filled with meat!
We've been eating Or-bit-alll!

Want RPs? Want Stories? Contact Me!
Orbital_Seht
Rampage
Rampage

Previous

Return to Archive: Macro Chat