Before you leave, read this

Archive of the "Macro Chat" forum

Postby xxDrewmanxx » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:46 pm

Arnavon wrote:I'm RIGHT behind Rogue on this.. ever since I've joined this community, I've been warned OVER AND OVER by countless furs to stay clear of M.com because it's filled with Peranas. Now that I moderate another, similar Macrophile forum,.. and have looked over M.com, Rogue's absolutely right. This sort of childish behavior is exactly what sends new members away. When I first came into all of this, I really looked up to furs like Crux, Rogue, Sparky, and a few others that just otherwise seemed to not only be involved in our community, but were HELPING and BUILDING up the community as well.

I'm not attacking anyone particularly, but as a general whole our fandom needs to step up a little and present something that others are going to want to be a part of in order to grow and prosper. If everyone just hashes the newbie to pieces or tears someone up for something even relatively small, AND THEN gets away with it, what sort of message are we sending to those who haven't yet joined?

At any rate, Rogue, you have my full support.

If by some chance any of you are slow thinkers (just kidding), I strongly support this too!
I thought the 4 x's in my username would make me appear as if I most dangerous macro the universe can contain. Obviously I wasn't thinking clearly, at the time...

My FurBase! http://furbase.bigfurs.com/display.php?id=2905
xxDrewmanxx
Gojira
Gojira

Postby Rattus » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:37 pm

You don't have to post twice when you can open two windows with a quote for each post and use your God-granted copypaste powers to form one onto the other... not like you should be quoting two ungodly paragraphs when a simple "I agree with..." would suffice in the first place.
Rattus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Killosk » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:12 pm

This thread is now about suggesting more passive-aggressive tactics so you can be an enormous douchebag to rival even me!

-Make Bennie add in a thread voting modification, and then vote every thread made by someone you don't like as low as you can go.

-Invite everyone to a big Macrophile party except the person you don't like. When they ask why they weren't invited, say you forgot, while stroking your neckbeard knowingly.

-Ignore th- oh wait nevermind.

-Spread a rumor that they had a black baby out of wedlock, if this person is John McCain.

-Make a list about passive-aggressive tactics.
Killosk
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Rattus » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:17 pm

Killosk wrote:-Make Bennie add in a thread voting modification, and then vote every thread made by someone you don't like as low as you can go.

Or you could make it like those really faggy forums where each individual user has a 'good/bad' ticker one can vote for at most once a day, and the results change a little underslung icon from a smiley face to a frowny one for someone nobody likes...

Also an option: intiating the CYD forum protocol of banning anyone with more than ten ignores from other users.
Rattus
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby baggy52 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:25 pm

Rattus wrote:intiating the CYD forum protocol of banning anyone with
more than ten ignores from other users.

Which one disgruntled person could easily do via making nine sock-puppet accounts...
No, really. Ask me about it.
baggy52
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Killosk » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:29 pm

baggy52 wrote:Which one disgruntled person could easily do via making nine sock-puppet accounts...
Brilliant idea! Now you're getting into it!
Killosk
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby baggy52 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:31 pm

Killosk wrote:
baggy52 wrote:Which one disgruntled person could easily do via making nine sock-puppet accounts...
Brilliant idea! Now you're getting into it!

I wish I could take responsibility for that amazing Idea, but it is not mine.
Just go to wikipedia, almost all of the users there are sock-puppets. (and they wonder why they have so many admins...)
No, really. Ask me about it.
baggy52
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Sigwion » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:42 pm

I do not think it is possible to compltely filter out what we consider to be negative influences. Perceptions differ and with them viewpoints of what should and shouldn't be said. Sure, certain social standards are well known and still neglected, but just because an individual finds something offensive it does not mean the comment itself is. I think selective censorship is the best answer and that is already in effect thanks to Bennie and the ignore button.

To summerize:
It is only the place of the self-rightous to judge with absolute conviction;
let us only express our viewpoints in turn and hope that a peaceful resolution to conflict can be had.

~Zen~
Sigwion
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Postby Draconder » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:32 pm

I tend to ignore some posts, not by using the ignore button but by shrugging it off my toughened, battle hardened forum armour which I wear everyday when I scan around here. Of course, these gauntlets don't make it easy to post so I have taken them off and ... oh my god, it burns, it burns!!!
Draconder
Extinction Level Event
Extinction Level Event

Previous

Return to Archive: Macro Chat