Before you leave, read this

Archive of the "Macro Chat" forum

Postby MasterNightBlade » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:51 am

Mammagamma wrote:it grows on you if you listen to them enough. A real trio of talent.

Ain't sayin' they ain't good. I just don't like his voice. It curls my spine in revulsion. Beats, guitar, and bass I dig. His voice it's just nails on a chalkboard to me.
MasterNightBlade
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby HypeEnlite » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:27 am

What song(s) did you listen to? It's a fact he started singing in a lower register after their 1980 Permanent Waves album.

But yea, you aren't the first. Pretty much everyone who I showed Rush to all said the same thing. =(
HypeEnlite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby MasterNightBlade » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:38 am

Tom Sawyer. :p
MasterNightBlade
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby HypeEnlite » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:12 pm

Myself, I've never liked Tom Sawyer. >_>

You might like one of these better, and if not then I give up. :P

The Pass

Subdivisions

Far Cry (a single off their new album, Snakes and Arrows)

Dreamline/Bravado (I couldn't find a video with only Dreamline)

If systems are nay, then I shall be content you realize they are good at their instruments. :P (and that you should check out their instrumentals: La Villa Strangiato, YYZ, Limbo, Where's My Thing?, Leave that Thing Alone and their instrumentals from their new album: The Main Monkey Business, Malignant Narcissism and Lifeson's guitar showcase: Hope)

---------

Rush was my favorite band for quite a while, can you tell? >_>
HypeEnlite
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DreamspinnerSethan » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:24 pm

Free Will
Earthshine
Resist

All three of those are also fairly good . . . Resist should be much easier on your ears.
Don't mind me, I'm just killing time until I die in the most amusing way possible.
DreamspinnerSethan
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby padfootsm » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:04 pm

Ya know...the topic here has shifted so far to the left that even the politicians are crying 'foul' and I'm not talking about the duck.
"The quill is truly stronger than the sword."
padfootsm
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Vulpine_RedFox » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:08 pm

DD wrote:.......and forums flooded by noobs)

Noob is (Or at least was) a term for new people to a group/community. It is a "txt msg" (Text Message) generation word that originated from Newbie.
Although most people now seem to think it's some kind of insult like 'knob'.
So you've kind of contradicted yourself with the rest of your post about being nice to the newbies. But you've always been a nice guy so I know you didn't mean to. :wink:
I haven't had my coffee yet - Don't Make Me Kill You
Vulpine_RedFox
Gojira
Gojira

Postby The Blue Mage » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:22 pm

Vulpine_RedFox wrote:
DD wrote:.......and forums flooded by noobs)

Noob is (Or at least was) a term for new people to a group/community. It is a "txt msg" (Text Message) generation word that originated from Newbie.
Although most people now seem to think it's some kind of insult like 'knob'.
So you've kind of contradicted yourself with the rest of your post about being nice to the newbies. But you've always been a nice guy so I know you didn't mean to. :wink:

OHHH no no no, you're missing a huge difference between newbie and n00b.
A newbie is just that: A new guy! We're all newbies! Or were, then we grew into it. That's the sign of the newbie, he will eventually shape up and act like a pretty model member.

A N00B, on the other hand, is not only new.
No, the n00b somehow even takes the time to -be- obnoxious. The n00b doesn't grow to like the place, nor does he learn the rules--or even basic human decency. He believes -he- calls the shots, and that by being annoying he's somehow endearing. N00bs deserve nothing less than to be stricken down by the B&hammer.

FAKE EDIT: Okay, maybe not nothing less. But noobs need to know that they've gotta shut the fuck up for a second or two and think. Forty-sixty chance they'll act on it.
It is a glorious thing, a thing to be a pirate king.
The Blue Mage
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby DreamspinnerSethan » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:41 pm

Ok, I have to be on topic?! Waaaah, I'm leeeeeeaving!

No, not really. If I did, who'd lurk for me?
Don't mind me, I'm just killing time until I die in the most amusing way possible.
DreamspinnerSethan
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Re: Before you leave, read this

Postby xxDrewmanxx » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:41 pm

ROGUE wrote:You know, we have gotten a certain number of folks on here who seem to think that a snarky comment makes them look clever. Snarkiness in the hands of a professional (such as a certain red-faced devil guy) can be very charming. In the hands of an amateur, though, it can really turn a person off to this community. We're seeing more and more of that, and because of these amateurs, macrophile.com has gotten a reputation for being overrun by trolls and not worth the trouble to visit.

That is really sad, because there's quite a lot of folks here who are really quite nice, and only a very few people out there who are too rude, too immature, or simply too dull to realize that they are doing more harm than good when they decide to cut someone else down.

The saddest part, though, is that so many people who are leaving are unaware of a very simple little feature that can make the problem go away:

http://forums.macrophile.com/ignore.php

I use this very freely myself, although usually only after the third or fourth instance of unnecessary incivility, since I understand that sometimes folks just have a bad day.

Try it. I think you may find that macrophile.com really is a very fine community once only a very few loud voices are removed.

(Note: for those too young to have heard it, "Snark" is a contracted form of "snide remark.")

EXACTLY! Why do people insist on saying stuff that gets them banned? It's idiotic! Can we crush that away like we crush buildings? YES! Just by clicking on the link Rogue posted!
I thought the 4 x's in my username would make me appear as if I most dangerous macro the universe can contain. Obviously I wasn't thinking clearly, at the time...

My FurBase! http://furbase.bigfurs.com/display.php?id=2905
xxDrewmanxx
Gojira
Gojira

PreviousNext

Return to Archive: Macro Chat